OnLoad form position

While using CRM, I have created a number of custom entities. I know how to
set the size using an onLoad script, but is there any way to move the for so
that it opens and the user can see everything on the page, rather than
opening so that half of the form is off-screen?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator."
When I try to create a new appointment in Outlook 2003 (with all the latest updates) on my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (with all the latest updates) I get the following message: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." What now??????? Austin Powers wrote: > When I try to create a new appointment in Outlook 2003 (with all the > latest updates) on my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (with all the > latest updates) I get the following message: > > "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact...

if and then in a form
i'm guessing its a macro - not my strong point i want to grey out an input field based on a combo box selection so if they select option 1 then box 2 is unavailable and vice versa -- deb On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:26:01 -0700, deb <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Why not make today the day you write your first code? All Access programmers eventually have to. It starts with selecting the right spot to write your code. In this case the AfterUpdate event of your Combobox. It fires after the user makes a selection. Open the Properties window, select the combobox, se...

windows forms
I have a button next to a text box when i click the button i show a Datagridview there is a button on the datagridview window so the user can click button or press the Alt+S &Select lablel on the button when the button is clicked it selects the data closes the window Fills the textbox with the data selected and i Senkey.Send{"{TAB") to leave the text box this works.....what does not work is when the User Presses the Alt+s key while in the Datagridview window it enters the button click event as if the button was pressed...but never leaves the Text box Thanks D...

NEWBIE to ACCESS help with forms
Hi, I am looking to have a form, With 1 combo boxes (telephone), and the rest text boxes. I want to be able to select a telephone number and have the other 2 boxes shows the associated firstname and last name so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields telephone first name last name Additionally IF POSSIBLE would want to be able to choose a last name, and it show the telephone and first name associated Access 2003 Thanks in advance When you create a combo box using the wizard, it gives you two options: Save the combo box selection to a field or Look up a record using the combo ...

Printing only filtered data in a form
Hi all- I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and click the report button and print only that data. Each time I open the form different data will need to be selected by the user. For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the WhereCondition for OpenReport. This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open Report1 filtered the same way as the form: Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty The...

turn form upside down
I want to make a form like a check register. The top on the first page has writing on it. The back side of this page should have the spaces on the top and the writing on the bottom. Can I turn a form upside down. See this... http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/oddity/the_camera_tool/ You can create a "picture" of the text and then just rotate the picture until it's upside down. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "AZgrl" <AZgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FDC8BF7-BCB2-48BF-A454-F44E1AC5C76C@microsoft.com... >I want...

Saving Form as Report in ADP
Does anyone know how to save a Form as a Report in an Access ADP. Apparently this process is straightforward in an mdb as you right click on the form and save to report (the wizard does the rest). But this option is not present in my ADP version. Any thoughts? I don't use ADPs any more because it's just easier to use an MDB, even with SQL-Server. The best advice I can give you is to open an empty report in Design View and do the same for the form, Select all the controls on the form, copy them, and paste them onto the report. Not quite as clean or easy as right-click...

OWA: Combining form-based & basic HTTP auth
Hello, Is it possible to enable both form-based and HTTP authentication at the same time for an OWA server in Exchange 2003? I've been trying to do this for the last day or so and have not been having much luck. I would like to have both because each method has its advantages. Form-based auth allows session timeouts and compression (why is compression tied to the form method by the way?). HTTP auth prevents unauthenticated users from knowing that you have an OWA server there as they hit the HTTP auth before they can learn anything except you are running IIS. I can use either in...

How to display the TOTAL of a sub form on the parent Form?
on my sub form (subDetails) I have a totals column. I then Total the totals column in the footer of the subform in a field named (txtOrderTotal) I want to display that total on the Parent form (frmOrders) (I do not want to just show the footer of the sub form due to placment issues) So on my parrent form I have a text box with this code in the control source =Forms!subDetails.txtOrderTotal BUT all I get is "#NAME?!" I have doubled checked my spelling. Am I going about this wrong? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:38:35 -0700...

Network User Name Link On Forms
We run on a novell network. Most of our office databases/documents hav a field for Name, or Initials. We want to link the excel forms to th user name and/or initals so the fields are filled in every tim automatically. We created a user id file, and placed it on a couple of machines Problem is, when linking to it, databases show every field belonging t that specific user. We want it to the run the link formula, plug in the user name, and the make it text so that it stays in the database showing the user tha assigned the field. Should we link to a file on each users hard drive? Should we l...

On Click, Open a form, choose a selection then have it populate fi
Hello. I have a form with a subform (datasheet view). In the subform I have a few fields, "Category", "SubCategory", "Amount", "Comments". Upon clicking in the Category field I would like a form called "frm_Categories" to open so that I can choose only one of many selections ( these selections would come from a table) so that upon choosing one of them the form would grab what ever I selected and populate the "Category" field with it. Does anyone know how to do this? I have seen something similar with a form calendar...

Hyperlinks and bookmarks in protected forms
Hi, I know this issue has been raised before and I've tried the suggested solutions, but it still won't work for me! When creating a form which contains check boxes, if I protect the document, restricting editing to "Filling in Forms", any hyperlinks to other documents, or bookmarks within the document, will not work. I've tried adding a section break before and after the checklist and just protecting that section, but the hyperlinks in the unprotected section still won't work. I've also tried embedding the hyperlink in a "FollowLink" ma...

