need to add custom entity to email selection list

We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as
one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record
while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of
entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity?

0
Jeanenne (37)
9/23/2008 6:08:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can't.  The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM.  One
option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact
type = Employee.

"Jeanenne" wrote:

> We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as
> one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record
> while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of
> entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity?

0
Adrian1 (78)
9/23/2008 9:58:01 PM
Thanks, I was afraid of that. We were originally going to put the employees
in as contacts but decided to create a custom entity. But now we have this
email issue. I guess it's back to square one.

Thanks again.

"Adrian" wrote:

> You can't.  The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM.  One
> option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact
> type = Employee.
>
> "Jeanenne" wrote:
>
> > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as
> > one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record
> > while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of
> > entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity?

0
Jeanenne (37)

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

error 0x80040126 I can recieve emails but cannot send
I am getting the Task Error (0x80040126) when sending e-mails. Error message shows up, also says not connected to server. I can recieve e-mails, but error shows up every time. I've contacted comcast, but they assure that it is a Microsoft issue. BTW I have Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Are you sure this error is associated with your Comcast e-mail address and not a Hotmail account? The reason I ask is that I am used to seeing this error with the connector that allows one to add a Hotmail mailbox to Outlook 2003. If it is the later, have you tried uninstalling/...

Email address verification
Does anyone know of an Excel add-in that I could buy/have? Specificall a routine that would verify that an email address has an @ sign an ends with a valid domain suffix e.g. .com or .org.uk. Plus, doesn' contain illegal characters e.g space or comma or forward slash. I would very much appreciate anyones help. Thanks in anticipation. Peter Watkinso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: Enter the following code in one of your workbook modules Public Function MailaddressOK(Adresse As String) As Boolean Dim oVScriptRegEx As Object Set oVScriptRegEx = CreateObjec...

Need Help Linking Sheets

dependant combobox list
I am trying to add "salesman" information to a combobox that is dependant upon the dealership name I insert in another combobox. I have the dealership names in column A. Q: How do I get the second combox to insert the appropriate name? Should I make a separate sheet using the dealership names as headers, or can I add the salesmens name in the rows beside the already-present dealership name? Then, how do I get the second combobox to pick it up? I am using a Userform and VBA. Have lists of salesman by dealearship in columns, name those lists (Insert>Name>Define...) with the dea...

Outlook 2007 Can't find older emails
Two of my coworkers were bashing Outlook today because the instant search wasn't finding some of their older emails. It seems to be emails that are older than about 90 days it can't find them. The pst files that contain them are definitely open in outlook and the indexing service said it was complete. On my box, same setup - outlook 2007 and windows xp - i'm getting the results i expect. its finding emails from several years back. Any thoughts? are there any "only index emails younger than X days" settings or anything like that? Thanks in advance! are they usi...

Trouble sending MULTIPLE emails
keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sween67@twcny.rr.com'. Subject 'Maura's mother-in -law', Account: 'pop-server.twcny.rr.com', Server: ...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

A full page of email text shrinks to one inch or less w/ new batte
I was answering emails and everyhting was fine. The batteries in my wireless mouse died. I replaced them and went back to answering emails. When I clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email shrank to about one inch. Changing the font size did not correct the problem. HELP it's your zoom setting. Hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to increase. Depending on the mouse, you could have accidently pressed a mouse button and changed it when you changed the batteries. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.o...

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Help needed

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

Need help on this....thanks

Campaign Activity (Email /Email Mail Merge)
Hi, We have a customer that would like to send an email or email via mail merge from campaign activity in the name of the company (from a general email address), instead of sending the email from the user that owns the campaign activity or the user that owns the account/contact/lead. Do you have any idea of how we can do this? Thanks, Regards Rute Dias ...

how do i get my currect email account onto microsoft outlook?
i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please Help!!! acrowl <acrowl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft > office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email > account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please > Help!!! Your cable company can tell you that. It's usually a POP account so start with Control Panel>...

How to access Customer Due Date for current transaction
Hi Everyone ? I am looking to display payment due date on the invoice for my customer when the tender type is store account Currently I have 2 type of due date : 14 days and 30 days So for example if invoice date is today 1 Sept 2010. I need to print the due date as 15 Sept 2010 How can I access the customer account due date in receipt ? I tried Customer.AccountDueDateType and I got error "token not found" anyone has an idea ? Thank you, Regards, Joie ...

I need Help

need help badly