Not retaining CRM logon settings in web client

Hi,

I know this will most likely be a simple config thing, but it currently has
me stumped.  On the majority of the web clients we use, the user does not
have to login to the CRM server when opening up the app, but on one of the
systems, IE demands a user name and password every time, despite the fact
the the user selects 'Save Password'.

I am curious as to why it is not saving the user's credentials.

nb - the browser versions are all the same (XP's IE v6.1)

Cheers

Chris


0
Chris
10/20/2003 7:58:33 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
417 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

is this user on the same domain as the crm server?


"Chris Ericoli" <cericoli@famill.com.au> wrote in message
news:%23cjvOCulDHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I know this will most likely be a simple config thing, but it currently
has
> me stumped.  On the majority of the web clients we use, the user does not
> have to login to the CRM server when opening up the app, but on one of the
> systems, IE demands a user name and password every time, despite the fact
> the the user selects 'Save Password'.
>
> I am curious as to why it is not saving the user's credentials.
>
> nb - the browser versions are all the same (XP's IE v6.1)
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris
>
>


0
John
10/20/2003 2:03:40 PM
Hi John

User is in the same domain (there is only one domain in company).  Once user
enters credentials, app opens fine.

(Ordinarily this wouldn't be too great a problem, except for the fact it is
causing some custom logic to fail because the whoami call to the credential
cache fails).

Any help would be great.

Ta

Chris


"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:uWBT4LxlDHA.1084@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> is this user on the same domain as the crm server?
>
>
> "Chris Ericoli" <cericoli@famill.com.au> wrote in message
> news:%23cjvOCulDHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know this will most likely be a simple config thing, but it currently
> has
> > me stumped.  On the majority of the web clients we use, the user does
not
> > have to login to the CRM server when opening up the app, but on one of
the
> > systems, IE demands a user name and password every time, despite the
fact
> > the the user selects 'Save Password'.
> >
> > I am curious as to why it is not saving the user's credentials.
> >
> > nb - the browser versions are all the same (XP's IE v6.1)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Chris
> >
> >
>
>


0
Chris
10/20/2003 11:13:53 PM
In a similar case, we noticed that the link for MS CRM was with server's IP
and not server's name... Is this your case? If yes change it to server name
instead of IP.

Doros


"Chris Ericoli" <cericoli@famill.com.au> wrote in message
news:ut74rB2lDHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi John
>
> User is in the same domain (there is only one domain in company).  Once
user
> enters credentials, app opens fine.
>
> (Ordinarily this wouldn't be too great a problem, except for the fact it
is
> causing some custom logic to fail because the whoami call to the
credential
> cache fails).
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Ta
>
> Chris
>
>
> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:uWBT4LxlDHA.1084@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > is this user on the same domain as the crm server?
> >
> >
> > "Chris Ericoli" <cericoli@famill.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:%23cjvOCulDHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I know this will most likely be a simple config thing, but it
currently
> > has
> > > me stumped.  On the majority of the web clients we use, the user does
> not
> > > have to login to the CRM server when opening up the app, but on one of
> the
> > > systems, IE demands a user name and password every time, despite the
> fact
> > > the the user selects 'Save Password'.
> > >
> > > I am curious as to why it is not saving the user's credentials.
> > >
> > > nb - the browser versions are all the same (XP's IE v6.1)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
SiEBEN
10/21/2003 2:37:49 PM
Chris,

This might be the result of a security setting in IE that controls this.

From IE>  Tools..Options
- Security, Local Intranet, Custom Level.
- Scroll down to User Authentication and change from "Prompt for user name
and
password" to "Auto logon only in Intranet zone".

Another option would be to reset this zone to it's Default Level.

Matt

"Chris Ericoli" <cericoli@famill.com.au> wrote in message
news:%23cjvOCulDHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Hi,

I know this will most likely be a simple config thing, but it currently has
me stumped.  On the majority of the web clients we use, the user does not
have to login to the CRM server when opening up the app, but on one of the
systems, IE demands a user name and password every time, despite the fact
the the user selects 'Save Password'.

I am curious as to why it is not saving the user's credentials.

nb - the browser versions are all the same (XP's IE v6.1)

Cheers

Chris



0
Matt
10/21/2003 2:45:12 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Kit Set-Up NOT Assembly?
Okay, so you say I should use a kit if I have say 4 items of different prices and I don't want an employee mess with it as they can in an assembly. I have read about it, and I am a bit confused...it says that it will build the kit for me...what's that? Here is the situation I have a "Gift Package" that contains 4 items I currently sell, if the shelf is running low on any of the items, we break the gift pack and put the items on the shelf...using an assembly this is no problem...except that a cashier can edit assemblies. -- Thank You,; Vince The component items in a...

CRM token Limit
Hello, the CRM Token is limited (e.g. 0000 - 9999). What happends when I send a eMail after 9999??? greetings, Stefan It will start at 1 again. Crm just assumes that by the time it roles over the conversations have fininished -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "Stefan" wrote: > Hello, > > the CRM Token is limited (e.g. 0000 - 9999). What happends when I send a > eMail after 9999??? > > greetings, > Stefan ...

