New Exchange Server

We are trying to get a new Exchange Server up and running in our company.
Everything is working fine, EXCEPT CRM. When we unplug the old Exchange box,
CRM email (at least outgoing, probably incoming too) stops working.

We have installed the CRM Email Router on the new Exchange box. However,
when we installed it, the old box was still up and running.

We are receiving SOAP error messages on the new box, even when the old one
is turned on.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0
Paul
11/18/2004 4:27:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you uninstall the router from the old Exchange server?

The router config adds an entry in the registry on the CRM server that contains
the location of the Exchange servers.  In your case, there will be entries for
both Exchange servers present and it is still trying to send to the old server.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:27:17 -0500, "Paul McBride" <pmcbride@comcast.net> wrote:

We are trying to get a new Exchange Server up and running in our company.
Everything is working fine, EXCEPT CRM. When we unplug the old Exchange box,
CRM email (at least outgoing, probably incoming too) stops working.

We have installed the CRM Email Router on the new Exchange box. However,
when we installed it, the old box was still up and running.

We are receiving SOAP error messages on the new box, even when the old one
is turned on.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0
Matt

Constant Outlook crash after Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration
We are an Exchange 5.5 shop (gasp!) and we have finally begun our migration to Exchange 2003. I was able to build our first 2K3 server, and have it joined successfully into our 5.5 environment. The ADC is up and running and is transferring data back and forth as I expect it to. Unfortunately I still have some lingering issues, one of which is a complete showstopper. This main problem is that both of the accounts I have moved from a 5.5 server to the 2003 server have *constant* crashes in Outlook 2003. All I have to do is change to another folder, and at least 60% of the time I will get a...

CRM3.0 needs to support single Exchange 2007
Microsoft CRM needs to support Exchange 2007 without the need to have an Exchange 2000/2003 server deployed. It is not acceptable for customers to wait and be expected to wait to CRm4.0 is released then upgrade to this CRM version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Migration Wizard in Exchange 2003
Hello, I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using the Inter-Organization Migration Method utilizing the Migration Wizard. I understand that the Migration Wizard migrates the Exchange Directory and Mailbox Data to Exchange 2003. How can I prevent it from migration the directory and migrate only the mailbox data (just like exmerge)? What I am noticing, the migrated user ends up with several e-mail address of various type which is coming from 5.5. I don't want that junk in my new Exchange 2003 environment specially when they are worthless because they don't exist. When I cre...

Subforms won't refresh after new record 11-19-09
Access 2003, XP Pro I have a main form frmDestination with two subforms. I go to records by clicking on some list boxes. To add a new record, I (1) Select Records, Data Entry. (2) Make a selection in cboGeography on frmDestination (3) Enter text in txtName and make a selection in a combo on fsubName (4) Make a selection in cboPtOf on fsubPartOf fsubPartOf has some code on the After Update event that saves the new record and then goes to a previously selected record in cboDestination on the main form. If Me.Dirty Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Me.Parent.Requery ...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Non taxable exchange of mutual funds
What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable exchange of mutual funds in ms money? In microsoft.public.money, Fred Kennedy wrote: >What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable >exchange of mutual funds in ms money? > Handling a Mutual Fund Reorg or conversion from B to A shares. If your mutual fund is involved in a tax-free reorganization, your "B" shares are being converted to [fewer generally] "A" shares, or a merger where you don't originally hold both funds: 1. Do an appropriate split of the...

Exchange SMTP forwarding
Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using authentication. Thanks, David =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgR3JlZW5l?= <DavidGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DE97CE9E-2B5D-44BA-A368-CFEC11170D39@microsoft.com: > Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to > forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using > authentication. Which version of Exchange are you using? I'm sure we can point you to a tutorial ;) Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.excha...

Antigen on Exchange
This question is for the Antigen users. I am new with the software and I am just using the trial right now? Do a lot of you like the software? I am kind of confused by it's Incidents and Quarantine reports. I get that it found them, and I know that Antigen is setup to clean, but it doesn't let me know if it was able to clean them or not. I want to make sure that these viruses and SPAM e-mail messages are being removed. I added more words to the filters, but all it does is notify me that they have come through. It doesn't actually block them. I think the same goes for the vir...

