OnLoad Event Error

Hey All,

My client is getting an odd error during the Account Form's OnLoad event.
There's an extensive amount of JScript code in it, but all was working on the
CRM Server during testing, but when the User open's the Account, they receive
this Msg:

Error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted.
Requested operation requires a current record.

Part of the code queries a filtered view in the CRM db, could it be that
some users do not have permissions for this view?

Has anyone seen this before?
0
MD1 (196)
12/21/2007 2:57:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Error seems to be from the ADO provider.
Without the code sample I can't help you much.
Try insert alert('debug1'), alert('debug2'), etc... in your OnLoad code to
get the exact place it throws an error.

You can also check if the user is in "DOMAIN\ReportingGroup{guid...}", but
judging from the error I don't feel this is going to be permission issue.

Hope this helps,
Jevgenij

"MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> My client is getting an odd error during the Account Form's OnLoad event.
> There's an extensive amount of JScript code in it, but all was working on
> the
> CRM Server during testing, but when the User open's the Account, they
> receive
> this Msg:
>
> Error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted.
> Requested operation requires a current record.
>
> Part of the code queries a filtered view in the CRM db, could it be that
> some users do not have permissions for this view?
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

Jevgenij,

This is what I suspected, too. I went into the user Roles and no one had
Read permissions for the Entity I query in the OnLoad event. Since I queried
the Filtered View, this makes sense. I gave all user Roles "Read" permissions
and I'm waiting to hear back from the client. I'm thinking this will resolve
the issue. Thanks!

"Jevgenij Martynenko" wrote:

> Error seems to be from the ADO provider.
> Without the code sample I can't help you much.
> Try insert alert('debug1'), alert('debug2'), etc... in your OnLoad code to
> get the exact place it throws an error.
>
> You can also check if the user is in "DOMAIN\ReportingGroup{guid...}", but
> judging from the error I don't feel this is going to be permission issue.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jevgenij
>
> "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey All,
> >
> > My client is getting an odd error during the Account Form's OnLoad event.
> > There's an extensive amount of JScript code in it, but all was working on
> > the
> > CRM Server during testing, but when the User open's the Account, they
> > receive
> > this Msg:
> >
> > Error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted.
> > Requested operation requires a current record.
> >
> > Part of the code queries a filtered view in the CRM db, could it be that
> > some users do not have permissions for this view?
> >
> > Has anyone seen this before?

0
MD1 (196)
12/21/2007 3:34:01 PM
Oh, in this case it probably will, since FilteredViews use CRM security
settings while accessing data.
But, as far as I can tell without viewing a code, the script itself has a
problem when there are no records in the CRM. It seems it doesn't check if
RecordSet is EOF before looping through it...

> Jevgenij,
>
> This is what I suspected, too. I went into the user Roles and no one had
> Read permissions for the Entity I query in the OnLoad event. Since I
> queried
> the Filtered View, this makes sense. I gave all user Roles "Read"
> permissions
> and I'm waiting to hear back from the client. I'm thinking this will
> resolve
> the issue. Thanks!
>
> "Jevgenij Martynenko" wrote:
>
>> Error seems to be from the ADO provider.
>> Without the code sample I can't help you much.
>> Try insert alert('debug1'), alert('debug2'), etc... in your OnLoad code
>> get the exact place it throws an error.
>>
>> You can also check if the user is in "DOMAIN\ReportingGroup{guid...}",
>> but
>> judging from the error I don't feel this is going to be permission issue.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Jevgenij
>>
>> "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey All,
>> >
>> > My client is getting an odd error during the Account Form's OnLoad
>> > event.
>> > There's an extensive amount of JScript code in it, but all was working
>> > on
>> > the
>> > CRM Server during testing, but when the User open's the Account, they
>> > receive
>> > this Msg:
>> >
>> > Error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been
>> > deleted.
>> > Requested operation requires a current record.
>> >
>> > Part of the code queries a filtered view in the CRM db, could it be
>> > that
>> > some users do not have permissions for this view?
>> >
>> > Has anyone seen this before?

Error
Hi Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. We get these error msgs regularly and want to know how to find what is causing it. Also KB article 268831 discusses this but only for Exchange 2000. Is it the same solution for Exchange 2003.?? The event msgs are Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 04/03/04 Time: 4:35:31 PM User: N/A Computer: APOLLO Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (APOLLO)". Function name or description of problem: EcGenerateReadReport: Function n...

LDAP Recurrent Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5AFD7.24E2F410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! On My Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 Server an LDAP error is logged = EACH HOUR. It's alway about a failed modification over an object that = does not exists. Here is an example Log: =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

Error 25015. Failed to install.....because of system error: 0x80131107
Error 25015. Failed to install assembly 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll' because of system error: 0x80131107 I know I posted a thread below this one, but I need help on this too. I just need .NET Framework v2.0, so I tried to get it and at the end of install I got the error message above, and help? -- oblivion92 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oblivion92's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156398.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-...

