No Attribute Message when merging contacts

I receive an error message "No Attribute" when mergeing contacts.

Any suggestions?
0
Skye (3)
10/1/2008 6:02:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

check the error log for detail warning or error .

Create two new contacts and try to merge them and post us the result.
------

Aamir

Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/
0
whatelseto (435)
10/1/2008 6:27:49 PM
Same Result

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> check the error log for detail warning or error .
>
> Create two new contacts and try to merge them and post us the result.
> ------
>

> Aamir
>

> Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
Skye (3)
10/9/2008 3:29:01 PM
I am having the same issue and I get the following error in the trace log:

Request URL: http://crmdev01:5555/CAPConnect/AppWebServices/MergeRecords.asmx

Stack Trace Info: [AttributeMetadataNotFoundException: 'Ct_customentity'
entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'owninguser'.]

I have heard that there is a hotfix for this but I have not been able to
find it.  Do you have any ideas?

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> check the error log for detail warning or error .
>
> Create two new contacts and try to merge them and post us the result.
> ------
>

> Aamir
>

> Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
Klas (2)
11/20/2008 11:12:06 PM
I am having the same issue as well.  Can you tell me how to turn loggin on
and where to find the logs?  I created two new contacts and tried to merge
them, with the same results as everyone else here.  CRM 4.0 running on
Windows  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> check the error log for detail warning or error .
>
> Create two new contacts and try to merge them and post us the result.
> ------
>

> Aamir
>

> Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
Joan (36)
11/24/2008 10:05:00 PM
How to enable tracing in Microsot Dyanamics CRM:

"Joan" wrote:

> I am having the same issue as well.  Can you tell me how to turn loggin on
> and where to find the logs?  I created two new contacts and tried to merge
> them, with the same results as everyone else here.  CRM 4.0 running on
> Windows  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
>
> "Aamir Bashir" wrote:
>
> > check the error log for detail warning or error .
> >
> > Create two new contacts and try to merge them and post us the result.
> > ------
> >

> > Aamir
> >

> > Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
Klas (2)

Word Editor Error Message
I use word as my email editor. All of sudden I started getting the following Microsoft Outlook error message: This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is wiethe busy or cannot be found. The form will be opend in the Outlook editor instead. I've tried completely powering down, I've run detect and repair and I have tried to re-set Word as the email editor in Options - Mail Format, but nothing seems to fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks, ...

Custom Status Bar message for Bob Philips
Hello Bob, I tried to send you an email as mentioned in the mssgs from 29-9-2003. Seems that I can't send it. It was about the codse in my This Workbook code and the code you posted. Hope you remember. Bert ...

Contact not showing in contact folder using automation
I'm using C++ to write a COM add-in for Outlook. I'm trying to iterate through all of the contact folders to search for a specific contact. When I find the contact I want to display the contact form. Everything works fine except for a couple of contacts in the main contact folder. There are 3 contacts that I've added that aren't included in the ContactItem collection. I'm using debug print statements to print out every contact in the folder and only 25 out of 28 are listed. I have no idea why these contacts are hidden. They are not private and they have email addresses. C...

encodig attribute of output element ignored

Using a Message Box to display �Random Quotation� stored in cells
Hi Can any one help me with this one ? What I�m trying to do is to click on a button which runs a Macro whic in turn selects a random quotation i.e. �to be or not to be�.� whic is already stored in a cell. I have about twenty quotes but I need to added to them all the time s the list would keep on growing Any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rob if your quotes are in column A of the active sheet try the following code (assign this to a button on the active sheet): Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Wor...

How do I change the Read Only attribute on a file?
I am working out of a publisher file that had been saved to a CD. I was able to edit the file but it will not let me save because it was Read Only. Can I change the read only attribute on this file to allow me to edit and save? Hi Terry, You have to save the file from the CD onto your hard drive. If you right-click on the file and click on Properties, you can turn off the Read Only attribute. If the CD is a read-write CD, you may be able to go into Windows Explorer and right-click on the file that is on the CD and click on Properties to turn off the Read Only attribute. Most people ...

