Need info on Microsoft CRM for Reinsurance companies

My company is a Reinsurance company that is interested in implementing
MS CRM for the contacts with Insurance companies. Are there anyone who
has implemented MS CRM customers/clients in the (Re)Insurance that can
comment on their deployment of MS CRM can also comment on whether the
solution was useful without customization or was there customization to
the product.

Thanks,
Inala Shankar.

0
Inala
1/20/2006 4:49:24 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

While I have never deployed Microsoft CRM at a reinsurance comapny I have
done a sales demo to a reinsurance comapny and know they had to heavily
customize their existing CRM solution and would tdo the same with Microsoft
CRM.

Each dpeloyment is different as you may decide to only roll out a few
features of crm to get people on the system then extend out

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Inala" <iu_shankar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My company is a Reinsurance company that is interested in implementing
> MS CRM for the contacts with Insurance companies. Are there anyone who
> has implemented MS CRM customers/clients in the (Re)Insurance that can
> comment on their deployment of MS CRM can also comment on whether the
> solution was useful without customization or was there customization to
> the product.
>
> Thanks,
> Inala Shankar.

0
John
1/20/2006 4:36:33 AM
John,

Thanks a lot for the response. As you said, each deployement is
different based on the requirements. Is this something like CRM will be
available in different packets instead of a complete product, so that
as per our requirements we will be using the required packets.

As i see to it, we wont be implementing all features of CRM. Here we
are going to manage the following things
1. Manage contact and company list and there will be a dynamic mapping
between contact to company for e.g a single contact may serve as a
"agent" contact for one Insurance company and as a "financial" contact
for other Insurance company.
2. We will create various groups for contacts as per our requirement
i.e it will work the same way as that of Outlook groups creation.
3. We will be having several letter templates for sending mails to the
contact.
4. Reports on the contact list.

Is MS CRM is capable for handling the above mentioned things. If yes,
as i mentioned do we need to go for any particular packet OR we have to
go for total CRM product. If we get total CRM product, as per our
requirement we will be using 10% features of the CRM i guess.

Can you please suggest me on these lines. Looking forward for an
earlier response.

Thanks,
Inala Shankar.

0
Inala

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

CRM and Member Server
I am going to implement CRM and have been doing a lot of research and I have not yet found an article where is says CRM has to be on a domain controller or member server. Can I install CRM on a Member of my Windows 2000 Server environment? Thanks in Advance Len Len, Unless you are running SBS then there are actually issues if you install on the domain controller. Matt "Len" <lcampbell@pennsys.com> wrote in message news:063f01c3bdad$79316ce0$a001280a@phx.gbl... I am going to implement CRM and have been doing a lot of research and I have not yet found an article wher...

Cannot access CRM web cllient
I am unable to access the web client on CRM 1.2. If I am logged on locally to the server and access the web client using 'localhost' everything runs cerrectly. If I attempt to access the web client using the full server name I am prompted with the windows login box and no values I enter will let me in to the system. I fully qualify all of the accounts I attempt to use with the domain name. If I use the machines IP address I also get the same ptoblem so I don't think it is a DNS related issue. I end up with an HTTP Error 401.2 in the browser and the following error on the...

Microsoft Outlook Testimonial Request:
The Honorable Microsoft Outlook Manager: I want applying a grant of Outlook software request, if I can have a full version of Microsoft Outlook with stationery functions. I need having Office Professional 2003 with Outlook for my nomination requests. My testiomonial requires to get a grant of Microsoft Outlook to allow me know about it. If I could have Microsoft Outlook for my personal needs with stuffs. Please help me to get these products to be mailing address. Thanks David Johnson ...

Linking CRM Contacts and Exchange Contacts
I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about linking CRM and Exchange Contacts. I want to update Exchange contacts when they are updated in CRM, and vice versa. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A book/online tutorial would be very helpful. This is only done through Sales For Outlook client See "Sales For Outlook Explained", from www.c360.com <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120569198.641354.108830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about > linking C...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Implementations of Microsoft Dynamics GP in Italy
Hi all, can somebody provide some guidance on implementations of Microsoft Dynamics GP in Italian companies? Mainly to understand how the specific Statutory and Regulatory requiments have been configured/created. Thanks a lot in advance! -- Ciao Lan, You may want to contact Tectura Corp. I know they have a few partners in Italy, but I am not sure if they are working with GP, nonetheless a good start (www.tectura.com). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Lan" wrote: > Hi all, can somebody ...

How do I Set up a Invoice in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (.
How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (Excel) With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) Check out the templates at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx "Chandrasekar G Yadav" wrote: > How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 > Professional (Excel) > With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) ...

How can I create a Visio timeline from a Microsoft Project file?
Can a Microsoft Project file be used to generate a timeline in Visio? If so, which versions of each program would I need? And by timeline, I don't mean Gaant chart. I mean the timelines that I can manually create in Visio using the Timeline Shapes stencil. "Suzie" <SB29@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:e5nU7f#7DHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can a Microsoft Project file be used to generate a timeline in Visio? If so, > which versions of each program would I need? > > This from v2003pro timeline help, your mileage may vary Import Project da...

Internal e-mail in queue (in CRM 3.0)
Sorry if i am repeating it , i tried but couldnt find the answer. I can get the external e-mail in queue but not internal e-mail in CRM 3.0. Is there any work around?, i did something wrong , or this is the way , it works :0) regards / Aami ...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Please Fix the NG Microsoft!
This NG has so many posts that have nothing to do with CRM that it's getting to the point of making this NG virtually useless for CRM. Please fix this problem Microsoft so we don't have to sort through all the posts looking for the few CRM posts. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com I agree this NG is getting cluttered again, but I'd rather have MS spend more time on getting CRM to be a workable product. In the very least they should respond more to people's issues here,......... -G "Brandon S." <bsm...

Compare 1 cell to column of cells returning adjacent cells info?
I want to compare the value in one cell to another column of cells in another work sheet and once the matching value is found I wan to return a different cells value that is on the same line as the matching cell. Example Sheet 1 value is 34 in B6, so I want it to search Sheet 3 colum J for the value 34 which is found on row 351. When a match is found the value returned needs to be from colum O so this would be O351. Does anybody know how to setup this function? You are describing the VLOOKUP() function =VLOOKUP(B6,'Sheet 3'!$J$1:$0$500,6,0) "Mr. Fine"...

Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings
It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color schemes for each Company. This would be especially beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

how do i get my currect email account onto microsoft outlook?
i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please Help!!! acrowl <acrowl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft > office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email > account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please > Help!!! Your cable company can tell you that. It's usually a POP account so start with Control Panel>...