MSCRM Connector for GP Installation Problem...

I'm running into a problem installing the new connector for MSCRM 3.0.  I've
recently setup a development environment of our CRM1.2/GP8.0 system using the
redeployment tools, upgraded CRM to 3.0, and I am currently working through
the install of the Integration connector between the two development systems.

These are the steps that I've taken so far.

1 - Setup Copy of Production GP8.0 System on Development GP box.
2 - Redeployed Copy of Production MSCRM1.2 system on Development CRM box.
3 - Copied backup of Production INT database to Development INT box.
4 - Upgraded Development CRM box to MSCRM 3.0.
5 - Created Integration User Group in AD.  (Using existing Admin account for
each of the three accounts)
6 - Installed CRM Adapter Development CRM box without error.
7 - Installed GP Adapter Development GP box without error.
8 - Attempted to install Integration Server on Development INT box, using
existing database.

I get the following error on the "Prerequisites Check Completed" page:

"Setup was unable to connect to Microsoft Great Plains Adapter.  Please make
sure that you have installed Microsoft Great Plains Adapter before installing
Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Server."

I've doubled checked the documentation and it appears that all of the
previous steps are correct but apparently it doesn't like something.

Any and all help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
David B.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi David,

Have you given the permission to the Integration User to launch a COM+ call
on the GP box remotely? If not, follow these steps to do this:

1. On GP machine go to Start -> Program Files -> Administrative Tools ->
Component Services.
2. Right click My Computer -> Properties -> MSTDC tab -> Security
configuration.
3. Check Network DTC access, Allow remote client and Allow remote
administration. Click OK. A message about "MSDTC will be restarted" will
come. Click Yes.
4. Go to COM Security tab.
5. Click Edit Limits under Launch and activation Permission.
6. For Everyone, Allow remote Launch and remote Activation. Click OK two
times.
7. Right click on My Computer -> Stop MSTDC.
8. Right click on My Computer -> Start MSTDC.

Similar steps need to be run on CRM box.

For more info on this, refer to the section "Distributed Transaction
Coordinator (DTC) For Windows Server 2003" in Microsoft CRM Connector for
Microsoft Dynamics GP Guide.

Please revert if this does not solve your problem.

Regards,
Viney Kumar
SDET, Microsoft Dynamics

"DBrothers" <DBrothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running into a problem installing the new connector for MSCRM 3.0.
> I've
> recently setup a development environment of our CRM1.2/GP8.0 system using
> the
> redeployment tools, upgraded CRM to 3.0, and I am currently working
> through
> the install of the Integration connector between the two development
> systems.
>
> These are the steps that I've taken so far.
>
> 1 - Setup Copy of Production GP8.0 System on Development GP box.
> 2 - Redeployed Copy of Production MSCRM1.2 system on Development CRM box.
> 3 - Copied backup of Production INT database to Development INT box.
> 4 - Upgraded Development CRM box to MSCRM 3.0.
> 5 - Created Integration User Group in AD.  (Using existing Admin account
> for
> each of the three accounts)
> 6 - Installed CRM Adapter Development CRM box without error.
> 7 - Installed GP Adapter Development GP box without error.
> 8 - Attempted to install Integration Server on Development INT box, using
> existing database.
>
> I get the following error on the "Prerequisites Check Completed" page:
>
> "Setup was unable to connect to Microsoft Great Plains Adapter.  Please
> make
> sure that you have installed Microsoft Great Plains Adapter before
> installing
> Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Server."
>
> I've doubled checked the documentation and it appears that all of the
> previous steps are correct but apparently it doesn't like something.
>
> Any and all help is much appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks,
> David B.

