MSCRM & Exchange 2003

Hi,

IG.PDF on the MSCRM 1.2 documentation CD says, that MSCRM may coexist with an Exchange 2003 on the same machine, but this isn't recommended. Why would that be?

I have precisely the same deployment scenario ahead of me! I am running a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition box. This machine has Exchange 2003, Sharepoint Portal Server 2003, SQL Server 2000 (sp3) installed on it. I need to run MSCRM v1.2 on the same machine. This box is also my Domain Controller.

Are there any known issues in running the configuration mentioned above? Anyone running similar configurations and have had any issues?? Please do let me know ASAP!

Cheers!
Yusuf
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Performance!

I'm running a sandbox on the same machine with MS-CRM, AD,
Exchange, IIS and whatever, without any problems - but I
do not have 10,000 users!

Rgds,
Per

0
anonymous
5/4/2004 3:41:33 AM
>Performance!

Hi all!!

The only real reason why it is not recommended is
performance. My server is only a test machine, so it is
not very big. It is a PIII, 1.3 Celerom with a gig ram. I
have about four users on the box, but it runs well. Its
been up now for a month and it is running fine. I suppose
that if it has to take a load it will give me problems,
but so far it is running without a hitch.(I will have
about a max of six users). A few services has died on me
but nothing major. If you look in the installation &
Config training kit, there is a one box scenario that is
rated for up to forty users.

Dual 1.8Ghz Xeon P4
512 ram
Controller: SCSI(2nd controller preferred) with Hardware
RAID 5(3drive for RAID 5 - 2 for RAID 1)
Network Card: 10/100 Mb Net card.

If you use a one box scenario, beef up your ram that
should see you right. That's my advice.

Good luck to you all!!!

Regards

jan
0
jan
5/4/2004 5:40:57 AM
I have done this in a test area and perforance is a major issue.

We tested this for 100 users and it is advisable to have each services on
its own server.  Mainly because of support reasons  (if you need to reboot
SQL, or exchange you will have a major downtime etc..)

I think i have seen somewhere where is says Microsoft does not support  AD,
Exchange and SQL on the same box?  i maybe wrong.

Regards

"Yusuf Khatri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> IG.PDF on the MSCRM 1.2 documentation CD says, that MSCRM may coexist with
an Exchange 2003 on the same machine, but this isn't recommended. Why would
that be?

> I have precisely the same deployment scenario ahead of me! I am running a
Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition box. This machine has Exchange 2003,
Sharepoint Portal Server 2003, SQL Server 2000 (sp3) installed on it. I need
to run MSCRM v1.2 on the same machine. This box is also my Domain
Controller.

> Are there any known issues in running the configuration mentioned above?
Anyone running similar configurations and have had any issues?? Please do
let me know ASAP!

> Cheers!
> Yusuf

0
CRMNoobs
5/4/2004 11:10:38 AM
The only supported single box config is SBS.

So you'll be on your own

Peter L

"Yusuf Khatri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> IG.PDF on the MSCRM 1.2 documentation CD says, that MSCRM may coexist with
an Exchange 2003 on the same machine, but this isn't recommended. Why would
that be?

> I have precisely the same deployment scenario ahead of me! I am running a
Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition box. This machine has Exchange 2003,
Sharepoint Portal Server 2003, SQL Server 2000 (sp3) installed on it. I need
to run MSCRM v1.2 on the same machine. This box is also my Domain
Controller.

> Are there any known issues in running the configuration mentioned above?
Anyone running similar configurations and have had any issues?? Please do
let me know ASAP!

> Cheers!
> Yusuf

0
Peter
5/6/2004 7:04:29 PM
I have one client with 5 CRM on SBS2003 all on the same server. The server
isnt too beefy. 2.4Ghz, 1200MB ram, RAID1 S-ATA drives. My big concern was
disk i/o , but so far its been doing ok with the few users.

At my office we have a quad xeon SQL server holding 40 Databases including
CRM SQL, a 2.4ghz, 1Gig ram for Exchange. Our CRM webfront is on a 1.6 box
with 512mb ram and IDE drives and it runs like a dream.
0
Benjamin

Win2k8 Server with Exchange?
Hi, Is Win2k8 Server comes with Microsoft Exchange or do we have to buy MS Exchange separately? Thanks, Garu Hello Garu, Exchange is a separate software. Or you use Windows small business server, which has limitations as only 75 users for example. http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/compare-features.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hi, > ...

Office 2003 Excel calculation is slow?
Using Win XP Pro and Office Professional 2003. When calculating a large macro driven linked workbook on the network server - the calculation is very slow. When I sign on with my roaming profile and calculate the same workbook - using Office Standard, the calculation is very fast? Any thoughts or recommendations? Anyone ?? "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:uYVKBZEJHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Win XP Pro and Office Professional 2003. > > When calculating a large macro driven linked workbook on the network > serv...

