Newline characters not read in appointments

Hi
I am facing a strange issue. When i am sending appointments with the following text :

"Hi

There is a meeting tomorrow.

Regards
Rahul"

The Invitees get the appointment with the following text in the body:

"Hi There is a meeting tomorrow. Regards Rahul"

The whole text appears in a single line. Newline characters are not read. Emails and other activities are working fine. Any idea why?

Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25-8728-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx
0
Rahul
5/13/2010 3:59:37 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

must read
Humaneyes from Israel really sucks! ...

Change Font on Character Count
I have a form from the CBOE. The form is used to give responses by students, but has limited space. This worked in Acces 2.0 and Access 97, now it is no longer working! I count the total number of characters on a page. If the count is in certain ranges then I set the font accordingly. Current Code Dim rprt as Report Set rprt = Me With rprt If Me!TextA > 1400 then .fontsize = 13 End If If Me!TextA > 2100 then .fontsize = 12 End I...

How to count character and space?
How do I create a macro or script to calculate how characters and space in each cell? I import many worksheet to my other program but only import maxinum of total 30 characters and space per cell. I hate to have manually count each cell. Thanks Rocky Do you really need a macro? You could use =LEN(A1) to get the length of the text in cell A1. In article <O9kSqZU9EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Rocky Lam" <RockylamATyahooDOTcom> wrote: > How do I create a macro or script to calculate how characters and space in > each cell? I import many workshe...

Removing/replace special character in a field
I have a table with a field for names. Some entries include the ampersand (&); for example, John & Mary Smith. The database is also FTP to our web site and a query, as a stored procedures, is used on an ASP to display information. The name is selected via a drop-down combo list box on the page. The problem is the & char drives the html validator crazy; 300+ errors, one for each name that contains the &. I know in VBA you can use the replace function to "strip" out a character or string. I've tried substitute and replace in the query but they are not...

How to get a newline
Hello, I am working on a small procedure and it's giving me a headache. I have a file that consists exactly of the following info: Name1/ Name2/ Name3/ I am trying to read each name into a string and display it in a lisbox. Here is what I am doing: TRY { pFile = new CFile(_T("C:\\Data\\SVG\\Web\\layers.txt"), CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyNone); char pbuf [1000]; UINT nBytesRead = pFile->Read(pbuf, sizeof(pbuf)); int z = 0; int i = 0; int count = 0; CString layer; //GET THE DELIMITER NUMBER while (z <...

Tab character in Textfield
Hi there I am using rdlc files within a winform application. There I have RichTextBox where user can enter multiline text. There is no formating but only the tab character is available for the user. Now when i display the report all the tab characters are replaced by a single space and therefore the formating gets lost. Is there a way to make the rdlc files support the tab character? The only option I found was the possibility to change teh MarkupType to HTML, which does not help in my situation. Thanks for any help!! jon ...

Converting characters to text strings
To easily generate texts, I would like to translate text codes into text strings. If A translates into "Text A", B into "Text B" etc, then I would like these texts entered into a column to be shown like this: A "Text A" ABC "Text A, Text B, Text C" BC "Text B, Text C" The triggy issue for me is that I do not know how many characters there are in each string to be translated. It could be 1 or it could be 10. Mogens Use VLOOKUP Make a table with the code in the first column and the full text in the second. Then the VLOOKUP function ca...

How to detect Enter character in a text?
Hi, I use Visual C++ 4.2. I've got questions here: I have to change an application behavior here, there is a CEdit in the application which receive user input. The change I should make is : if there is Enter character in the text, I must change it to <space> character. How to do know if there is Enter character inside the CEdit? and how to change those Enter characters to <space> character? Thank you very much. Once you've moved the input into a CString, you can use Find('\n') to find the Enter. Off the top of my head it's then something like: nPos=sT...

questions about ASCII characters
Hi, I use control derived from CEdit class. I have ASCII text buffer where are stored printable and non-printable characters, every byte is one character, no multibyte characters. I'd like to display this buffer in my derived CEdit control. First questions I have question about ASCII character charts in msdn doc: 1. There are some "pictures" in non-printable ASCII codes, does belong these "pictures" to ASCII standard ? Or on other system with different language settings will be these characters displayed differently ? If it is standard what is needed to set in my ...

newline
in my input box the question is long and need to split it down. How do i get this "please enter name of guests - First name, last name sperated buy a comma" to this "Please enter guests name" "First name, last name" "" "Seperated by a comma" current code ------------ GuestName = InputBox("please enter name of guests - First name, last name sperated buy a comma", "Enter name") big thx GuestName = InputBox("Please enter name of guests" & vbCrLf & "First name, last name" & vbCrLf &...

Remove Final Character from Cell.
Hi All, I am trying to remove the final character from a cell with a find and replace. the cell contents are like the following example. 07APR07A needing to be 07APR07 But other cells in the list are already in the format of 07-Apr-07 07APR07* I have managed to remove the * by using the tide ~ character. So I don't know if there is a similar character to remove the last character only. But am stuck with the last character. Can someone please help. =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "stuart block" <stuartblock@discussions.microso...

tax field read only
My tax field is read only and will not let me change it in settings for orders. Any Ideas why this would be? ...

