Navigate back from Order to Quote to Opportunity

CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote,
Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need
to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there
is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You
have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on
Opportunity xyz and then on History.
Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these
entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot
be shown in the LH pane of the Order ?

Does anyone know a faster way / work around to navigate back ?

Thanks
nb0512
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
Oppty and Quote are present as lookup fields on the Order form and not as
left navigationbar item. May be somebody have removed the two from Order form
during customization. You may add them back from customization with the help
of CRM Administrator.
This depends upon the relationship between entities. One to many or Many to
one.
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"nb0512" wrote:

> CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote,
> Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need
> to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there
> is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You
> have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on
> Opportunity xyz and then on History.
> Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these
> entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot
> be shown in the LH pane of the Order ?
>
> Does anyone know a faster way / work around to navigate back ?
>
> Thanks
> nb0512
Thanks uMar !
Found these lookups on an otherwise unused tab; probably the consultant who
installed CRM moved them there (luckily he didi not delete). I moved them
back to the first tab and we are using them now.

Thanks again !

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Oppty and Quote are present as lookup fields on the Order form and not as
> left navigationbar item. May be somebody have removed the two from Order form
> during customization. You may add them back from customization with the help
> of CRM Administrator.
> This depends upon the relationship between entities. One to many or Many to
> one.
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "nb0512" wrote:
>
> > CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote,
> > Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need
> > to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there
> > is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You
> > have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on
> > Opportunity xyz and then on History.
> > Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these
> > entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot
> > be shown in the LH pane of the Order ?
> >
> > Does anyone know a faster way / work around to navigate back ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > nb0512

When going forward while using "find" how can I go in reverse?
If I doing a word search, using "find", how can I back up one to avoid going throught the remainder of the document? Click the 'More button' in the Find dialog and change the search from All to Up. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Xingfu&q...

Back end error
Hi, I've designed a databse with any users login to it on daily basis (almost 25 users),the front end is working perfectly with most of the users,but actually few users ,when opening the database they get a message that says :"'Could not use O\:my folder\Customer Support_be.mdb' the file is currently in use"... What kind of problem is it? How can i solve it? ...

where is "junk senders" list stored
I am going to reinstall my OS, but I want to preserve my junk senders list that I have worked so hard to create. It does not seem to be in the PST file, as I transferred my file to another computer and opened it with another copy of outlook, and the list was not there. What file is this list stored in? thnx neb ...

search for text "beginning with" "containing" wildcards
I have numerous occasions where functions (like countif) need to report on cells containing text strings or starts with text strings. In various database utilities there are wildcards which provide this functionality, but what about in Excel, do any wildcards work ? In some functions, they do: =countif(a1:a10,"text*") =countif(a1:a10,"*text") =countif(a1:a10,"*text*") And you can use "*" & x99 & "*" as the second argument. If you want to look for an asterisk character, use ~* in the string. If you want to look ...

Changing order and colors
I am working in Publisher 2003 (all updates applied) and everytime I save a document it changes the order of my textboxes and images. Some images go to the back and some do not. Some text colors change and some do not. I can't nail down a pattern. All images are jpgs and the text is all the same font. It's wasting a lot of time reorganizing the document constantly. Help. -- RAnalyst Take a look at your device drivers, especially your printer driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. It is always best to completely remove a driver before...

Business Portal 2.5 installation error "Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data."
hi, i got this message Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data upon installing Business Postal 2.5 Please help.. tnx Stephen, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The error you got generally means there is a data issue with either the DYNAMICS..SY01500 or DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade tables. Verify that all companies listed in those tables are still valid in your environment. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Stephen Lee Glo...

How do I change "Document Title" to MY title?
When Importing Word Documents into one of Publisher's ready design options, such as "Accent Word Box Document," how do you change the "Document Title" that comes out on all pages, to the real title of my document? Using Masterpage only causes the real title to appear under the "Document Title" text, and I still have to delete every blasted "Document Title" Textbox separately, all through a hundred page report. There MUST be some simple solution. But hours later, I'm at the end of my rope. "Dr A R" <Dr A R @discussions.mi...

