OnChange Event - Trigger Manual Workflow Rule

Hi,

I need to add an OnChange Event to a picklist field that will trigger a
manual workflow rule when a certain picklist value is selected.  I have
not previously used the OnChange feature of CRM so I do not know how to
write or make the code work.  Basically, this is what I am attempting:

if Picklist.currentvalue changed to Picklist.1 then
trigger "Name of Manual Workflow

It is pretty basic.  Can someone provide me with the code to accomplish
the above?

Thank you,
Donna

0
edwardsdna
1/13/2006 2:54:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is it possible to use the OnChange event for 'on-form' actions?
Hi, I have the following question. Would it be possible to have a picklist item called 'topic' on the case form with let's say four values, 1. test1. 2.test2. etc. Depending on the value selected in this picklist, we would like the users to fill in certain fields on the case form and leave the other fields blank. I am aware of the OnChange event, but my technical skills are letting me down a bit. What is the main purpose of using the OnChange event. Could we for instance add in some code that will make certain fields on the form business required depending on the chosen v...

Outbox items needs to be manually sent
I have one internal client with Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003, when she creates, replies or forwards a message it stays in the outbox until she hits send recieve. I checked her outlook settings and they look OK, same as ever other client. Any ideas? thanks cr it could be a NAT problem since it's an exchange account - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305572 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart...

CDialog Event Notification Problem
Hello I'm having problems receiving WM_KEYDOWN events in a COleControlModul derived app. The app is an .ocx and is instantiated from a 3rd party program The only window is a modeless CDialog derived class. I need event notificatio of user keystrokes on dynamically created CEdit controls OnCommand is firing from dynamically created CButtons. I am also receiving messages for a dynamically created MSHFlexGrid though an EVENTSINK_MAP I am not receiving OnChar, OnKeyDown, etc. when the focus is set on one o the CEdit controls Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks David ...

Rules in Outlook 2002
I have 4 rules in Outlook 2002, to direct mail intended for each of 4 accounts to one of 4 specific folders (one for each account). The first 3 rules work fine but the fourth rule always reverts to the 3rd rules "intended for account". If I change the order the rule changes. I have tried removing and recreating all rules. any ideas? ...

Post URL workflow: failed to connect the URL
I created my first Web service, got a nice clean compile, data moving into CRM tables, and I can open this web page up manually, enter a Sales Order ID, and send an email, so I'm almost there. I'm trying to move into production, which means attaching this Web service to a postURL workflow rule. But I am getting errors "failed to connect the URL". Here's what I did: 1) Moved these files into the \inetpub\wwwroot\VSC\ISV\CreateEmailActivity folder: a. CreateEmailActivity.asmx b. CreateEmailActivity.asmx.cs c. CreateEmailActivity.asmx.resx 2) Moved these files i...

Using onchange method in a pick list
Hi, I have 2 pick lists, the values of the second pick list depend on the selected value of the first pick list. For example, I have countries in the first one and Cities in the second one. I would like to change the values of the second pick list, depending on the country selected. Is it possible to do it? I really apreciate any help!!!! Thank you all in advance. Dear Katy, The following is not possible. The only way to do it is to use ISV Button to perfom Area Sectorization. This would be feasible with moderate programming skills. If you have advanced area sectorizatiom requ...

Workflow action
Hej I need help. I plan to start my sales flow with sending out direct email to a multiple accounts. By sending out the mail I want the workflow to generate a opportuniti and an activity on all the accounts I mail. Is it possible to do that?? Karl Erik ...

Why don't my rules work?
I'm trying to filter some virus spam out of my IMAP e-mail using the Outlook rules wizard. But the rules don't work consistently. I tell it to move all mail with attachments to a folder, and then delete the message. It won't--unless I use the Run Now feature. Then it works, but only sometimes. I'm totally confused. Help! What version of Outlook are you using? I've heard of some issues with rules & IMAP but they vary from version to version. Of course, make sure that you've installed whatever service packs are available for your version of Office/Outlook "...

event id: 2012
How do i get rid of this event id: 2012? I have a new exchange 2003 server with standard edition. Only one exchange server and it is installed on windows 2003 R2. my inbound and outbound mails are moving fine. Under exchange 2003 smtp virtual server, I have external DNS set to my ISP's DNS. May be i should add my internal DSN address there instead of isp and let the my internal DNS forward that to my ISP. Any suggestion? Event Type: Warning Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2012 Date: 11/20/2006 Time: 1:37:38 PM User: N/A Computer: EXSERVERX Description: SMTP c...

Event ID: 5892
I am receiving the following error in my application event log on my exchange server related to CRM. Is this anything I need to be concerned about &/or how can I fix this problem Event Type: Error Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5892 Date: 12/29/2003 Time: 4:30:26 PM User: N/A Computer: W2K-AS-11 Description: The description for Event ID ( 5892 ) in Source ( CrmExchangeQueueService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to ...

onchange with lookup fields
Hi people, I'm trying to create a script using onchange() which would copy one lookup1 field to another lookup2 field. When I'm writing crmform.lookup2name.value = crmform.lookup1name.value nothing happens. But if I'm adding a string "alert(crmform.lookup2name.value)" then I receive ID for lookup1. So, I think mapping between fields has done. But in the web form lookup2 field does not populate. Is somebody know solution? -- Best regards, Alexander Baskakov Hi, how is your exact syntax? crmForm.CFPsomething.value == "somethingmore" Did you use 2 =? Reg...