0
Viney
5/10/2006 7:04:41 AM
Hi Viney,

Thank you for your response and suggestion.  I checked my GP box and I had
already set those as you described.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
David

"Viney Kumar" wrote:

> [...]
> > 5 - Created Integration User Group in AD.  (Using existing Admin account
> > for
> > each of the three accounts)
> > 6 - Installed CRM Adapter Development CRM box without error.
> > 7 - Installed GP Adapter Development GP box without error.
> > 8 - Attempted to install Integration Server on Development INT box, using
> > existing database.
> >
> > I get the following error on the "Prerequisites Check Completed" page:
> >
> > "Setup was unable to connect to Microsoft Great Plains Adapter.  Please
> > make
> > sure that you have installed Microsoft Great Plains Adapter before
> > installing
> > Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Server."
> >
> > I've doubled checked the documentation and it appears that all of the
> > previous steps are correct but apparently it doesn't like something.

David,

Can you send me the screenshot of the moment when the error occurs. I want
to know during which step the error is occuring? Also, please send me the
file C:\Install.log which should be on your Connector (INT) box.

> [...]
>> > account
>> > for
>> > each of the three accounts)
>> > 6 - Installed CRM Adapter Development CRM box without error.
>> > 7 - Installed GP Adapter Development GP box without error.
>> > 8 - Attempted to install Integration Server on Development INT box,
>> > using
>> > existing database.
>> >
>> > I get the following error on the "Prerequisites Check Completed" page:
>> >
>> > "Setup was unable to connect to Microsoft Great Plains Adapter.  Please
>> > make
>> > sure that you have installed Microsoft Great Plains Adapter before
>> > installing
>> > Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Server."
>> >
>> > I've doubled checked the documentation and it appears that all of the
>> > previous steps are correct but apparently it doesn't like something.

0
Viney
5/16/2006 5:10:39 AM
Hi Viney,

I just emailed the screen shots to your hotmail account that was in your
profile.  Let me know if I need to send it somewhere else.  I was originally
running setup from a network share.  The error seemed to change a little once
I copied the media to the local drive.  I included both screen shots.

I couldn't locate an Install.log file.  I did a search on the entire drive
and still no luck.

Thanks,
DB

"Viney Kumar" wrote:

> David,
>
> Can you send me the screenshot of the moment when the error occurs. I want
> to know during which step the error is occuring? Also, please send me the
> file C:\Install.log which should be on your Connector (INT) box.
>
> Regards,
> Viney Kumar
> SDET, Microsoft Dynamics
>
> "DBrothers" <DBrothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Viney,
> >
> > Thank you for your response and suggestion.  I checked my GP box and I had
> > already set those as you described.  Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David
> >
> > "Viney Kumar" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi David,
> >>
> >> Have you given the permission to the Integration User to launch a COM+
> >> call
> >> on the GP box remotely? If not, follow these steps to do this:
> >>
> >> 1. On GP machine go to Start -> Program Files -> Administrative Tools ->
> >> Component Services.
> >> 2. Right click My Computer -> Properties -> MSTDC tab -> Security
> >> configuration.
> >> 3. Check Network DTC access, Allow remote client and Allow remote
> >> administration. Click OK. A message about "MSDTC will be restarted" will
> >> come. Click Yes.
> >> 4. Go to COM Security tab.
> >> 5. Click Edit Limits under Launch and activation Permission.
> >> 6. For Everyone, Allow remote Launch and remote Activation. Click OK two
> >> times.
> >> 7. Right click on My Computer -> Stop MSTDC.
> >> 8. Right click on My Computer -> Start MSTDC.
> >>
> >> Similar steps need to be run on CRM box.
> >>
> >> For more info on this, refer to the section "Distributed Transaction
> >> Coordinator (DTC) For Windows Server 2003" in Microsoft CRM Connector for
> >> Microsoft Dynamics GP Guide.
> >>
> >> Please revert if this does not solve your problem.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Viney Kumar
> >> SDET, Microsoft Dynamics
> >>

> >> "DBrothers" <DBrothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Viney,

I was reading back through the Integration documentation and wanted to
mention that I'm using the same account for all three of the accounts that it
asked to be created, as will as all three instances of SQL Server
(GP-INT-CRM).  I am using the same domain account that we have been using
with the 1.2 Integration running in Production.  I'm not sure if that may be
related, but I wanted to mention it.