Outlook With Business Contact Manager #4
I am trying to set up Outlook to use the BCM using an E- mail Exchange Account, I can not find the Accounts option mention in the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=829748 The Workstation is a W2k SP4, Any comments on how to configure the BCM on a Exchange E- mail account is appreciated. Thanks in advance If you're using the classic view of Control Panel, run the Mail applet. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.a...

E2k3 OWA
Users have begun reporting a problem - from OWA they cannot reveal the smtp address of messages they receive from other Exchange users that have their accounts hidden from the GAL. They are able to reply to the messages, but if you try to switch to a cc or bcc it fails. From other clients (Outlook, POP, IMAP) it works fine - they can see the SMTP address. Is there a solution to this, it's quite annoying? I suspect this has happened after the latest patches, but can't be certain. -GT I suspect this is happening because of the way OWA queries the GAL (other clients use LDA...

Searaching for Contacts with multiple categories
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Using the search function, it seems I am not able to search for a contact that belongs to more than one category. It seems to only recognize the contacts primary category. Can this be true? <br> It makes searching for contacts by multiple characteristics (categories, used like keywords), not possible. Please tell me there is another way. To clarify, I am trying to find an item whose category is both A and B. I can of course search for A or B, even though they have other categories assigned to them ...

More than one attribute.
you can write writer.WriteStartElement("data", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"); in your code for, <data xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"> how do you write, <data xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../documents/xml/epic.xsd"> for two attributes? Dave wrote: > you can write > writer.WriteStartElement("data", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"); > > in your code for, > > <data xmlns="http...

Duplicate messages in rules wizard
One of our users has created a number of rules in Outlook 2000 / Exchange 5.5. The rule is set to check email when it arrives, look for a specific user in the �from' field, then move the message to a public folder. For some unknown reason the message is being duplicated when it is moved into the public folder. It only affects rules which move messages to public folders, if I set the rule to move the message to a folder within the mailbox, no duplicates occur. This problem only appears to affect one user as I cannot recreate it using other logins. I have also attempted to remove all...

Report printing and error message
I have just installed a trial version of dynamics gp. I cannot log out as the message " Processes are currently being run that cannot be deleted." The program stalls whenever a list is being populated. I left the machine for 24 hours and it still hs this error message. Any ideas? Also when I ask to print a report to screen or print to a laser printer nothing occurs!! Thanks Bill Go to Inquiry - System - Process Server and look what is going on. You can also check MS SQL Enterprise Manager / Studio to explore processes and locks on your dbms HTH U�ytkownik "Bill Spiteri...

OWA clients can not see message contents
AD2003 sp1 w/ Exchange 2003sp1 one front end server and one mailbox server. Front end server is in a DMZ. Recently, my users have reported to me that they are unable to see the contents of messages while logged into OWA. The message header information is there however, there is not a message body. We have also noticed that messages that have attachments get 404 errors when you try to open them from OWA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. JH Check the security settings on their IE. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ...

How do I keep the date from changing format in a mail merge? #2
I have a document in Word and a document in Excel that I am using in a mail merge. When I merge the documents the format that I have the date in does not stay the same. I want the date to show up like, June 9, 2005 and what it comes up with is 6/9/2005. Is there anything I can do about this? The only thing I have found is to merge and then change the date format but then I can't get the date that I want, there are certain options that I have to pick from. Any ideas? Go to the word document and select the field that you are using for the date. RIght click on it to toggle the field...

How to find other attribute value corresponding searced attribute
Header("Item1") returns <MenuItem Content="Open file" Name="Item1" /> How to change this so it returns Content attribute value "Open file" corresponding to Name attribute value ? public static string Header(string entity) { return Menu.Descendants("MenuItem").Where(m => (string)m.Attribute("Name") == entity).Single().ToString(); } Menu type is XElement and it contains: <Menu> <MenuItem Content="File"> <Items> <MenuItem Content="FilemenuSubMen...

Outlook 2000 Attachment Icons Within a Message?
If anyone could please offer advice on the following situation, I would appreciate it. I have just upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Pro (clean install) and reinstalled Office 2000. All updates for XP and Office 2k have been downloaded and applied. One problem/annoyance I am encountering has to do with "icon generation" (for lack of a better term). If I receive a email message in Outlook 2000 that has an attached jpeg image file, instead of just showing a generic attachment icon, it tries to generate an icon which is a mini thumbnail of the actual picture file. Unfortunately, I am ...

