Multiline Quote

I am trying to print a quote with multiple line items onto a word
template via Word Mail Merge and have all the line items appear on 1
sheet or record.  I am using CRM 3.0 and using the print quote for
customer feature.  I have my template setup, it is type directory, I
have used the Alt + F9 to see the hidden code and its all there but it
prints each line item as a seperate quote.  I see {mergeseq} but that
doesnt help me unless someone describes how I can use that to help
resolve this.  I am not looking to purchase a 3rd party add on unless
there is no other resolution.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I have
seen this posted previously but, I never see a resolution other than
to purchase an add on.

0
James
2/13/2007 3:06:16 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello James J.,

You have to change the "main type" of your template to "directory". You can
change the "main type" of your template in  the "mail merge"-toolbar of MS
Word.

Regards,
Christian Ternek
_________________________
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!

WordMailMerge for MS CRM
GroupCalendar for MS CRM
Telephone Integration for MS CRM
EmailSignature for MS CRM

> I am trying to print a quote with multiple line items onto a word
> template via Word Mail Merge and have all the line items appear on 1
> sheet or record.  I am using CRM 3.0 and using the print quote for
> customer feature.  I have my template setup, it is type directory, I
> have used the Alt + F9 to see the hidden code and its all there but it
> prints each line item as a seperate quote.  I see {mergeseq} but that
> doesnt help me unless someone describes how I can use that to help
> resolve this.  I am not looking to purchase a 3rd party add on unless
> there is no other resolution.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I have
> seen this posted previously but, I never see a resolution other than
> to purchase an add on.

0
Christian
2/14/2007 5:46:03 AM
On Feb 14, 12:46 am, Christian Ternek (www.mscrm-addons.com)
<Christian.Ter...@mscrm-addons.com_SPAM_> wrote:
> Hello James J.,
>
> You have to change the "main type" of your template to "directory". You can
> change the "main type" of your template in  the "mail merge"-toolbar of MS
> Word.
>
> Regards,
> Christian Ternek
> _________________________www.mscrm-addons.com
> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
>
> WordMailMerge for MS CRM
> GroupCalendar for MS CRM
> Telephone Integration for MS CRM
> EmailSignature for MS CRM
>

> > I am trying to print a quote with multiple line items onto a word
> > template via Word Mail Merge and have all the line items appear on 1
> > sheet or record.  I am using CRM 3.0 and using the print quote for
> > customer feature.  I have my template setup, it is type directory, I
> > have used the Alt + F9 to see the hidden code and its all there but it
> > prints each line item as a seperate quote.  I see {mergeseq} but that
> > doesnt help me unless someone describes how I can use that to help
> > resolve this.  I am not looking to purchase a 3rd party add on unless
> > there is no other resolution.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I have
> > seen this posted previously but, I never see a resolution other than
> > to purchase an add on.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the response but it is set as Directory.

0
James
2/15/2007 1:51:35 PM
Then it could be that you have many cr/lf out of the mergeseq?
If you want you can send me you template and I will take a look whats wrong
with this template.

Regards,
Christian Ternek
_________________________

"James J." <silver71z@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Feb 14, 12:46 am, Christian Ternek (www.mscrm-addons.com)
> <Christian.Ter...@mscrm-addons.com_SPAM_> wrote:
>> Hello James J.,
>>
>> You have to change the "main type" of your template to "directory". You
>> can
>> change the "main type" of your template in  the "mail merge"-toolbar of
>> MS
>> Word.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christian Ternek
>> _________________________www.mscrm-addons.com
>> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
>>
>> WordMailMerge for MS CRM
>> GroupCalendar for MS CRM
>> Telephone Integration for MS CRM
>> EmailSignature for MS CRM
>>

>> > I am trying to print a quote with multiple line items onto a word
>> > template via Word Mail Merge and have all the line items appear on 1
>> > sheet or record.  I am using CRM 3.0 and using the print quote for
>> > customer feature.  I have my template setup, it is type directory, I
>> > have used the Alt + F9 to see the hidden code and its all there but it
>> > prints each line item as a seperate quote.  I see {mergeseq} but that
>> > doesnt help me unless someone describes how I can use that to help
>> > resolve this.  I am not looking to purchase a 3rd party add on unless
>> > there is no other resolution.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I have
>> > seen this posted previously but, I never see a resolution other than
>> > to purchase an add on.- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for the response but it is set as Directory.

