multiple users with same domain logon name

We have 2 active users with the same domain logon name (not sure how we were
able to do this as I can't repeat in non-production environments).  I can't
disable one and leave the other active as when I do that and the users tries
to logon they get access denied.  I can't change the domain logon name as
that is not an editable field.
Any ideas on how I can get these 2 user to just one active user?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Each "account" object in AD has a unique set of object attributes. Even
though it has the same "Name". If you create an account and then delete it
and create the same name, what happens.  The system protest that the object
is already there. How your forest allowed the same name is a bit odd but it
is enough to say that they have different attributes in AD.  You can see them
with the ADSIEDIT tool.

I would move the records to a new user in CRM.  The disable the old.  Make a
new user account and a new mailbox.  Migrate the mail to the new logon.
Create that account as a CRM user account and then migrate the records from
that "Temp CRM account over to the new account.   There will be some "Carbon
Unit" pain but it seems that would work.

"nancym" wrote:

> We have 2 active users with the same domain logon name (not sure how we were
> able to do this as I can't repeat in non-production environments).  I can't
> disable one and leave the other active as when I do that and the users tries
> to logon they get access denied.  I can't change the domain logon name as
> that is not an editable field.
> Any ideas on how I can get these 2 user to just one active user?

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Attempting to display only certain records related to user criteria input
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 100 records. Each record contains columns of information with one of those columns being age. What would like to do is have the user fill in a cell at the top of the pag and then have only those records meeting that criteria be displayed. For example, "Show records where age exceeds ____". If the user input 34 in the blank, then only those records where the value in the ag column exceeds 34 would be displayed. If the user then changes thei input to 15, then only those records where the value in the age colum exceeds 15 would be displayed. At fi...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

CRM and Exchange in different domains
Is there a way for a CRM 3.0 server to intergrate with an Exchange server in another domain? ...

Sending to multiple addresses

Installing Excel Add-In's for all Windows users
When I install a peice of sw, it puts into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER the location to the XLA that this user is to use when using Excel. Now, I would like it so that any user who logs into Windows is able to launch Excel and have the XLA automatically loaded/installed so that the user does not have to do any extra work except work within Excel as normal. Is there somewhere where this path to the XLA can be put in the registry or elsewhere so that it becomes like a global setting, hence applying to all other existing and new users logging into that machine? Thanks, Jignesh. ...

Remember selections in Table Names Lookup window (Dex Runtime)
In Microsoft Dynamics GP, the user can view details on database tables in the Table Descriptions window (Tools>>Resource Descriptions>>Tables). If the user clicks the elipsis (...) button to the right of the table name, a lookup window opens. The user needs to choose both the product, series, and view by option that he or she is working with, and the list of tables will display. At least 10 times a day I go into this window, and oftentimes I don't select the table I really want first. That means I need to do a second lookup, select the product, series, and view by aga...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

Referencing the name of a worksheet in a cell
hello excel gurus... I would like to have a string of text that incorporates the name of on the worksheet tab. I have a series of worksheet that are all very similar, it is just one word in the title that changes and that is what I will be naming the worksheet. Is there a way that I can have that cell reference the tab name, so that I only have to name it once and not twice. Thanks! -Bob Bob, Not sure if you want to get the cell from the tab name, or set the tab name from the cell value. So, if the former =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename&qu...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

SMTP domain name
Hello. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a windows 2000 machine and a windows 2000 native domain. Problem I am having is complaints from people regarding the smtp domain name. Our Public domain name and our AD domain name are different. Helo response from the server returns the AD domain name and not the public domain name. This is causing messages to be rejected by some SPAM filters. Has anybody had this problem? Thanks Yes I have battled long and hard with this problem. First thing to check is Exchange System Manager, "Default SMTP Virtual Server" look in advanced propertie...

Two users in the same database at the same time
I created a database in Access 2007. I located it on my server so two people can access it at the same time, but when one is in the database the other can't update a record or sometimes even open it. It tells them that they can only save it if you are the soul person using it. I'm not talking about design changes, just general changes, like address, phone... Why can't this be done? On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:28:01 -0800, Patty <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a database in Access 2007. I located it on my server so two people >can access...

Data Validation with named ranges
Hello, I have a wierd problem: in a planning module it should be possible to choose the correct product in a validated list. There is a matrix that shows only those articles that can be planned on a specific machines. Now when the possible values are mentioned in a fixed range [Art_CA0003 refers to =ArtikelPerMach!$C$2:$C$40], it works fine. However when I use a dynamic range [Art_CA0001 refers to = =OFFSET(ArtikelPerMach!$A $2;0;0;COUNTA(CA0001_);1)] it fails, allthough the range is shown as it should under insert>name>define. Hope my explanation makes sense. If requested I can send o...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

mail want be delivered for the 2nd domain
we have registered another domain made an MX record added @domain.com in defaul policy now i can get mail only for alex@domain.com, but not alex.surename@domain.com what should i do? Add or modify email address format in Recipient Policy. %g.%s@domain.com http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822447 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OYTtu%238NGHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > we have registered another domain > made an MX record > a...