Thanks,
David B.

"DBrothers" wrote:

> Hi Viney,
>
> I just emailed the screen shots to your hotmail account that was in your
> profile.  Let me know if I need to send it somewhere else.  I was originally
> running setup from a network share.  The error seemed to change a little once
> I copied the media to the local drive.  I included both screen shots.
>
> I couldn't locate an Install.log file.  I did a search on the entire drive
> and still no luck.
>
> Thanks,
> DB
>
> "Viney Kumar" wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > Can you send me the screenshot of the moment when the error occurs. I want
> > to know during which step the error is occuring? Also, please send me the
> > file C:\Install.log which should be on your Connector (INT) box.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Viney Kumar
> > SDET, Microsoft Dynamics
> >
> > "DBrothers" <DBrothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Viney,
> > >
> > > Thank you for your response and suggestion.  I checked my GP box and I had
> > > already set those as you described.  Any other ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > David

Hello David,

Please check for the following details on the your GP machine:

  1.. Integration User to launch COM+ call on the GP box remotely? If not,
follow these steps to do this:
    1.. On GP machine go to Start -> Program Files -> Administrative
Tools -> Component Services.
    2.. Right click My Computer -> Properties -> MSTDC tab -> Security
configuration.
    3.. Check Network DTC access, Allow remote client and Allow remote
administration. Click OK. A message about "MSDTC will be restarted" will
come. Click Yes.
    4.. Go to COM Security tab.
    5.. Click Edit Limits under Launch and activation Permission.
    6.. For Everyone, Allow remote Launch and remote Activation. Click OK
two times.
    7.. Right click on My Computer -> Stop MSTDC.
    8.. Right click on My Computer -> Start MSTDC.
  2.. The Great Plains access user (as entered during the Great Plains
Adapter Setup) is present in the roles of the eConnect COM+ Component. This
can be checked as follows
    1.. On GP machine go to Start -> Program Files -> Administrative
Tools -> Component Services.
    2.. Under Console Root -> Component Services -> My Computer -> COM+
Applications locate eConnect 8 for Great Plains.
    3.. Under eConnect 8 for Great Plains -> Roles, see if role group GP
Access User exists. If it does, check the users section under this role
group (by expanding) and verify if the Great Plains Access User is present
or not. If not, please make the role group (if it does not exist) and add
the Great Plains Access User to this group.
  3.. Check for what company eConnect is installed. Verify it is the same
company that the you want to integrate. This check can be done as follows
    1.. Goto Start Menu -> All Programs -> eConnect 8 -> eConnect Release
Information
    2.. This launches an exe.
    3.. Fill the connection string for the DYNAMICS database
    4.. Click Refresh.
    5.. The grid shows the version of eConnect and the databases it is
installed on.
Thanks,
Neha

> Hi Viney,
>
> I was reading back through the Integration documentation and wanted to
> mention that I'm using the same account for all three of the accounts that
> it
> asked to be created, as will as all three instances of SQL Server
> (GP-INT-CRM).  I am using the same domain account that we have been using
> with the 1.2 Integration running in Production.  I'm not sure if that may
> be
> related, but I wanted to mention it.
>
> Thanks,
> David B.
>
> "DBrothers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Viney,
>>
>> I just emailed the screen shots to your hotmail account that was in your
>> profile.  Let me know if I need to send it somewhere else.  I was
>> originally
>> running setup from a network share.  The error seemed to change a little
>> once
>> I copied the media to the local drive.  I included both screen shots.
>>
>> I couldn't locate an Install.log file.  I did a search on the entire
>> drive
>> and still no luck.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> DB
>>
>> "Viney Kumar" wrote:
>>
>> > David,
>> >
>> > Can you send me the screenshot of the moment when the error occurs. I
>> > want
>> > to know during which step the error is occuring? Also, please send me
>> > the
>> > file C:\Install.log which should be on your Connector (INT) box.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Viney Kumar
>> > SDET, Microsoft Dynamics
>> >
>> > "DBrothers" <DBrothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Neha
5/23/2006 5:20:31 AM
Hi Neha,