0
Christian
2/16/2007 7:08:06 AM
I've had the same problem too and am so very frustrated. How would I know if
I have many cr/lf's out of the mergeseq? Where would I look. My reps are
manually editing quotes outside of the CRM now.
--
Sue

"Christian Ternek (www.mscrm-addons.com)" wrote:

> Then it could be that you have many cr/lf out of the mergeseq?
> If you want you can send me you template and I will take a look whats wrong
> with this template.
>
> Regards,
> Christian Ternek
> _________________________
> www.mscrm-addons.com
> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
>
> WordMailMerge for MS CRM
> GroupCalendar for MS CRM
> Telephone Integration for MS CRM
> EmailSignature for MS CRM
>
> "James J." <silver71z@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > On Feb 14, 12:46 am, Christian Ternek (www.mscrm-addons.com)
> > <Christian.Ter...@mscrm-addons.com_SPAM_> wrote:
> >> Hello James J.,
> >>
> >> You have to change the "main type" of your template to "directory". You
> >> can
> >> change the "main type" of your template in  the "mail merge"-toolbar of
> >> MS
> >> Word.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Christian Ternek
> >> _________________________www.mscrm-addons.com
> >> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
> >>
> >> WordMailMerge for MS CRM
> >> GroupCalendar for MS CRM
> >> Telephone Integration for MS CRM
> >> EmailSignature for MS CRM

> > Thanks for the response but it is set as Directory.

why is there a "^" in the cell?
Copied a worksheet, now both original and copy have "^" in the cells, causing formatting to be off. Words won't center horizontally or vertically and can't retype cell contents w/out it putting the "^" back in the cell. HELP! Try Tools / Options / Transition / Untick 'Transition navigation keys' if it is ticked. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness ...

"Extra line breaks in this message were removed"
It seems like on some of my e-mails I am losing what the email said and getting this message: Extra line breaks in this message were removed. Is it possible that I have set something in Outlook for this to happen and what exactly does it mean. I have "restored the line breaks", but it doesn't seem to restore what I believe the email had on it originally. Thanks, Maura. maura <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems like on some of my e-mails I am losing what the > email said and getting this message: > > Extra line breaks in this messag...

msn money stock quotes options symbol changes
Since the change to stock options symbols I have been unable to get stock option pricing. I have tried several forms of the new symbols (I cant seem to find a definitive description of the proper symbols) and nothing works. I have seen a couple references online by people that claim they got it to function but they don't include any working examples. Will the msn money stock quotes addin continue to work with stock options, and if so, please give an explanation and more importantly at least one actual working example. ...

multiline treectrl
Hello, How can I create multiline item of treectrl? Thanks MT Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is an issue. This might be a good alternative http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp AliR. "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello, > How can I create multiline item of treectrl? > Thanks > MT Do you mean multiple selections: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp ...

Lost "News" icon
I seem to have lost my "News" icon to launch Outlook Express. Can't find it when I try to customize the toolbar, either. Its not on the "Go" menu! Any ideas? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ned Fraser" <nedfraser@hotmail.com> wrote in ...

Edit box
Hi All, I want to create a simple program which has to write in an editbox numbers from 1 to 10, each on a different line. I created an integer member variable and I use a for loop to generate the numbers, but I don't know how to display them on different lines in the editbox. Any help appreciated Regards, Nicolae Just insert "\r\n". -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Nicolae Fieraru" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message news:41ec500a$1@duster.adelaide.on.ne...

returned mail
--------------------------------------- There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <servername #5.5.0 smtp;552 MS-Office file containing VBA macros found inside of the email> --------------------------------------- I cannot figure out why this error continues to come up. This just started after loading the patches from last Tuesday, and it does not happen with all office files. These files probably do have macro's, but they had no problems sending before last Tuesday's patch day. A googl...

