Network Load Balancing

There is documentation that details how to install CRM 3.0 in an NLB
environment, however that assumes that we want to use the NLB functionality
built-in to Windows 2003.

What other NLB based environments does it work with?  Can they use Cisco
equipment etc?

Has anyone else implemented CRM in an NLB environment using a product like
Cisco etc?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

seen a few different setups including one from F5

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Jeremy Winchell" <JeremyWinchell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0FA91406-D228-4954-90D0-DA29784AC813@microsoft.com...
> There is documentation that details how to install CRM 3.0 in an NLB
> environment, however that assumes that we want to use the NLB
> functionality
> built-in to Windows 2003.
>
> What other NLB based environments does it work with?  Can they use Cisco
> equipment etc?
>
> Has anyone else implemented CRM in an NLB environment using a product like
> Cisco etc?

0
John

AVGXCH32.DLL Error Message Upon Loading
I'm on a Dell XP computer and get the following message everytime I start Outlook 2002: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AVGXCH32.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect & Repair on the Help menu When I use Detect & Repair and my MS Office 2002 CD.... it does not fix the problem. Any suggestions on how to eliminate this annoyance? Thanks for anyone's help on this. Chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm on a Dell XP computer and get the following message > everytime I start Outlook 2...

OWA Loading error
Running a backend/frontend Exchange 2003 server setup. FE server is a new install of Exchange 2003 SP2. OWA works fine when I point to backend server but when I point to the front end server I get logged in and the page comes up but it says its loading. I looked for articles but the only thing I get is for Exchange 2000 SP3 post hot fix. I wouldn't think I would need this fix. "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88A8973D-5127-4FC4-9D34-772C58FF6ABC@microsoft.com... > Running a backend/frontend Exchange 2003 server setup. FE server is a new &g...

Help loading view dynamically from an Extension DLL.
I have pulled some code from http://www.codeproject.com/docview/sdicviewdll.asp It's an article about creating an extension DLL and putting a CFormView derived class in there, then writing an MFC SDI App to load that DLL dynamically and show it's view inside the CFrameWnd of the main app. To get around another problem I was having, I was hoping I could download this sample, add my own MFC Extension DLL with a CHTMLView class in it and show it in the MFC SDI App. The CFormView seems to work fine, but my CHTMLView doesn't work. My CHTMLView MFC Ext DLL project exports an Ini...

Excel 97 incredibly slow loading old Worksheets on a new machine
We have 2 users who have just been provided with extremely fast workstations, replacing their old ones. I have installed Excel on their new machines, however we have encountered a problem with their old Worksheets. On their old machines, worksheets would typically take about 3-4 seconds to load. However since the upgrade, the Spreadsheets are taking up to 20 seconds to load, despite the fact that the machines are many many times faster. It is my guess that the problem is being caused by a missing link in the Worksheets, pointing towards something which doesnt exist on the new Machines. The r...

Troubles with sharing over business network
I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few computers that are working but our newer computers are not. Nathan Niewohner wrote: > I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. > We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to > be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few > computers that are worki...

Outlook and Being Networked
I have a two PC running Outlook 2003. Both our networked together through our wireless network, both running XP Home Edition. I'm wanting to keep both .pst files current on each PC so that no matter what PC you currently use, you can access your files and such. I've looked and have read most of the links and articles on http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm and have read many KB articles on Microsoft. Most of these programs cost and I've tried some over their trial period and didn't quite like how they operated or it just wasn't what I needed. So, how can one...

GP 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade failed during "Load Table Auto Procs"
Hi, Upgrading a client from GP 7.5 (SP6) SQL to 9.0 In the "Server Installation Progress" window (normal upgrade in GP Utilities) During "Updating database: xxxxxx" in step "Load Table Auto Procs" We receive the message (window title: Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities): "The stored procedure UpdateDB_Upgrade() of form duSQL Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0." with the OK button. Responded to the message 4 times, then... "Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed." Anyone run ...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

networking
My question is, we want to setup a calander for everybodies use at our office. Do we need a server or can we run off of our office network? Bottom line question is, can 6 to 8 people use Outlook at the same time without a dedicated server? If so how? Thanks for the help! Ted. simply setup a calendar on a single users outlook installation, then give all other users permission to view and edit that calendar. you may also have to look at some kind of sharing for the drive the outlook is on. It's just like giving your secretary access to your inbox HTH Pete >-----Original ...

Page Load Limbo
Hello, I have a random but reliable problem that happens with a site I'm developing: IE will load the HTML markup, and stall in the javascript code. The spinner appears to be loading, and the status bar only shows a couple bars. I can wait forever in this state, and the rest of the javascript code never gets run. All the HTML is loaded at this point. If I try to use any of the debugging tools and open a debugger in this state, I cannot hit any javascript code. In VS-2008, the debugger says "In External Sleep Or Wait" (or something of that nature); in the IE...

moniter network usage on the network
I want to moniter the bandwidth/internet usage of all of the devices on our network. Some are wired and some are wireless through a wifi connection. How would I get started doing something like this? > I want to moniter the bandwidth/internet usage of all of the devices on > our network. Some are wired and some are wireless through a wifi > connection. How would I get started doing something like this? Might be outside the C# topic, but IF your traffic (even internal) is passing through a firewall, or it's passing through a switch that supports mirroring, you...