Integration Manager 10.0 error message
Would anyone know the cause if this error? This fixed assets integration ran with no problem last month. "Integration < > is not ready to run due to the following problems: Source queries are not ready to execute. Query < > cannot be executed until the following problem is corrected:" ------ and nothing is listed! Thanks for any help offerred. Are you able to right click on the source and preview? You may have to remap the source file. Thanks, VJ On Nov 3, 10:57=A0am, Patti <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Would anyone know the cause if t...

Outlook Express error.
About 2 months ago my computer was hit with the Blaster virus/worm and since then my email stop working. I went to symantec website to download the tool to remove the Balster worm, but everytime i tried to use OE 6.0 it give me this error message: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. (Account:'xxxxxx', SMTP erver: 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', Error Number: 0x800ccc15). I research on the web, it tells me to uninstall the TCP/Ip stack and reinstall it(ripping???). I am not so computer literate, Can one of you computer guru point me the way on how to d...

error in my code need help plzzzz
hi again im having a bit of a problem, when i try to execute this code i get a error with the fourth line highlighted in yellow, Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() UserForm1.Hide Sheets("workings").Select Range("B18").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("B20").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("B22").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("B24").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("B26").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("B30").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("H18").Select Selection.ClearContents Range...

Form OnLoad event for Case Entity not firing?
Hi, Is there something different about the Case entity that prevents a Form onLoad event from firing? I put an alert() call in there and it doesn't fire. I even typed garbage in the event handler and it doesn't error. Other entities like activity seem to work fine. Actually, I can't ge the onSave or the onChange events for any Case fields to fire either.... Thanks for you help! Todd Very interesting - I have the exact same problem with the Opportunity entity in CRM 4.0 Are you using CRM 4.0? Did you upgrade from 3.0? I did fix this for while by importing clean out of the ...

MSExchangeDSAccess Event 2061
Every 20 minutes we get the following error event: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: LDAP Event ID: 2061 Date: 1/17/2006 Time: 8:34:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AUSTIN2K3 Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2. Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server. Any clues? Thanks in advance. Alex. See if it helps: http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2061&eventno=1784&source=MSExchangeDSAccess&...

error messege
please can anyone tell me how to fix this. An error occurred trying to initialize internal data for the newsgroup 'Bulk Mail' on the account 'Hotmail'. just started since i downloaded updates. ...

error on save with Access 2002
Access cannot save changes to dependant OLE object. (Direct translation of the Spanish error message) When trying to save record that has a field linked to a .pdf file. It works on Access 2K and not for Access 2K2 users Translation of error message continues: You have no permissions to write to log where object is stored or log is locked by another user Any idea how to fix this? ...

ODBC
Hello everybody, I need access an external database via a sql statement with two parameters but my routine return run-time error -3142-; the same sql, without parameters, runs perfectly. Someone help me? Thanks in advance. My routine is : Dim conAHE As Connection, WS As Workspace, DOC As Recordset, miaQuery As QueryDef Set WS = CreateWorkspace("ODBCWorkspace", "admin", "", dbUseODBC) Set conAHE = WS.OpenConnection("AHE", dbDriverNoPrompt, True, "ODBC;DATABASE=AHE_STD;UID=sa;PWD=;DNS=AHE") Set miaQuery =...

Authentication Error after CRM Rebuild
We had to rebuild our CRM 3.0 server, and after installing SQL 2005 & CRM and restoring the databases, we are now getting an authentication error in the browser. Note that the original AD security groups in AD were accidentally deleted. Also, we tried to re-associate the databases with CRM through Deployment Manager but the Server Manager part is not displayed. We made sure we were logged in with the CRM installation credentials Any thoughts about how we can get past this? Thanks Yes, 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Run the Redeployment Wizard (on the DVD, Redeployment folder) -- this will do ...

How can I create my own events?
I need a class to send events to a dialog window I have created "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA81315F-8765-4CF3-AC01-526FF4FADBC0@microsoft.com... > I need a class to send events to a dialog window I have created > CDialog MyDialog; MyDialog.SendMessage(MessageNumber, wParam, lParam); class MyClass { public: MyClass(CWnd *Target); private: void DoSomething(); CWnd *m_TargetWindow; }; MyClass::MyClass(CWnd *Target) { m_TargetWindow = *Target; } void MyClass::DoSomething() { m_TargetWindow->SendMess...