I checked all of the items that you suggested but all of them seemed to
already be setup.  I think that I may have found something else that might be
related.  It appears that the eConnect service may not be running properly.
I'm getting a constant string of errors within the eConnect log in Event
Viewer.  Here are some examples, and they seem to be alternating between the
Event IDs of 0 and 919.

eConnect_OutGoing
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.
   at eConnect_OutGoing.ExecuteCompanyRequest.RequesteConnectOutData()
   at eConnect_OutGoing.eConnect_OutGoing.StartThread(String dbname)

..Net SqlClient Data Provider
Invalid object name 'eConnect_Out'.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'eConnect_Out'.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at eConnect_OutGoing.ExecuteCompanyRequest.RequesteConnectOutData()

Thank you for your assistance!!!
David B.

"Neha Bhayana" wrote:

> [...]
> > asked to be created, as will as all three instances of SQL Server
> > (GP-INT-CRM).  I am using the same domain account that we have been using
> > with the 1.2 Integration running in Production.  I'm not sure if that may
> > be
> > related, but I wanted to mention it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David B.
> >
> > "DBrothers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Viney,
> >>
> >> I just emailed the screen shots to your hotmail account that was in your
> >> profile.  Let me know if I need to send it somewhere else.  I was
> >> originally
> >> running setup from a network share.  The error seemed to change a little
> >> once
> >> I copied the media to the local drive.  I included both screen shots.
> >>
> >> I couldn't locate an Install.log file.  I did a search on the entire

Hi Neha,

I also wanted to let you know that I also have the Scribe Adapter for GPS on
this server?  Do you think that this could be interfering?  I was going to
try uninstalling both of them and then starting over with just the MBS MSCRM
Integration for GP.

What do you think?

Thanks,
David B.

"DBrothers" wrote:

> [...]
> > Information
> >     2.. This launches an exe.
> >     3.. Fill the connection string for the DYNAMICS database
> >     4.. Click Refresh.
> >     5.. The grid shows the version of eConnect and the databases it is
> > installed on.
> > Thanks,
> > Neha
> >

> > "DBrothers" <DBrothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Viney,
> > >
> > > I was reading back through the Integration documentation and wanted to
> > > mention that I'm using the same account for all three of the accounts that
> > > it
> > > asked to be created, as will as all three instances of SQL Server
> > > (GP-INT-CRM).  I am using the same domain account that we have been using
> > > with the 1.2 Integration running in Production.  I'm not sure if that may

Hello David,
Can you please check the following also:

a) Whether eConnect_Out_Table, eConnect_Out_Temp, eConnect_Out_Setup tables
are
present in your company (the one that you wish to integrate) database? This
can be checked as follows:
1. Go to Start Menu->All Programs->Microsoft SQL Server->Enterprise Manager
2. In Enterpride Manager, expand Consoel Root->Microsoft SQL Servers->SQL
Server Group
3. Then locate your Great Plains database and expand the same.
4. Click on "Tables" and you shall see all the tables on that database.
5. Verify if the above mentioned tables are there.
In this case you may want to uninstall eConnect and the Great Plains Adapter
and then re-install the Great Plains Adapter (this installs eConnect for
you).

b) If the tables are there, click on SQL Query Analyzer (under Tools Menu,
in the Menu Bar).
Write the following query there
select * from econnect_out_setup where doctype like 'Int_%'

If this query does not return any rows, you may want to uninstall eConnect
and the Great Plains Adapter and then re-install the Great Plains Adapter
(this installs eConnect for you). I am assuming that you are using eConnect
only for Microsoft CRM Integration.

c) If you are using eConnect 8.0 open the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Great Plains\eConnect8\Services\Outgoing
Service\eConnect_OutGoing.exe.config in a notepad, else open the file
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\Services\Outgoing
Service\eConnect_OutGoing.exe.config in a notepad.
Search for the BackOfficeConnString.ConnectionString, and its value. Verify
that value after "initial catalog=" is your database.
Also look for DatabaseNames and make sure that your database is one of the
database(s) listed there.

