MSCRM 4.0 Account automatic number

Hello,

I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you
have any idea to do this.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

FB
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Frédéric BAILLON wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you
> have any idea to do this.
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
> FB
Hi Frédéric,

There are many possibilities:
You can make a plugin that reads and increments value in a config file,
or work with a plugin that inserts and reads SQL table with identity
column (auto incremental column)

Tanguy
http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
0
tanguy1 (8)
12/10/2008 4:41:58 PM
Hi, check out following post;
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/05/13/auto-numbers-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm.aspx

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
Microsoft CRM Consultant

"Frédéric BAILLON" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you
> have any idea to do this.
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
> FB
0
imumar (138)
12/10/2008 11:18:01 PM
Hi Frederic,

You can also use the standard CRM 4.0 workflow to generate auto numbers.
This is a no code option but it does have its downsides in that it is an
asyncronous solution. My blog explains how to write an auto number workflow
http://crmintherealworld.blogspot.com/2008/12/using-workflow-to-generate-auto-numbers.html

Cheers,
Karl
Blog: http://crmintherealworld.blogspot.com

"Frédéric BAILLON" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you
> have any idea to do this.
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
> FB
0
Karl1 (54)
12/11/2008 12:30:01 AM
Thank you for tour answer, I test the workflow way, and it seems really a
very good solution without developement

Thank you.

"Karl" wrote:

> Hi Frederic,
>
> You can also use the standard CRM 4.0 workflow to generate auto numbers.
> This is a no code option but it does have its downsides in that it is an
> asyncronous solution. My blog explains how to write an auto number workflow
> http://crmintherealworld.blogspot.com/2008/12/using-workflow-to-generate-auto-numbers.html
>
> Cheers,
> Karl
> Blog: http://crmintherealworld.blogspot.com
>
> "Frédéric BAILLON" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you
> > have any idea to do this.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your answer.
> >
> > FB

Excel formatting #4
I am trying to sort a spreadsheet. I want it to sort like this: 1112 1112a 1113 It will only sort: 1112 1113 112a How do I fix this? Thanks! Lori ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you put an apostrophe in front of each number, it will allow you t treat it as either text or a number when you sort (Excel will ask yo how you want it treated) ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

when making postcards, how do you divide a page in 4 sections and.
when making postcards, how do you divide a page in 4 section and be able to put postcards in each of the 4 sections to print out I don't really think that you want to do that. I know of no printer capable of handling four post cards at a time. Since you didn't specify the version of Publisher that you are using, I will assume Publisher 2003. Open Publisher, choose New from the File drop down menu, then click on Publications for Print, then Postcards. If you don't like any of the designs, open the lease cluttered and make the changes that you wish. Then you can print to one p...

Updating calculations automatically when i enter in new data
Hi, I use excel to store my data and then i do analysis on the data. New data comes in frequently, which means i need to make changes to my formulas and my graphs, which is quite time consuming. So i tried using Define Names to define a region, which makes it a bit easier, and then i tried using the OFFSET method (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q183446). But using that method for big files makes doing calculations slow and excel recalculates all the time (since OFFSET is a volatile function). Is there any other method of doing the same method WITHOUT using a vola...

4/11 Windows security updates cause Excel to hang when doing Save
My Excel 2003 worked fine until yesterday afternoon when I did the current release of Microsoft security updates. Since that time I can not do a Save As in Excel. When I do, the program hansgs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 three times with all updates and it still doesn't work. How do I get rid of the security updates or fix Excel. HELP. -- CB5352 I am running XPSP2. Went into Control Panel-Add/Remove programs/Show updates and removed the 4 listed 4/11 security updates. When the 4/11 updates were removed, Excel worked fine again. There is definitely a problem with...

