Notes field when upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0

Does the new date/time/user stamp in v3.0, effect existing contact notes when
upgrading?
--
dkeel
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Migration dilemma
We wanted to gradually migrate users from our current Exchange server to a new server in a new AD Tree in a new Exchange Org. We want to keep the same domain name (we have an mx record ) but I can't figure out a way that mail can get delivered if users are split over servers. There doesn't seem any way the servers will know about one another and the users since there are different Trees and Orgs. I'd appreciate any help thinking this one through. I wondering, do you really need to build new AD tree ECT ECT. Also what are the versions of exchange involved. Can the existing infra...

adding new fields with linked vaules
I am working with an access 2003 database that contains comments that are updated on a regular basis in a form method. I am looking for a way to add a new field to the record once a new comment is added that will be linked to the project ID number and also include a time stamp. In other words, everytime someone makes a new comment, another row should appear in the table. This row would contain to project ID number, the comment, and the date the comment was made. What is the best way to go about this? I'm a new user and not extremely well versed in code writing. =[ Thanks! Hi Mara ...

Mail Merge into a certificate that prints 3 per page
I am trying to do a mail merge in a certificate that prints 3 per page. I need it to print 3 different names per page, but it is pulling the same name onto all 3 certificates. -- Katrina What version Publisher? If 2007 select multiple pages per sheet in the print dialogue. Earlier versions showed all the same information in print preview, this is a Publisher bug. Print a test if you are uncertain. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Katrina" <Katrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C301E085-24B8-4CC5-8E24-59A194E82E20@microsoft.com.....

how to generate a tracefile for one user (log field changes)
How can I get a logfile or report on all things that a specific user has done in MS CRM ? Is this possible ? and if so, How ? Regards Wim There was a recent article posted on MSDN that outlines how to add Auditing to CRM. That should give you a good starting point. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 13 Jan 2005 08:03:27 -0800, wim.geukens@traviata.be (Wim) wrote: How can I get a logfile or report on all things that a specific user has done in MS CRM ? Is this possible ? and if so, How ? Regards Wim ...

Add Fields to Outlook SFO MailMerge
Hi all, how can I add custom fields that I added to Microsoft CRM Contacts to the Mail so that I have them in a serial mail using the Sales for Outlook Client functionality? Are they available by default or is there additional work to be done? Greetings, Martin ...

Using CC & BCC Fields when sending an email
Please tell me I'm missing something simple. How can a user simply type an email address they want to cc or bcc a crm email to, without creating a new contact record? Hello, I use the CRM for Outlook client, and then I use 'Track in CRM'. If needed I manually set the regarding. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "Ryan Tabor" wrote: > Please tell me I'm missing something simple. How can a user simply type an > email address they want to cc or bcc a crm email to, without creating a new > contact record? From the web form there is no way to send to an e...

Spellcheck Memo/Text fields
Is it possible to invoke a Word-style spellchecker for a specific memo or text field? You won't get the red squiggly underlines, but just hit F7 when your cursor's in the text box. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE27B28E-FC6C-4318-8C7E-275EAF77A6D1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to invoke a Word-style spellchecker for a specific memo or > text field? Thanks, Douglas. "Douglas J. Steele" wrote: > You won't get the red squ...

Opening Multiple Files #2
How can I create a shorcut on my desk top that will open several spreadsheets located in various directories Thanks!!!! ...

ports for crm 3.0 over internet
Hello, Can someone provide me a list of the ports that need to be opened on a firewall to allow CRM 3.0 to work over the internet? Is this possible? Pluses and Minuses would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jake I always prefer to use vpn rather than expose crm to the internet etc. Reason is that if you get security wrong you could be exposing your companies entire client base and sales pipeline to the internet ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Jake" <noreply@nowhere.com> wrote in message ne...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Speech recognition #2
How do i use it ? I have istall it but idont know how to use You'll find information in Excel's Help, and on the Microsoft site. For example: XL2002: About Speech Recognition in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288979 How To Use Speech Recognition in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306901 Speech regonize wrote: > How do i use it ? I have istall it but idont know how to use > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Merkw=FCrdigkeit?= bei VC 2005
Hallo! Eine Seltsamkeit bei VC 2005 (deutsche Version). W�hle ich "Projektmappe neu erstellen", wird alles sch�n neu gemacht. Dr�cke ich dann "F5" (Debuggen starten), wird alles NOCHMAL neu gemacht. Warum? Freundliche Gr��e, Christoph Hi Christoph, > Eine Seltsamkeit bei VC 2005 (deutsche Version). W�hle ich > "Projektmappe neu erstellen", wird alles sch�n neu gemacht. Dr�cke > ich dann "F5" (Debuggen starten), wird alles NOCHMAL neu gemacht. > Warum? This is an english group. Looks like a failure in your dependency settings. What happ...

rules for 2 accounts
We're running Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2003 server. I need to check both my email and webmaster's. Ideally, I would make 2 server-side rules (so it filters even before I open outlook): 1. filter all emails from senders who are not on my contact list and move it to the junk mail folder 2. filter all emails that are BCC to me (since a lot of junk mail is sent that way) and move it to the junk mail folder. Then I want these rules to apply to both mine and webmaster's and go to their respective junk mail folder. However, this is what happens: The rule insists on being &qu...