This should hopefully solve your problem.
Thanks,
Neha

Important: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

> [...]
>>     2.. This launches an exe.
>>     3.. Fill the connection string for the DYNAMICS database
>>     4.. Click Refresh.
>>     5.. The grid shows the version of eConnect and the databases it is
>> installed on.
>> Thanks,
>> Neha
>>

>> "DBrothers" <DBrothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Viney,
>> >
>> > I was reading back through the Integration documentation and wanted to
>> > mention that I'm using the same account for all three of the accounts
>> > that
>> > it
>> > asked to be created, as will as all three instances of SQL Server
>> > (GP-INT-CRM).  I am using the same domain account that we have been
>> > using
>> > with the 1.2 Integration running in Production.  I'm not sure if that

0
Neha
5/25/2006 8:20:07 AM
Hi Neha,

Again, everything checked out, exactly as you stated.  This one has me
stumped.  ;-)

In your message you mentioned that you were assuming that I was using
eConnect only for the CRM integration.  I also have Scribe, along with it's
GP Adapter, loaded on this GP box.  When I was going through the MS GPS
Adapter it detected the existing version of eConnect and asked what I wanted
to do, Use existing or install New separate copy of eConnect.  I told it to
continue with the installation of a separate instance of eConnect.

Do you think that this might be the problem?  I was considering that I
should probably completely uninstall both instances of eConnect as well as
both GP Adapters (Scribe & MS), and then reinstall the MS Adapter.  This
would help me to test the upgrade, but I would very much like to have both
adapters on our production GP server, because of some other intetgrations
that I am working on for our GP system.

I guess all of this boils down to two questions:

1.  Do you think that the two adapters are the source of my current problem?
2.  If so, is there a way to successfully have both adapters setup on the
same GP Server?

Thanks so much for you assistance.

David B.

"Neha Bhayana" wrote:

> [...]
> >> Applications locate eConnect 8 for Great Plains.
> >>     3.. Under eConnect 8 for Great Plains -> Roles, see if role group GP
> >> Access User exists. If it does, check the users section under this role
> >> group (by expanding) and verify if the Great Plains Access User is
> >> present
> >> or not. If not, please make the role group (if it does not exist) and add
> >> the Great Plains Access User to this group.
> >>   3.. Check for what company eConnect is installed. Verify it is the same
> >> company that the you want to integrate. This check can be done as follows
> >>     1.. Goto Start Menu -> All Programs -> eConnect 8 -> eConnect Release
> >> Information
> >>     2.. This launches an exe.
> >>     3.. Fill the connection string for the DYNAMICS database
> >>     4.. Click Refresh.
> >>     5.. The grid shows the version of eConnect and the databases it is

Hi Neha,

I completely uninstalled both the Scribe GP Connector and the MSCRM
Connector for GP from my development GP box, and now it appears that the
Integration Server seems to be installing.  I guess the two installations of
eConnect were conflicting with one another.  Thank you for all of your
assistance on this.

I have one question now.  Does anyone on the Message board know if you can
have both of these adapters loaded on the same GP server.  I will eventually
need to do this on our Production server.  If anyone has been able to
accomplish this I would really appreciate any pointers.  Once I have the
Integration up and running within the development environment and upgraded
the Production environment I will give it a try.  I'll let you know if I have
any luck.

Thanks,
David B.

"DBrothers" wrote:

> [...]
> > > the
> > > Event IDs of 0 and 919.

