Newline characters not read in appointments

Hi
I am facing a strange issue. When i am sending appointments with the following text :

"Hi

There is a meeting tomorrow.

Regards
Rahul"

The Invitees get the appointment with the following text in the body:

"Hi There is a meeting tomorrow. Regards Rahul"

The whole text appears in a single line. Newline characters are not read. Emails and other activities are working fine. Any idea why?

Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25-8728-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx
0
Rahul
5/13/2010 3:59:37 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Map characters to their relative positions in a cell
I've been using an Excel 2003 macro to loop through text cells in a spreadsheet that is sent to me from another office. My macro loops until column H (formatted as text) is empty; that is ="" (equal to a null string). It's been worked just fine until recently when the macro seems to end prematurely. It returns a normal end but clearly there are additional rows yet to be processed. The row that causes the macro to finish prematurely always contains many clearly visible character comments, sometimes 5-6,000 characters in length. My hunch is that one or more...

How do capture the first three characters from one cell to another cell
"AGC4039" is in cell 1. I want cell 2 to grab the first thre characters from cell 1 so it will display "AGC" Anybody know if excel can do this? Thanks for your help! Ale -- ExcelAle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelAlex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27129 =LEFT(cell1,3) works dandy -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Password Issue
Don't get me wrong here, I have received plenty of great information from MVP's and other regarding MS software, but to make us all sound like idiots because we used the suggested password system for a product is unacceptable. MS specifically tells you it is highly recommended to use Passport. Now while we all wait for the fix, we get to listen to all of you tell us how stupid we are for even using it in the first place. Personally, I can get around using it for now, but it is rather annoying that it is taking this long. Funny thing, I had always used Quicken in the pas...

USENET Forum FAQs (Everyone Must Read!)
This small FAQ will give you the basics on what and why we have a USENE gateway here on Trackpads. Please read and understand that we do no control the content or posts from the posters on the usenet. You ma however choose to interact with them or not by using these forums 1. What is the USENET http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&oi=defmore&q=define:USENE Is a good start but in the best and shortest description it is > > Usenet - A world-wide distributed interactive system consisting o > "newsgroups" with names which are classified hierarchically by s...

Just read an article on ADMODIFY.NET and Exchange recover?
All, Just read an article on ADMODIFY.net from msexchange.org. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Using-admodifynet-a...r-Exchange-2003.html Anyways, the article explains that I can use admodify.net to switch users from one Exchange server to another Exchange server(backup or spare). I'm currently using DoubleTake to switch users from one Exchange server to another in case of disaster. From reading the article, it looks like the admodify.net does the same job as DoubleTake. Any pro's and con's from using one or the other? My main concern or use of ADMODIFY.net is to quickl...

Formula to Convert Minutes:Seconds to just seconds
Hi Gang, I will explain best way i can. If Cell A1 contains the time 01:30, thats 1 minute & 30 Seconds, Then need cell B1 to display the value as just seconds so that it looks lik this: 90. Again if a user types 01:00 in Cell A1 then Cell B1 should convert an display this as 120. I know the basic maths behind this, using the 01:30 as an example First excel should take what ever is before the : and multiply by 6 (to convert the minutes into seconds, then it should add the result t the number AFTER the : (which are seconds anyway and the end result i 90, and 90 is what should be displ...

Funny characters in my word document
Some of my Word documents have funny characters in them that were not there before. However, if I send the document through email to someone else the character are not there. What could be causing this. You're probably displaying nonprinting characters (http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm). Press the � button on the toolbar, or press Ctrl+Shift+8. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Michelle Gohanna wrote:...

"%" character
I am using the following code: Val(strValue) where strValue = "0.1%" I am getting a type mismatch error.. what does the "%" character do to a string? As you found, Val() can't handle strings that are formatted with characters such as % or $. Divide the value by 100, i.e. use: 0.001 In what context do you need such a value entered? If it is an unbound text box, set its Format property to Percent, and it will be understood correctly as a numeric value. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http...

Outlook 2002 can't read mail sent from Chinese windows
I've installed Asian language support using Windows XP on a PC. Both Outlook 2002 and IE v6 seem to have difficulty selecting the correct encoding with which to view messages written in English sent from Chinese windows platforms. Manually changing the encoding sometimes works & sometimes not. The "Auto-select" feature is apparently useless (it doesn't improve matters). Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received. Thanks David ...

appoint show up differently on different computers
Using Exchange 2003, with mixed Outook2000 and Outlook2003 clients. OSes are mixed also, NT4.0, 2000, XP. The problem: In Exchange public folders some computers display the same appointsments differently. For example, we use a public calendar to mark employee birthdays. On some computers the birthdays are showing up as two day events, while other show it as a one day events. There does not be any rhyme or reasons why it appears on one computer a certain way and differently on another Any ideas thank Peter Have a look at the date time settings on the computers. Pay close attention to t...

Turn control to read only when editing but write when adding
I have a control that is a look up to find a value. I want to make the control read only if the record is being edited and allow it to be changed when a new record is added? How do you do that? Use the Current event of the form to lock the control if you are not at the new record: Private Sub Form_Current() Me.[NameOfYourControlHere].Locked = Not Me.NewRecord End Sub -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Sarah at DaVita" <sarah.pette...

Deal with text characters that are greater than chr(127)
I am dealing with a spreadsheet that is downloaded from another application. The parent application allows html text and includes some bullits. When this text is downlaoded to an excel spreadhseet the bullits are converted to the followng text string: • The � is chr(128) and the � is chr(162) (I may have these reversed?) but I have not been able to determine the code for the �. But indepedent of not knowing the code for the one character I'm having trouble dealing with these characters. Using a manual search for just one character nothing is found. I'd like to replace...