Creating an interactive for car ordering system
I want to create a form which is basically for car ordering system. If the user selects the make bmw in the make field I want the model field to display a drop down list consisting of Models available for bmw and if the user selects Calibra I want the model field to display a drop down list consisting of models of make Calibra. Is it possible? Yes, it's possible. Just dynamically create the query feeding the combo boxes after each previous selection. It might be better to use listboxes. -Dorian "Astitva" wrote: > I want to create a form which is basically for car o...

Backing up Exchange databases into smaller files
In a scenario which is becoming all too common, one of my clients has been using their email as the primary filing system for their business for the last few years. At this point they're stuck in their ways and I've had to relent, removing mailbox size limits and hoping that the automatic archiving is sufficient to keep things somewhat managable. Obviously, in this situation the Exchange database has become THE key file for their business and so having a solid backup plan in place is a high priority. While there's no trouble with the tape backup and media rotation, we're...

Navigating through cells
I want to create a form and want to skip cells: Like navitgate from A1 to F8 in one stroke. Can I do that? Gram I think you want the form to just be a spreadsheet. In that case select the celss that you want to re-use for data entry and choose, Format, Cells and on the protection tab deselect the Locked checkmark and click OK Now choose Tools, Protection and protect the worksheet. You should be able to use the Tab key to jump between data entry cells. Now save the workbook. Remember that if you apply a password it is Case Sensitive and you will be unable to use the worksheet if you...

Import sales and purchase orders through Integration Manager
My company converted to Great Plains from Quickbooks a few months back. We have another system which is tracking our sales orders and purchase orders and now want to get this information into Great Plains and use Great Plains for everything. My question is I need import sales orders and purchase receipts in history and not have it post to the subledger or GL since that is already correct. How can I import transactions into History using Integration Manager so that subledger and GL are not affected. Jack Jack: Go to Tools | Setup| Posting. Unmark Post to GL and Post through GL on a...

"You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusivl
Two days ago I deployed a split 2003 access database that is accessed by 20 users. Since going live with it I have noticed many people having trouble with hanging or crashing of the front end. When I try to open the back end I get the message "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusively by user 'Admin' on machine 'Comptername'. Try again when teh database is available. Then I track down who the PC belongs to and check what is going on. What I find on all the PCs that have made the back end give this error is that the user starts adding...

When will there be a "fix" between Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay?
Money 2004 was running smoothly. After downloading the update Money 2005, I could not get into MSN Bill pay, even using internet browser. Support people from MSN Bill Pay told me that somehow the link between Microsoft Passport and MSN bill pay was corrupted by Microsoft Money 2005, after the install of Money 2005. MSN Bill Pay support people told me that THIS IS A BIG problem that happening to many MSN Bill Pay users. They cannot fix it on their side, and Money 2005 must come up with the fix. Any word on the progress of this fix? Thanks, Greg ...

Service Order
Hi all, Does anyone know of a service order add on for RMS? Thanks -- Crystal Roach ...

How to make back up file whenever I save excel file?
As titled. Thanks. You can create a new default template, with the 'Always save backup' setting turned on: Open a new workbook. Choose File>Save As From the Save As Type dropdown, choose Template (*.xlt) Name the File "Book.xlt" At the top right of the Save As dialog box, click the Tools button Choose General Options Check 'Always create backup', click OK Save the file in the XLStart folder (usually in Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office) When you click the New button on the toolbar, the new workbook will be based on this template. A backup copy w...

ebay - ereseller stook my money
a terrible thing happenned to me on ebay. i am a disabled woman in and eresellers took my money and never sent my washer. his email address is david@tropivision.com. anything that you can do to help would be nice. ebay is doing nothing. i can give a reward This group is for discussing the Microsoft Money computer program. Does it really sound like an eBay buyer complaint forum? Do a google search on ebay and you will find a couple of groups, one of which may reply to your problem. That ebay seller has been selling on ebay for over 5 years. arthur -- On 1 Jun 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (An...