"Tab" range
How do I change the Tab range from "next page" to "next cel"l? Just started new job and format is set to go to next page instead of next cell and cannot find "how" to change in HELP. Go to Tools | Options | Transition. Make sure the check box for Transition Navigation keys is not checked. "jdlocke34" wrote: > How do I change the Tab range from "next page" to "next cel"l? Just started > new job and format is set to go to next page instead of next cell and cannot > find "how" to change in HELP. ...

XmlDocument gives error: "... is an undeclared namespace"
My application produces XML Data files which have XML namespace qualified XML elements (nodes), but the namespace itself is not declared in the data file. My task is to read these data files in a C# app for viewing purposes. I am using "XmlDocument" and "DataSet" for displaying the XML data in the Data grid. Problem: If I add the Namespace declaration to the data file itself (by manually opening the file and adding a new Root element that defines the Namespace) then I have no issues in displaying the data. But I want to programmatically take care of declaring the N...

How do I eliminate the "A" designation in column "1" and substitu.
I want to substitute my own designations at the top instead of A, B, etc I want my columns labeled "Last Name", "First Name", etc. How? My chart is all finished Hi, You need to insert a line at the top of your list and type in the header names as you described. make sure there are no blank lines in your list. Select any cell in your list (preferably the column you want to sort by) then select Data, then sort. Make sure "my list has header row" is checked, then you should have your header row names in the sort by drop down lists. Good luck -- Message posted...

Clicking on the "X" in the top-right corner. How to catch it
Hi, clicking on the "X" in the top right corner (sorry, don't know the technical name of it) closes my application. But if a certain thread is running, i want to intercept this click, and allow the program to keep running. How do I do this? BOOL CMainFrame::DestroyWindow() { if(ThreadRunning) return FALSE; else return CFrameWnd::DestroyWindow(); } Doesn't seem to work..... Tried handling ON_WM_CLOSE? hamishd wrote: > Hi, clicking on the "X" in the top right corner (sorry, don't know the > technical name of it) closes my application....

ADD USB3.0 PORT(s) to a LAPTOP WITHOUT "ExpressCard"
Has anyone of your laptops craved for USB3.0, yet missing "ExpressCard" slot normally required for that adapter (at present is popping up everywhere for $29-50, my fav is "PatriotMemory" brand)? Brand new laptops sometimes come out w/o an ExpressCard slot - I can explan the reason but it's not a subject of this Article. Here's my soilution which worked. Disclaimers: 1) YOU WILL BLATANTLY VOID LAPTOP'S WARRANTY! As of me, I never cared for warranties, electronics these days is cheap, reliable and I can fix most down to SMT formfactor, more impo...

"send mail" icon in toolbar
I cannot get the "send mail" icon to showup in the toolbar. When my wife logs on to outlook in her name the "send mail" icon is to the left of the attachment icon but when i log on, it is nowhere to be found and our settings are exactly the same. any suggestions? ...

Removing "Maximize" from system menu.
I have a dialog based application. I want to completely remove the Maximize and the Size entries from the system menu. They are grayed now, but I want them totally removed. I just want a cleaner look since these will never be used. How do I do this? You could try making the main dialog have a Tool Window style set. It will be smaller, but it looks nice. Tom "Paco" <paco_beams@gmail.com> wrote in message news:mwjai.25898$JZ3.17718@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net... >I have a dialog based application. I want to completely remove the Maximize >and the Size entries f...

Two "(ALL)" Cbo box problem
I have a form with two Cbo boxes that have a list of items and has the '(All)' choice in each Cbo Box. I have a query with the criteria set as the result for each Choice for each Cbo Box. ie [Forms]![Form]![Cbo1] The query works fine when I pick an actual value from either of the Cbo Boxes. But if any of the Values I choose is "(ALL)" nothing is returned in my query. I had it working fine also when I had only one of the Cbo's with the "(ALL)" value but once I added the second, it seems the query was not able to handle it. the Query Syntax is Select ...

how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th".
how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such as "3rd of April 2010". when i run my program the words that appears onthe screen was 3-Apr-10. can you help me solve this problem? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:47:01 -0700, cristin wrote: > how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am > working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such > as &q...