Exchange Resource Calendars
Hello, We have recently migrated from 5.5 to 2003. We have a conference room resource that is emailing one of the admin accounts everytime something is scheduled, updated or canceled. I've checked the account in AD for forwarding and at the Outlook level. It's not a moderated public folder. The admin account doesn't show as an attendee in the original email. However, if you open the email and got to Actions - New Email to Attendees, the admin email shows up. Any help would be great on this. Thanks Dan Check the resource mailbox and see if the admin account is listed as a ...

Outlook express & Exchange support
What is required in Outlook express to talk to exchange 2007 ? Can Outlook hand SSL/TLS connections ? Port 143 (IMAP), 563, or 443 ? Jared technet147@gmail.com On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 05:43:50 +0800, Jared <technet147@gmail.com> wrote: >What is required in Outlook express to talk to exchange 2007 ? > >Can Outlook hand SSL/TLS connections ? Port 143 (IMAP), 563, or 443 ? > >Jared >technet147@gmail.com Nothing. Outlook Express and whatever mail client succeeded it can connect to Exchange over POP and IMAP, with or without the 's' Just do it. ...

Can't change the Senders Name in Exchange 2003
I have a Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2003 with Exchange SP1 applied. We have a user who we want to change the display name on because of a marriage. Every place I can find the name it has been changed from First Old to First New. The name appears First New in the global address list but on all the messages the user sends it still shows First Old. I got the hot fix for KB888416 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=888416) applied and made the registry entry. But the name still appears First Old. Any help? If they are running Outlook 2003 in Cached mode, try disabling cached mode....

MSCRM and UNIX
Hi, I'd like tu use MSCRM with UNIX on the client side (actually, the commercial people use MSCRM with Windows and IE, but there are some technical people who work with UNIX and they need MSCRM too ). Does anyone know how to do it ? (perhaps with CITRIX ?) Is someone has an idea for me, it will be very helpfull. Thank's in advance, Helen I don't know if you can do this because for access the WEB GUI of the CRM is mandatory use Internet Explorer 6 SP1. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "H�l�ne" <helene.arnal@carthago.fr> escreveu na mensagem news:...

2003 Save as Template
Hello all, I have 2003 and am saving templates. I have created a blank publication and added a logo and some colour to the Master Page. I then moved to the Foreground and added some empty text boxes and picture holders. These were definately on the foreground. I then Saved As a Template into the default folder. When I open the template it tells me that all the placeholders are on the Master page. I have repeated this process a few times all with the same effect. On another PC it works perfectly. Is this a known issue? or do I need a service pack??? Any help will be gratefully appre...

Finding an email message in Exchange 2000
Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who on our Echange server received it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Greg wrote: > Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange > 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email > address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who > on our Echange server received it. > > Any help is much apprecia...

Removing exchange 2000 #2
Hey, I have exchange 2003 running and I have migrated all users and public folder to exchange 2003. I have shut down my exchange 2000 for a month now to ensure I have no problems. I need to know how to remove exchange 2000 and leave just the exchange 2003 running. Can someone help me? Ron Follow this article and make sure you leave time for replication, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11C9AD0A...

Exchange standby
I have a full AD environment I was wondering rather then a cluster (which is not neccessary) can I just install a copy of Exchange 2000 on another box and not load the mailbox store and in the event that my Exchange box expirences hardware failure I can just rebuild from backups? Now will have a standby exchange will this give me issues on mail handling i.e. will the two install fight for whos handing mail? Does this even make sense? Parts of it sound like the logical thing to do, but it won't work. Some have a standby server that uses same hardware as production server. In case of...

Search in MSCRM
Is it possible to search in other fields than the 'name' field using the standard search (not adv. search) in MS CRM. ex. AccountNumber for Account or ProductNumber for Products? Each record type as a primary field which is always displayed in the views for that record type and it is always this field that is used with standard search facilities. You would have to use the advanced find feature to search on other columns. look at c360 searchpac, it will greatly expand your ability to do searches. tom >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to search in other fields than t...

Exchange Server 2003 #5
I am facing a problem regarding Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server. Please help if you can. It is very urgent. Previously we had one Exchange Server 2003+DC in our domain. Now we have two more Exchange 2003 Clusters installed on Windows Server 2003 member servers. We moved some mailboxes from old Exchange to new Exchange Clusters. Users of these moved mailboxes can send mails to anywhere, but do not receive mails from any user having mailbox in old Exchange Server as well as Internet. Users of moved mailboxes can receive mails from each other only. Outlook 2003 users holding mailboxes o...

Sync Exchange 5.5 Public Folders with Exchange 2003 Public Folder
Anyone out there have any steps that can copy folder permissions from 5.5 to 2003? I have already run the Exchange sync tools and copied all the 5.5 folders to Exchange 2003. ADC has been run, and all the users exist into the AD domain as well. THANKS ...

