MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel

Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel -
Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign
On into MSCRM?

It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as
the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I
have never seen this mentioned as being relevant.
I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be
a single domain.

If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks

0
Antoine
1/6/2005 5:05:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Prompt a user when a duplicate Sales Order entry is being made
Is there any way for Great Plains to prompt a user when a duplicate Sales Order entry is being made for the same customer either by customer Purchase Order # or Date? For example: some applications pop up a screen stating that “Sales Order has all ready been created for this customer today, do you wish to continue”. We have done this using VBA. After the PO number is entered, and then the user leaves the field, we check to see if the Customer ID and PO Number combination already exist. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "GPI" wrote: > Is there any way for Great Plains to prompt a ...

User navigation system with XML file
Here is the XML file i am using right now, note: there is only an "Administrator" group right now, in the end there will be 6 or 7 different groups of navigation levels <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Nav Role="Administrator"> <Button id="EmployeeManagement" label="Employee Management"> <Item id="NewEmployee" label="New Employee"> <Link>http://groups.google.com</Link> <Target>_blank</Target> <Shortcut>N</Shortcut> </Item> &...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

MSCRM and UNIX
Hi, I'd like tu use MSCRM with UNIX on the client side (actually, the commercial people use MSCRM with Windows and IE, but there are some technical people who work with UNIX and they need MSCRM too ). Does anyone know how to do it ? (perhaps with CITRIX ?) Is someone has an idea for me, it will be very helpfull. Thank's in advance, Helen I don't know if you can do this because for access the WEB GUI of the CRM is mandatory use Internet Explorer 6 SP1. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "H�l�ne" <helene.arnal@carthago.fr> escreveu na mensagem news:...

Help! Opening other user's folder in Outlook
My boss has given me permission to his Outlook inbox and a few folders in his inbox. I can open his inbox, but I am unable to find and open any of his folder. I can't even figure out how to get a folder list. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

how to clear login history in win xp?
how to clear login history in win xp? which file to look for? thanks -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > how to clear login history in win xp? > which file to look for? > > thanks Do you mean "Do not display last user name in logon screen" ? If yes: * Open the Registry Editor. * Go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ policies \ system * On the right, locate the key dontdisplaylastusername * Right-click to edit and set its value to 1 * Restart the computer. Bern...

Creating a process as the local user from a program in the system account?
Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about starting a program for the current, logged in user? - Anders G Have you looked at CreateProcessAsUser, maybe that one can help. /Niklas "Anders Gustafsson" <dalNOton@peSPAMdago.fi> wrote in message news:VA.00000066.00b3d048@pespamdago.fi... > Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for > example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about > starting a program for the current, logg...

how to pass a control pointer to a Single Doc/View with CFormView ?
All: I am using .NET 2005 MFC Single Doc/View framework with CFormView. I have a edit box in the CFormView dialog. In MyTestView.cpp, I need to pass this edit box pointer before I generate my other object. My question is: 1. Where is the good place to pass this edit box pointer? View constructor, or OnInitialUpdate() ? 2. How do I pass this pointer? I have tried to (CStatic*) this->GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT_BOX) that doesn't work. Thank you so much awu > 1. Where is the good place to pass this edit box pointer? View > constructor, or OnInitialUpdate() ? Constructor is a bad ch...

Send appointmernt to all users
Hello, I need help to find a way to send an appointment to global users and force accepting it, in another word the decline option won't be available for the users. Any tips will helps. Thanks ...

User controls for MS CRM
I'm looking for using the MS CRM grid into an own developed page. Anyone succeed in using the grid control of MS CRM itself? Or which addons are available for ms crm controls (3.0)? Thanks, ...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

Create Mailbox without login user in
exchange won't create a mailbox without login the user in first to the domain. Is there any way to bypass this thing. Let's say the account is just a regular user and not an admin. How would i sitting at the DC or exchange server manage to fool the AD into creating the account without 1. logging off the admin account and login in as the user or 2. going to another workstation and loggin the user there for the first time. thank you very much create the account and include the exchange properties to create a mailbox. wait a few minutes for the RUS to populate the necessary attrib...

Strange Active-X control problem
I was experimenting with the Active-X control "Calendar Control" and everything seemed to be fine on my Win2K development system. I tried executing the program on my WinXP desktop system and as soon as I invoked the dialog that includes the control I got the dreaded "XXX MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close down..." message. Okay, strike one. Perhaps it means that the control isn't registered on that system and I'd appreciate either confirmation or correction on this. BUT ... Then I also tried executing the program on my Win98SE system an...

