Offline reports

Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to
create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there
a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and
use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports
worked this way...

0
Nahi
1/11/2006 10:59:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Agreed, that would be nice.  Great suggestion for next version.

Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for
offline/MSDE support??

I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a
"creative" work-around.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Nahi" wrote:

> Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to
> create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there
> a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and
> use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports
> worked this way...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

Custom Report in Project 2007
I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific timeframe. How do I do that with user input? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Feed Parsers Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx Are you looking for predicted work in a graph, list of assignments, or what? What kind of user input are you expecting? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific > timefram...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Profit Calculation Offset by one Record in Report Writer
Hello, I have been trying to customise the BM Bill of Materials Report so that we can compare our list price to the assembly cost and keep an eye on our bottom line, as prices inevitably seem to rise. I have almost achieved this, except the end profit calculation is offset by one record- the first record calculates $0.00 and the second calculates the profit of the first record. I have modified the BM Bill of Materials report so that I have an extended cost field in the H3/Comp section, which just multiplies the design qty * current cost. In the Status Ord footer, i have this extended...

Reports based on variables
I have a form with 3 drop down boxes called employee, supervisor and month, that pulls up a report. All 3 fields must be populated for that report. What my manager would like is to be able to select any or all of them and pull the report. For example if she chose a particular supervisor then she would like to see all the records no matter how many employees or dates there are, or chose supervisor and month and see those records or employee and month and see those records. Is there a way to do this. Thanks I generally try to NOT place criteria in the Record Source of a report. It is...

How can I run a GP sales report by State
I need to run a sales report in Great Plains showing all of our sales by state, one state in particular. Is there an existing report, or do I have to create one in Smartlist? If Smartlist is the right option, where should I start? Thank you, Adam You might be able to modify the sales report in Report Writer to sort by state and then add state header and footer sections to the report. You didn't mention which report you were trying to run or what type of information you need. If you're not a Report Writer person, I would go with SmartList or some external report writer. -- C...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

Report Library
Well a post from the other side. I asked a few times for help no answer? I have been thru every post back for almost two years, why has no one mentioned the Report library. Another note the back-up manual in the user guide sucks. it does not mention the importance of the custom labels being saved at all. or templates or how to back up the whole system, it is in the partner guide but what about the customers? Can someone please tell me how to take a report from the report Library and install it so i can run a sales report with the sales tax? note the default sales report does not include ...

problem creating report
I have 15 working forms from 2 diferant colums from one table what I want is to run each query on its own line of a report with 4 calculations at the end I can select 1 query and produce the first line but how do I move to second line and query? thanks Duane Hookom wrote: > This is a really unusual question. What do your forms and columns have to do > with your queries and report? > > A report can have only one record source. This record source could be a > union query. You can also use subreports to display additional queries. > thank you ...

Commission reports blank
I run a report and nothing comes up in commissions, sales rep is defined with 15% and still nothing Please help Paul, Have you checked the date sold on the filter? Good luck, Matt "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:715A32E1-DE7A-4098-9CDD-574C27CB3001@microsoft.com... > I run a report and nothing comes up in commissions, sales rep is defined with > 15% > and still nothing > > Please help Yes I have "Paul" wrote: > I run a report and nothing comes up in commissions, sales rep is defined with > 15% > and st...

Exporting Daily Z-reports from MRS to Quickbooks
Hello all, Basicly im trying to figure out how to export the daily Z-reports from Microsoft Retail Systems 1.2 to Quickbooks (I believe 2005) in 3 steps or fewer. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without exporting the data to a file, but rather do it directly from MRS after posting the z-report. If anyone can help please let me know if you are using the US version of Quickbooks, the ability to post directly from RMS to QB is built in - you just need to set it up and assign your accounts. Ask your RMS reseller and Accountant/Bookkeeper for help - usually takes about 2 hours t...

NK2 Autocomplete File: Online vs. Offline?
I am experiencing an odd problem with the NK2 file and the retention of addresses within. Before I get to the actual problem, I will share what I know. This file's function is to retain addresses for auto-completing purposes when sending a new email message. FACTS: - addresses are stored once an email has been sent to a user, as opposed to pulling directly from the address book. - the file can retain up to 1000 addresses PROBLEM: From time to time, the size of the NK2 file reverts back to zero and loses all the data within it. From what I can tell, in regards to the 100+ users in my...