Want black box 2x3" with white lettering
Am needing help to learn how to reverse letter on white paper. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01CAFF82.6313BDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable That's fairly easy. Follow these steps: From the Insert ribbon, select Text Box | Draw Text Box. Draw the Text Box approximately where you want it. Right-click on the edge of the Text Box and select More Layout Options. Select the Size tab and enter the size you want ( 2" x 3") and click OK Type in your text and cen...

"Send To Mail Recipient" doesn't show up anymore
Using Excel 97. Recently, the option under the file menu for Send To Mail Recipient has disappeared. I tried putting a toolbar button on for this function but it is never active. I used to use this feature a lot, so I'm not sure why it is gone now. Any ideas? Thanks, Ed I solved it by uninstalling and then re-installing Outlook, which I don't use but I guess it needs to be there. Ed "Ed Kirstein" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message news:vktk1em9qfgv9a@corp.supernews.com... > Using Excel 97. Recently, the option under the file menu for Send To Ma...

Application navigation
1.Whenever i navigate my MFC application to another application ,all dialog boxes are displaying in another application also.My dialog box style(property) is popup if i make style property as CHILD it is not at all displaying. How can i solve this problem. 2. Once i minimise my MFC application If i try to maximize by clicking or pressing alt + tab my MFC application is not maximising , i used OnActivate event in frame window inside i have handled WA_ACTIVE and WA_CLICKACTIVE. 3.To refresh my application how can i get all control hanles for example frame window, dialog box etc. ...

Inserting Autocad "dwg" into Publisher?
Inserting an Autocad 2006 "dwg" into Publisher 2000. Waltc <Waltc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Inserting an Autocad 2006 "dwg" into Publisher 2000. No you're not. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Someone just asked this question a few days ago. Search the archives for my response. (Try a search on "AutoCAD".) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Waltc" <Waltc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F0B8A6-B51E-41BF-9B80-43874E8FFE62@microsoft.com... > Insertin...

"Print Quote For Customer"
Using the Outlook client this option is under the file menu when you have a quote open. What template does this use and where do I download it from? ...

i corrected a formula, need go back to worksheet
Are you still in editing mode? Hit Enter key. If something else, please describe that in this large white space known as the "body". Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:01:02 -0700, elie harb <edh.ant@hotmail.com> <elieharbedhanthotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

I want money market account to = CASH , not "Mutual Fund" in asset allocation view
My Fidelity Cash Reserves account shows onscreen as type = Money Market / Cash fund, yet when I try to sort my investments by type , it does not appear as Money Market as do my other MMkt funds. It stays grouped with "Mutual funds", so I have to use a calculator to see 'how much do I have in cash". Other mmkt funds - even in that same fund family appear (when grouped) under Money Market Funds How to fix this ? So that I CAN have it appear onscreen lumped with my other money market funds. I'm using M2004 (or M2001): viewing Portfolio - quotes view, grouping by "in...

Purchase order
Can we continue using the Excel (2000) Purchase Order template we designed, now that we've upgraded to Office 2003? It seems the purchase order toolbar that automatically assigns PO numbers in sequential order, is no longer available in Office 2003. Any suggestions? Hello dee, There is no Purchase Order toolbar in any Excel program. It is either an add-in or custom made for your computer. You can check your addins by going to Tools | Addins | Browse. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the ...

Open in New Window from Navigation Pane
Right clicking on Calendar button, selecting "open in new window" I am unable to set the new window to open maximized or at least fill the screen. Many attempts at closing the window to save settings; shift + X, space bar + close, etc yield no results. New window currently opens so small as to be unreadable. -- John Set the main Outlook window to it's prefered size in Normal size and use CTRL+X to force the save of the windowsize. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slips...