Odd Characters showing up in e-mails sent to contacts

When we send out e-mail from CRM sometimes our customers complain that odd
characters show up in the e-mails.

The characters usually look like this “, this ”  or this â€

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sometimes this occurs if you compose the email in another application and
paste it into a CRM email template or email form. Try re-typing the email
directly in the CRM template or form.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Steve Bambauer" wrote:

> When we send out e-mail from CRM sometimes our customers complain that odd
> characters show up in the e-mails.
>
> The characters usually look like this “, this ”  or this â€
>
> Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Received emails not showing in preview pane
A user sorts emails receieved in the preview pane by descending order. When there are enough emails in the preview pane that scrolling down is needed to look at emails; the inbox shows new emails, but the preview pane does not. In order to see these emails, the user has to click somewhere else on the folder list and then go back into inbox to view the email in the preview pane. Christina wrote: > A user sorts emails receieved in the preview pane by > descending order. I think you are a little confused here. The preview pane does NOT contain a list of received emails. The preview ...

Image is not showing in 16 million colors
Hi all, I am trying to load a bitmap using LoadImage ,please create a bitmap with 32*32 and save it it 256 colors. I have attach the code with this. My Display pallette setting is in 16 million colors. This is working fine in 256 color setting. 32*32 is the image width and image height. OnDrawFunction() { typedef unsigned short UINT16; UINT16 *MyDisplayBuffer = (UINT16*)GlobalAlloc (GPTR,32*32*2); m_hBitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(NULL,"C:\\Bitmap1.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0,LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_CREATEDIBSECTION | LR_DEFAULTSIZE); CBitmap bmp; bmp.Attach(m_hBitmap); BYTE* D...

HELP: Default Mail Handler
I have googled making outlook (2000) my default mail handler and almost everything tells me to open I.E. and use internet options to change my default programs. The only problem is, when I do this, outlook does not appear in the list of availble programmes to make default. How can I make outlook default rather than Windows Mail (Vista) as t present? I've even tried re-installing but to no avail. Incidentally I'm using a user, rather than administrator account but also have an admin account. The administrator account already seems to have outlook as its default. TIA. -- Posted via News...

Outlook E-mail #8
I have set up microsoft outlook to retrive my e-mail from my online provider (it is optima online, a cable modem) I have an e-mail account for my wife and myself and when I open up outlook it has all of our e-mail together in one folder How do I create a folder in outlook for just my e- mail and one for my wife... any help would be great..Joe Typically right click on Inbox or Sent, 'new folder' menu option. You would then need to create rules to move mail to appropriate folder as it is received "Joe Cascio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

enhance a function of single character to a combination
some time ago, I was kindly provided with a primitive codes followed with my modifications as follows. The function is capable of coloring a text pattern input by users. I would like to enhance it to a more robust way in: 1) instead of adding escape character for ], ', etc. is there any way to let the program know I'm specifying symbols for the checklist? 2) instead of requiring users to input the patterns one by one, can I do anything to let them input the patterns only once? e.g. something like: [boy|girl] so the program colors either boy or girl, rather than l...

Find all messages in IS sent to person
Is there a way I can extract all the messages from all the users sent to a single person? Duplicates are OK if I have no choice. I had a crash where one of my stores could not be recovered because it was a test setup and it was not included in the backup stategy. The person was the only one in the store and they only recieved email from other users an none outside. I figure that if I can just export all the users sent mail that was sent to this person and to the "All" group that would completely restore this persons mail. I know I can just link up to everyone's one by ...