CRM Administrator
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all. For security reasons we are going to be changing over our passwords. Is there any ramifications of doing to the CRM Administrator ?? any help appreciated. Cheers, Nathan there should not be. However as a fail safe make sure you have another user account with crm system admin privelages as well just to be sure. You should never have only one account in crm as a admin. Always have two with the admin role -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Nathan Warner" <Nat...

Trail of changes in CRM Objects/Fields
Hi, Can anyone has a clue to track or trail the updations made in the CRM objects such as Accounts/Activity as to which user has done the changes,when and likewise. Can we create a report on this by putting the range - date i.e.from so and so to so and so date. Thanks, Nitin There's an article in the SDK about setting up an auditing feature in CRM. However, the article cautions that this is not for use in a production environment because it may slow your system down considerably. I haven't tried it, but you may want to solicit the opinions of others on this newsgroup to see ...

Journal view settings
Hello: I am using Outlook 2002. I'd like to switch the journal from the default horizontal scrolling to a vertical view, and filter empty dates. I've tried to find the settings for that with no luck. It seems that the journal view I want is set automatically on archived journals, because my "archive folders" display it like that without me doing anything. Create a new table view on the Journal folder and set its filter.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Reports only run on CRM Server.
I've installed 3.0 without issue, however the reports only run on the CRM Server (which happens to be the same box as the Reports Server). I remember during the install I used the address for the report server of http://127.0.0.1/ReportServer, so now I think the clients are trying to point to themselves to get the reports, which obviously fails. Can I fix this without having to reinstall? Cheers, Iain Hi Iain, is the SQL server on the same machine as the server running crm / reporting services? If you do not have all three of these components on the same machine you will need t...

Setting the colour of my Static control??
Hi, My dialog paints itself blue HBRUSH DlgBase::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); switch (nCtlColor) { case CTLCOLOR_DLG: return m_HBrush; } return hbr; } On my dialog I now have a CStatic derived control which should just be a big grey area void LVPanel::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting CRect Rect; GetClientRect(Rect); dc.Draw3dRect(Rect, RGB(255, 255, 255), RGB(68, 68,68)); } the 3D rect shows up OK but the centre of it is blue?? (or whatever colour is defi...

Integration of CRM with other MBS
Hello, All! Please provide me links to the information about integration of Microsoft CRM and other Microsoft Business Solutions (etc. Axapta or Navision). Where can I read about it? ...

Changing the default color settings of charts
How can I change the default color settings the MS uses for their graphs? I can change them after I create the graph but it would be so much easier to preset them because I use the same colors for the groups I report to. Tom - There are two ways. The easiest is to adjust the color palette. Select Options from the Tools menu, and click on the Color tab. See the bottom two rows of the palette? These are the default colors for the first 8 line/scatter series and for the first 8 bar/column/area series. Click Modify to adjust them. The nice trick with this one is that changing the palett...

Export data in XML through Web Services
I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this data in a XML format. I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute. Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class? Thanks in advance -------------------------------------------- Massimo Rizzotto -------------------------------------------- can you show us the code now, and show us what you are getting on the wire and show us what you would like to get on the wire? This article http://www.15secon...

Retainers
Does anyone know the process of receiving retainers and then applying them to the invoice. I need thenm to show up on the invoice. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Brian In microsoft.public.money, bcarne wrote: >Does anyone know the process of receiving retainers and >then applying them to the invoice. I need thenm to show >up on the invoice. >Any help is appreciated. Not many Business users provide answers. ...

Problem CRM over Cisco VPN
Has anyone used Cisco's (3005) WebVPPN with MBS CRM. Other Apops work fie put CRM wont. Errors with Method Not Allowed, or Not Authorized even before a long in prompt. ...

CRM Report Server Security
Ok!! Something else to add to the list of issues I´m having getting CRM functional. I have the site setup and the report server is working but we are only able to access it through the http URL. I have the instructions to configure the report server for SSL but when I go into the Report Server Configuration>Virtual Directory, the box for SSL as well as everything else is greyed out and I am unable to change anything. Could someone please assist me here? S.Wiley ...

Migrating from Goldmine
Hi there, I'm migrating from Goldmine to CRM 4.0, and will ultimately have csv lists of accounts, contacts, leads, activities etc. In using either import method, it always fails when starting out, as if i import accounts first, when it tries to import the primary contact, since there are no contacts to lookup, it fails. Vice versa if i start by importing contacts, i cant automatically assign a parent customer, as the lookup fails because the accounts aren't imported yet. If i import accounts, then import contacts with parent customers listed, it works, but i've lost my ...