How to use Form Filter in VB as an event.
Works correctly: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True When I add the Or statement and use the 'Like' I get a syntax error. Like this: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True what is wrong with statement above? <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192638605.609429.195410@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Works correctly: > Forms![Maste...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Script
Script writing isn't my thing, so is there anyone that could tell me what the script would be for: if there are four boxes on a form and one of them is check the others go gray? Sample: if (crmForm.all.[YOUR FIELD].DataValue =3D=3D "SOMETHINGS") { crmForm.all.[YOURFIELD 1].Disabled =3D true; crmForm.all.[YOURFIELD 2].Disabled =3D true; crmForm.all.[YOURFIELD 3].Disabled =3D true; crmForm.all.[YOURFIELD 4].Disabled =3D true; } Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On 3=D4=C222=C8=D5, =CF=C2=CE=E712=CA=B122=B7=D6, Elisa <E...@di...

Calling OnChange on OnSave is not saving data
Hi, I have zipcode field on screen. I have code written on OnChange which populates the city, state etc. fields (by making callout) as per the entered zipcode. The problem is when I change the zipcode and without tabout if I hit on 'Save' for a form, only new zipcode gets saved but rest information remains old. I am trying to call FireOnChange() for zipcode on OnSave of the form. But its not working either. Calling crmForm.all.zipcode.OnChange() on form OnSave gives me error but works fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Monika. Hi Monica, I think you need to set this for...

DNS event sink
Friends, I have a mx record on my foward and reverse, but test sites says I have none, how can It be? some servers refuses my emails because of that. thanks Try going to a public DNS server and using nslookup to see if you have the records. If you are doing lookups internally to your company, you are not getting the appropriate info. You may want to consult your ISP or whoever is hosting your DNS. Roy "rafausa19@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:790501c4766f$61ddcdb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Friends, I have a mx record on my foward a...

Printing calendars and omiting specific events
I am trying to find the option that allows you to print an Outlook calendar but gives you the option to omit specific events from being printed. I think that it's related to whether it's marked as private or not, when you enter notes. However I cannot find the option to enable this feature. I'm running Outlook 2003. Thanks. I would suggest: "My Outlook Calendar". You can download this from the SlipStick.com site, http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print Customizable Word template for generating Outlook weekly and monthly calendars. Thi...

currency rounding issue / what are "the rules"
Hello. We are using vSync (EDI) w/ GP r8. I am trying to get documented info on the logic GP uses when rounding numbers .. our currency is set to 2 decimal places and we have situations where we are off by a penny (when compared to our trading partners' expected results). If we knew how GP "thought", we could probably resolve our issues. Any info or guidance is greatly appreciated. Maria. Are you talking about a multicurrency issue or a taxes rounding differently issue? An example of what you mean perhaps? Jen "Maria" wrote: > Hello. > We are using vSyn...

Dirty Event
Hello Everyone, I am scratching my head over this one and am hoping you may be able to assist. I have a form where when I page from one form to the next I would like a text boxes value to appropriately updated. What is odd is that when I go from one record to the next the record does not update, it keeps the previously updated value from the previous record. The only time the text boxes value appropriately updates is when a text character is entered into other fields....hoping you may be able to help. Thank you! Below you will find my code. Thanks again. Private Sub Form_Dirty(Cancel As Inte...

Event ID 182
Hello, I get the following error message every night except the nights we do backups. I know it could be harmless but I still would like to know what its all about. The description for Event ID ( 182 ) in Source ( MSExchangeDSImp ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond. ...

Unable to retrieve the complete description string of the event log record
Hi All, I have an MFC application that reads and displays event log records using the ::ReadEventLog() API. The problem is with reading the "Description" message string of the event log record. The MFC application is unable to read the complete "Description" message string and displays only some part of it. However the Windows System Event Log Viewer reads and displays the complete "Description" message string correctly. I have ensured that my MFC application reads the entire "Description" message string by retrieving all the strings as prov...

Event ID: 1088
Hi all I need to run an aspx application in my CRM Server but each time I try I receive the same error : vent Type: Error Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: None Event ID: 1088 Date: 7/3/2006 Time: 3:38:56 AM User: N/A Computer: MYCRMSERVER Description: Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. I have tried everything editing permissions on parent folder, change asp.net version in IIS, run the app as a diff...

onChange newline
Hi all, Question: how to add newline character (<br>or \n) in a onchange event (javascript) ? Details : I am writing a simple javascript onchange of 15 check-box, which appends a memo field with different text value depending on which check-box is checked. After each text value is added, how do i add a newline character so that the next text that will be added is on a new line? Thanks, I'm doing it to log messages in a multiline text field. See http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=ClientSideScripting2. -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm ---------------------...

Outlook Express Mail Rules Question...
In outlook express mail rules the option to filter mail via the header is <b>not</b> an option. Does anyone know of anyway ot trick outlook express to filter on the header of incoming emial? Do any of the other given options filter on the header without saying so? thanx Jonas Ray ...

How to store masked card number with custom masking rules in RMS DB?
Hi, I have a hook-in that does debit card transaction. I want to store the masked debit card number to the RMS database. It seems like the masked numbers are stored in the "TransactionEntry" table's "CreditCardNumber" column. So I have used the Tender object (Session.Transaction.Tenders) associated with my Session to store the masked Debit card number. I set it like this... objTender.AccountNumber = maskedDebitCardNumber But in the database it's only showing the last 4 digits (like this: XXXXXXXXXXXX4787). But I want to set my own masking rules (say mask only th...