Newbie questions about Email

Hi,
Im having trouble setting up and understanding MS CRM3.0.  I have the SBS
edition installed on a server and all seems to be working correctly except
the incoming email.  Ive gone thru the email routing wizard and I set up an
email address crmsales@mydomain.com, Ive checked in the rules for that
account and it is set to create a new email with an attachment and resend it
to itself.  Ive sent emails to the account, and I see two come in, then they
disappear....where are they going?
What I would like to happen, is for an email that comes into that account to
create a lead, automatically assigned to a user.
Also, I would like to set up another account for techsupport which would
automatically create a support ticket...is this possible with CRM?  Ive tried
trawling thru the docs, and the web, but theres not much info.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks!
D.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

That is not how the router works.  The Sink mailbox used by the router
should NOT receive direct mail from the outside.  It is only used to
auto-create email activities for email that is recieved in a sales reps
inbox.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

0
Matt
2/17/2006 2:48:52 AM
Thanks for the reply Matt,
Is it possible to do what I want to do?

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> That is not how the router works.  The Sink mailbox used by the router
> should NOT receive direct mail from the outside.  It is only used to
> auto-create email activities for email that is recieved in a sales reps
> inbox.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Im having trouble setting up and understanding MS CRM3.0.  I have the SBS
> edition installed on a server and all seems to be working correctly except
> the incoming email.  Ive gone thru the email routing wizard and I set up an
> email address crmsales@mydomain.com, Ive checked in the rules for that
> account and it is set to create a new email with an attachment and resend it
> to itself.  Ive sent emails to the account, and I see two come in, then they
> disappear....where are they going?
> What I would like to happen, is for an email that comes into that account to
> create a lead, automatically assigned to a user.
> Also, I would like to set up another account for techsupport which would
> automatically create a support ticket...is this possible with CRM?  Ive
> tried
> trawling thru the docs, and the web, but theres not much info.
> Hope someone can help.
> Thanks!
> D.

There is not built-in functionality that will do this, but you could write
something like this via the SDK.

--

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> That is not how the router works.  The Sink mailbox used by the router
> should NOT receive direct mail from the outside.  It is only used to
> auto-create email activities for email that is recieved in a sales reps
> inbox.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Im having trouble setting up and understanding MS CRM3.0.  I have the SBS
> edition installed on a server and all seems to be working correctly except
> the incoming email.  Ive gone thru the email routing wizard and I set up
an
> email address crmsales@mydomain.com, Ive checked in the rules for that
> account and it is set to create a new email with an attachment and resend
it
> to itself.  Ive sent emails to the account, and I see two come in, then
they
> disappear....where are they going?
> What I would like to happen, is for an email that comes into that account
> create a lead, automatically assigned to a user.
> Also, I would like to set up another account for techsupport which would
> automatically create a support ticket...is this possible with CRM?  Ive
> tried
> trawling thru the docs, and the web, but theres not much info.
> Hope someone can help.
> Thanks!
> D.

0
Matt

Please help with Excel VB question
Hi, I'm trying to set a Name range in Excel through VB, by setting the name property when a specific cell in a worksheet is changed. The code is as follows: fred1 = CStr("=PL!$A$4:$E$" Worksheets("Control").Range("maxnumpass").Value) ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="numpasslist", RefersTo:=fred1 My problem is that the change is only active for the worksheet where I change the cell. Is it possible to ensure that this change takes effect across all worksheets in the workbook? Any and all help appreciated either in a reply to this post or on jgal...

Multithreading Question
Hi, I am writing a multithreaded server application. I have written a class to handle thread(CThread , say) activities like creating, suspending, resuming threads etc. I have derived a class from CThread (CMainThread, say) and a class (CClientThread, say) to handle client connection which is also derived from CThread. In CMainThread class i am creating a thread and waiting for incomming connections. As soon as a connection came i am creating an object for CClientThread and call the function to create a thread and so on. code flow: 1. Start the main listening thread. 2. wait for a con...

MS CRM Certification question

Remote office email problem
Hi, I have a remote office with 2 Windows XP workstation + Outlook 2000. In main office, we have Exchange server 5.5, no OWA. The two offices are connected by VPN devices, the bandwith is 1-3M. The question is: 1. In remote office, what client should I use, Outlook 2000 or OE? which one is more efficient? or using OWA? 2. If using Outlook 2000, which mode should I use? Corporate or Internet mode? If using Corporate mode, should I join the remote 2 PC to our main office Windows 2000 Domain? Thanks for your help. Michael It all depends what you want them to have. If they use OE, they can only...

update trigger question
If I have something like this in an update trigger: if update(FirstName) or update(LastName) begin update n set FullName = i.FirstName + ' ' + i.LastName from Names n inner join inserted i on n.NameID = i.NameID end I only want FullName to update if either FirstName or LastName are updated. Here's my question. A batch update updates 50 rows in the table. Of the 50, only 20 have changes made to the FirstName or LastName columns. It's my understanding that the "if update()" ONLY allows 20 rows that fit the if update criteria to be updated in the...