> > > eConnect_OutGoing
> > > Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
> > > System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of
> > > an
> > > object.
> > >   at eConnect_OutGoing.ExecuteCompanyRequest.RequesteConnectOutData()
> > >   at eConnect_OutGoing.eConnect_OutGoing.StartThread(String dbname)

> > > .Net SqlClient Data Provider
> > > Invalid object name 'eConnect_Out'.
> > > System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'eConnect_Out'.
> > >   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
> > > cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
> > >   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
> > >   at eConnect_OutGoing.ExecuteCompanyRequest.RequesteConnectOutData()

CInternetSession::GetCookie problem?
Hi, Am I using CInternetSession::GetCookie incorrectly? I set three cookies using web-side scripts. The three cookies are: n1=d1 n2=d2 n3=d3 The problem occurs when I call CInternetSession::GetCookie in my vc++ 6.0 program on my Windows 98 second edition pc. For example (The session has already been created): LPCSTR pstrUrl = "http://www.company.com/"; LPCTSTR pstrCookieName = "n2"; CString TheData; BOOL bReturn = TheSession.GetCookie (pstrUrl, pstrCookieName, TheData); The Watch window shows that the following (without the quotes) is placed in TheData: "n1=d...

How to deploy trigger created in Dexterity to GP
Hi all- I'm new with GP deployment and I'd like to know if there is set of steps that I need to follow to make sure my new trigger created in Dexterity is integrated to GP when it's reload. What dictionary should i add the Startup procedure with the trigger code? How do I deploy it? I tried several ways follow steps defined in Dexerity Help, but nothing happen when I restarted my GP client. Please advice- Thanks- Roxy As a Certified Dexterity trainer, I would highly suggest that you contact your local MBS representative and ask if there are any Dexterity courses availab...

MSCRM and UNIX
Hi, I'd like tu use MSCRM with UNIX on the client side (actually, the commercial people use MSCRM with Windows and IE, but there are some technical people who work with UNIX and they need MSCRM too ). Does anyone know how to do it ? (perhaps with CITRIX ?) Is someone has an idea for me, it will be very helpfull. Thank's in advance, Helen I don't know if you can do this because for access the WEB GUI of the CRM is mandatory use Internet Explorer 6 SP1. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "H�l�ne" <helene.arnal@carthago.fr> escreveu na mensagem news:...

connector tool in visio professional 2003
once i've selected the 'connector tool' i have to go into print preview to turn it off. please tell me there's a better way. clicking on teh icon doesn't do it, but there must be some way of doing it without having to go into print preview. thanks at least on my system, I move one icon over and select the pointer tool. al "marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1999001c42226$496abc90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > once i've selected the 'connector tool' i have to go into > print preview to turn it off. please tell me...

Streaming content problems....
Hi, I can't play internet radio or videos that use WMP formats and not a 3rd party one (as youtube)> I have win7, wmp12 K lite codecs. all the protocols are activated and NO error message is displayed: the player is trying to connect and after a second or so goes back to idle. any ideas? thanks ...

GP SDK
Hi, I am using GP 6.0. I load Dexterity to open the dictionary but I can't find any description of the fields in a table. I am new to GP so I need to know the meaning of each fields in the tables. Thanks in advance. I would suggest having a look at the SDK. For v6.0 it is on CD2 in the \DSDK folder. For v7.0 onwards it is on CD2 in the \TOOLS\SDK folder. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my pe...

formula problem #4
i m using this function =IF(SUM(F6:Q6)>0,SUM(F6:Q6),"") but when i enter number in h6 or it found blank range it is returning #ref!. I just want it should return blank. How? same function i m using in another sheet and it is working properly. why so it is. regards RRS There is nothing wrong with the formula. Try typing it again. What does a simple =SUM(F6:Q6) return? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED696703-8471-4461-9...