Rules to marlk items read
Hi, I am using IMAP. One of the best features for me is that I have my incoming and sent mail available from any computer. At least that's what I thought. Outlook does not save sent mail to an IMAP folder, so I made a rule that does this. Is there a way through a rule to mark these items as read? I could not find a way to this using the available actions in the rules wizard... Cheers, Thorbjorn Thorbjorn Sundboe <tsundboe@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way through a rule to mark these items as read? Nope. -- Brian Tillman ...

Importing a "read only" .pst file
I copied my Outlook 2007 .pst file and the most recent outlook backup file from my previous computer that ran Windows XP. The files are on a CD, are apparently "read only" and I no longer have access to the previous computer. How can I import this data, onto my new computer? It also runs Outlook 2007, but with the Vista operating system. My attempt to import the .pst file resulted in a message informing me that I did not have the approporiate permission. -- bsimard Outlook cannot open read-only PST files. You need to copy it to your file system, and rem...

Read Receipt
I have an employee who sent a message to another employee back in August and he is still receiving new read receipts every 10 minutes from that e-mail message. We have disabled read recepits in both accounts, and deleted the e-mail. But he still recevies about 360 read receipts everyday from this message. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

What characters are removed in thissimple regular expression
Hi! string s = Regex.Replace(input, @"[^\w\.@-]", ""); It's somewhat hard to see but there is a dot before @ What characters are removed from the input string ? //Tony On 5/21/2010 00:17, Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > string s = Regex.Replace(input, @"[^\w\.@-]", ""); > It's somewhat hard to see but there is a dot before @ > > What characters are removed from the input string ? > //Tony > > Maybe you should ask in a regex group instead. It matches any character that is not the ones you spec...

Read only file
I have a publisher file saved to cd. Properties show that it is a read only file and won't allow me access to change it. When I try to open it as read only or save it back to my hard drive, it tells me that it can't open the file. I really just want to print the file. Won't it open because it's a read only or is there something else wrong? -- Thanks, Dana It becomes read-only when you put it on the CD by design. Never open the file on the CD, copy it to your HD first. If it's read-only at that point, you just change the attributes. http://www.febooti.com/produc...

My reading pane won't open and I can't turn Outlook off
I have Outlook 2007. I have my disk partitioned so I can use it and also my wife. My wifes Oultook is terribly slow. the reading pane won't show the message and I cannot turn it off. Though all other commands work fine (eg I can minimise and reduce size etc. It is driving me CRAZY. Paddy have you tried using help, office diagnostics? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-requ...

First 6 characters in column
I have a data that I'm importing into excel that looks similar to: 123456 012. What I want to do is on this whole column trim everything away and leave only the first 6 characters. Is this something fairly simple? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use the Text to Columns feature: Select the cells that contain the numbers. Choose Data>Text to Columns Select Fixed Width, click Next In the Data Preview window, click after the sixth character, to add a break line. Click Next With the first column selected, choose 'Do not import column ...

auto reply when read
After i send a email, how can i set an auto response email to alert me the email has been read by someone. http://www.msgtag.com/home/ Win wrote: > After i send a email, how can i set an auto response email to alert > me the email has been read by someone. Tools-Options-Email Options-Tracking Options. > Tools-Options-Email Options-Tracking Options. Doesn't this require confirmation intervention from the person who received the email? It depends on their email settings. Also note that not all mail systems support read receipts. On 4/28/06 12:38 PM, in article e6...

reading Japanese mails from hotmail
I use Outlook to download and store in my HD the mails that come to my hotmail account. I can read mails in Japanese in Hotmail (on internet), but when it is downloaded to Outlook, I cannot read many of them. I can write and read Japanese in other software. FYI, I have Windows XP and Outlook 2003 (and a Toshiba computer all bought in US). How can I read these Japanese emails? Thanks! ...

User not in distribution groups receiving calendar appointments
We have a user account in our domain that receives calendar meeting appointments that are sent to a distribution group that she is not in. We have tried deleting the distribution group, recreating it and putting in the original people but the problem still presists. I have also tried removing all the members of the group, placed a test user into the group and sent another calendar meeting appointment to the group. Same results. The user still receives the appointment even though she is not in the group. Has anyone ever had a similar problem or know of where I could look to solve it. ...

Installing MS Money Plus and reading my backups
Before time ran out to purchase MS Money Plus I purchased a copy. I've got backups of my MS Money Plus data. I would like to know if all I have to do is install my new copy of MS Money Plus and just read in the latest backup file? Will that be enough to restore my MSN Bill Pay, at least for another year or so? -- Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >Before time ran out to purchase MS Money Plus I purchased a copy. I've got >backups of my MS Money Plus data. I would like to know if all I have to do >is install my new copy of MS Money Plus and just read in t...

Workflow appointment invitation
It should be possible to create a workflow which will send an e-mail when an appointment is created. That e-mail should be sent to the required resources (attendees) of that appointment. Also you should be able to specify your choice of recipients to required resources, optional resources etc. (Right now its only it is only possible to send e-mail to owner/owner manager/specified contact/specified account) Kas ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&q...

XML in Access 2003: IXMLDOMNode
Hi all, I ran the attached volcanoes.xml (with geology.dtd) in the Module of Access 2003. I got the following error: Microsoft Office Access You have error Invalid Character in content model. |OK| Please help and advise me what is wrong in my source code and how to correct the problem. Thanks in advance, SHC ////---volcanoes.xml---//// <?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE geology SYSTEM "geology.dtd"> <!-- Volcano data --> <geol...