New user profile cannot access CRM

Howdy,

I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created
me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's
the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs,
and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do
I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE?

Thanks,

David Lozzi
dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com

0
David
6/5/2006 1:40:54 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped
out the CRM for Outlook configuration information.  Don't know if there is
"solution" for you here other than a complete re-install fo the plugin.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"David Lozzi" <dlozzi@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
Howdy,

I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created
me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's
the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs,
and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do
I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE?

Thanks,

David Lozzi
dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com

0
Matt
6/5/2006 4:40:53 PM
The easiest way to correctly uninstall the application is to restore your old
profile and uninstall the  Outlook client, then reinstall it using your new
profile.
--
Laszlo Kovacs
MCSE+S, MCT, Microsoft Dynamics Certified Master

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped
> out the CRM for Outlook configuration information.  Don't know if there is
> "solution" for you here other than a complete re-install fo the plugin.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "David Lozzi" <dlozzi@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created
> me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's
> the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs,
> and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do
> I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Lozzi
> dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com

create folder to all users
i am searching for a way to create a folder called search and replay under the outbox folder. i do not wish to use a plublic folder. the search and replay folder will open up to a web page. i need to know if there is any way of creating this folder without going to each of the workstations. we are running exchange 2003 w/ mixed outlook versions (200,xp,2003). please offer me any ideas you might have. thank you for your help. You'll have to script a solution. Nothing native in Exchange will let you do this and deploy to existing users. Nue "murr" <martynaughton@gmail....

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores.
HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores. As of RMS 1.3.???, HQ users can indeed create ship-to records at the stores. I'm told that RMS doesn't handle this properly. There are problems created when stores are messing around with global customers. I suspect that MS will 'fix' this by eliminating the ability of stores to add Ship-To records. I have a customer, ABC Fitness, who has one office, but several gyms. I repair the treadmills at their various gym locations. I have each service site set up as a Ship-To in RMS, within the ABC global customer ac...

Default properties for new folders

CRM 3.0 Installation 11-07-05
When installing CRM 3.0, just after I accept the licence agreement, I get the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation font Tahoma doesn't support style Regular Can anyone help? The server I'm installing on is also a Sharepoint Portal Server, should this cause any issues? Thanks, Dan. Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dan Baird" <DanBaird@d...

User Calendar Vanished
Hello, Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have vanished! for dates prior to June 05 This is not a big deal, but i thought a little odd.. any reason anyone might know of why this would happen? one thing i suggest was that some data archived off has been deleted.. do archives include calendar data ? thanks On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:44:28 -0800, "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have >vanished! for dates prior to June 05 > >This is...

New Email Messages

records in ms access 2000 ramdomly being deleted
we're using access 2000 and vb6 under winxp We have a program use for sales. Every afternoon the users send their transaction data for the day to our main office. The weird thing is... if they have 20 transactions for the day, those records where sent to main office (and its uploaded in our sql table). The next day the users open the program, the 20 transactions were no longer in their table. Users don't have access to delete the transactions. Thanks in advance "allan" <allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A284F1-A6D9-4249-9B72-E1C2DC5906F2...

Link to CRM Case from Email Template
Hi There, How can i make a direct link to the CRM Case from my Email Template. Currently i have Email Notification Template as below but CRM URL is not working as its giving me blank ================================ Dear Team, This is an Automated Microsoft Customer Relationship Management notification to inform you that a a Low Case Created with following details and it has been sent to your Unit Queue. Case Number : CAS-12323-GTCD Case Type : Request Case Priority : Low (4) Case Title : Configuration Case Description : Configuration Case Initiator : SAM Case Unit : IT Cas...

Transfering Access 2000 file to Access 97
How do I save a Access 2000 file so it can be opened using Office 97 Access. Is it possible Hi Stewart, You will need to convert it to Access 97 as follows: - Select the menu option Tools > Database Utilities > Convert Database > To Access 97 file format I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please respond back to this posting. Regards, Eric Butts Microsoft Access Support "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises you to review the informatio...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

multiple profiles in outlook: outlook does not prompt
hello outlook gurus, i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a profile selection and outlook is started with the profile i defined first. any ideas what is going wrong ? thanx alot tim tim braun <tim.braun@freesurf.ch> wrote: > i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting > to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. > but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a pr...

Adding new pages

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

Publisher Users, a program suggestion for you
Publisher Folks, For years now, when trying to find a Publisher file of which I forgot the file name, would attempt to find the file using a phrase with Windows XP Search. It would always fail. While over on the Windows XP news group one of the folks suggested using Agent Ransack, a file finding program. It does a great job finding Publisher files when providing a word or phrase contained within the file. If you have a need...... http://www.mythicsoft.com/default.aspx -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA ...

New User has admin rights

CRM 3.0
When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Any ideas why? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_0A1767AF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: > Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an > empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Probably a .NET 2.0 issue. See...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder