need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...

Hi!!

My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the
current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out
from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for
CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an
example code? Thank you for your help!

Greetings

Daniel
0
daniel
6/15/2004 8:45:06 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1

For example:

<Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Url="http://www.microsoft.com" PassParams="1" WinParams="" WinMode="1"/>

This will open your page with something like "http://www.microsoft.com?oId={contactid}".

Hope this helps.

"Daniel Lutzenberger" wrote:

> Hi!!
>
> My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the
> current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out
> from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft´s SDK for
> CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an
> example code? Thank you for your help!
>
> Greetings
>
> Daniel

Thanks for your Advice!!!

But how can I get the ContactID out from the URL and save it to
another table in SQL Database? I try to make an extra Button
"Attachments" and I want to save the ContactID with the path of the
file to my new table "ContactAttachment". This is seriously a problem
for me. Do you know a way to do that?

Thank you!!

Daniel

"Emanuel" <Emanuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<ACEFFFFA-3335-40D4-B648-E3ACB3A97B6D@microsoft.com>...
> You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1
>
> For example:
>
> <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Url="http://www.microsoft.com" PassParams="1" WinParams="" WinMode="1"/>
>
> This will open your page with something like "http://www.microsoft.com?oId={contactid}".
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "Daniel Lutzenberger" wrote:
>
> > Hi!!
> >
> > My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the
> > current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out
> > from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft´s SDK for
> > CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an
> > example code? Thank you for your help!
> >
> > Greetings
> >
> > Daniel

0
daniel

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Get complete email message source from Outlook 2003???
Hello! I need to be able to simply copy/paste the COMPLETE source data from an email message recieved in Outlook 2003. I know I can get headers by using Options, but I need the complete message. In Outlook Express this is very easy. Select the message, view Properties, Details, Message Source button... Voila! I don't see how Microsoft could omit this in Outlook 2003! http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/view_source.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

how do i get my currect email account onto microsoft outlook?
i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please Help!!! acrowl <acrowl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i just deleted my trial of microsoft office. Now I have microsoft > office xp with front page. i can't figure out how to get my email > account set up on outlook. i have cable internet service. Please > Help!!! Your cable company can tell you that. It's usually a POP account so start with Control Panel>...

need help badly

I need Help

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

VBA code to run macro in certain file based on name of file in cel
I am trying to come up with code that will run a macro in a workbook where the path and name of the workbook are in a cell reference. I have tried the following with no luck. The path to the file is located in cell F36 of worksheet, "Customize" and the name of the file is located in cell F42. The name of the macro is "ClearTotalSavings". Any help from one of you gurus would sure be appreciated. Application.Run "'" & Workbooks(Sheets("Customize").Range("F36").Value) & "\" & Sheets("Customize").R...

Need Help Despertly!

CODE: 0x800CCC79
Messages won't transmit. I receive the following: Account: 'pop-server.satx.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.satx.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 To fix this problem: - Open Outlook Express, and click *Tools* - Then click on *Accounts* - Then click on your Tiscali connection and click *Properties* - Then click *Advanced* - On this screen remove the checks from the boxes *This server requires a secure connection* for both *Outgoi...

How can you get back a lost part of a document?
After typing 3 or 4 additional pages to saved document, I don't know what I hit but I lost all the added work. Is there a way to get it back? If the document has not been closed since the error - CTRL+Z (Undo) will restore the text. If the document has been closed and the changes not saved, then there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<...

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...