New size of the attribute <GUID> exceeds the SQL server row limit

When I try to create a new string attribute I receive this message

 Event Type: Error
 Event Source: DMSNAPIN
 Event Category: None
 Event ID: 0
dmLog: New size of the attribute ({19CA6717-9191-4C62-9944-C425DAFD75A3})
exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.
 I am working whit MS CRM V 1.2

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Basically, there is a limit to how big the row can be in the database.  8000
bytes is the max and the field you are trying to add exceeds that limit.

Try a smaller string - otherwise you will need to do a complete re-install,
and then not add as many fields to that object.

Good luck.

Steve C.

"Katyc" wrote:

> When I try to create a new string attribute I receive this message
>
>  Event Type: Error
>  Event Source: DMSNAPIN
>  Event Category: None
>  Event ID: 0
> dmLog: New size of the attribute ({19CA6717-9191-4C62-9944-C425DAFD75A3})
> exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.
>  I am working whit MS CRM V 1.2

Try to limit text fields as they consume double the character space (i.e.
text field of 50 characters actually uses 100 bytes).  Also there are
numerous fields on each object that can be hijacked as they aren't used on
the forms.

Attribute   Size
Text\string Double
Date\Time   8
Boolean     1
Integer     8 or 10(?) can't remember
memo        16
picklist    16

You can run the following query from enterprise manager to determine the
remaining column length on each object:

SELECT ob.name [Table Name], sum(col.length) [Max column Length]
from sysobjects ob, syscolumns col
where ob.id = col.id and ob.xtype = 'U'
group by ob.name

Good luck!

"Steve C." wrote:

> Basically, there is a limit to how big the row can be in the database.  8000
> bytes is the max and the field you are trying to add exceeds that limit.
>
> Try a smaller string - otherwise you will need to do a complete re-install,
> and then not add as many fields to that object.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Steve C.
>
> "Katyc" wrote:
>
> > When I try to create a new string attribute I receive this message
> >
> >  Event Type: Error
> >  Event Source: DMSNAPIN
> >  Event Category: None
> >  Event ID: 0
> > dmLog: New size of the attribute ({19CA6717-9191-4C62-9944-C425DAFD75A3})
> > exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.
> >  I am working whit MS CRM V 1.2

I am having the same problem too. I have to create around 150 fields for
opportunity entity and it run out of limit. I carefully calculated the
length not to exceed the limit before i create the attributes. But when i
look at the xml file after exported, for the strings, it doubled the
length of what I am creating. Microsoft said there's a bug and they have
update for CRM 1.0 The problem is I am using 1.2 so it won't update. If
anyone has a way to work around, can you share with us?

Thanks,
Zaw

0
zaw
10/25/2004 9:32:00 PM
I found the problem guys/girls. CRM store the string as nvarchar in the
database. nvarchar needs 2 bytes to store 1 character. So if you set the
length 100 actually means it will take 200 bytes in your database. Since
MS-SQL can only store up to 8000 bytes per row, it can exceed easily if
you creating lots of fields and do not careful about the string length.

Hope it help. Looks like I have to redo all the fields again :)

0
zaw

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Physically moving RAID volumes between two servers
I wasn't really sure where to post this, and I realize it isn't a Windows issue, but... We have two Dell servers (PowerEdge 2900 and PowerEdge 2900 II), but running Windows 2003. Both servers have a RAID 1 for OS and a RAID 5 for Data. I'd like to take the RAID 5 off the old server and move to the new server and retain all data. Yes, I do have a backup, but I'd prefer not to have to restore. I understand RAID data is written to the drives, so I thought maybe I could do this with little headache, but I don't have a system to try this on. Does anyone know if thi...

Increasing size of store #2
Hey guys, Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think they are necessary. Thanks in advance On 3 Apr 2007 09:24:10 -0700, draelive@gmail.com wrote: >Hey guys, > >Is there an downside to increasing the store size to 75 gb in >standard? Also, is it okay to delete PreDefragLogFile's older then >last year? The log files are taking up 40gb of space and i dont think >they are necessary. > >Thanks in advance You...

New Location/New setup

Huge spreadsheet spanning 600 rows...
User wanted this to print on 11x14..it spanned the entire page and then some..where would I first look to edit to make this easy to read. Hi you might want to investigate data / format / autoformat to limit the number of row printed at a time or you might like to have a look under file / page setup - sheet tab for rows to repeat on each page (ie headings) & the printing of gridlines other than that you'll need to give us a more specific idea of what you're trying to achieve. Cheers JulieD "~D~" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uQU4Z$mqEHA.3...

How do I activate the new mail button

changing the SQL query on CRdc / CMSFlexGrid...example anywhere?
Hello, I have an application that connects to my remote database. I want to use the same window with CMSFlexGrid class to display the resukts from a query. Unfortunately, with my current setup the flex grid only displays the query results from the pre-runtime SQL property setting. Changing the SQL property in the connected CRdc and refreshing both remote data and CMSFlexGrid doesn't update to the new query. ie: void CDatabase_searchDlg::OnButton1() { //change to the new SQL query ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(IDC_REMOTEDATACTL1))->SetSql("SELECT * FROM data"); ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(I...

Style available all sheets new or old

Re: server and client threads
On 2/3/2005 1:07 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> The server just keeps a list of threads that it spawns. Then when it -> is time to shut down, the server can signal each thread in an -> appropriate way (message, event, etc) that it should close down in an -> orderly way. Given the list of threads (handles or other identifier), -> you can also forcibly shut down any spawned thread that doesn't -> respond properly to the shutdown request. Yes, but what about the case where the connection has completed and the thread terminates. How then does the server get signa...

Adding new pages

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

using variables to select rows
I see that this subject has been raised several times but the response so far do not seem to help me. (I might be a bit slow on the uptake) My problem is that in order to export a spread sheet to anothe application successfully, I need to delete all of the blank rows fro the end of the sheet. I have 200+ sheets with varying lengths so I nee to automate. I have a macro the works well providing I enter a constant in place o the variable "DeleteRowsFromRowNumber" as shown below. DeleteRowsFromRowNumber is declared as an integer Rows("DeleteRowsFromRowNumber:65500").Selec...