non CRM posts

Sorry to inject this, but is MSFT still trying to fix the issue with all the
non-CRM posts to this NG?  Seems like they're trying, but now we're getting
Media Player and a lot of Excel questions.

(And, in case a MSFT person does read this or follow-up, I don't use the web
interface to post or read the newsgroup, use a news reader)

-jim

0
Jim
8/7/2003 8:02:12 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've contacted Microsoft direct about this. May be able to get something
done about it.

I just wish they would give someone the ability to delete posts that are not
crm related as I know MS are a bit too busy to be monitoring this group all
the time

"Jim Budde" <jimbudde@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry to inject this, but is MSFT still trying to fix the issue with all
the
> non-CRM posts to this NG?  Seems like they're trying, but now we're
getting
> Media Player and a lot of Excel questions.
>
> (And, in case a MSFT person does read this or follow-up, I don't use the
web
> interface to post or read the newsgroup, use a news reader)
>
> -jim

0
John

CRM v1.2 in a mixed environment
Hi All - We're planning to install MS CRM v1.2 in a development environment and we'd like to find out whether we can leverage existing CRM components. For example, we have SQL Server 2000 installed on a test server running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000 installed on a production server running Windows 2000. The SQL Server and Exchange servers are in different domains. The test server for CRM will run Windows 2000 and is also in a different domain than both of these servers. f we establish a trust between all three domains will it be possible to successfully install CRM v1.2? I'...

Import Outlook Contacts into CRM
Hi everybody, I want to import my Outlook contacts to my CRM 3 contacts. Do I really have to do it by a *.csv file or is there a better connection between Outlook and CRM 3? -- Greetings Chris Server 2003 SP2 & Exchange SP2 & CRM 3 MS Office 2007 ...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

MS CRM #2
Please provide basic reference materials for MS CRM 3.0 Certification. provide download sites of tutorials. Check out https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/training/ You may need to enroll yourself into the customersource site first so you can then gain access. Various training organisations will be able to provide instructor lead courses and there are a number of e-Learning courses available from Microsoft for a fee. What are you looking to learn about MSCRM - Deployment, Development, Business Analysis? Deployment - You will need to understand Windows Server and Windows SBS, Ac...

cannot access to CRM 3.0 newsgroups
I am having problem connecting to the CRM beta newsgroup. I have follow all step in "CRM 3.0 newsgroups.doc" and I am using outlook express 6. When I start Outlook Express, this message will prompt out, "you are not subscribed to any newsgroups in this account. Would you like to view a list of available newsgroups now?" and I select Yes. Then the downloading newsgroups from betanews.microsoft.com window will appear, the status change from finding host > connected > authorizing and it will challenge for User Name (privatenews\cm3earlyaccess) and password (I retry m...

Deleting users in CRM
I think the answer is "no" but want to ask regardless. :-) Is there any way to actually delete users in CRM 4.0? I know that I can disable them as well as delete them in Active Directory at the operating system level. I am using CRM in a classroom environment. The users to be deleted are some student users who did not own or create any data but simply looked at the sample data (Adventure Works). I have them disabled but for "neatness sake", wanted to completely delete them from CRM. Thanks. Jerry Hi Jerry- Unfortunately there is not a supported way to delete t...

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

non

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Install CRM 4.0 with CRM 3.0 licences + upgrage
Dear all, my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0. Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we forced to pass through the 3.0 installation and then upgrade it? Many thanks in advance Bye ale Yes "locatao" <locatao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02CE8EF6-8557-47E1-BF94-0116073098B8@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0. > Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we > forced to pass through the 3...