Form OnLoad event for Case Entity not firing?
Hi, Is there something different about the Case entity that prevents a Form onLoad event from firing? I put an alert() call in there and it doesn't fire. I even typed garbage in the event handler and it doesn't error. Other entities like activity seem to work fine. Actually, I can't ge the onSave or the onChange events for any Case fields to fire either.... Thanks for you help! Todd Very interesting - I have the exact same problem with the Opportunity entity in CRM 4.0 Are you using CRM 4.0? Did you upgrade from 3.0? I did fix this for while by importing clean out of the ...

Custom Forms
Hello, A fellow administrator recently installed a custom form on our 2003 exchange server. One thing we noticed is that within Outlook 2003 the new form works just great, but we don't see it when logging into exchange via the web interface. Is there a way to get the custom for to be seen there? thanks! Sean no. 6-bit or 32-bit eforms won't display in OWA That isn't to say that you can't customize OWA, nor am I saying that you can't build all sorts of powerful apps on top of the Exchange store (i.e. non-mapi top level hierarchies and custom app-specific schemas,et...

Problem extracting Attachments form a .msg and .eml attachments.
Able to extract when they are directly attached to an email...but when this email with attachment is send as an attachment with new email ... Prashant Majhwar <prashant.majhwar@gmail.com> wrote: > Able to extract when they are directly attached to an email...but > when this email with attachment is send as an attachment with new > email ... You have to open each one in turn. There's no way to open them all at once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Onload Event
I currently have a field called multiplier on the opportunity form. I am using the Onload event of the form to autopopulate the field with the value of 50, however I need this to be a one time load. For example, if the user creates a new opportunity I need the multiplier field to autopopulate with the value or 50. HOwever, if the user changes the value and brings up the form again we need it to maintain the new value and not populate again with 50. I currently do not see a way of doing this. Thanks for the help! You can use the FormType to do that: //Undefined Form Type = 0 //Crea...

Forms and AutoText
I have a form and I am using the following code to test if a check box is checked and if so, to insert Autotext. Everything works fine, however, after the autotext is inserted I would like the cursor to return to the first fill in formfield of the autotext just inserted. Right now, it is going to the next fillin formfield after the checkbox. I've tried various code after the line ".AttachedTemplate.AutoTextEntries(ATEntryName).Insert myRange, True", but have had no luck. I'm right now scouring the internet for solutions, but if anybody can answer this I woul...

outlook forms #17
When I create a form I can send it within my organisation fine but if I send to some externally all I get is a blank email. Does anyone have any ideas??? Outlook custom forms have little use in that scenario, because they work = only if the recipient also has access to the published form definition.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "...

Printing Adobe forms via a terminal server
We have many remote Great Plains users (connecting on the road or at home). While in the main office and connected directly to the network, a user can print a form (i.e. sales order) to the screen, and then select 'send to' and email the form to a customer or vendor. However, if a user is connected to the terminal services server, (Adobe is installed on that server as well), the form cannot be generated in the Adobe format. What else has to be done? It will enhance our procedures tremendously if a salesperson could email their sales order directly to the customer while on th...

Form Combo incorrectly rounding
I have a field that is named 3-Gauge. Type=Number, Size=Single (I also tried double), Format=Standard, Decimals=4. The values appear correctly in the underlying query (e.g. 0.0160), but the combo rounds everything up (e.g. 0.02). I have tried using Standard, and Fixed format for the Combo properties, and have the Decimal Places set to 4. But it still displays 0.02. If I do a setvalue macro to populate a corresponding unbound field on the form, it populates correctly. It just won't display in the combo without rounding. Thanks for your help. >> The values app...

Setting a Combo box value from a previous form
Hi, I have a form with a list of records (servers) - from #1. In my DB, i found a nifty utility online that connects to a remote server and downloads its services and related info into a table and displays it in a form - form #2. When this form is open, you select the server from a combo box and then click an 'Update Button'. What I would like to do is from form #1, if I double click a record, it opens up form # 2, populates the server combo box (from form #1), and then fetches the data without having to click the update button on form #2. I know I can set the va...

Undo dirty form after opening popup form
I have a subform within a main form. On the subform is an option group with three option buttons. When you click on any of the option buttons a popup form opens to which the user inputs a date. I need the user to be able to click a cancel button on the popup form that would close that form without saving changes and undo changes on the underlying subform (i.e. return the option button to it's original selection) that initiated the popup. Can someone help me with the right syntax to use in the code? Thanks much! I tried this behind the click event of the "Cancel" button on t...

OnLoad form position
While using CRM, I have created a number of custom entities. I know how to set the size using an onLoad script, but is there any way to move the for so that it opens and the user can see everything on the page, rather than opening so that half of the form is off-screen? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ...

I Need to Create Form For Sales Reporting
Could someone please recommend how to create a form for 50 employees to track their weekly sales? I am hoping to create the form based on 4 tables: employees/customers/products/sales activities Do these tables sound like a reasonable start for a new user? Thanks for your advice! -Ella Ella We aren't there. We have no way to know the specifics of your situation. What works for one situation may prove totally off-base in another. If you were working with a spreadsheet, I could imagine starting out as you've described. Access is a relational database, though, and you'l...

onLoad User Error Message 10-11-07
I created a onLoad event on the Account entity that hides a few tabs and along with the navigation icons ("Services" and Marketing"). Everything works well, until I open the account form as a read-only form. To recreate the error message, I use the Account lookup, select an Account, then click on "Properties". The error message I receive states: "There was an error message with this fields customized event. Field: crmForm Event: onLoad Error: 'navService' is undefined" Any thoughts or suggestions? Also here is the script that I am using - forgive ...