MSCRMAddressBook Error

I've Installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 and the Outlook tools and everything worked
fine for about two days.  Now I'm getting the following error when I startup
Windows and of course CRM for outlook never loads.

***Begin ****************************************************
An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could not
be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM server
availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005. Context=Access
check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940.
******End****************************************************

On the same machine i can open the web version without fail integrated login
works just fine so AD must be working correctly.

Thanks for any help.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ok, I have uninstalled Outlook Client and the reinstall will not work it
can't find the server.  Of course the Web version is working fine. HELP.
This worked like a champ the first time around in fact i did the first
install across a VPN connection and it worked the first time now i'm local
and no joy

"Andrew Birch" wrote:

> I've Installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 and the Outlook tools and everything worked
> fine for about two days.  Now I'm getting the following error when I startup
> Windows and of course CRM for outlook never loads.
>
> ***Begin ****************************************************
> An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could not
> be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM server
> availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005. Context=Access
> check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940.
> ******End****************************************************
>
> On the same machine i can open the web version without fail integrated login
> works just fine so AD must be working correctly.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Does the rest of the Outlook client work fine? Are you running online or
offline?

"Andrew Birch" <AndrewBirch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I have uninstalled Outlook Client and the reinstall will not work it
> can't find the server.  Of course the Web version is working fine. HELP.
> This worked like a champ the first time around in fact i did the first
> install across a VPN connection and it worked the first time now i'm local
> and no joy
>
> "Andrew Birch" wrote:
>
>> I've Installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 and the Outlook tools and everything
>> worked
>> fine for about two days.  Now I'm getting the following error when I
>> startup
>> Windows and of course CRM for outlook never loads.
>>
>> ***Begin ****************************************************
>> An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could
>> not
>> be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM
>> server
>> availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005.
>> Context=Access
>> check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940.
>> ******End****************************************************
>>
>> On the same machine i can open the web version without fail integrated
>> login
>> works just fine so AD must be working correctly.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

0
MJ
12/27/2005 8:57:51 PM
Thanks for the note back.  Yes I’m online; on the local LAN however it would
never load I've uninstalled and now the reinstall says it can't find the
server.

I have doubled checked http://crm:5555 and there are no DNS issues.  What
web service page can I try in the browser to try and debug the server issues
as that is what must be happing?  I have also ran the Diag Wizard on the
server it come up clean.

thanks again

"Andrew Birch" wrote:

> I've Installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 and the Outlook tools and everything worked
> fine for about two days.  Now I'm getting the following error when I startup
> Windows and of course CRM for outlook never loads.
>
> ***Begin ****************************************************
> An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could not
> be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM server
> availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005. Context=Access
> check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940.
> ******End****************************************************
>
> On the same machine i can open the web version without fail integrated login
> works just fine so AD must be working correctly.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Andrew - did you ever get this resolved?

"Andrew Birch" wrote:

> Thanks for the note back.  Yes I’m online; on the local LAN however it would
> never load I've uninstalled and now the reinstall says it can't find the
> server.
>
> I have doubled checked http://crm:5555 and there are no DNS issues.  What
> web service page can I try in the browser to try and debug the server issues
> as that is what must be happing?  I have also ran the Diag Wizard on the
> server it come up clean.
>

> thanks again
>

> "Andrew Birch" wrote:
>
> > I've Installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 and the Outlook tools and everything worked
> > fine for about two days.  Now I'm getting the following error when I startup
> > Windows and of course CRM for outlook never loads.
> >
> > ***Begin ****************************************************
> > An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could not
> > be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM server
> > availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005. Context=Access
> > check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940.
> > ******End****************************************************
> >
> > On the same machine i can open the web version without fail integrated login
> > works just fine so AD must be working correctly.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

Conversion errors Access 7.0 -> Access 2003
I am trying to convert an Access 7.0 file to the 2003 program. I get an error message: "Visual Basic Applications project in database is corrupt". I then created a blank database in 2003 imported the existing tables without problem. However, I can't import the forms. I copied a form and stripped it of ALL code, but I still get the same error message. Any ideas or suggestions? I can't even get the structure of the form imported and I was prepared to cut and paste the code and recompile it, etc. See if you can SaveAsText to recover the forms: dim dbs as dao.database...

