Not able to send email directly from CRM...

Using MS CRM 3.0 on SQL 2005.
Email Router is installed on Exchange Server 2003.

When I send an email from CRM, it goes to History record with Email ID
however it is not actually transmitted to the recipient.

We can however send the email through Outlook and track the email to
CRM.

Can anyone give a clue why we are not able to send email directly from
CRM interface.

We must be missing something.

0
ExSlx
3/28/2006 12:20:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can someone please help me in resolving this issue?
We are not able to send email from CRM.
Tia

0
ExSlx
3/30/2006 10:55:10 PM
did you configure your SMTP settings when you did the crm install?

Has email never worked or has it just stopped working recently?
=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"ExSlx" <barunc@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Can someone please help me in resolving this issue?
> We are not able to send email from CRM.
> Tia

0
John
3/31/2006 4:16:55 AM
I joined this company recently and I am also new to MS CRM.
CRM was installed by someone else who is no longer with this company.
I think it has never worked before. We can track email from Outlook
however we are not able to send email from CRM. When I send an email
from CRM, it does not give any error message and simply goes to the
History as a completed activity. But email is not transmitted to the
recipient.

How do I configure SMTP now? I will appreciate your help.

0
ExSlx

How do I send email mail merge from Outlook?
Hi, I'm evaluating CRM at the moment. I'd like to send email mail merges to single or multple contacts using templates that contain html images and custom CRM fields. I'd also like the email to be linked to the contact record. Could anyone tell me how to do this from within the Outlook client please. (I don't seem to have the settings tab available within Outlook). ...

Email font #2
I was typing an email and the text suddenly disappeared. The cursor had become a tiny spec. I had to change the font size to 80 to be able to read what I was typing. What happened? Then I tried to forward and email, and the original email appears as a very tiny miniature of its former self. What happened? I have closed Outlook and reopened, but these settings remain. Any suggestions? -- Glenn A You probably modified the zoom settings of the composing window. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Within domain mail going to Junk Email on some users?
Hi Everyone, I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook is. When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes directly to the recipient's junk email folder? Any thoughts as to why? No Rules are causing it that I can see... Thanks! On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook >is. > >When certain users email others within our single domain, t...

CRM Express requires .net 2.0 but CRM 3.0 is not compatible???
According to TK 935500 "This problem occurs if you are using the Microsoft ..NET Framework 2.0. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 is incompatible with the .NET Framework 2.0." In order to use the CRM Express, we HAVE to use .Net 2.0, so how can we possibly sync a blackberry if we can't upgrade to .net 2.0?? On May 3, 8:33 am, Luvsql <Luv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > According to TK 935500 "This problem occurs if you are using the Microsoft > .NET Framework 2.0. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 is incompatible with the .NET > Framework 2.0." > > In...

Email receipt confirmation
How can I setup a request for receiver to confirm the receipt of the email, that the email was recived. Thanks Nenad On 12/5/09 2:16 PM, in article C7409A3C.334B%blau@uitikon.ch, "Prof. Nenad Blau - BIOPKU Consulting" <blau@uitikon.ch> wrote: > How can I setup a request for receiver to confirm the receipt of the email, > that the email was recived. See Return Receipts: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> Keep in mind that return receipts are not a reliable indication that a message has either been read or received. ...

cannot send attachment #2
my outlook will not let me send an attachment--help kelly <jfgeiger@verizon.net> wrote: > my outlook will not let me send an attachment--help What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Setting up new email account in outlook with Gmail
I am using Outlook 2003 and i have been trying to set up a new email account from my Gmail (google mail) account and i keep getting a error message saying it cant connect to either the incoming or outgoing servers. i have the incoming server SSL set to 995 and the outgoing SSL to 465. i did everything gmail told me to do.. and i was connected to the internet. can anyone help me please. thanks Do you have any firewall (hardware or software) sitting between you & the Internet that could be blocking those ports? "Dustin" <Dustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Is this do-able?
Hello Everybody. A user has created a 'select' query in MS Access. He normally 1/ runs the query (the user is prompted for an 'end' date / filter) 2/ switches to 'pivot table view' 3/ exports to MS Excel We would love to do this in one step. Any suggestions? * I know how to link to external data in MS Excel, and could then refresh the raw data in Excel. However, the number of lines in my resulting spreadsheet varies so my pivot table would have to be recreated or the range reset, I believe. Thank you for any ideas. (** Is there a better newsgroup to post thi...

How can set up Excel to be able to print checks?
I wish to be able to build a template so I can print checks from an excel program. This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It contains the "SPELLNUMBER" function, which can be used in your spreadsheets, two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing routines. The code is open and commented. -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "catherine" <catherine@discussio...

Public folder: New email notification alert
Does anynoe know how to setup a "new mail" alert for all members of a public folder? Theoretically, I'd like each of our support staff members to get a "new mail" notification when email arrives in our "SUPPORT" public folder (i.e. support@domain.com). TIA. BW ...