Error when using Redeployment Tool
I am redeploying an old CRM instance on a new AD. I am using the Redeployment Tool offered by Microsoft. I have successfully extracted the settings using the Export Wizard. However, when I run the Redeployment Wizard, I receive the following error. "An error occurred when populating Microsoft CRM user groups. Ensure that CRM user accounts are accessible from the current domain and run the wizard again." I have followed the guidelines document and I have tried the redeployment tools a couple of times and I keep receiving this error. Can someone please help? Thanks. I...

installed office 2007, 2003 calendar events did not appear.
I had a error 1311 on installation of office 2007. The error solution was to uninstall office 2003 and reinstall 2007. Everything came up fine except calendar. None of my events from 2003 showed up, however my reminder popups worked from the 2003 calendar. I can't find the name of the calendar file to try to reinstall. Thanks, Charlie The calendar is in your pst. Do you see the calendar if you use Folder list view? (Press Ctrl+6 to switch to the folder list. ) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Insert object error
In Word 2006 when I try to insert an object from a file (another Word file, Excel file, etc.) as an icon in a Word 2007 document I receive an error "Word cnnot start the converter mswrd632.wpc." What can I do to correct this problem. Thanks. JoeP Click on the Fixit button at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "JoeP" <JoeP@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Option group & paramater error
I have a form that I wish to use an option group to filter a field on the sub-form. I have input the following code: Private Sub fraStatus_AfterUpdate() If Me.fraStatus.Value = 2 Then Me.Filter = "Status = Closed" Me.FilterOn = True ElseIf Me.fraStatus.Value = 1 Then Me.Filter = "Status = Open" Me.FilterOn = True Else Me.FilterOn = False End If End Sub I have also placed the following code in the subform: Private Sub Form_ApplyFilter(Cancel As Integer, ApplyType As Integer) If ApplyType = acShowAllRecords Then Me.fraStatus.Value = 3 'Show all...

Onload Event
I currently have a field called multiplier on the opportunity form. I am using the Onload event of the form to autopopulate the field with the value of 50, however I need this to be a one time load. For example, if the user creates a new opportunity I need the multiplier field to autopopulate with the value or 50. HOwever, if the user changes the value and brings up the form again we need it to maintain the new value and not populate again with 50. I currently do not see a way of doing this. Thanks for the help! You can use the FormType to do that: //Undefined Form Type = 0 //Crea...

I need the code for event procedure of text box
I have a Text Box whose record source is a field of a query. I want to update the query field upon 'change' What code do I need to put in the event procedure to do that? Are you sure about this, Bob? The Change event fires with each keystroke, so firstly, you might need to consider whether the data would be valid. For example, if the text box is bound to a Date/Time field, it would not be valid when you have only typed 3/ Similarly if it is bound to a Number field, it would not be valid at the point when you have only typed the negative sign. If you want to proceed, the idea ...

ERROR when opening Excel file #2
Please let me know if you have seen this or know how to fix. I'm getting this error(below) message when opening a pretty basic excel worksheet. Does anyone know how I can find out how it is attached to the file... I've tried everything and can not get rid of it. I desperately need this file to be clean, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cannot find 'c:\program files\IQSC\Q+E\[qe32.xla]qe32'$A1, which has been assigned to run each time [File.xls]Sheet1 is opened. Continuing could cause errors. Continu [yes] [no] There are no macros that I can see att...

Close Form Event
I have a AC2003 bound form. The condition I'm trying to capture is if the user modifies any item on the form and they close the form without saving changes. Simple...right? I found out that Form_Close doesn't work so I tried the following code in the Form_Unload event and that isn't working either. It does not even trigger the event. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I would be much appreciated. Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer) If Me.btnSave.Enabled Then Dim strMsg As String strMsg = strMsg & "Save Chan...

InternetGetLastResponseInfo gives lnk2001 error
I'm trying to get more information about the windows.h error 12003. I'm using the afxinet.h include to get a connection to a ftp server, and then trying to retrieve a list of files and I'm getting no files found, with last error of 12003. In the more information about the error, I'm supposedly able to use this function to get more information, but when I try to use as per the documentation on msdn, I get a lnk2001 error. I'm sure it's because I'm not using an include file of some sort, but I don't know which file to include or which option to turn on/...

Error starting Outlook 2000
Every time I go to start up Outlook, I get an error box that says "warning opening "untitled". Inside the box it goes to explain: "the form for this item has not been registered in this folder or in your company's forms library. Because this item contains macros, which could contain a virus harmful to your computer, you may not want to run the macros" I think have a choice of "disable macros" or "enable macros". Even if I enable them, I still get this msg each time I start Outlook. I have no attachments in my inbox, and I deleted the...

Unload, Close, Deactivate. Which event is best?
Good afternoon Hoping for some quidance as to which event to use for an append query to a temp table. A little background: Currently the users enter all purchase order info via a main form (with PO Nbr and supplier info, etc..) and the purchase order details get entered into the subform. The user enters amount ordered, amount received and a calculated field shows whether there are any backorders or not. If there are any backorders, once they are received the user goes back into the Purchase order and changes the amount received. All this works fine except we have no idea as to whe...

Error when opening spreadsheet
When this spreadsheet opens I receive the following error. Microsoft Excell cannot find 'FG_INV_VAL_4_12_01' ON '2003 Inventory Tracking.xls' This is a spreadsheet I have been using for a long time. There is a macro on the inventory sheet with the same name as in the error message. However I can find no reference to it in the spreadsheet I am trying to open. How do I debug this error to find the cause? ...