Multiline tooltips
I'm handling TTN_NEEDTEXTx messages in my CMainFrame class and copying a string to the szText member of the TOOLTIPTEXTx structure depending on the resource id of the control. I'm doing this because the state for each control id can change and I want the tooltip to reflect the current state of the control. Okay, that all works fine, but how do I implement a multi-line height tooltip? I've tried using \r\n and just \n but the tooltips still are single line with a little box character in place of the carriage return or line feed. Anyone know how to do multi-line tooltips and if s...

Multiple *.pst files in "All Mail Folders"
Dear All: I have multiple *.pst files that have been created over the last 10 years. Most are still on the old 2000 format ie not the new 2003 format. Some relate to specific projects and others relate to series of companies etc etc. They were all under the former 2 gig limits in size for pst files. I would like to have those files available in the " All Mail Folders" section in Outlook 2003. However, I get an "out of resources" when I bring those files into the folder area and try to open a pst file to read an email or deposit a new email in that file/folder. (abc.pst...

Using "implements"
I recently heard a talk about using inheritance in Access. Following my notes, I created a form called frmAncestor, which had a msgBox statement in its load event, and displayed a few columns from a table. Then I created a form called frmDescendant, which had a msgBox statement in its load event as well. Then I put this in its Open event Implements form_frmAncestor But when I tried to compile with that Implements statement in place, I get this error message "Function or interface marked as restricted, or the function uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic."...

How to disable the "Customize" window
Hi I would like to disable the access to the "customize" wi�dow. I know to make it by disabling the menu item in "tools" menu and selectimg it with the pop-up menu by clicking with the right key of mouse, like the code wiitten below show: Application. CommandBars("Tools").Controls(16).Enabled = False Application. CommandBars("ToolBar List").Enabled = False But remaims the access with double click of the mouse. Anybody knows how to make it? Thanks Rui �lvares email: rui.alvares@netvisao.pt ...

Can Purchase Receipts table be "fixed"
We just took on a new client running 9.0 w/SP3 and performed an inventory reconcile on their test company (just copied from live) with disastrous results. Example: Qty on hand for an item showed 459 vs 511 actually in stock, after reconcile qty on hand shows (12,897). Is it possible to "start over" with current inventory in the purchase receipts table and move on from there? MES, Where to start... this a bit more complicated than it sounds. When you run the inventory reconcile process, there are numerous files that the system looks at to come up with the value it provided yo...

CEdit multiline
I read the contents of a file and store them in a CStringArray with each element of the CStringArray containing one line of text. then I use the following routine to display the file contents into a multiline CEdit control, however it display only one line of text Any suggestions will be appreciated. int nLines = m_strFileDataArray.GetUpperBound();; CString temp, temp1; temp.Empty(); for (int i = 0; i != nLines; i++) { temp += m_strFileDataArray[i]; temp = "\r\n"; } m_EditWnd.SetWindowText(temp); /r/n should give a line break. You need to make sure that your control ...

"OR" in Formula
I'm trying to create a formula that basically says: IF a2 = BC or WWW, then insert the number 60, else if a2 = FR or FH, then insert the number 120, else if a2 = SS or BS or PS or AS, then insert the number 200. This has me totally confused... I've done other similar calculations but never using 'OR'. -- Thanks! Barb "Barb" wrote: > I'm trying to create a formula that basically says: > IF a2 = BC or WWW, then insert the number 60, > else if a2 = FR or FH, then insert the number 120, > else if a2 = SS or BS or PS or AS, then insert t...

Actions "greyed out"
Just installed Outlook 2003 (Trail Version) and it does not let me complete any actions (e.g., set up an appointment, accept an invitation). Appreciate any suggestions. Did you activate it? How long ago did you install the trial? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, txtxyeha asked: | Just installed Outlook 2003 (Trail Version) and it does not let me | complete any actions (e.g.,...

"This Operation Cannot be performed"
After I exit Money 2003 and choose to back it up to the harddrive, I get a message "This operation cannot be performed". The backup operation appears to work ok. What does this mean? Tough to say. Try reading http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "John Smith" <lonchaney@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:StnAb.158649$Ec1.6188337@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > After I exit Money 2003 and choose to back it up to the harddrive, I get > a message "This operation cannot be performed". The backup operation > appears to work ok. What does this mea...