Offline reports
Reports are only available when users are online. Is there anyway to create a custom report to use the offline store. Better yet - is there a way to have the report go to the offline store when disconnected and use the server database when connected. Would be nice if all reports worked this way... Agreed, that would be nice. Great suggestion for next version. Since v3.0's reporting engine is SRS, maybe a SRS limitation for offline/MSDE support?? I guess we can leverage the dynamic excel and word merge/link as a "creative" work-around. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....

Report Writer #18
Is there a way to "Export" a report definition? Thanks, S Sherry, I'm not sure if this is exactly want you want, but in GP, navigate to the menu MICROSOFT DYNAMICS GP > TOOLS > CUSTOMIZE > CUSTOMIZATION MAINTENANCE. You can then select the reports you want and export them to a package that can be imported. We use this to save customizations while we update and then import them after the upgrade. "Sherry" wrote: > Is there a way to "Export" a report definition? > > Thanks, > S Sherry, Bob is correct. A package file will save t...

order deposit reporting
I don't see a way to reseach deposit that may have been posted to a work order. There should be a report that will let see deposit applied to work orders and how gets credit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssoluti...

Report filter error #2
I get the following error when running a prefilter report in CRM 3.0 but in VS in runs fine Reporting Services Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- a.. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help a.. Cannot set the command text for data set 'Kunde'. (rsErrorSettingCommandText) Get Online Help a.. Error during processing of the CommandText expression of dataset 'Kunde'. (rsQueryCommandTextProcessingError) Get Online Help Here is the sql statement SELECT accountnumber F...

Crystal Reports: Information is needed before this report can be processed
When selecting any of the crystal reports, I always get this message: CrystalReportViewer: Information is needed before this report can be processed Has anyone seen this message or know how to fix it? Hi, This will happen if your AD server are 2000 Servers and your CRM Server is 2003 Server. There is a patch available, You have to contact CS by creating an incident(Free of charge). -Qureshi "ewoiruweo@wpeirwpe.com" wrote: > When selecting any of the crystal reports, I always get this message: > > CrystalReportViewer: Information is needed before this report can be &g...

Exchange 2003 Offline Adressbuch
hallo, ich habe probleme mit dem offlineadressbuch. wir haben mehrere adresslisten im einsatz. user haben halt nur auf eine bestimmte adressliste rechte. das funktioniert auch alles. wenn ich jetzt eine offlineadressliste erstelle und dort die adressliste des benutzer hinterlege funktioniert das nicht. es wird immer die globale (also die komplette) adressliste angezeigt. der benutzer bekommt somit viel mehr zu sehen als er eigentlich darf!!! gibt es da m�glichkeiten das einzuschr�nken? umgebung: exchange 2003 - outlook2000/xp/03 irgendwelche ideen? danke michael ...

Make a Report Preview with New Records???????
I don't even know if this is possible but ok here it goes I am making a database and I would like to make a report that shows the data I have on a form for new records that i would type in but NOT save the records into my table so I can print the data out if need be but maybe I would like to change it before i finalize it. I have a Report button code to open a report as shown: Private Sub Add_Component_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Add_Component_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Add Components List Form" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocNam...

Offline setting in Outlook 2002
Running a laptop with Windows XP SP1 & Outlook 2002. Outlook is configured as a MAPI client (for use w/ Exchange 2000 server). User also has an .ost file configured locally on the laptop. The laptop is often connected to the corporate network via VPN using a Cisco VPN client. From time to time, while connected via VPN, Outlook goes into Offline mode. Restarting Outlook does not result in the program coming out of Offline status. I've found that the only way to resolve this issue is for the user to log off/on again and restart Outlook. At present, I've configured Outloo...

Need help inserting comment box into Access invoice report
Hi, I haven't used Access much, but I needed to get my invoices databased and printable instead of handwriting them like I have been. I downloaded the billing and time template that appears on the Access opening page and have figured out everything but this one problem. I have need for a box in which I can detail the work done and provide customers with special instructions. These instructions aren't of much use to me, so I don't need them to be sortable or anything of that nature. I just want to be able to either include the "notes" field that is in the "pr...