Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06

I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number
in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click
off it goes blank.  Fields which are text seem to work fine.

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?

Here are some additional infos:

System/Environment
Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005

Does this happen with every number field?
Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail

Does it matter what user you are logged in as?
No, it doesn't matter!

Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well?
Yes, it happens on custom and system fields.

Does it blank out when you save the record, or as soon as you move off
the field?
It happens as soon as the onChange event is fired

Please help as soon as possible,
Thanks

0
Martin
9/25/2006 8:28:33 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Count number of days from the last entry?
I need a formula to count the number of days from TODAY() to the last entry in column "J". Column "A" is date column. This will grab the date in col A corresponding to the last entry in col J =LOOKUP(2,1/(J2:J100<>""),A2:A100) Hence you could use this: =TODAY()-LOOKUP(2,1/(J2:J100<>""),A2:A100) Adapt the ranges to suit -- Max Singapore --- "MD" wrote: > I need a formula to count the number of days from TODAY() to the last entry > in column "J". Column "A" is date column Many thanks ...

Convert Numeric field to Date
Hello, I've seen similar questions to this but need some help/clarification. I have Access 2003 with linked tables to a DB2 database. The fields I am querying are numeric in this format 20070810 (yyyymmdd) What I am trying to do is display customer request date and actual ship date in mm/dd/yyyy format on one query. On another query I am trying to summarize item shipments by month. I know next to nothing about this. Any help with baby steps would be greatly appreciated. Probably easiest to convert the numeric value to a string, then convert to a date format for display. You say yo...

URL into a view in CRM 3.0
I'd like to be able to set up a link from our intranet to the Account manager screen, passing in a view paramenter. Is there any way to do this? Any documentation anywhere? Being able to pass in query parameters to the Advanced Find screen would work for me to. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_BF73CA4F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to set up a link from our intranet to the Account manager > screen, passing in a view paramenter. Is there any way to do this? Any > documentatio...

How to determine maximum size of field contents
How do I query the maximum size of the contents of a given text field? Also, any suggestions on how to write a query to return the maximum size of the contents of each text field in my database? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, Pat Len(fieldName) will give you the size of the contents of the field. For any one table you can do the following query. SELECT Max(Len(FieldA)) as ASize , Max(Len(FieldB)) as BSize , Max(Len(FieldC)) as CSize , Max(Len(FieldD)) as DSize FROM YourTable If you want to get the max len of each field of each table, then I would write a VBA procedure to step thro...

Cannot Create Quick Campaign 07-27-06
When I've selected some contacts and clicked on "Create Quick Campaign", the page that pops up (http://crm/MA/MiniCampaign/iframes/emailForm.aspx) shows 2 script errors: An error has ocurred in the script on this page: 'null' is null or not an object And after that: An error has ocurred in the script on this page: Object doesn't support this property or method If I click 'Yes' or 'No' on the "do you still want to use scripts on this page"-poup, I countinue to create the campaign, but no emails are created. If I open the Quick Campaign ...

Make active contract/contractdetails fields read/write
By default MS CRM makes invoice/Active Contract and it's Contract Lines read-only. Is there a way to make some of Contract Lines/contractdetail fields read-write again ? ...

Count Unique Values In A Filtered Row with Duplicates
Hello, I've tried to copy and paste below the resource spreadsheet I am working on. What I want to be able to do is list out each project and who the project manager is on that project (now some PMs can work on more than one so there are duplicates). Then I want to be able to subtotal the hours (in case I want to review just one project, one city, or one PM) but also remove the duplicates again. Can you help me out please? THANKS, Joe Jan-2006 Feb-2006 Total Hours: 411.00 411.00 Total Resources Total FTE: Total Unallocated: 0.00 0.00 Resource Name Role Regi...

Upgrading 1.2 to 3.0
We Planning to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 3.0 for our clients. We are trying to create a developer environment and perform the update. My question is if we go this route how can we install 1.2 on this dev servers (Key is unique as per domain). Can we have DEV or temp key for that particular domain? If YES... HOW? On the other hand if we install a fresh copy of 3.0 what is the process of data integration from old to new DB and what kinid of information we may loose throught this route. Thanks. As long as you have a different parent OU and a seperate CRM & SQL server, you can install a s...

CountIF function #3
I wonder how possible it is to count the number of cells with a date depending on the result of another cell in the same row without using a Pivot Table. Ie, If I wanted to count the number of times Bread was delivered on 01/03/07, how would I be able to do this? Thanks! RM to count =sumproduct((a2:a22=b1)*(b2:b22="bread")) to sum col c based on the criteria =sumproduct((a2:a22=b1)*(b2:b22="bread")*c2:c22) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "RussianMonkey" <RussianMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2881B...

Table Lookup 12-20-09
I need help with a lookp I need to do. This lookup needs to lookup a table that may contain the same data more than once and then add the values together. E.g. The table might look like this: Table Game Hours PK01 Holdem 8 PK02 Omaha 3 PK03 Draw 11 PK04 Holdem 2 So the formula I need would have to lookup the value which might be holdem and return the value 10 (8 + 2). Is there anyway t do this? Assuming Holden is in Col B and hours in Col C Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100="Holdem"),(C1:C100)) Change 100 to your last data row number. ...