CRM and Pocket PC
I've seen some 3rd party applications that allow read only access to CRM using a pocket PC. What about full functionality? The Pocket PC IE doesn't seem to be supported by CRM. Does anyone have more information on this? Thanks. There is a Pocket PC addon for CRM but its is only "Read Only" you cannot add calls or changes sales etc.. I cannot remember who provides this, but i will dig it out for you. Regards J "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8cc901c3e999$405423f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've seen some 3rd part...

Client License Issues
Have a 5.5 server that was shutdown to change DNS. Upon restarting, clients started receiving messages that there were no client licenses available. We have a 'per server' license model with 65 licenses. We have 45 people using 39 workstations! "License Maintenance" shows that we have '65 licenses Purchased' and '66 licenses Reached' yet we currently only have 20 people logged on. I can obviously overcome the issue by 'buying' more licenses which I've temporarily done to keep everyone on line ... but can someone tell me what it's doing...

OTC of System Jobs in CRM 4.0
Hi... I need to find the object type code of 'System Jobs' in MS CRM 4.0. Any pointers will be deeply appreciated. Thanks Rahul Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF TreeView Control With Filtering of Nodes Based on Their Levels http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc841e66-3aac-4bd9-baba-bf26b9783a9b/wpf-treeview-control-with.aspx Hi, You can use the Metadata browser to find the OTC of any entity. More info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc151074(v=MSDN.10).aspx Good luck, Bertil "Rahul Dev" wrote: > Hi....

'Mail Merge' missing in Outlook Client
Hi all, I've running CRM 3.0. I have installed the Outlook client on most of our machines (the offline-enabled version on laptops, and online-only version on desktops). All computers are running Office 2003. On the desktops (online-only version of SFO), the 'Mail Merge' option isn't available in CRM (for leads, contacts, etc), however it appears fine on the laptop versions. Has anyone else experienced this? Kind Regards, Cam I am having the exact same issue. Cant get the Mail Merge option to appear in the Action dropdown. Have you been able to resolve this issue? ...

Retained Earnings posting issue
We have a customer who closed their fiscal year as of Sep. 30, 2008. They made some adjusting journal entries over the weekend and posted the batch. While attempting to reuse the same batch ID for additional entries, they found that one entry from the previous posting was still in the batch and the batch was in Batch Recovery. The edit list showed the error message that the Retained Earnings account was not a Balance Sheet account. We found that the RE account had been changed in GL setup. The problem is that of the six entries in this batch, 4 should not have posted due to this err...

Adding a new Interface in MS CRM
Hi, I don't want to use the "Add Lead" form to create a lead. I have developed my own page for this using the MS CRM APIs. But I have to change the linked page of "Leads" link in the left menu ( Sales) and point to my custom page. How can I do this? Thanks, -Jaison Well this is a little different as you will have to recreate the outer shell of CRM. We did this using the ASP.NET controls from Infragistics for one of our clients. Sean "Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message news:OCDt3caaEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > >...

CRM Offline
While going CRM Offline, it looks like it stops the process at Downloading Status windows. Dowloading Status window shows the following above the progress bar: "Downloaded 100 data changes (100 inserts, 0 updates, 0 deletes, 0 conflicts)" Is there any setting in CRM setup that can show only 100 record changes? Offline process is not proceeding after this. Your answers would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

TNEF Setting in Active Directory
Hello I would like to change the TNEF setting of some contacts . As we are using LDAP to create our contact into AD from our CRM database. I was wondering if anyone knew the right attribute to change ? Thanks Sebastien Hello Seb, Thank you for posting here. Based on my knowledge, you configure the TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) settings for the contacts from Outlook client. To do so, refer to the following steps: 1. Locate the recipient in the Contacts folder, and then double-click the contact to open the contact details window. 2. Double-click the contact?s e-mail ad...

Microsoft CRM Reporting Services DateTime Parameter
Hello, I've built a report for a client using Reporting Services in VIsual Studio 2005. The report is viewed in CRM 3.0. I have, among others, 2 parameters that are using DateTime format. The client would like to be able to enter parameters for not only date, but time of day as well. As of right now, the parameter control only allows them to enter a date. I have been unable to find a way to expand the selection to include the desired time of day to the parameter. Is this even supported? Thanks, CJ ...

toolbars not retained
Running W2K, Outlook 2000 - each time a new email is created the standard and formatting toolbars must be added. How do I set these as the default? (I've renamed the outcmd.dat file but this did not resolve the problem.) Thanks for your help! Linda Are you using Word as the editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Linda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Running W2K, Outlook 2000 - each time a new email is | created the standard and formatting ...

CRM Problems
Hello, We have implemented CRM 3.0 with two Web Servers, with NLB implemented, and one DB server. After about two to three weeks the Web servers will display the Error message below in the Sys Log and then the Reports function will no longer work. The servers have to be rebooted in order for the function to work again. DNS is maintained by a 3rd party appliance, not MS. I know this could be network related but have checked again and again and can't find anything. NIC drivers are one release back and there we no fixes listed for this kind of problem. Double Hop Kerberos authentication is s...