New license key for upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0

Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
accepted!

Thanks in advance,
~Maria
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads.
The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
accepted!

Thanks in advance,
~Maria

0
mattp651 (48)
1/8/2008 4:15:31 PM
Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??

~Maria

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads.
> The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>

> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
> during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
> accepted!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> ~Maria

It means use the trial upgrade keys now, then get apply the real ones later

> Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??
>
> ~Maria
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the
>> downloads.
>> The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>>

>> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
>> during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
>> accepted!
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> ~Maria

0
discussions (171)
1/8/2008 9:55:01 PM
The trial is good for 90 days.  We should all have 4.0 keys by then, hopefully.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> It means use the trial upgrade keys now, then get apply the real ones later
>

> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??
> >
> > ~Maria
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> >> Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the
> >> downloads.
> >> The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Matt Parks
> >> MVP - Dynamics CRM
> >>

> >> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message
> >> Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
> >> during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
> >> accepted!
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> ~Maria

0
Bob4289 (354)
1/9/2008 12:14:02 AM
Hi Maria -

Did you updgrade with the trial key?  How did it work for you, any issues?

TIA -

Lawrence

"Maria Greendyk" wrote:

> Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??
>
> ~Maria
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads.
> > The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Dynamics CRM
> >

> > "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
> > during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
> > accepted!
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > ~Maria

0
Lawrence (25)

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

11.3.3 update causes Problems
I have autoupdates turned on, and this is the first update that has caused problems for me. I've figured out that post-update (which has been applied 3 times), if Entourage is running, I can not launch Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. I get an error telling me that it cannot load the Shared Libraries. If Entourage is not running, everything starts fine. I can then start Entourage. This is extremely inconvenient, as I use Entourage for my work email. What's the workaround for this? Is there a known issue with the updated? I am running MacOS X 10.4.8 on a 15" MacBook Pro with the...

Default properties for new folders

Send on behalf of #4
How do I make it look like a send on behalf message look like it really came from the person that it is being sent on behalf of Unfortunately it is not possible to make the "Send on behalf of" look like it came directly from that person. This is by design because it keeps people from sending e-mail from another persons account without the receipient know who actually sent the mail. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >C...

New Email Messages

CRM 3.0 Installation 11-07-05
When installing CRM 3.0, just after I accept the licence agreement, I get the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation font Tahoma doesn't support style Regular Can anyone help? The server I'm installing on is also a Sharepoint Portal Server, should this cause any issues? Thanks, Dan. Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dan Baird" <DanBaird@d...

VBA Sort method w/more than 3 Keys
How can I sort a worksheet in VBA on more than 3 columns? Same way as manually. Sort multiple times. Sort by the 3 most minor columns first, then the next 3 most minor, ..., until you get to the 3 most major. KenRoy wrote: > > How can I sort a worksheet in VBA on more than 3 columns? -- Dave Peterson ...

Five key ingredients to have successful Business
If you have an idea to start your own Small Business, you should know which the five crucial needs for small businesses are: 1. Idea - You want to start business, but not have idea about what that business should be. The key is that idea must be generated from somewhere; otherwise it is impossible to start a business. 2. Knowledge and Experience - Many people attempt to enter a field in which they have a limited experience. Before you enter in the business spend time in the field that you are contemplating. 3. Capital - A lot of new businesses fail because they do not have sufficient start-...

Line Graphs #3
Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while leaving the rest unshaded? Yep, try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html _______ "SecretaryII" <SecretaryII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96672ABF-085A-4B98-9CA6-2302A9F458B4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to shade...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Locking Cells #4
Hi all....I'm having one of those days where nothing is going right. I am trying to lock a certain group of cells so that they cannot be formated, but the other cells around them can be. I also want to be able to lock those cells so that the row height and column width don't change. I tried using Microsoft Office, and it isn't explaining it very well. Can someone help, please??? Detailed directions, if possible. Wendi: First, unprotect the entire sheet by clicking in the square located above the row numbers and to the left of the column letters. This will select the ...

Re: Re: Product key needed for Microsoft Office v.X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I do not have the product key and the v.X CD I have is a copied version not the original. As far as I can tell by checking all the files, everything was copied over to my new mac. If no one can supply me with a product key I will have to purchase another version. > I do not have the product key and the v.X CD I have is a copied version not the original. As far as I can tell by checking all the files, everything was copied over to my new mac. If no one can supply me with a product key I will have to purchase another ve...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

CRM 3.0
When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Any ideas why? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_0A1767AF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: > Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an > empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Probably a .NET 2.0 issue. See...

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...