How to get notice when CDialog is showed?
Hi, I need to do something as soon as the dialog is showed. I added the codes in OnInitDialog(), then I found the dialog hasn't been showed by then. I have to add m_nTimerID = SetTimer(1, 25, 0); in the OnInitDialog() and add my codes in OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent), but I found that the dialog is showed faster or slower sometimes. Anyone can tell me the right way to do it? Thank you a lot Either use PostMessage at the end of OnInitDialog and create a handler for the message or call the base class implementation of OnInitDialog and then do your stuff. This last thing may or may not work...

xsd.exe bug or odd xsd file
I was given a couple of XSD files so that I could generate a client that targeted a SOAP/RPC web service. One of the XSDs includes a definition of an element that is a sequence of row elements, which in turn is defined as a sequence of column elements. The CS class file generated defines the sequence of row elements "rows as column() ()" rather than "row() As row". This seems to give trouble to XmlSerializer. With XmlSerializerPreCompiler I was able to narrow the problem down and guess at the problem. I made the change that I indicated above because this seems...

Odd date format
In Column A I need to format a date, without dashes or slashes, in this way: yymmdd In Column B I need Excel to recognize it as a date, in that order and convert it to a regular date such as: mm/dd/yy Is there any way of doing this? It's driving me crazy. Surely there has to be a way. TIA! Cindy Cindy Hi Cindy, Can be done, but a lot simpler is to do it the other way around: Enter the date in Column A as mm/dd/yy In column B: =A1, Format>Cells>Custom, in the Type box, enter yymmdd If you really need it otherwise: post again! -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP -...

Finding deleted contacts
My palm pilot sync process appears to have deleted all my mailing groups from "contacts" Where can I find them? Deleted Items folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, singapore tom asked: | My palm pilot sync process appears to have deleted all my mailing | groups from "contacts" | Where can I find them? I have just remembered I made a back up!!! Wond...

Lookup (Picklist) that only shows related Contacts to Account
Hi, (CRM 4) I'm working on the Order screens and I would like to have a field that has an available drop down of only the Contacts that are related to the Account specified in the Customer field. (assuming that I would create the Order from the Account area). Any ideas? Is there an existing relationship I could use/edit to allow this. Again to clarify, when creating a new Order from withn an Account, I would like a field where I have a picklist of only the associated Contacts within that account. please help! TIA you need something called a filtered lookup, which CRM does not h...

Auto Archive All Mails in Exchange 2003
Situation: Single Win2003 DC with Exchange 2003 SP2. Proliant Architecture. The clients has lost mails from employees when they leave firm and delete entire mailbox. Client wants following: Every mail that arrives or is sent trough the exchange server needs to be backed up somewhere so there is a place somewhere where all mail sent and received in the firm remains. Is there a possibility for that? Please suggest. Frank On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:43:01 -0800, x3sys <x3sys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Situation: >Single Win2003 DC with Exchange 2003 SP2. Proliant Archit...

print icon clicked when open received e-mail
After installing SP2, whenever I open a received e-mail, outlook begins to print when the mouse arrow glances over the print icon on the menu bar. Very annoying! PLEASE HELP ASAP. Thank you, Michael ...

Multiple conditions on combo box to show different forms
I have a form with a tab subform. I have the below code in the "on current" of main form, "after update" of combobox on main form, & "on click" of the tab where the subform resides. I'm fairly new to coding. I got the working code from reading the discussion groups. How would I add an "is null" argument to this code? Is the "on click" code necessary or am I doing too much? I want the subform to be blank if the combo box is empty/null (the combo box does have a default value). Select Case Me.Type Case "...

Need to create the character that means "with".C with a line over
Can anyone help me? I need to create the character that means "with". It is displayed as a c with a line over it. I have looked in symbols and windings and can not find the character. ...

Show additonal fields in Global Address List
Hi, When I use the Global Address List in Outlook 2002, I get all the predefined fields (Name, Business Phone etc.). Is it possible to modify this view, like adding the 'Notes' field, which now only shows up as you 1st go to the properties of the Distribution List? Thanks in advance, Chiel Varkevisser Netherlands. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272198 "Chiel Varkevisser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1299f01c4431f$020ba020$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > When I use the Global Address List in Outlook 2002, I get > all...