Strange Boot Message
Just started noticing this message during boot. Immediately after the Windows splash screen disappears, a light blue window appears on the screen with this message: "00DBS program not found skipping autocheck" The message is there for just an instant (less then a second) and then the boot process is complete. Everything works just fine and I'm not certain when this first appeared since I don't normally watch the boot that closely. Also not certain if "00" in 00DBS are numbers or letters. Appreciate suggestions as to what could be causing this and...

Excel 97 message, "A document with the name '-----.xls' is already open. . . ."
I've just installed Excel 97 on a new computer. It works fine when I start Excel first and then open a file. But when I double-click on the file to start Excel, it opens the file all right but then warns me that that file's already open and I "cannot open two documents with the same name." It does this every time, though there isn't really another file open. It doesn't prevent me from working with the file, it's just annoying. How do I get rid of this false warning? Neil Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck &quo...

Unable to move messages
Hi, I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. I know its a limitation of OWA. But any workarounds? On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:38:01 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. >I know its a limitation of OWA. > >But any workarounds? Only using another application such as Outlook (RPC over HTTPS) ...

Excel Error Message!
Help, Everytime I open a worksheet in Excel I get the error message "A Document with the name "@@@@@.xls" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, wither close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents.". I am not on a network as Microsoft has suggested and their is no other document with that name on my computer. I am running Office Professional 97 with both servie releases one and two. I would be greatful for any suggestions as this is...

Deleted Attributes
Hi all, I have to fix a situation where someone went in and removed the exchange attributes for one user. She has a huge amount of stuff in this mailbox and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to reattach her mailbox to her account. Can anyone offer any guidance? Exchange 2000 on a Server 2000 domain controller (its NOT my design) Thank you, Mike Go in to the mailbox store where her mailbox is located, right click on the Mailboxes list and choose Run Cleanup Agent. In a few minutes, that mailbox should be marked as deleted. Then, right click on the mailbox, choose Reconne...

Prevent outgoing messages from certain users
Hi to everybody. I have such question: how can I prevent some users from sending mail out of the exchange domain? I thought it was enough to create a group (a windows group), insert there users who can send mail to the world and tell the smtp that only that group can relay through it. It works only if I use a plain client to send mail using that smtp server (That is: POP3/SMTP configuration). If I send mail from a "blocked" user using OWA or Outlook (exchange mode), the smtp relays mail to the final recipient, ignoring any relay restriction. For sending mail, this smtp uses ...

I don't know! Message passing
I derived class from CButton in order to create Group box (and I did it successfully). There are combo box and button in group box. Now I programmatically create that GroupBox on property sheet. When I click button in GroupBox I would like to have handling code in property sheet. How to create message maps? Is there any link with explanation. Thanx, T Is it possible to add message handler to programatically created control at all? I tried with simple dialog and it didn't work. "news.microsoft.com @hotmail.com>" <ba_tornado<remove this> wrote in message news:eULfcO...

Mail merge with PDF attachments
I've used Outlook 2003 with Word to do a mail merge. Now I want to add an attachment, a PDF file. Is there a way to do that? If Word is the problem, then how about doing it all in Outlook? maybe create a draft or template with an attachment? and then is there a way to merge it? Thanks for the help. Paul Orlowski You can't do a mail merge with attachments in Outlook/Word. You'd need to use a 3rd party mass mailing program such as the ones listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail add...

Macro Message Box
Hi, I am trying to build a macro for a histogram. When the macro is complete, I am asked "Histogram - Some data will be hidden by embedded chart(s)." I can click OK or cancel. How can I build my OK response into the macro so that I do not need to manually respond? Thank you for reviewing my question. Remove the MsgBox from the macro if it is unnecessary. -- HTH Bob "lahuwm" <lahuwm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD9273F-E393-4573-A3F5-BEEB344D21B0@microsoft.com... > Hi, I am trying to build a macro for a histogram. When...