Error connecting to Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C51EA3.218BF4D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2002 SP3. I am frequently getting the error "Cannot connect to = POP3 server" on two of my four accounts, yet as soon as I get the error = message, if I click "send and receive" it connects OK. Could this be an = ISP/Mail hosting problem (my ISP is NOT my mail host) or could it be an = Outlook problem? --=20 Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker=20 D...

Error Creating Year End Wage File
We are receiving an error "A get/change first operation on table "UPR_MSTR" failed accessing SQL data". If we cancel out of it and go in as another user, it says the Create process is locked by the user that recieved the UPR_MSTR error above. We performed the 2008 Year End Updates and the date shows 11/14/2008. ...

Accessing another user mailbox cause an error....
Hi, I have 2 disabled accounts (old employees) I want to access their mailbox to archive them in a pst file then delete these mailbox from the server. So, In outlook 2003, I'll add these mailbox in the list of available mailbox , but when I click on it I receive the error: "the set of folders could not be opened" what I have to do to give access to these mailbox? when I change the password of this user and connect using it, the access to exchange is denied!!! there is a delay when I enable an account before I can access exchange again? thanks jerome. Enable the accou...

error in importing data
Hi, i just finished to update my crm 3.0 and now i would like to import my datas. I have a .csv file and the importation procedure recognice all the record, but crm gives me always the error 8x8004032d for all records. Can someone help me please? My profile can do everything so I am sure to have the autorities to import. Thanks Alessandra I'm assuming you're trying to import the accounts? I believe that you can't import them. If you have Scribe, I'll send you the .dts file to import them as Accounts & Contacts - it would save you alot of time. "Alessandra"...

UPDATEBLOB error
OS: Windows XP. DBMS: SQL Server 2008. Development tool: PowerBuilder 10.5. I am attempting to save a digital photo image to a table ( datatype of column is varbinary(max) ) with an UPDATEBLOB statement via embedded SQL; however, I'm getting the following error - SQLSTATE = S1010 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error. (SQLCODE = -1 and SQLDBCODE = 999). Does anyone have any suggestions to help solve this problem? In addition, the connection to SQL Server 2008 is via ODBC. The DBPARM = "Connectstring='Driver=SQL Server Native Client 1...

Error (81)
I Just upgraded my Office to Office Pro 2003 and now every-time I click the < TO...> to get the contact list to send an email mail, I get "Can't Contact LDAP Directory Server (81) Any help would me appreciated Laser Laser <laserfrk_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote: > I Just upgraded my Office to Office Pro 2003 and now every-time I > click the < TO...> to get the contact list to send an email mail, I > get > "Can't Contact LDAP Directory Server (81) > > Any help would me appreciated If you don't want to connect to the LDAP server, c...

receive email error
Hello, my problem it's that I can't receive external emails in my mairelay. yes I can sent but a can't receive. I don't know tecnical commands to test my Exchange server. My supplyer from the Internet connection told me that it's a problem from my fireWall server. How can I test my exchange from outside. EVIANA wrote: > Hello, > > my problem it's that I can't receive external emails in my > mairelay. > yes I can sent but a can't receive. > > I don't know tecnical commands to test my Exchange server. > My supplyer from t...

Error on start-up
I am getting the following error message every time I start Excel. I don't know what this file is and I am not trying to open it. Perhaps someone could tell me how to stop this from happening. I realize that the program "Documents to Go" is the culprate but since I had trouble with it anyway I uninstalled it and neither it nor it's directory are on my computer any longer. -- Thanks in advance... Bob ******************************************************* "C:\Program Files\Palm\Documents to Go\DVZXLAddin.xla' could not be found. Check the spelling of the ...

Error Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I'm trying to import a general excel spreadsheet into access. However, everytime I try to import it, it says there is an error importing the data and that it can not be imported. Also, it doesn't give me any indication to what type of error it is. I've tried pasting the data into a fresh spreadsheet and that still didn't reslove the issue. Does any one have an idea onto why I would be getting this error message? hi Jason- It could be some of the values in the title of a column such as # and @. What kind of data are you importing? Time- Dates- just words? Are there ...

Error message in Outlook 2007 AND Shutdown error in Outlook
I USED to have Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing installed and functioning (and the Inbox still has a a subfolder named Access Data Collection Replies). For some unknown reason, that add-in is no longer functioning correctly and does not send/receive data as it used to and I can't find where to get the program to re-install it. The problem is two-fold - first, anytime I now select any email message to read, I receive an error message titled 'Custom UI Runtime Error in Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing&#...