DSL load balancing
Has anyone here tried running to DLS lines through a firewall appliance ( I have a SonicWall TZ180) for better internet speeds? We have a 768k up / 3M down DSL line that struggles to support our 3-7 remote users. Our physical location precludes cable or fiber so I am considering adding a second DSL line and load balancing. Is this a rational approach? In article <72ab8e83-ae29-404f-99bd-bea2e238e615 @k33g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, dave@atrbiotech.com says... > > Has anyone here tried running to DLS lines through a firewall > appliance ( I have a SonicWall TZ180) for ...

I have Publisher 2002 loaded on my desktop (original installation). I then loaded it to my laptop (2nd installation). No problem. However, that laptop died and I can't "register" the new install. Why? Is this a riddle? Registration can only be done once, whereas activation needs to be done for each install, so I'll assume you mean activation. What does Publisher do that makes you think you can't activate it again? The third time you probably need to phone MS -- an internet activation won't work, but once you explain to MS what you are trying to do they'll ...

Network resource error
I'm attempting to use a laptop on a new network. I've configured it on the new domain and now I'm trying to get Outlook to connect to my email account on the Exchange server. When I open up Outlook it attempts to access or install a "resource" called data1.msi that's on the old network drive. Is there anyway around this w/out having the original installation CD? steve ...

Network Connection
How do I remove or delete a network connection. I bought my laptop to the office and connected to our network, now I can't get on the internet using my phone line. ...

Do not print reciept but load printer.
To expedite line throughput, I would recommend that the POS does not ask for a receipt, but still loads the OPOS printer. There may be a workaround now, but have not found it. We also have a gas station location with an older Gilbarco G-site and it already offers this option. We have a programmable PREH keyboard with reprint receipt button and it works great. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Network password on Office 2003
I'm having an odd issue. At random times Outlook pops up a box asking me to enter network password. I have, by default saved my password. However, when the "enter network password" dialog box appears, the password is there in astrisk form. But the save password box isn't checked. I check the "save password" box and click OK. It then accesses my email. And later, from 15 minutes to over an hour it does the same process all over again. Anyone have any input on this issue? It gets Kind of frustrating. Thanks, Scott ...

Understanding Networking
We have recently installed another computer in the house. I can detect it in 'Network'. If I click on the this new computer icon and login, what features and facilities will be available to me when working on the original computer. Thanks "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:d27bcce4-972e-4ee2-b9db-ddba5be8bedb@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > We have recently installed another computer in the house. I can detect > it in 'Network'. > > If I click on the this new computer icon and login, what features...

Outlook 2003 and Wireless Network Conectivity
Often, my wireless connection is "taken-over" ( while Outlook is open ) by another nearby wireless network signal with little or very low signal strength, screwing up my send/recieves. Is there a way to keep this from happening. It's not a big deal in that once I notice the problem I can easily go and reconnect to my own signal again. It's just a pain in the butt. Fly Man <Fly Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Often, my wireless connection is "taken-over" ( while Outlook is open > ) by another nearby wireless network signal with little o...

balance in pivot table
we are importing a pivot table from column c & d How an we configure colun c minus column d DK Pivot tables have column headings (fields). If you go to the pivot table toolbar, select Formulas>Calculated Field... and fill out your formula here it will make a new field alongside the other two columns that can be manipulated as any other field -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "dk" <dk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:861DA9A9-1BA7-4CDA-AD35-0B1E50D31545@microsoft.com... > we are i...

Sockets/Networks
Are there any MSDN articles similar in style to "Serial Communications in Win32" but aimed at sockets/network communications? Thanks in Advance, Charles Charles wrote: > Are there any MSDN articles similar in style to "Serial Communications in > Win32" but aimed at sockets/network communications? > > Thanks in Advance, > Charles > http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/ -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

network error during dtd validation
I'm getting weird errors during transformations -- "System.Net.WebException. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error." I'm on the 1.0 Framework. I've looked through the stack trace and it seems to be happending at a call to .Transform as follows (see stack trace below): oXslTransform.Transform(myXPathDocument,plist,stWrite); These XML documents are 3rd party and include a doctype that refers to a dtd across the network. I'm also getting these sometimes in IE, so it seems that the vendors DTD is timing out. Is there anyway to disable th...

Modifying ACL on already loaded device
I wondered if there was a way of changing/adding the ACL on already loaded device (eg COM1, LPT1, Bluetooth). I know that if i'm writing my own driver I can specify an ACL on my device via IoCreateDeviceIO, in my driver's .inf file or even via SetupDiSetDeviceRegistryProperty but, as I understand it, these only set up the ACL when the driver is loaded. However, I want to do this 'on the fly' (ie. after the driver has been loaded and to be effective immediately) and for devices controlled by standard microsoft supplied drivers. I wondered if SetKernelObjectSecurity m...

User network login
Dear All I wish all the Forms in access 2007 to use the network user name. How should i put this code in the Access form for the best performance? ++++++++++++++++ Dim objNet, DataUser Set objNet = CreateObject("WScript.NetWork") DataUser = objNet.UserName ++++++++++++++++ Thanks a lot. Tony Personally, I'd use the function from http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm at "The Access Web": I'd expect it to be at least an order of magnitude faster. I'd have a form that opens up when you open the application and stays open the entire time the appl...

Wireless network
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but here goes. I have had a wireless network in my home for several years. Now a second security enabled wireless network has appeared. It shows a signal strength of 2 out of 5 bars. I live in a rural location with only two neighbors within a quarter of a mile. Neither of them have computers, much less wireless networks. Is there any way I can find information about the new network? Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" Richard Feynman Nobel Pri...