Distribution of MSCRM v3 Outlook Client
We have over 400 MSCRM users in 20 different countries. We need to distribute the Outlook Client to all those users. Group Policies are not really an option for remote users. All our users have admin priviledges on their machines. We attempted to post to an FTP site but there any many files and it is quite large. How do you recommend distributing the client? Is our only option to burn CDs for distribution? Thanks! Shelley, You're right, this will be an issue for you since the Client package is almost 400MB. You can go the CD route or copy the CLIENT folder installation to strateg...

Data migration from MSCRM TO MSCRM
Hi all, We are running CRM with one Database in that there are lots of data. I want move all the data into new server with fresh installation of CRM. How can do, Please any one can help. Anbu Take a back up of MSCRM & METABASE databases, Restore it on NEW SQL Server, Create empty _Crystal database, Install CRM with existing databases option. You should be good to go. Shoot me with any question you have. Q >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >We are running CRM with one Database in that there are >lots of data. I want move all the data into new server >with fresh...

Application becomes slow in windows server 2003
When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft visual studio 6.0) running very slowly. While this application runs perfectly on winxp/win2000. My application open hard drive and read data from it. Please suggest how to improve the performance. Hello Ashish, Please use the MSDN forums for this, there you will find your programming experts, that maybe can have a look into your code. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/ Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and co...

Exchange Event Scripts
Hi! We recently upgraded our Exchange Server from version 5.5 to version 2003. Before we did the update we had event scripts installed in several public folders. Those VB scripts reacted to some events e.g. when a new message was created in a folder (Folder_OnMessageCreated). Is that type of script supported by Exchange Server 2003? We want to install the scripts again on the new server but there is no more 'Agents' tab in the properties of a folder (Outlook). What do we have to do in order to have that tab again? Do we have to assign special permissions to an user account as in vers...

Mutual fund exchange of shares
I have a number of investments in one account. Within that account, I want to show an exchange of shares from one mutual fund to another, i.e., Value Line A to Value Line B. Does Money 2005 provide a mechanism for recording this exchange? I do not see a transaction for "exchange" in the activity drop down box. How do I handle this? Thanks to anyone who can help. "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6675851-D36A-4B77-82DB-0B5E01FF42B5@microsoft.com... >I have a number of investments in one account. Within that ac...

Outlook/Exchange rules
I've upgraded from OfficeXP to Office2003. I had a large number of rules I used in OutlookXP that were working w/o problem. After I upgraded and used Outlook2003, when I go into the rules dialogue, look at or make changes then click "Ok" or "Apply", I get the following error: "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules". I just checked with my sysadmin and I have more than enough space availabl...

Exchange 5.5 ?
When a user sends a meeting request to one user it goes to multiple people other than the recipient chosen. This only happens to one user. I looked at the exchange properties and I do not see anything that looks different from the other users. Is there something in the exchange client that might be causing others to get the meeting requests as well???? Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!!! Jay probably the people the user is sending the meeting requests to have "delegates" configured, and the requests are going to them, as well.. "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.micr...

Re: Exchange 2003 SMTP "bombing"
Hi Michael, hostname.ro is not our REAL name, I have changed it in those logs due to SPAM inquiries. And the problem is that OUR SERVER is QUIT-ing , not the corespondent : MY Server open a SMTP connection REMOTE Server says 220 .. MY Server says EHLO to REMOTE Server REMOTE Server says 250 ... MY Server then say QUIT ! (instead of MAIL FROM ....) More than that, the REMOTE Server has no time to say ALL the 250 Answers he is able , because MY Server says QUIT : 250-mail.focusadv.ro 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 25000000 250-VRFY 250-ETRN 250 8BITMIME = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ...

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

sbs 2003 and mscrm
I just installed sbs 2003 and mscrm 1.2 pro. The server works fine until I turn on mscrm, when I do that the exchange and the web server go's down after about half hour. Has anybody seen this and know the solution to fix it. Thank you David Tolleson How many users on your sbs? and how much ram in your box? What does the event logs say? -Fisheye "David Tolleson" <dtolleson@netnack.com> wrote in message news:019301c4a4cc$50c04cc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I just installed sbs 2003 and mscrm 1.2 pro. > The server works fine until I turn on mscrm, when I do > that ...

Exchange Server / Outlook 2003 shared calanders and tasks.
Hi, Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I couldn't seem to find a more appropriate group. Here is my question. I have a guy here who is manager of the sales team and who wants to be able to view all of his teams business tasks and calenders without them having to explicitly allow him permission to view them. He is set as their manager in active directory. Is there any way to make it so that the default behaviour is to allow managers to look at the calenders / tasks of people in their team? i.e. when I add a new user to a group there tasks and calenders are instantly...

Backing up Exchange server.
We have a server running Small Business Server 2003 that we use to host 5 email accounts + some office documents, all of which we would like to backup. We have a DVD-RW drive, and another we would like to send the backups to (ie, we would backup daily to a folder on the other server, and manually make a archieve DVD once a month or so) Is there anyway I can do this using NTBackup, or is there a recommended way to backup exchange Data without spending money on new software? Also, are there certain files that could just be copied from the server (after stopping the services of course)?...