Tracking changes to a form's fields---still searching for an answe
I have a table and module set up to track all changes made to a record on my form. I am using the following code for the module: Option Compare Database Function LogChanges(lngID As Long, Optional strField As String = "") Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim varOld As Variant Dim varNew As Variant Dim strFormName As String Dim strControlName As String varOld = Screen.ActiveControl.OldValue varNew = Screen.ActiveControl.Value strFormName = Screen.ActiveForm.Name strControlName = Screen.ActiveControl.Name ...

Using SEQ fields
I posted another question on this topic last week but can't seem to find the thread now... I need to insert a numbered list of procedural steps into a document but I've already created one multilevel numbered list for my headings. I was told to use the SEQ field as an autotext entry. I thought I could figure that out on my own but after a few days of playing with it I'm drawing a blank. Can someone please explain it or point me to another thread that already explains the steps involved? Thanks so very much! Just insert the desired SEQ field in the document, then selec...

W-2 Forms
My accounting head tells me she read "somewhere" that we won't be able to print W-2s for 2007 on GP 9. We will have to upgrade our hardware for 10 and I am not quite ready for that. Can anyone set me straight on this? Thanks!!! Haven't heard ANYTHING of the sort. Now, Microsoft is no longer supporting (after August that is) version 8 and any W2 changes could be problems there. But V9 is not expected to be a problem. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at h...

Statistical Analysis-Distribution Curve #2
Well, I left the bin range blank because i want excel to tell me wha the bin range should be based on the frequency and such. Perhaps should be using the derivative function to find that? Thank -- sunjo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunjoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26409 It is highly unlikely that Excel's "guess" will correspond with your preference. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:08:49 -0500, sunjoy <sunjoy.1d9za...

Populating text custom fields of the summary tasks in a Master Project
Hello, Situation: I'm using MS Project 2003. No Project Server. I have several (10+) subprojects linked to the Consolidated/Master project file. The structure is simple: Subproject1 -- Design1 -- Develop1 -- Implement1 Subproject2 -- Design2 -- Develop2 -- Implement2 etc. Each task has additional text custom fields (Text1 - Status, Text2 - Issues, etc.). The information in these fields is supposed to be entered by project managers of the subprojects, and should be available in the master file. Everything works fine at the level of individual tasks (Design, Develop, ...

Missing Fields !
I have on my CRM accounts form and crm deployment manager > acc attributes the following fields Address1_line1 Address_name Address1_postal code Address1_city However when I attempted to migrate data from my cdf table to the Accounts base table ! it said process complete ! Didnt migrate anything ! and I noticed now that the above fields arent der in Accounts base table ! How can this be, they arent even custom fields made by me, just added from the Add fields ! Im stuck here ! Pls help Rick, You need to initialize the cdf database firstly, by running the CDF Initialization tool. ...

Displaying items within pivot table fields
Hi Within a macro I've written I have the following syntax (which is not working); at the time that the macro reaches this line of code only the "ACCDNT" item in the "complaints_code" field within the "ComplaintsTable" pivot table is being displayed: With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("ComplaintsTable").PivotFields("complaint_code") .PivotItems("ACCDNT").Visible = False .PivotItems("ADVERSE").Visible = True End With Basically all I want to do is have the macro display the "ADVERSE" item instead of ...

Outlook Connector #2
Hey, everybody. I;m trying to link up my Verizon/MSN software with Outlook 2002. In Outlookm I keep being prompetd to update my Outlook Connector to do so. Whenever I hit "Upgrade Now," it begins installing. However, the Windows Installer always says, "The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that it is a valid Windows installer package." Can anyone help me to actually update the Connector? I'd be greatly appreciative. there was a similar post in M...

bridgehead server question #2
We have many domain in our forest, but exchange server in other domain will connect to Center domain and send out. I want to ask is should more than 1 bridgehead in domain for provide fault torrance? I see many microsoft knowledge just use 1 bridgehead. if more than 1,will cause network traffic or not? It won't increase traffic. It will just cause traffic to be sent to either of the two bridgeheads. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chi" <csyckad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161877547.036236.51430@m73g2...

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

CRM 4.0 Increment By
Can someone please explain the use of "Increment By" when setting Dynamic Values in Workflow? Can't find anything in the documentation... Thanks! Increment By increments the current value of a numerical attribute (number, decimal, money, etc.) in an Update Step by either a static or dynamic (based on the value of an attribute) value. As an example, suppose you wanted to increment the Estimated Revenue of an Opportunity using Workflow. These are the steps to follow: 1. Create a Workflow for Opportunity 2. Add an Update Step 3. Select Estimated Revenue 4. Select "Increm...