Send/eceive status
I recently had to reinstall my operating system and consequently Outlook. Previously when I hit the send/recieve button I got a nice little status bar in the lower corner of the screen that indicated how many messages were being sent/received and I think it also showed the time left in the process. I cannot find how to get that back. I can only find the larger more obnoxious send/receive window that really only shows the two tasks of sending and receiving. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. -- fisharch Hi, To hide the send/receive window, just need to check the &quo...

winxp not able to join domain
hi! recently, i've some issues in a small grp of clients about 5% of the total 1000 PCs. We're not able to join these PCs into our win2003 domain. I've to rename the PCs before i can join to the domain. I've checked in the AD, the computer name is not there and all the dns, gateway and etc are correct. I didn't see any related msg in event viewer as well. for some of these pcs i've to re-join the domain for the user to login again. has anyone encouter this before? pls advise. thx Hello dkblee, Are the machines created from a not sysprepped image? Did...

VPC Images for CRM training
I am preparing for the crm install. & config exams. I have got the training materials but need the VPC images that are used to do the practicals. Can anyone please tell me where i can get these images from? Thanks The May 2006 Release of the VPC image is located at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- "Zaheer" <Zaheer@discussions.microsoft.c...

should be able to print ATP
I would like to be able to print out the Available to Promise information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2d089892-1a1b-4a8a-9e3e-16757d015fff&dg=micros...

Not able to modify another users shared tasks with owner permissio
Some of the users here have started using tasks and they have shared their tasks. Here is the senario. User A has some tasks and has given User B owner access to their tasks list. User B opens the shared tasks of User A and cannot change the names or due dates of any of the tasks. We are using outlook 2003 with a exchange 2003 server here. I have looked all over for a reason for this but havent found an answer any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks, What *kind* of access? Haven&#8217;t tried it, but I&#8217;d bet the delegate permissions need to be set to &#8220;Ed...

Confirmation Email
Hi all, I want to be able to send out shipment confirmation emails at the end of the day, based on a query that populates with the records that meet some specified criteria. Any record that shows in this query result set will need to have an email sent to the customer on record. I am having the hardest time locating some code snipets that I could experiment with. How would I be able to have it go through each record and send an email? Any help, guidance, or code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -gary Try something like Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenR...

Email Accounts
Is there a way to set Outlook 2k3 to use an Exchange server for one email address and an external(my ISP) for another email address? I can receive but not send. Here is what I get if I try to send and email from the external account Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 6/20/2006 3:13 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Lname, Jay on 6/20/2006 3:13 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) In news:EFAA5332-17D1-4376-9630-95EDA4AE3609@microsoft.com, ve...

outlook wont send email
I have been using outlook and incredimail for different users in the family. I added a Palm and had to make outlook my default mail. Now I can not send anything in the out box. I have checked all the settings to no avial. ...

How can force enable macros to be able to open my workbook?
I would like to be able to force employees to enable macros for a certain workbook or it will not let them open the workbook. And maybe put a password on it so if i would like to modify the workbook without the macros enabled. set up the workbook so that the only sheet showing is one with a message which says "You must enable macros for this workbook to work." in a large obvious font. Have the workbook password protected and all sheets veryhidden. In the workbook_Open event, hid that message-sheet & display the sheets which you'd need to have visible. So, if the user disab...

Pictures in email
How do you include a picture or logo in the body of an email Insert->Picture. Are you trying to create stationery? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How do you include a picture or logo in the body of an | email right click on the picture, select the option COPY. Open up a new mail message, click in the message body, right clic...

? send htlm file as an e-mail
HI, I am using Outlook Express and I am trying to send an htlm file as the e-mail copy - not as an attachment, can anyone tell me how. Thanks, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID...

I am not able to do this...
I apologise cause of my lack of knowledge to do this. I have 2 questions 1) I need to copy all my excel files to a pen drive or CD. so, i searched them by using XP search function. I selected all, copied and pasted to pen drive but a prompt was immediately received "cannot read from source file or disk " 2) When a Excel file is generated and saved, can it be automatically saved in a different file in order to have all xls files duplicated in one XLS Folder ? Can I received some help to solve this matter ? I will be very appreciative of it. Os. #2. You could have a m...

OUTLOOK 2002 SEND issues
I have a user that when she sends a message it does not go to the sent floder ( cannot find where it goes)It is sent in outlook to save sent items in the sent folder HELP Do you see anything in the Sent Items folder? If you open the folder and select View | Current View, is the unread messages view selected? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "jay gardner" <jlgardner@ftb.com> wrote in message news:eab701c3f0a6$59771680$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Outlook Email will reecieve but not send
I have Outlook 2002 with WIndows Xp. My email account was working fine a few days ago. Now it will recieve but not send. I checked all my account setting with my ISP and they say its Outlook. Any ideas? JS On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:25:12 -0700, "JS" <jerry@creeklife.net> wrote: >I have Outlook 2002 with WIndows Xp. My email account was >working fine a few days ago. Now it will recieve but not >send. I checked all my account setting with my ISP and >they say its Outlook. Any ideas? > > >JS Go into your email accounts (Tools -> Email Accounts) Th...

sending word form by email
I've created a word form document with user fillable fields. I've added my email address as a hyperlink at the bottom of the form. However, when I protect the form, Ctrl-clicking on the hyperlink does not work. How can I get the hyperlink to work? Thank you in advance for any help you might provide! Have a GREAT day! Greg Greg, You would probably get a better answer, if you posted to a Word newsgroup. This newsgroup addresses issues with Microsoft Publisher. "furniturerepairman@verizon.net" <furniturerepairman@verizon.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...