multiple instance of CRM on domain

We have a situation where two divisions want seperate instances of CRM.  It
is important to note, each division has it's own domain.

While I know we can manage that, my question concerns the exchange router.
Since the email for both divisions come through the same exchange server (and
through a third domain), my assumption is there would only be one exchange
router.

Has anyone done this before and what are the potential issues I may need to
address to make this work?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This will probably answer your question (or some parts of it anyway):
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/10/05/Supporting-multiple-Exchange-servers-and_2F00_or-multiple-Microsoft-CRM-implementations.aspx

The only trick will be authentication as the router is required to
communicate with CRMs in different domains. If domains are not part of the
same forest, you can always try setting up trust relationships, I guess (or
run the router under a fixed account and recreate account/password in each
domain - it might just work).

Hope it help.
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"James Allen" <JamesAllen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a situation where two divisions want seperate instances of CRM.
> It
> is important to note, each division has it's own domain.
>
> While I know we can manage that, my question concerns the exchange router.
> Since the email for both divisions come through the same exchange server
> (and
> through a third domain), my assumption is there would only be one exchange
> router.
>
> Has anyone done this before and what are the potential issues I may need
> address to make this work?

0
George

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Can't not access CRM Crytal Report
Hi All, when I try to access any Reports(Sales , Service , and Admin reports) , an error message appear "Crystal Reports Logon Error Please verify that you have enough Crytal Licenses". I am using windows server 2003. According microsoft technical support help, the error can cause by user authority, that I have to add NT Authority, etc. But, I don't know how to configure this on Windows server 2003. Does any one can help me ? Or may be, any other solution to solve ? Also, in the next time I want to customize report. Do I have to use Crystal Reports 9.2.2. Because, when I try t...

distributing data into multiple cells

Excel Instances
My coworker is having a hard time getting more than one workbook to open in a single instance of Excel. It seems that no matter how we try to open the second workbook, a new instance of Excel is opened. "Ignore other applications" is not selected in Tools - Options. For kicks I tried selecting that as an option and it made no difference. Excel continued to open a new instance with every new file. Any suggestions? you COULD open workbook2 from File/Open, rather than double-clicking in windows explorer. "StephanieH" <StephanieH@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Link to CRM tables from external application
My client has a mission-critical application that was written in Microsoft Access sitting on a SQL Server database. It is basically a Quotation management system. The client wishes to install CRM and I'm investigating how to migrate the Customer data from their Quotation system to CRM. I'm pretty confident I can do this without too much trouble (having identified the relevant tables in CRM - AccountBase and ContactBase). However, I then want to link directly to the CRM tables from within the Access application. Normally I'd do this by setting up a DSN and using it to pull in l...

Can you integrate MS CRM with SharePoint Portal Server
Hi, I'm new to MS CRM and I was wondering if it is possible to integrate it with a SharePoint Portal Server using Windows SharePoint Services Regards Holmin It would be possible to create custom web parts that displayed data from Microsoft CRM in sharepoint portal server. As yet I am not aware of anyone who has done it yet. As both CRM and Sharepoint Portal are written using .NET it should be straightforward to create the code. "Holmin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDBA1DD5-98B9-455F-AFF8-0A4767C0448E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I'...

Single click selects multiple cells

[CRM 4.0] Error in viewing/closing an email in CRM.
A user has just reported that closing (and sometimes viewing) an email in CRM causes the following error: <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object doesn't support this property or method</Message> <Line>636</Line> <URL>/ThunderbirdProducts/activities/email/edit.aspx?id={BF8747A0-2DE6-DD11-8891-000D60EBAB8E}&_CreateFromType=10000&_CreateFromId=%7b8D8276C0-ACFD-DB11-A425-000D60EBAB8E%7d</URL> <PageURL>/Thunderb...

Sending to multiple addresses

CRM and Exchange in different domains
Is there a way for a CRM 3.0 server to intergrate with an Exchange server in another domain? ...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Telemarketing Add-On for Microsoft CRM 4.0
Hi, GrapeCity has created a Telemarketing Add-On for Microsoft CRM 4.0. You can access all the information on the Add-On (including a 30 day free trial version) by accessing the following link: www.grapecity.com/india/addons I would be elated to receive your comments, queries and feedback on the Add-On. Regards, Rahul Singh rahul.singh@grapecity.com www.grapecity.com/india/addons ...

Norton Internet Security 2006 and CRM 3.0 oulook Client
Hiya All, I'm new to the group and this is my first post - so please let me know if I vae inadvertently breached the group's etiquette. I run a Small Business Server 2003 with CRM 3.0 and Exchange - patched to SBS sp1. I have a problem with a rougue Outlook client .. this particular client runs Norton's Internet Security 2006. This box was also recently rebuilt completely with XP SP2. When Norton's is running, http://crm and http://companyweb is unavailable - Explorer window disappears completely. IP address of SBS box is added to nortons as an "Allowed" IP. This i...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

CRM 3.0 Dutch version
We have install 3.0 SBS and working now with this for 10 weeks. We have a lot problems with CRM 3.0: Using Build 3.053.00 We have fix a lot off all problems with help from this Discussion board. But the problems are ther many times Webclient crashes many times, we have update and patch the IE. Webklient has strange faults in the user interface, twice F F in search tabs Accounts. Slow start CRM server (SQL server) when use CRM not for more then 300 Min. User access trow Webclient an Internet. Most functions like sync E_mail, Contacts and sort off information with Outlook will work not as aspe...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...