New Address type picklist value not appearing in picklist on forms

Hi,
I've customized my Customer Address form to add a new AddressType value of
"Registered Office"; value is 6 and I can see it when I go into the form
customization editor.
However, when I try to add a new address to, say, a Contact, this new
address type value isn't shown. Ditto if I attempt to edit an existing
address.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
--
Michael Mayne
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you publish the forms and then issue an IISRESET?

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:21:04 -0800, Mic Mayne <micspam@jadegroup.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,
I've customized my Customer Address form to add a new AddressType value of
"Registered Office"; value is 6 and I can see it when I go into the form
customization editor.
However, when I try to add a new address to, say, a Contact, this new
address type value isn't shown. Ditto if I attempt to edit an existing
address.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

0
Matt
12/1/2004 8:01:54 PM
Matt,
Sorry, no. I (foolishly?) followed the online help which made no mention of
this. OK, how to I publish a form? Just point me to the relevant docs and
I'll figure it out...
Thanks
Michael

1)Open the Deployment Manager
2)right click on the root ->all tasks -> publish customisation
3) select object (account if you changed the account form)
4) start crm

--
Christian

support@mscrm-addons.com
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
    GroupCalendar,
    ActivitySummary,
    Outlook-Forms for SFO,..

"Mic Mayne" <micspam@jadegroup.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Matt,
> Sorry, no. I (foolishly?) followed the online help which made no mention
of
> this. OK, how to I publish a form? Just point me to the relevant docs and
> I'll figure it out...
> Thanks
> Michael

0
Support
12/2/2004 7:43:38 AM
Christian,
Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Hi Mic,

don't forget to do also to restart the IIS (like Matt said)
to do so go to Start at the server and click on --> Settings --> Control
Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services
At the bottom you will find the < WorldWide Webb Publish Service > do a
right click at this and choose < Restart >

You will need to do this often so better make a schortcut of the Services

succes
Leo

"Mic Mayne" wrote:

> Christian,
> Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Actually, you don't need a shortcut.  Just run the command "IISRESET".

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Mic Mayne" wrote:

> Christian,
> Thanks. I'll give it a go.

0
Matt

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Letterhead invoice form
I have scanned a company invoice form to an Excel spreadsheet. The automatic format is a picture and I have made it transparent. I'm having trouble lining it up with the grid, getting the bottom part of the form to line up with the very bottom of the spreadsheet and it won't allow me to add data to the rows or cells. I have invoices set up to print on the blank stationary which line up just fine. However, I am trying to minimize the use of my personal printer. To use one of our large copiers for printing, I need the letterhead information to print. Too many use this copier...

Default properties for new folders

Form/SubForm error while reference the object
I am a novice at Access and do not understand the VB codes. I have created a form (Software Register) with a subform (Licence No). I have created a one to many relationship between Software_ID_No in both forms. The Link Child and Link Master fields are populated with Software_ID_No. My subform (Licence No) now is linked to the main form (software Register) and moves with that form. What I want to do is have the Software_ID_No in the main form populate the Software_ID_No in the subform, and also put it into the Licence No Table. If I enter the number manually, it works. When I c...

How do I separate data in address field?
I have over 1,000 address records in a workbook and the street address column contains the house number and the street name. I want to create a separate column for the house number so that I can sort the data by street name. Are there any shortcuts to doing this without cutting and pasting all the numbers into a new column? Select the entire column and use "Text to Column" command under Data menu. To learn more about how to use this command, see the link below: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/officetips/may05/tips0503.mspx Let us know! "Baylynx&...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Task Type Programming Bias
Experts, I understand that when I change a duration on a fixed duration task, MS Project is programmed to change the work hours and not the units. That's causing me big problems in keeping both durations and hours fixed. The projects I work on have to have both duration and work fixed not just one or the other. If I change the duration on a fixed duration task I'd like to see the units change because I want to know how many people I need to throw at this task to get it done on time and within budget. Is there possible way to change this. would macros work? I need a wo...

clear address memory
How do I delete old e-mail addresses from memory that are no longer the current ones in my Outlook 2002 address book but still appear as a"prompt" when I enter the 1st few letters of the e-mail address. ...

Word 2003 Forms (JUMP TO Fields)
I am creating a word 2003 form and was wondering if it is possible to skip fields depending on the selection in a drop down menu. ie. QUESTION: Is there a requirement for a COSHH Assessment ? DROP DOWN ANSWER-----Yes/NO If yes just go to the next field box if NO then Jump this section to another section/Field further down the form? Any takers? -- Regards Martin D It is possible, but only with a macro. The basic idea of changing which form field is "next" is discussed at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm. The macros in that article can b...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

OWA Address List won't open
We have one user here (maybe more) who cannot open the GAL when using OWA. Clicking 'New' to create and email, then selecting the 'To' button gives the follow error: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request Url: https://mail.mydomain.com:443/owa/forms/premium/DirectoryView.aspx?ae=AddressList&t=Recipients&a=Pick User host address: xx.xx.194.13 User: A.User EX Address: /o=My Domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user SMTP Address: user@mydomain.com OWA version: 8.0.685.24 Mail...

Goofy Form Problem
I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks! Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes? Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset? -- Dave Harg...

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

Increasing and decreasing values
Using column chart type I want to display increasing values and then decreasing values (not negative). For example 10,20,25 top value 55, then I want to show from 55 decrasing amount 10,35,10 (back to 0 starting point). Is it possible Put the numbers into the worksheet. A row or a column, whatever you like. If each number has a corresponding category label, put them in the row or column before the data. Select the data (one or two rows/columns), and run the Chart Wizard (the icon like a column chart, or Insert menu > Chart). Choose the Column chart type, and click through the rest o...