How about CRM+Sharepoint in the same server?
Is that work? Both CRM and Sharepoint on one server will work, but I would not recommend that. Both applications do ask a lot from a server and it will be better to seperate them. First of all because of performance, but also because in case one of the servers go down, you still can use the other. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "CEO" wrote: > Is that work? I agree with Ronald, but we have installed Sharepoint and CRM on the same server in many applications, although Sharepoint has been only used as a document storage area. Maybe if Sharepoint was...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

newreader top posting
Guys, I am often chastised for top posting in newsgroups. However, this is the Outlook Newsreader's default behaviour. IS there any option to change it so that my replies are appended to the bottom? I can find no such option after searching.... KM Try a program called OE QuoteFix. I use it to customize my replies AND top-post. I generally skip posts that use bottom posting - I don't need to see what I have already seen twice - waste of time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name h...

Not able to Synchronize outlook with CRM
Hi ALL, I am able to synchronize outlook with CRM if i am logged as an system administrator but if i logged on as any other user it doesnt work and an error is displayed that the user doesnt have required 'Access & Permissions' to do so. Can you please tell me what are those 'Access & Permissions' as i have tried all changeds in the 'Access & Permissions' settings in CRM. Thanx a lot kunal Open the Security Role that the user is assigned (Customization > Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security Role). Click on the "Business Manag...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

CRM 4 and SQL upgrade
I have a CRM 3 installation on a SQL 2000 box which is also the CRM app server. Planning for the CRM 4 upgrade, I have a new physical server with SQL 2005 installed. What is my most efficient upgrade path? Hi, I think you can do the following: 1. Move the CRM 3.0 database to SQL 2005. 2. Point the CRM 3.0 application to the new database server. (There's documentations on how to move database to a new server on the microsoft website) 3. Install/Upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 on the CRM 3.0 application server. I think this is the fastest and easiest in my opinion. Darren Liu, Microsof...

Terminal Services and CRM
We have a client who has apparently succeeded in getting CRM 1.2 to work through terminal services. He did this by publishing it through active directory. Has anyone else come across this? Has anyone had any problems with this? From Terminal Server session, invoke IE and the CRM page within IE. Helps your users if you put an icon on the "desktop" that is a shortcut to CRM (ie. shortcut to http://localhost ) Works OK for us. Doesn't work for Sales for Outlook, that is not supported under Terminal Services Also permits you to access CRM from a client that is not part of ...

Re-post:Formula Finesse Needed: COUNTIF or DCOUNT or Something bet
Hello, I might have posted my original question in the wrong area initially. The answer i recieved from the General Excel forum was way beyond my ken. Please see the post below and the answer I recieved. If someone could explain how the answer works or send an alternative answer that would be great. "Sean Timmons" wrote: > OK, make sure your months are actual numbers.. Jan would be, ay, 1/1 > formatted as mmm. > > in A2, > =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISERROR(SEARCH($A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$500))=FALSE),--(month(Sheet2!$B$2:$B$500)=month(B$1))) > > should get it > &g...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

CRM 3 Email template issue
Greetings all, I have created an email template that includes accountcategorycode in the following context: This customer's SLA is {!Account:Service Level;not set}. When the email is triggered, the text looks like: This customer's SLA is 6. instead of reflecting the label for the value. I'd like it to display: This customer's SLA is <SLA info from the label>. Am I expecting this to function a way that it can't easily? Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. -Sam ...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

Outlook 2002 and CRM
I just installed CRM on several laptop computers. All but one completed just fine. On the one that did not complete I get an error when I click the go offline button. CRM Sales for Outlook cannot go offline. The Microsoft CRM server was not found. I'm not sure what is causing this error. I installed CRM without any errors or problems. It completed just as the others did. I can ping the CRM server and even pull up other web sites located on this machine from the computer that's having the problem. Any ideas. Thank You ...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

non project time
I am using MSP2007 for several projects en use a resource planning. The problem I have is that 1) the people have 8 hour working days but are not working 8 hours on the project. I can simply change the working time per person (it is different per group) but when I ad vacation as a task (next problem) MSP is not using the 8 hours but the adjusted time. This means that the vacation days are shorter than actual. 2) how can I use the non working time and make it visible in the Gantt Chard, like individual vacation and the non project time per day. 3) when adding vacation in the res...