Norton Internet Security 2006 and CRM 3.0 oulook Client

Hiya All,
I'm new to the group and this is my first post - so please let me know
if I vae inadvertently breached the group's etiquette.

I run a Small Business Server 2003 with CRM 3.0 and Exchange - patched
to SBS sp1.

I have a problem with a rougue Outlook client .. this particular client
runs Norton's Internet Security 2006. This box was also recently
rebuilt completely with XP SP2.

When Norton's is running, http://crm and http://companyweb is
unavailable - Explorer window disappears completely. IP address of SBS
box is added to nortons as an "Allowed" IP. This is 1 sympton of the
problem.

The other one that i have found is that the Outlook client will get a

"An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The CRM server
could not be contacted .. blah blah " when trying to send an email that
is to be tracked in the CRM.
The Outlook client is Outlook 2003 SP2.

I have isolated this problem to this PC only.
Both of these problems occur when Nortons is running.
When i DISABLE Norton's, i have NO problem with tracking email in
outlook and http://crm and companyweb are able to be viewed in
Explorer.

The interesting part is that when i DISABLE Norton's 2006( right click
Nortons task bar icon and disable), the Intrusion Detection, Privacy
Control, and Personal Firewall components become disabled and the
system works fine.

If i ENABLE Norton's from the Task bar icon, and turn off the Intrusion
Detection, Privacy Control, and Personal Firewall components, the
system has the 2 symptons I have outlined above.

I do not understand what the difference is between DISABLED and OFF -
but it would appear the 2 have different effects when concering access
to http://crm or companyweb.
The problem with the Outlook client displaying the "An error occurred
promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The CRM server could not be
contacted .. blah blah " is also related - i believe.

Has anyone come across the same problem .. a while back someone wrote
that Nortons 2004 did not particular like CRM 1.2 .. maybe that is the
same for Nortons 2006 and CRM 3.0 ?

I thought i would log the problem here first before going to Symantec.
The box with this problem is the only one n my network that is running
Nortons 2006.

Any ideas ?

Steve

0
me
5/25/2006 11:08:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sorry - how can i change the "me" in my profile to something more
reflective of my name ???????

0
me
5/25/2006 11:10:49 PM
Try this.. I remember when I first started using MS CRM on certain
workstations I had to manually add the MS CRM web address to the "YES this is
an AOK site" list in Windows XP.

Anne

Error message when you try to start Microsoft Outlook after you install the
Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook: "There is a problem communicating
with the Microsoft CRM Server"
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 910090
Last Review : 2006-05-23
Revision : 2.0
SYMPTOMS
You receive the following error message when you try to start Microsoft
Outlook:
There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server
might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your
system administrator.
If you click OK, you receive the following error message:
An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting
Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if error persists.
This issue occurs after you install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for
Microsoft Office Outlook (the Outlook client).
CAUSE
This issue occurs if you used the IP address of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM
server instead of the DNS name during the Outlook client installation. An
example of a DNS name is http://crm.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, add the IP address of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM
server to the Trusted Sites list of the Local intranet zone on the Outlook
client computer:1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Click Local intranet, click Sites, and then click Advanced.
5. In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the IP address of the
Microsoft CRM server, and then click OK three times.
6. Restart Microsoft Outlook.

--
Anne Stanton
The Norwich Group

"me" wrote:

> Hiya All,
> I'm new to the group and this is my first post - so please let me know
> if I vae inadvertently breached the group's etiquette.
>
> I run a Small Business Server 2003 with CRM 3.0 and Exchange - patched
> to SBS sp1.
>
> I have a problem with a rougue Outlook client .. this particular client
> runs Norton's Internet Security 2006. This box was also recently
> rebuilt completely with XP SP2.
>
> When Norton's is running, http://crm and http://companyweb is
> unavailable - Explorer window disappears completely. IP address of SBS
> box is added to nortons as an "Allowed" IP. This is 1 sympton of the
> problem.
>
> The other one that i have found is that the Outlook client will get a
>
> "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The CRM server
> could not be contacted .. blah blah " when trying to send an email that
> is to be tracked in the CRM.
> The Outlook client is Outlook 2003 SP2.
>
> I have isolated this problem to this PC only.
> Both of these problems occur when Nortons is running.
> When i DISABLE Norton's, i have NO problem with tracking email in
> outlook and http://crm and companyweb are able to be viewed in
> Explorer.
>
> The interesting part is that when i DISABLE Norton's 2006( right click
> Nortons task bar icon and disable), the Intrusion Detection, Privacy
> Control, and Personal Firewall components become disabled and the
> system works fine.
>
> If i ENABLE Norton's from the Task bar icon, and turn off the Intrusion
> Detection, Privacy Control, and Personal Firewall components, the
> system has the 2 symptons I have outlined above.
>
> I do not understand what the difference is between DISABLED and OFF -
> but it would appear the 2 have different effects when concering access
> to http://crm or companyweb.
> The problem with the Outlook client displaying the "An error occurred
> promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The CRM server could not be
> contacted .. blah blah " is also related - i believe.
>
> Has anyone come across the same problem .. a while back someone wrote
> that Nortons 2004 did not particular like CRM 1.2 .. maybe that is the
> same for Nortons 2006 and CRM 3.0 ?
>
> I thought i would log the problem here first before going to Symantec.
> The box with this problem is the only one n my network that is running
> Nortons 2006.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Steve

    Are the parental controls (list of blocked/allowed sites) enabled on
this PC?

    NIS is far more intrusive than Norton AntiVirus.  At one point with I
think NIS 2004 we found where having it enabled would prevent Solitaire from
running.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~

0
Steve

How do I change the message that is sent to a new users when a new mailbox is created or client setup a new mailbox
Thnaks, Ron No message is sent. Outlook creates a welcome message. That's a function fo outlook - embedded in the binaries somewhere as far as I know. It's permanent. Post this in the outlook groups tough and confirm. -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "Ron" <rony@geotestinc.com> wrote in message news:OJQ$WrrdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Thnaks, > Ron > ...

crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder
Thanks for you replay about sales for outlook requirements I noticed a problem with SFO crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder It's been saved into deleted email folde , and all of them does not have the sender , anyway they were sent because they arrived to destination. What can be the problem? thanks -- Benito Rosado Milano, Italy Afraid that is "by design". This will change in v3 though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "benny" <benny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA4C564B-80C9-47C8-85E5-0C0948EB6B4E@microsoft.com... Thank...

Connecting to the Internet from Money2004 Deluxe
I cannot get online. I get the error "Money was unable to initialize online service. If you want to use your online service, please reinstall Money from your product disks." If i try to reinstall one more time, there won't be anything left on my "product disk." Is there a fix for this problem??? In microsoft.public.money, Money2004 Deluxe MESS! wrote: >I cannot get online. I get the error "Money was unable to >initialize online service. If you want to use your online >service, please reinstall Money from your product disks." > >If ...

Office Mac 2004 Instability issues since updated to last version (11.3)
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3246456886_216652 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I am experiencing many instability issues since I installed the latest update to Mac Office 2004 (11.3). * Entourage (11.2.5) database getting corrupted or functions crashing the SW (such as printing) * Word (11.3) getting unstable / crashing (but not always) when manipulating graphics within a document (and all...

Email Security Issue
I'm using Outlook 2000. How can I send an email newsletter without having to approve (click YES) on each email? Is there a workaround for this? Thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm Try using html format... see the link for other options -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe ...

How to disabel "Excel" export button in CRM
Hi All, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button that exist in many forms in CRM, For security reason, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you Hi, in the following source file : inetpub\wwwroot\_grid\action.js locate the following function : function exportToExcel(sGridName, sObjId) comment the call to the printGrid function //printGrid(sGridName, sObjId, true); and add the following statement : window.alert ("Export functionnalities has been denied to you."); hth, -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft France ----...