Search in MSCRM
Is it possible to search in other fields than the 'name' field using the standard search (not adv. search) in MS CRM. ex. AccountNumber for Account or ProductNumber for Products? Each record type as a primary field which is always displayed in the views for that record type and it is always this field that is used with standard search facilities. You would have to use the advanced find feature to search on other columns. look at c360 searchpac, it will greatly expand your ability to do searches. tom >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to search in other fields than t...

in VB6, how to get an equation from the ChartSpace control
Hi there, How to get an equation from the ChartSpace control in VB6 ? I can display the equation by the following code, but I need to get the equation for further process. Your earliest reply will be highly appreciated! ' Display the equation used to calculate the trendline. tlSeries1Trend.IsDisplayingEquation = True ' Set the trendline to be a Logarithmic trendline. tlSeries1Trend.Type = chConstants.chTrendlineTypeLogarithmic On 01/07/2010 01:57, sunlite wrote: > Hi there, > > How to get an equation from the ChartSpace control in VB6 ? > >...

access 2007 user-level security
hello, we have mdb file created with access 2003 and access 2000. With Access 2003 there's to user-level security, but when i opened this file with Access 2007 this security level doesn't work. where we're wrong? TIA pippo wrote: > hello, we have mdb file created with access 2003 and access 2000. > With Access 2003 there's to user-level security, but when i opened this > file with Access 2007 this security level doesn't work. > where we're wrong? > TIA When you opened this in 2007, did you happen to convert this into .accdb perhaps by...

i did something wrong. New User
On two machines now I have tried to change the user and screwed up both machines. I was asked to remove the existing user (with administrative privalige) and create a new user with administrative privalige. Then remove the old user and all of their files. I went to the User applet and created the new user, logged off as the old user and logged on as the new user. Went back to the User applet and selected the old user and picked the "delete user" option and the "delete user files" option. The PCs worked fine and came back up with the new user on a Shutdown-...

Distribution of MSCRM v3 Outlook Client
We have over 400 MSCRM users in 20 different countries. We need to distribute the Outlook Client to all those users. Group Policies are not really an option for remote users. All our users have admin priviledges on their machines. We attempted to post to an FTP site but there any many files and it is quite large. How do you recommend distributing the client? Is our only option to burn CDs for distribution? Thanks! Shelley, You're right, this will be an issue for you since the Client package is almost 400MB. You can go the CD route or copy the CLIENT folder installation to strateg...

login on drill down report using ie
We are using a SQL Server embedded connection and a specific user name and password for the Report Server. Meaning not Windows Authentication. When we use a report URL as the drill down from one report to another and click on the link, we get the Report Server logon asking for User Name and Password . Once we enter these the drill down report works fine. We have tried to include the user name (dsu) and password (dsp) in the URL below but cannot get it to work and need assistance in structuring the Hyperlink expression. Also we would like to hide the address information so ...

Data migration from MSCRM TO MSCRM
Hi all, We are running CRM with one Database in that there are lots of data. I want move all the data into new server with fresh installation of CRM. How can do, Please any one can help. Anbu Take a back up of MSCRM & METABASE databases, Restore it on NEW SQL Server, Create empty _Crystal database, Install CRM with existing databases option. You should be good to go. Shoot me with any question you have. Q >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >We are running CRM with one Database in that there are >lots of data. I want move all the data into new server >with fresh...

Login Error #3
I have upgraded my server from 9 to 10; however, I'm working on client install and getting the following error in GP_LoginErrors.log Product Name: HITB Report Database Version: 1001296 Client Version: 9015 I have copied the HTB5597.dic file from server. It also shows version 9015 in the Windows properties, but runs fine on the server. I've copared dynsmics.set files and every seems to be the same. What am I missing? Thanks, G.A. maybe your dictionary is correct, but on the dynamics table in sql it has not upgraded its version run this query and it will tell you the version ...

Problems with multiple user accounts in win xp
When I upgraded to Money 2006 Premium from Money 2005 my settings transferred fine and I have had no problems. However, since the upgrade my partners account has not worked correctly. Now when she downloads a statement she must save and import later instead of direct import. Also the money file types (.ofx, .mny, etc.) do not show up as registered file types. I know this is causing the problem with downloads but havent been able to fix it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. ...

CRM 3.0: Authorizaton/Login Errors
Situation: Win2003/CRM 3.0/Exchange 2003/SQL 2000 SP4 Had a SQL 2000 DB that was incorrectly configured initially. Created a new SQL 2000 DB and imported the data into it. Authorization errors began (as expected). Then, uninstalled CRM Ran the Redeployment Wizard - which appeared to complete successful (per log etc) Attempted CRM reinstall - ran into the following error(s): SQL Server Reporting Services web site installation issues ->still had the IIS sites in place Uninstalled IIS/Reinstalled IIS (SMTP etc) Still reporting Authorization errors Question: I have read severa...

Computer freezes at welcome screen after login
PC runs Vista SP2 boots up fine but when you click on a user (either an administrator or limited user) you get to the welcome screen and then nothing happens. Pressing ctrl alt delete twice gives you the task manager and then it is possible to cancel and then everything works ok after that. I have run a virus check and also for spyware. Please can you suggest a possible cause or what I need to look for. Thanks Bruce ...

Screen Saver Won't work and End User License Agreement messages
I hope this is the correct group to post my message. I bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate OS. First of all, I can't get my screen savers to work. Also, each time I open a MS Office 2003 program I get a User License Agreement which I must agree to before the programs will work. This is the same software I used on my XP machines without this agreement needed. Any ideas on both of my questions? If you had briefly glanced at the top of the page it MAY have read "Discussion in Access Database General Questyions". This news group is for MS Access and nothing else! h...