Memory problem when Promoting Emails to CRM
After I have promoted several emails from Outlook to CRM the memory usage of Outlook goes over 300Mb. With all the other stuff i have running, this makes my computer very instable and slow...I guess this is not normal....or is it? ...

Using Mercury's Quick Test Pro to write test scripts for GP
Are there any users here who are writing test scripts for MS Dynamics GP with Mercury Quick Test Professional? ...

problems with loading different xsd's with same namespace to XmlSchemaCollection
Greetings, I am writing an application that uses an extendible XML file. in order to validate that XML I use a main XSD and in additional - few more extensions XSD's that uses the types in the main XSD as base types. my clients can define their own XSD's extensions and use my generic application to process their XML's. The problem: I use the same namespace in all of the XSD's ( both base and extensions ), the first time I load a Schema into the XmlSchemaCollection it works fine, but on the next schemas , the XmlSchemaCollection just overwrite the previous ( maybe because of ...

12.1.0 update install: auto-update vs. download?
If one follows the excellent counsel in this newsgroup from Daiya, Diane and Corentin in preparing for and executing the installation of the 12.1.0 update, which would normally be least prone to problems: auto-update installation or installing from the downloaded .dmg? Respectfully, Norm "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." wrote: > If one follows the excellent counsel in this newsgroup from Daiya, Diane and > Corentin in preparing for and executing the installation of the 12.1.0 > update, which would normally be least prone to problems: auto-update > installation or installing...

Strange Active-X control problem
I was experimenting with the Active-X control "Calendar Control" and everything seemed to be fine on my Win2K development system. I tried executing the program on my WinXP desktop system and as soon as I invoked the dialog that includes the control I got the dreaded "XXX MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close down..." message. Okay, strike one. Perhaps it means that the control isn't registered on that system and I'd appreciate either confirmation or correction on this. BUT ... Then I also tried executing the program on my Win98SE system an...

Search in MSCRM
Is it possible to search in other fields than the 'name' field using the standard search (not adv. search) in MS CRM. ex. AccountNumber for Account or ProductNumber for Products? Each record type as a primary field which is always displayed in the views for that record type and it is always this field that is used with standard search facilities. You would have to use the advanced find feature to search on other columns. look at c360 searchpac, it will greatly expand your ability to do searches. tom >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to search in other fields than t...

Replacement CD's for GP 10.0
Can some one tell me how to order replacement CD's for GP 10.0. Thanks in advance for any help. You have four choices. 1. Download a DVD version for free from CustomerSource. It's about 1.5 GB and you don't have to burn it to media to use it. 2. Download it from MSDN. 3. Call your partner 4. Call Microsoft 800-456-0025. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Rick" wrote: > Can some one tell me how to order replacement CD's for GP 10.0. Thanks in > advance for any help. Charles, Thanks for the quick reply. That is the same info my partner told me but I did not ...

Problem with Simple Create Script
Hi There, Hope I'm posting this to the right group. I'm trying to write a simple script to create a database in SQL Server 2005. I keep getting the error "Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'testdb'. No entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly." Does anyone know why this is occurring? I'm running it in SQL Server Management Studio if that makes a difference. create database testdb; waitfor delay '00:00:05'; use testdb; create table dbo.testtable(x INT primary key); The problem is that SQ...

wrong system date when install Money
I install trial Money 2004 when the system date was accidentally set to October 2004. After discovering wrong system date (by running Money reports), I corrected it. However, now I cannot use Money. It comes up with error "The system date in your computer is set earlier than the date you first used this trial version of Microsoft Money. Your system date must be set correctly to run this edition. Please fix the date and restart Microsoft Money 2004". Any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance, Alex F Did you try uninstalling the trial edition, fixing the date, t...