Formula too long #3
I have an extremely long formula that sums the totals from 13 different worksheets saved in a different folder. When I try to edit the formual I get an error that says formula too long. Is there a way to increase the amount of information within a formula because in the future I am going to need to add more parts to this formula and it is already too long. Thanks for the help. Todd I suggest you write a macro to do this. Then It will be virtually unlimited. >-----Original Message----- >I have an extremely long formula that sums the totals from >13 different worksheets...

Security for Modified Reports 10
Hello, I'm having a problem with "error" messages while trying to print modified reports. I'm on version 10 of GP Dynamics. I have granted privileges to modifed forms. When my customer service dept tries to print these forms, they receive a message "You don't have security privileges to open this window. Contact your system administrator for assistance." They are able to hit "OK" and then it will let them view/or print the modified report. This is appearing on all Sales modified forms. Thanks Melanie How did you assign security to these reports?...

adding multiple businesses in Money 2006 small business
I can not see how to add multiple businesses (or modify my original business info) in money 2006 small business. can someone help ...

security error?
Please help! I have Active Dir, Exchange and SQL 2000 on the same Win 2000 server machine. Installed CRM OK. Made security service dependent as outlined in deployment guide. Created an account in CRM and can browse around, but cannot save anything. The error I am getting is: Server Error in '/' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<activity><activityt..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentia...

Exchange 2003 Distribution Group Security
Hi, I am running Exchange 2003 and ran into a glitch with my distribution lists. Here is the scenario: I have one universal distribution group with all of my computer users, called allcomputerusers. I have mail enabled global security groups for each location (called locationA, locationB, locationC etc.) that are in the allcomputerusers group. Any user in a location group is allowed to send emails to that group. I have the message restrictions on the allcomputerusers group set to only accept messages from me. The problem is this, if a user from one of the location groups sends an email ...

Norton Utilities Detects Crash
Every time i close outlook 2002 (running windows 98) Norton Utilities tells me it just crashed and to terminate the program..I once fixed this on another computer but i forgot how thanks Are you talking about the really old CrashGuard that came with NU *before* version 2002? This was a flaky program even when it was new and appropriate only for the Windows version it supported. Maybe you're trying to run CrashGuard on a version of Windows or with a service pack level that it no longer supports. Did you find any support articles at http://www.symantec.com/ on your version of NU for Cr...

CRM and Terminal Services 02-09-05
I am looking to run SFO in a Terminal Services environment. I have seen the other posts regarding this issue. I am wondering if anyone has gotten this to work successfully?? Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. There isn't any good way to do this as MSDE (which our Outlook client requires) does not support multiple users per machine. In MSCRM v2.0 we are looking to address this issue (hopefully we can fit it in!) -- Alex Simons Director of Program Management Microsoft CRM ------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and conf...

clprflpr or client flipper
Can anyonne point me in the direction of a download for this tool? Urgently needed for an Exchange migration. The exe file and ini file is all that I require. To cut a long story short, no I can't use EXPROFRE as the users don't have X500 addresses and the software on the server I am migrating the users away from is 9 years OLD! TIA, JMS ...

Number Conversion #3
I download a report from an online query I have no access to, meaning I can't manipulate the query. The query returns reports with the date they were completed in a yyyymm format (or so I thought). I maintain a log as well and want to compare the two lists. When I run a comparison, I convert my dates to yyyymm but the vlookup function doesn't work because the dowloaded report only looks like its in a yyyymm format. For instance, the dowloaded report looks like: 200312, which is Dec 2003. But when I convert it to date yyyymm it changes to244806 so it is in some other format that w...

internet addresses #2
Does anyone know what table in SQL that e-mail addresses for vendors are stored in? Thanks. Glen, Execute the following query against your company database: select * from SY01200 where Master_Type = 'VEN' You will need to link to the PM00200 by Master_ID. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Glenn" wrote: > Does anyone know what table in SQL that e-mail addresses for vendors are > stored in? > > Thanks. > > > ...