Public folder Exchange 2003 #2
When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following message: Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones. Regards Per Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following >message: > >Unable to...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

New WLM version ?
I ran into this link : Windows Live Mail - Microsoft Download Center. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56883de5-2024-4631-806e-757693072a1c&displaylang=en The version says : 14.0.8092.0805 Is that a new version ? Mine is 14.0.8089.0726, and I thought it was the current version. Thank you. t-4-2 My version is 14.0.8117.0416 -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "t-4-2" <t42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63DDA24B-BC83-4488-8D07-B062FA77C883@microsoft.com... >...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

The new member could not be added
Hi, I could find an answer to this for Outlook 2002 but not for Outlook 2003. Is the answer the same? We are using SBS 2003. The error is: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." List was at 132 members. there is a limit on the number of entries that can be added to a personal distribution list...I've heard different numbers...but 130 is close...only way around this is to "nest" distribution groups, or create the group in AD so it's in the GAL... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Pa...

Doesn't remember password after Echange server change
Ok, now it has happened to me too. After my company changed their Echange server today, I cannot manage Outlook 2003 to remember my password. I've tried many solutions that I found via Google or in the newsgroups, nothing worked and now I'm stuck. I've tried to delete the subfolder in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and tried several things in "Stored User Names and Passwords" (via Manage my network passwords in Control Panel | User Accounts) as well. When I do a system restore to yesterday's situation, it DOES...

Adding and removing Exchange 2003 Servers
I currently have 1 front end exchange server and 4 back end exchange servers. I am adding 2 larger backend servers. I want to migrate the first for server mailboxes to the 2 lager servers and then remove the first 4 server from my exchange env. Since my front end server is staying in place, and I add the two new server in before i remove the others should I have SMTP routing issues when I remove the first four back end servers. Can anyone suggest the best way to to what I am about to do, am I on the right track. Thanks, Mike I just wanted to add. The current front end server is EX20...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

OWA 5.5 with Exchange 2003 Backend
Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be running in the site? Any insight would be helpful TIA! "Scott" <swilliams@internosis.com> wrote in message news:OVyMlHGjEHA.1904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access > Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be > running in the site? > > Any insight would be helpful > > TIA! You might try this; it's for E2K, but I t...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

new user
I am looking for a way to link cells in a range from a row on one sheet to a range in a colum on another sheet. Is there a quick way to do this as i am attepmting to create 25 linked pages for info sorting. thanks Lee, I'm not sure I quite understand what you're doing, but this is how I tried to replicate what you describe. 1-On one worksheet, I entered some values in a row (Sheet1!A10:M10). 2-On another worksheet, I selected a cell (Sheet2!A1), typed an equal sign, switched to the first worksheet, clicked the first cell in the row (A10), and pressed Enter. That linked me to the f...

IMS
We have a back end Exchange 2003 cluster with two front end servers. How do you point the back end server to use both front end servers? How do you balance traffic across the two front end servers? Thanks! Use load balancing, either hardware based or software based (like Windows NLB) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "John Stockball" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1183601c441c7$5b755510$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We have a back end Exchange 2003 cluster with two front > en...

Removing Windows 2000 SBS Server from domain
Hi All, I've heard some horror stories about removing Windows 2000 SBS server from the domain. The machine is legacy, does not run exchange. Only runs SQL server for a legacy app. All the roles have been transfered to another domain controller for over a year. I am looking at the easiest way to demote this computer without removing it from the domain. We are looking to put Exchange 2010 in the domain and we cannot do this with this server being a domain controller. Any advice appreciated. You're outta luck. SBS (all versions) _must_ be a DC and hold all FSMO ...

Exchange 5.5 Tracking Log
Hi all, For the tracking service at Exchange 5.5, log files should be placed at the floder => c:\exchsrvr\tracking.log\. But all log files are deleted by virus and tracking service gets error that can't find log files. Do you have any idea to resume tracking service. Please help. Thanks Exchange will recreate the tracking logs if the directory exists, is shared correctly and has the correct permissions. If you actually mean the database logs, that's different. Are the logs in your virus quarantine? If so, put them back into the right place. If not, at the very least, sto...

making a new checkbox... that checks or unchecks
I added a checkbox, experimented with the properties. I can uncheck the box by changing the "Value" box to false or check the box by changing the "Value" box to true. I would like to just check or uncheck the box, but Excel will not do that. Am I in the correct mode or what? > Am I in the correct mode or what? Or what, most likely. My guess is it's a checkbox from the Control ToolBox and you're still in Design Mode. The first button on the CTB should be "Exit Design Mode" ; if it looks "pressed in" (it's a toggle) just click it. HT...