Data migration from MSCRM TO MSCRM
Hi all, We are running CRM with one Database in that there are lots of data. I want move all the data into new server with fresh installation of CRM. How can do, Please any one can help. Anbu Take a back up of MSCRM & METABASE databases, Restore it on NEW SQL Server, Create empty _Crystal database, Install CRM with existing databases option. You should be good to go. Shoot me with any question you have. Q >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >We are running CRM with one Database in that there are >lots of data. I want move all the data into new server >with fresh...

Distribution of MSCRM v3 Outlook Client
We have over 400 MSCRM users in 20 different countries. We need to distribute the Outlook Client to all those users. Group Policies are not really an option for remote users. All our users have admin priviledges on their machines. We attempted to post to an FTP site but there any many files and it is quite large. How do you recommend distributing the client? Is our only option to burn CDs for distribution? Thanks! Shelley, You're right, this will be an issue for you since the Client package is almost 400MB. You can go the CD route or copy the CLIENT folder installation to strateg...

GP 10.0 toolbars not sticking
Hello: The "Lock Toolbars" setting does not seem to be working for a GP 10.0 client. She arranges her toolbars, but they don’t stay. Is there a way to lock the selection, or do they always return to the default? She, also, has two SmartList icons. Is this a bug? I have looked at a couple of the more recent service packs, and they do not seem to address this. The client is on the hotfix that was released shortly after service pack 2. Thanks! childofthe1980s This subject was already posted before, the link of the post is shown below: http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...

Disable Metrics GP 10
How do you disable just the Metrics portions in GP 10 Home Page? If I go to Customize This Page you can uncheck Metrics but I do not see any way to stop the user from going back to that screen and enabling them. You need to first disable the metrics and then put a trigger on the configuration table that prevents any changes to this field. You can also restrict changes to the field in MS-SQL -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Basic Excel Problem
Hi, I'm new to Excel macro writing, and there's a task I could use some help with. I have a spreadsheet that has data we need to export into a text file. We don't need to export every row, so ideally I could create a macro which would check one column, which would indicate whether that row should be exported or not. Also, in the data we are exporting we have an eight digit string of numbers which we need to break up into eight seperate single digits in the text file. Suggestions or ideas about how to do this would be appreciated. I have some programming experience, but have never d...

Business Portal 2.5 installation error
When I install BP2.5, I get the error message 'mbfpackager data importation process has failed. Please see mbfpackager.import.nomerge.common.xml file for more information'. In the file, I found this <Event_Information>System.BadImageFormatException: The format of the file 'GPReg.dll' is invalid. File name: "GPReg.dll" at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad (AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assemb...

Outlook 2000 opening problem
I have an Exchange Server(5.5)on Windows 2000 with 25 users. Sometime it happens that no user can open their mailbox from MS Outlook 2000. While opening, after giving user name, domain,& password, it just hangs up. I have then tested the same mailbox using OWA & it opens. I restarted the Server & found the problem vanished. This problem comes periodically (15/20 days inetrval) and requires the Server to restart. Pl. give me the solution. Tushar ...

Payroll Reconcile Information GP 10.0 SP1
I am trying to figure out why I received an error report after a payroll reconcile for my GP 10.0 SP1 system. The report basically lists each employee for a single payroll period and a dollar amount in a column labeled "Before Reconciliation" and a larger dollar amount in another column labeled "After Reconciliation" for both Gross and Net Wages. No other information is given on this report. Does anyone know the mechanics of the payroll reconciliation or any insight on the contents of the payroll reconciliation report itself? KB Article 874131 describes the reconcile...

sbs 2003 and mscrm
I just installed sbs 2003 and mscrm 1.2 pro. The server works fine until I turn on mscrm, when I do that the exchange and the web server go's down after about half hour. Has anybody seen this and know the solution to fix it. Thank you David Tolleson How many users on your sbs? and how much ram in your box? What does the event logs say? -Fisheye "David Tolleson" <dtolleson@netnack.com> wrote in message news:019301c4a4cc$50c04cc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I just installed sbs 2003 and mscrm 1.2 pro. > The server works fine until I turn on mscrm, when I do > that ...