Customer Internet Information Table
Anyone Know where the Customer Internet Information table can be found? I have searched through the Resources in GP but can't seem to find any documentation on this table. How you access the form is open up a Customer Card and click the Italized I Button next to the Address ID Field It's SY01200, (Company table). The field "Master_Type" tells you which series it comes from. In your case I think the value for this field would be "CUS". "Devin" wrote: > Anyone Know where the Customer Internet Information table can be found? I > have search...

Messages stuck in Outbox #3
I have a couple users whose messages are being held up in the Outbox of Outlook XP/2003 (even though Exchange services are running normally). The items in the Outbox are italicized. When they double-click one then close it, the message is no longer in italics. They're then able to drag it into the Drafts folder, close Outlook, open Outlook, then send the messages from Drafts. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any advice is much appreciated. ...

Removing Outlook #3
I have a bug in my Outlook 2000, that started a week ago. Message is "No trasport provider found". I would like to remove Outlook and reinstall it. I tried Add/remove programs, but can't find how to delete Outlook. It means it's corrupted. Try uninstalling office and download the eraser tool for office from Microsoft. If that doesn't work, then you will have to go into the registry and delete all references to Outlook and not Outlook Express. "Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e901c3dc80$c77df070$a001280a@phx.gbl....

Money 2006 Crash on download
You are my last hope! I am using Money 2006 Deluxe (Version 15.0.120.513 S/N 76929-xxx) with XP Pro. All seems fine until I download files from my broker. I have 4 accounts. Two are regular accounts and 2 are IRA accounts. All, except 1 IRA, were downloading just fine. The one IRA would crash Money 2006. The broker says all is fine with their files, so it must be a MS problem. I have done everything the MSKB says to do-- reregistered files, uninstalled/reinstalled Money, run Ofxanlyz.exe and started a new file. Now after all of this both IRA files crash Money, but the regular files ...

Opening POS aslo opens Internet explorer in the background
Hi, has anyone encountered this problem? Every time I open POS, Internet explorer opens up in the background with MSN page. I cannot minimize or quit the application. I do not see the application listed in the task bar when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons. Can anyone out there suggest a fix Hit the "ESC" key -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby CEO, Mobitech Microsoft Certified Partner 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7E32690-1A31-4A60-9269-C8321F78088F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > has anyone encountered...

How do I get Excel 4.0 style markers in Excel 2003?
I have charts made with Excel 4.0 with markers and I would like to create new charts in Excel 2003 with the same style of markers. Hi, I can remember that far back so I'm not sure what markers where available ;) Have a look at Jon's page which show you how to use any shape as a marker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html Cheers Andy mdmiller55 wrote: > I have charts made with Excel 4.0 with markers and I would like to create new > charts in Excel 2003 with the same style of markers. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook & Norton Virus checker
After uninstalling Norton System works (Correctly) My outlook won't receive anything, but sends OK. [1] Have double check the acct details [2]have uninstalled Office twice [3] If I try to resend and Email that went out when Norton was active it gets me to use the current acct. [4] Installed Outlook Express, same details, work fine (I hate OE) Any Ideas? Is Outlook keeping something hidden I can't overwrite with my new data? Many thanx Captron NZ Re Check the Pop Server settings for incoming mail. Nortons sometimes asks you to change Outlook to use 'localhost' while I...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

CRM Reports Viewer
Hi all when i try to view any report from the CRM report viewer a message said the service was not found. does anybody know what service i need to start. thanks Ensure all the Crystal Reporting services running "Services name on your CRM Server that starts with "Crystal .." There are 8 of them all should be auto startup. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Cesar Roldan" wrote: > Hi all > when i try to view any report from the CRM report viewer a message said the > service was not found. > > does anybody know what servi...