New CRM Database Views

I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report
requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and
I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM
database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views?
0
bradlaw (133)
5/16/2008 9:13:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

 If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database
then you will see the ffiltered views of table.
I have created Reports in Business intelligence  by using existing
views of CRM .

These views correspond to the security role of crm users.

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
5/17/2008 10:52:15 AM
Hello there,

It's a good practice to create a new database to hold your new views,
just like you read about. The only remark is about taking your new
database (and views) to the CRM Client Offline, when needed, of
course.

You'll have to save your connection string to this new database inside
somewhere in your application (or in the server registry). And if you
have Outlook Client Offline, this connection string should be
available too.

I mean, there isn't much of a secret about it. You really need to
create another database and remember where it will be neede (only
online, only in a offline report, or both).

Regards,
Leo Lopes @ L3
0
leonardol (6)
5/17/2008 2:54:58 PM
Amir the existing views do have the data but I feat that the
complexity of the SQL will be very slow for use by a dashboards.

Leo, thanks for the suggestions, it appears to be more hours involved
than we are getting paid for (Pilot). I'll need to look into using the
existing views I suppose.
0
bradlaw (133)
5/20/2008 1:10:49 PM
Not sure what you are concerned about with the Filtered views, but if you
need to enforce the row-level security that CRM has, then that is your only
option.  Bypassing these views will end up with access to all records
(assuming you have done the needed SQL grants).

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
Amir the existing views do have the data but I feat that the
complexity of the SQL will be very slow for use by a dashboards.

Leo, thanks for the suggestions, it appears to be more hours involved
than we are getting paid for (Pilot). I'll need to look into using the
existing views I suppose.

0
mattp651 (48)

CRM is broke
I have recently reinstall crm and I have huge problem. I have no way to administer the server. When I open the deployment manager, all I have is the license manager. No Server Manager, No User manager NOTHING. I need some help in resolving this issue. I got that too, but only when I logged on as a user (me) who wasn't the one who installed CRM. I was guessing that it could be related to me not being domain admin or something. I've gone through the e-Learning courses and the chapter on the Deployment manager just mentions: There are a couple of prerequisites to using Deploymen...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

Dynamics CRM-Accounting Pro 2007
Why is there not a connector for CRM to Account Pro 2007? Especially since there is one from CRM to business contact manager?! I thought microsofts big plan was to integrate everything, yet these two softwares, which would seem like a perfect fit to me, do not even talk to each other. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...

CRM 3.0 Installation 11-07-05
When installing CRM 3.0, just after I accept the licence agreement, I get the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation font Tahoma doesn't support style Regular Can anyone help? The server I'm installing on is also a Sharepoint Portal Server, should this cause any issues? Thanks, Dan. Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dan Baird" <DanBaird@d...

New Email Messages

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

Database-design question
I'm designing a database which tracks people's experience and preference for working abroad. People apply at least for one or more categories of jobs and sometimes they also have preferences for certain countries for those categories. I'm thinking about the following many-table for preferences: ID_preference ID_person ID_category ID_country Btw: If they change their preferences I don't need to keep the former preferences. For experience and current or future workplace I'm thinking about a table like: ID_experience ID_person ID_category ID_country Da...

New Location/New setup

Link to CRM Case from Email Template
Hi There, How can i make a direct link to the CRM Case from my Email Template. Currently i have Email Notification Template as below but CRM URL is not working as its giving me blank ================================ Dear Team, This is an Automated Microsoft Customer Relationship Management notification to inform you that a a Low Case Created with following details and it has been sent to your Unit Queue. Case Number : CAS-12323-GTCD Case Type : Request Case Priority : Low (4) Case Title : Configuration Case Description : Configuration Case Initiator : SAM Case Unit : IT Cas...

On Registry Tweaks for WLMail 14x (Quick views & Line wrap)
Now, WLMail 14x was programmed with a solution to help overcome the bug = whereby the Quick views would sometimes break. The solution was to cause = the Quick views to rebuild every five starts of WLMail via the Registry = Key->"Value" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live = Mail->"SearchFolderLaunchesUntilRebuild". This slows down the Start of WLMail for but a few seconds, but the Quick = views database takes many more seconds to completely rebuild, while = using quite high CPU. My first workaround to this annoyance was simply to export the r...

CRM and Exchange 2003
Hello all! I searched long and hard for the answer, but as you all know, good info on CRM is hard to find... Here's my issue: We are currently running Exchange 2000, and plan to install CRM. I know about Server 2003 compatability issues, so we are will be installing CRM on Server 2000, and will use SQL Server 2000 as well. However, we are just a small part of a much larger entity who is planning on moving everything to Exchange 2003 VERY soon! So, if everything else stays the same (2000) and we upgrade our Exchange Server to 2003, will CRM get hosed? or will life still be tranq...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

CRM 3.0
When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Any ideas why? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_0A1767AF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: > Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an > empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Probably a .NET 2.0 issue. See...

New User has admin rights