Really simple questions re CSliderCtrl
Using SetSelection() I can get a CSliderCtrl to display a highlighted selection ... but so what? What use is it other than to look pretty? Which of the following is possible, and how do I do them? (1) Prevent the user from moving the thumb outside the highlighted range. (This seems to be what the documentation suggests that SetSelection does, but in fact it doesn't, the thumb can be moved outside the selection.) (2) Have the user change the selection. (The documentation seems to suggest this is possible, but I can find no combination of keystrokes or mouse actions that will do it.) -- ...

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

No send button for emails from Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
I am trying to send photos from Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, but there is no send button. Help! Right click on the image and choose Send To-> Mail Recipient -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Deb in OR" <Deb in OR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE87D89F-65E0-4A79-8E68-F27BB8481CB5@microsoft.com... > I am trying to send photos from W...

how do I send a email to a email address as "test@office"?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C5EADE.E3FFAB30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit out local office use the email address as test@office but outlook 2003 does not accept this address.how can I do? ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C5EADE.E3FFAB30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; c...

multithreading question
I drive my game's physics engine using a simple loop running on its own thread. It invokes Thread.Sleep(1) when processing takes little or no time (under 4ms) to allow real time to catch up. For heavier loads the loop uses bigger timeslices, up to 20ms, with no sleeps. Since this is a multithreaded application, I decided to break out CHESS to test the object (render) buffer for problems. But CHESS hates Thread.Sleep() - it fails any test that hits one, calls it a livelock. I ended up switching out the original realtime loop with a high resolution multimedia timer, but I ...

Sharing Emails with different account
Hi, I would like to share emails that are downloaded with other accounts on the same computer. Is there any way to set it up in outlook instead going after the file in the directory? My OS is WinXP and using Outlook 2002. Thank you. Andy Leave the mail on the server and allow each account to download the mail to their local store. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Forwarding Emails Get Messed Up

Cannot send email with word attachment
When I send an email I get the following message. I have tried the resolution noted but it does not work. This continually occurs and I don't know why. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'hr...

Email Setup Questions
Howdy and Happy New Year! I just bought a new computer and I'm trying to set up Outlook. Other than logging onto work email using the internet from a hotel o at home, I've never used Outlook away from work. I have several different email accounts: Hotmail, AOL, and work emai (which uses Outlook). Is it possible to utilize Outlook to retrieve my emails from th separate accounts? Can I setup each of the folders for the differen email accounts all on the left side? After I set it up, how does Outlook know which account I'm using when send email? Hotmail? Work? I need h...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

Emails not being delivered
Hello, A client cannot send emails to her home email address with AOL from her work email address through Exchange 2003. However, she informs that friends outside of her workplace, CAN send emails to her AOL address at her home. (1) Therefore, it seems that pop3 on the outside is working for her. Is it likely AOL are blocking emails from Exchange. (2) Also, it doesn't just happen with AOL, there are many others that don't get delivered. She can send emails to my company's exchange server fro her company's Exchanger server, but agin, alot of emails sent to other address...

Outlook2000
Hi, Has anyone seen this error before? I am running Outlook 2000 SP1. In email messages: When I click on hyperlinks not underlined in blue (i.e. embedded in pictures etc...) Instead of bringing up a browser window, it brings up "Locate Browser Link" window. Attempting locate an excecutable file. Also, when I automatically check for available updates - it says the following - thus, I am afraid to install any service packs: :"NOTE: Detection shows that Office products on your computer have been updated by your Office product administrator from the administrati...

General design question
hi! i'd like to design a class - let's call it CDrawObject - that is able to contain some data and draw itself. furthermore i'd like to have a class CDrawMultiObject that is derived from CDrawObject and can contain objects of type CDrawObject. i imagine to have the following situation: CDrawMultiObject -> base object (i.e. an object manager ) CDrawObject -> first element CDrawObject -> secound element CDrawMultiObject -> third element CDrawObject -> first element CDrawObject...

Replying to emails with attachments
One of our users is complaining that often when he is forwarding a message with attachments, and opens one of the attachements for review before sending - the process of opening the document sends the email automatically. This is usually before he has completed the email, so is very frustrating. Has anyone lese experienced this? Unfortunately, we could not re-create this scenario on his PC. No, sounds like user error to me. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 -----...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

Unable to resize image in email signature
I am not able to resize an image that is in my email signature. When I click on the image, the box and the drag points appear, but I cannot drag and resize the image using any of the drag points. I have only been able to size the image using paint and then insert it in the signature. I can resize the image when the signature has been added to an email just not in the signature create/edit feature. Does anyone else have the problem and were you able to correct it. I am using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7. "djungst" <djungst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

HTML links in email
How can I configure Outlook to open a new browser window when I click on an HTML link in an email? It's extremely frustrating to lose the window that I have open - like a live chat session - because outlook uses the most recently opened window for an email link. ...

Printing question
We are having an issue with LPR printing using our software in conjucntion with a Windows 2008 server which is preventing us from being able to flash images to a printer from our application. We use Universe, SB+ and SBClient and would use the DOS shell from inside SBClient to use LPR print commands to send the images to the printer, this has worked fine on all other Windows servers but not 2008. What happens is when you drop to DOS you can browse to the %systemroot%\system32 folder and do a dir but you cannot see LPR. If you do the same from a normal command prompt the file ...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...