MSExchange Transport Error NDR Event ID: 3010
I started seeing this error in my Application Event Log. I tracked the message by the message ID and notice that it tries to deliver it via SMTP with NDR and then via X.400 and it makes it successfully to the destination server in the other site. Any idea how to fix it? It is a Public Folder Update I believe...? I usually see this error twice in a row with different message ID's Tracking History ----------------- Message Tracking History is as follows: Message received from <5.5-SERVER-NAME> Through X400 SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted to...

Error 2465
I developed an app using Access2K. Seeing my computer at work uses Access97, I proceeded by converting to prior version. I copy this 97db onto my work computer and compile before using. When I click on one of the buttons to print a report, I get an error 2465. Application-Defined or Object-Defined Error. I checked my references and changes from DAO3.6 to DAO3.5 but that didn't help. When it errors, it stops at the following code: Set rs = Me!qryShipmentDimssubform.Form.Recordset Any idea what causes this. I have never come across this error in the five years of playing around with Acc...

error messages #11
I recently get an error message in Outlook 2002 that says, "The data file personal folders was not properly closed" JD <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently get an error message in Outlook 2002 that > says, "The data file personal folders was not properly > closed" Is there a question here somewhere? -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Error #44
A user is getting an saying Error unkown when deleting mail. How do I solve this Thanks a mill ...

error when resizing chartarea programaticly
sThis snipet of code fails in the with black while trying to set .width = 200 sub a() Set co = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Add(cw * 3, rh * 0.5, cw * 8, rh * 20) ' Name it co.Name = "ChartExample" With co.Chart.ChartArea .Width = 200 End With end sub You can't change the chart area of an embedded chart; it is defined by the width of the chart object. Try this: co.Width = 205 You need to make the chart object a few points wider (~ 205 I'm guessing) than the chart area (200) of the chart it contains. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cu...

Even an error with this code I copied
I found a password login system for Access and copied it to aon click event on a form in Access 2007, but there is an error in the coding. I have created a tblEmployees with the following fields: IngEmpID strEmpName strEmpPassword Then I put a unbound combo box on a form with the username and password fields. The combo box gets a list from strEmpName in the tblEmployees I then copied the code given into the on click event of the cmd button: BUT there is a Compile error 'variable not defined' IngMyEmpID, as shown below 'Check to see if data is entered into the ...

There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred.
There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Any more info... Good Newsgroup Posts: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm How to ask a newsgroup question: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "frustratedandfedup" <frustratedandfedup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:654ED4DD-E9AA-4C87-9D91-F9162981E978@microsoft.com... > There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. Hello F & F, To have no errors Would be ...

Averageif error in 2007??
I have been using the averageif formula in 2007. According to the help file the "range" or "average_range" can include arrays, However when I have attempted to set an array for evaluation only the first column is evaluated in the result. I only discovered this when I compared it to my old method which was to use an array function "average(if". Is this a problem with the averageif formula or am I missing something? Larry Syntax AVERAGEIF(range,criteria,average_range) Range is one or more cells to average, including numbers or names, arrays, or references ...

transferred docs to new computer, getting errors on some

Edit Links Error Message
I have a document with charts in it that originally came from another source. When I try to do an "Update Fields" on the entire document (Ctrl-A first, then F9), I get a message that says the linked file is not available and tells me to use the Edit Links command. I click OK, but this message comes up repeatedly for each link in the document, then finally allows me to do the update. Once that is done, however, Word stops working and I have to close the document and start over. I have gone to Edit Links (Microsoft Office button > Prepare > Edit Links to Files) a...

Payment error
I am receiving the following error message when doing a manual payment against and AP invoice: Distributions haven't been updated for your change. Use the Payables Transaction Entry Distribution window to update the cash account distribution. I have gone into the posted AP invoice and it all looks correct to me. At this point, I am wondering what the problem is and why this is happening. Thanks! Laura Laura, Have you double checked to make sure the distributions in your manual payment are correct? The error is referring to the Payables Entry Transaction Distributions in the M...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Error message when downloading
I get an error message when I try to download from outlook saying process "timed out." One FAQ mentioned changing settings on a certain router but it is not the one I use. My ISP says Outlook may be corrupted. Any suggestions? Thanks ...