trim a string by specific number of characters
I am working with a large volume of data and have numerous occasions where I need to trim either from the left or the right specific number of characters of a string of characters. I imagine this could be done in VB but I am not a VB expert. See the Left, Right, Mid, and Trim functions. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "windyoldman" <windyoldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26B0D22C-FE5D-4762-8493-C44B19663E0D@microsoft.com... >I am working with a large volume of data and have n...

characters not printing
When I print up a spreadsheet that has a lot of text in the cell, The end character of each line in a cell of text is clipped off. This even happens in cells with less than 80 chracters. Adventus wrote: > When I print up a spreadsheet that has a lot of text in the cell, The end > character of each line in a cell of text is clipped off. This even happens in > cells with less than 80 chracters. And your question is? ...

How to receive all incoming Mails in CRM
Hello, i hope you can help me with my problem: In CRM i can send Emails without problems to anyone else i like. But i want to route all incoming mails into CRM and i don't know how to do this. My mail queue also doesn't receive mails. Do you have any suggestions for a solution? Thanks. You can configure such option via Tools|Options. Needs additional modification for user object in Active Directory. Procedure is detailed in some of whitepapers. Renatas "Stefan Ossowski" wrote: > Hello, > i hope you can help me with my problem: > In CRM i can send Emails wit...

missing e-mails
I have a user who insists he's lost all his e-mail....I think he deleted them.....I am still new to exchange server 2003 and am not quite sure how to retrive them for him. He is running outlook 2003. How do I re-populate his inbox and personal folders from the excg server end? Thanks, George if you have DIR configured, you should be able to assist him recovering the email via Outlook's "recovered deleted items"... "George" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2c601c44e25$bd5be810$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user who insis...

How can I make fill and line colour show in document
Office Small Business 2003 - Publisher and Word When using text box fill or line colour, nothing appears on screen, though it does print. Can I alter a setting to make these appear in my document on screen? Thank you for your response. The contrast option was selected. However, I now know that the print preview shows the colours, though, as you say the colour is not shown in the original document. I think I can live with this change to my previous version of the programme. "MS" wrote: > Office Small Business 2003 - Publisher and Word > > When using text box f...

Intelligent Message Filter behaves very odd
I have the IMF that comes with Exchange 2003 sp2 installed and working very well, (I never had IMF v1 installed ) the only issue I have is when I set up my custom thresholds and actions under "Gateway blocking configuration" they are changed by it self to defaults the next day and I have to be change them back to my desire settings everyday. Does someone know how to fix this? or is there any registry key or setting in AD where to set this up? I've read the IMF guide but I found nothing about this. I have 2 exchange back-end servers and 1 front-end server, I also have tried ...

How set "Home" as default mailing address PRIOR to creating a cont
I realize that once I start a new contact, it's very simple to check the box for mailing address next to the home address. I am importing records from Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and it is hard-coded to synch the address1 fields into whatever is marked as the mailing address. So it's putting my client's home address into the business record. That's not possible without writing code to create the item and then copy data into the individual fields. And to do that, you'd have to know exactly how MS CRM stores its data. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...

Odd Issue
Exchange 2003 on native 2003 AD. I am really baffled. I have a distribution group called school admin. It has 2 users in it, Jodi and Mark. When someone (anyone) makes a calander event and adds School Admin to the attendies, Jodi gets the request, Mark does not. Here's the wierd part. Beth and Robyn, are not on the DL, are not connected to that school. Beth get the invitation and whoever sent the invite gets a NDR about Robyn. I have deleted the DL and recreated it. I have looked at Jodi and Marks deligation and it's clean. Where else can I look? Thanks, Fred That ...

Entering Text
When I type text into a cell, and hit enter, I am finding extra leading characters: ^ " ' I don't see these when I enter numbers or formulae. Anyone know why it is doing this, and how to fix it? Thanks, Trey ~ That indicates that text is what follows instead of a number. A formula is prepended with = one third wrote: > When I type text into a cell, and hit enter, I am finding extra > leading characters: > > ^ > " > ' > > I don't see these when I enter numbers or formulae. > > Anyone know why it is doing this, and how...