Chinese Characters in Report
How can Simplified Chinese characters be displayed in a label or textbox on a report? I will need to have some labels and textboxes displaying Simplified Chinese and others displaying English. Is just a font needed or something else? Any advice would be appreciated. -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "AG" <NOSPAMa-giam@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:u48MULPiIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > How can Simplified Chinese characters be displayed in a label or textbox > on > a report? > I will need to have some labels and textboxes displaying S...

Alias with wildcard character
Can I use wildcard characters (such as * for 1 or more characters) in a email address alias? For example, I would like to use the alias case_*.mydomain.com to forward to an existing email account. I'm trying to setup an issue tracking system, which wants to embed the case number into the email address. For example, all email related to case #588 will be sent to address case_588@mydomain.com and that email will be forwarded to an Exchange account. Case number can be from 1 to 6 characters, so manually creating aliases is not an option. Any help/suggestion you can provide is much ...

Typing into excel, 1 cell per character
Does anyone know if there is a way to type in excel, so that the characters are one to a cell. If I typed hello starting at cell A1, each character would be in cells A1 to A5. Without the need to press the right arrow between characters. Is this even possible? :rolleyes: Thanks Nitesh :) -- Snook ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Snook's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26306 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395800 Snook A macro could help, but you'd have to p...

character map
I am trying to use character map to enter a certain symbol into a document. I have the character code and font installed but am having difficulty actually typing in the code. It is the code for a check mark in the Symbols font. It says the code is 0xD6. I believe I am suppose to hold down the ALT key and use the numberic keyboard, but there are no letters on the numberic keyboard. Also I don't know what the "x" means. Does that mean push the "x". I have tryed many different ways to enter this but it does not produce the check mark. Please advise. Al...

Excel 2003
I was given a document in Excel 2003 to clean up. Some of the cells have easily, several hundred characters. Think big paragraphs. Not all of the text is appearing in the cell, probably half. If I double click on the cell, all of the text is visible, but when I click off, only half is showing. Is there a maximum number of characters that a cell can display? I have perused the boards and there are members that seem to have similar problems, but I don't really see any solutions or reasons for the text not displaying. I have played with the cell properties (alignment) in ...

Contacts marked as read-only
Even though users are owners of the contacts they are still unable to edit them and the contacts are marked read-only. How do you remove the read-only for contacts? -- pcampbell I am experiencing this same issue. Did you ever get this resolved? "patrick campbell" wrote: > Even though users are owners of the contacts they are still unable to edit > them and the contacts are marked read-only. How do you remove the read-only > for contacts? > -- > pcampbell ...

newline char wrong!
What stick do I hit VC++ v6.0 with in order to get the newline to equal CRLF? I'm running on a W2K machine... I thought that would be enough, but *no*.... project is a pretty simple dialog-based MFC app, creates a text file for making a ShopBot do a little dance. #define \n \n\r didn't work... pissed me off. __ Steve .. That define will not work because \n needs to be embedded within a character or string constant and macros are not replaced within string constants. Although posting the code you are using might be more helpful than getting pissed off. DOS and Windows use carriage...

disable read only
When transferring data to disc it becomes read only, box is NOT ticked this happens on my pc and laptop Hi Linny First of all please note this is a Microsoft Dynamcis GP forum and not a gernal windows forum. Secondly, you are probably using CD-r's to copy the data to and by nature these are write once disc's making the data read only. Any further questions in this reagrds please post to one of the microsoft general groups. Fliehigh "linny" wrote: > When transferring data to disc it becomes read only, box is NOT ticked this > happens on my pc and laptop ...

Special Character
Some special characters will cause very 'weird' issue in GP and it should be controlled or not to be allowed. 1) Trx>Financial>General 2) Enter/post a trx with reference: AAA' `C 3) post 4) Inquiry>Financial>Detail 5) pull the above trx 6) print to screen ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Receiving read receipts while this option is disabled
I have turned off the option for read receipts. However, I still get a read receipt on occassion. Why is this happening? ...

Develop in 2003, Read/Work in 2002
Does anyone know if I build a table and db in Access 2003 can I transfer and use it on other machines that have Access 2002? Thanks Yes, provided you only use features available in Access 2002. You can convert databases to different versions via the Tools>>Datbase Utilities>>Convert Database menu. Easist thing is to create a dummy db in 2003 with a table and a form, then open it in 2002. :-) Kevin3NF http://www.3nf-inc.com >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know if I build a table and db in Access 2003 >can I transfer and use it on other machines that ha...

Use of special characters in private character editor
I am writing rich text (example Descriptive dictionary words) and require to write mathematical equations etc. Some times I have to write expressions which contain one alphabet raised to the power of another alphabet. How do I do it? I am using MS Vista and Access 2007. I had done such things easily when it was MS XP as the o.s. but now it is not easy. Though I know how to create the special characters using the editor grid, I am unable to get it stored in the reusable character map under private characters with Arial unicode font. When I attempt to do I get some gibberish charac...

How enter newline in text in Excel cell with Enter-key only?
How can I enter newline in text in Excel cell with Enter-key only? (i.e. not having to use Alt-Enter) Got no solution by playing with Tools > Options > Edit tab > Edit directly in cell Tools > Options > Edit tab > Move selection after enter flags or by Wrap option in Format > Cell > Alignment. Hi AFAIK this is not possible "EF. Setz" wrote: > How can I enter newline in text in Excel cell with Enter-key only? > (i.e. not having to use Alt-Enter) > > Got no solution by playing with > Tools > Options > Edit tab > Edit directly in c...