Changing the default value of the revenue field
Hey all. Interesting question... Is there a way to change the default value on the revenue field on the opportunity form from system calculated to user provided. We don't use quotes here, so it is an extra mouse click everytime someone creates an opportunity. TIA, Dave Hi, this field not is mandatory , then you can let it blank and save record if you dont use quotas in this level best regards! "Dave J" wrote: > Hey all. > > Interesting question... > > Is there a way to change the default value on the revenue field on the > opportunity form from syste...

SUMPRODUCT using Time between two values
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I have a sheet with the following layout of data (shortened here and changed for obvious reasons) Venue Date Event Start Event End Act Disney 4/13/10 7:00 PM 10:00 PM Goofy MSG 2/13/10 1:00 PM 3:00 PM Basketball Park 3/14/10 6:00 PM 8:00 PM Harlem Globetrotters So, what I have is a user input a Venue, Date, Time Value, and I would need the Act returned... For example, Disney, 4/13/10, 8:25:13 PM, would ou...

Intercept query parameter values from data refresh
Hi, Is there a way to determine the value a user specifies for a query parameter when using the "Refresh Data" command? I have a External data query to an SQL server database that contains a single parameter. I'd like to determine what the user entered for that parameter from within Excel vba code or other means. I'm running Excel XP on Windows XP. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Jim ...

Change Value on Combo Box upon event
Is there a way that I can change the value on a Combo Box to the last record in its record source? I have a combo box that displays Fiscal Years, from 2000 to Current fiscal year 2007. Users can select any year they wish to pull data from based on the year selected. However, I want the combo Box to change its value to the current Fiscal year (which is the last record presented to them when they select the drop down) based on a specific event. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks! heyy try: Me.CourseID = Me.CourseID.ItemData(Me.CourseID.ListCount - 1) cheers jeff "Angel_G" ...

Filter Records not Begginning with Numberic Characters
My table has a Street address field. I would like to filter out records that do not begin with a numeric Character. Also if possible I would like to filter records that do not have a space between the numeric characters and the alpha - Example: 123Street I would try WHERE StreetAddress Not Like "[0-9]*" or StreetAddress Not Like "*[0-9] *" John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Jeff wrote: > My table has a Street address field. > I would like to filter out records that do n...

Moving CRM 3.0 to new domain
Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar questions the answer is that Redeployment Tool but for which version? On the www, where I can downlad Redeployment Tool, there is only RT for MS cRM 1.0 or 1.2 Thanks in advance Lidia You'll find the redeployment tool on the 'server setup' cd for crm 3.0 cheers Rich "Lidia" wrote: > Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM > 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar que...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

Email Template Question 03-16-06
I am trying to modify the Case Closed Acknowledgement template and would like to know if it is possible to obtain the data from the Resolved Activity which is created when you Resolve a Case and use it in the Acknowledgement. It would be nice to include what the Resolution of the Case was when this template goes out to a customer but I can't seem to figure out how to pull the fields in. ...

incrementing numbers
Can anyone give me a tip on setting up a macro that will increment numeric cell each time it is run. i.e. an invoicing sheet that wil print a new number each time. probably easy heh!, I must be missing something. Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Public Sub AddIntoA1() Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 End Sub -- (When sending e-mail, use address ar...

Report will not open 12-16-07
I have a report that I have not been able to open. The message that appeares when I click on the report is "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I have done this - closed all programs, opened the dbs on a computer with more memory and higher operating system, what is going on? the OP is XP @ work but I have Vista @ home and it still didn't work. In the report I had several calculated text boxes and possibly this was too much. I went to the help site and noticed the "hotfix" download but...

Migrate CRM 4.0 instance to another server on a different domain
Hello, What would be the best way to migrate our current CRM database to another server on a different domain but still within the same forest? We initially had intended on implementing our CRM at our off-site datacenter but due to some DNS/Network issues we weren't able to add users across different domains. Our deadline was fast approaching so we setup a server locally. Now that we have the issue resolved at our datacenter, we are ready to move the local database to the datacenter. What is involved with this process and what would be the best way to do this? Thank you very much...

Cell referencing 12-14-09
I have a sales\stock level related problem. Each row on the worksheet represents a sales day. Column A contains the previous days sales figure, a list of numbers in the range 1 to 20. Column B is the daily stock level which starts at 100 (cell B1) and decreases each day by the previous days sales figure ( the adjacent A cell). Column C is a list of the number of days it takes to deliver the items when they are re-ordered and will be in the range 1 to 4 (days). If the stock level (column B) goes below 11 then a re-order (which is 100 items) is placed and arrives in x number of d...

Remove blank entries from a list box either using VBA or basic formula #3
Thanks Debra Havent thought about using dynamic ranges before.....I am a bit of Excel learner. I shall look into this as you suggest. Thanks again Celtic_avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27183 ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Telephone number format
Greetings: I would like to convert a column of telephone numbers that are currently in the format of: ########## to the format of: ###-###-####. I have added a column next to the existing phone number column with the new format listed above, but when I move the old number to the new number, the format does not change. It will only change to the new format if I manually enter in each number. Does anyone know how I could convert the existing numbers to the above telephone format? Thanks in advance for your help! What do you mean by "move the old number"? Copy the column of ...