Workflow emails and tracking in CRM 4
Hi, I have some workflows setup in CRM4 which send notification emails to internal CRM users. These emails reach the users mailbox, and appear in CRM, but when viewed in outlook they are not marked as tracked in CRM. If I send an email between users using outlook and click the 'track in CRM' button, the work correctly. If I use the CRM web interface to send emails, these emails appear in CRM, and in the users inbox, but there are not marked as CRM emails in outlook. If someone could give me an idea of what is wrong, it would be very helpful. Hi Rob, It seems like the regard...

Exchange 5.5
Hoping someone can shed some light on something for me. We are running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 SP6a. I was checking the logs and noticed the following log entry: NT User DOMAIN\USER1 logged on to Doe, John mailbox, and is not the primary Windows NT account on this mailbox. I am not sure what this message pertains too. John Doe is a domain administrator and USER1 is a regular user who only has rights to their personal mailbox. Anyone have ideas as to what may be causing this? I know John Doe configures PC's for users and usually is the first person to log into a PC for a user to valid...

MSCRM and UNIX
Hi, I'd like tu use MSCRM with UNIX on the client side (actually, the commercial people use MSCRM with Windows and IE, but there are some technical people who work with UNIX and they need MSCRM too ). Does anyone know how to do it ? (perhaps with CITRIX ?) Is someone has an idea for me, it will be very helpfull. Thank's in advance, Helen I don't know if you can do this because for access the WEB GUI of the CRM is mandatory use Internet Explorer 6 SP1. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "H�l�ne" <helene.arnal@carthago.fr> escreveu na mensagem news:...

Use a report to count the # records >0 in Access 2003
Hello all, I have a query that sums values and throws the answers in the field that it's value represents. I then put that in a report. 100- 2500 2510- 5000 5001- 70000 $2100.00 $0000.00 $0000.00 $1500.00 $0000.00 $0000.00 $0000.00 $4500.00 $0000.00 $0000.00 $0000.00 $7000.00 Now I need to know how many values are greater than 0 in each field which would be in the footer of the report i know count is just supposed to count the total number of records, but is ther...

Insert Multiple Rows #4
I am working with a spreadsheet that has about 1000 rows of data in it. I need to insert 14 rows between each current record. I know this can be done using a numbering system and then sorting the page, but I am having trouble getting excel to recognize the counting pattern. Any help would be great. -- ucf1020 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ucf1020's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17055 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480678 Edited to meet your needs; originally f...

Address Lists #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C524AC.4E5782E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a solution (MS, script or 3rd Party) to get the = 5000+ external contacts I have in public folders into an address list? = I know how to set that up on clients to display the public folder. Some = people need access to 5 or so different PF and we are looking at various = CRM solutions that would created more nested public folder contact = lists... just looking for another solutions...

Auto Complete #4
I'm using Outlook 2002 and the autocomplete function for e- mail address has stopped working (i.e when you type in an e-mail address, it does not bring up a list of e-mail addresses for you to choose from). I have already checked the settings and they are set for this option to be on. J Jones <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2002 and the autocomplete function for e- > mail address has stopped working (i.e when you type in an > e-mail address, it does not bring up a list of e-mail > addresses for you to choose from). I have alre...

12.1.0 update install: auto-update vs. download?
If one follows the excellent counsel in this newsgroup from Daiya, Diane and Corentin in preparing for and executing the installation of the 12.1.0 update, which would normally be least prone to problems: auto-update installation or installing from the downloaded .dmg? Respectfully, Norm "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." wrote: > If one follows the excellent counsel in this newsgroup from Daiya, Diane and > Corentin in preparing for and executing the installation of the 12.1.0 > update, which would normally be least prone to problems: auto-update > installation or installing...

Search in MSCRM
Is it possible to search in other fields than the 'name' field using the standard search (not adv. search) in MS CRM. ex. AccountNumber for Account or ProductNumber for Products? Each record type as a primary field which is always displayed in the views for that record type and it is always this field that is used with standard search facilities. You would have to use the advanced find feature to search on other columns. look at c360 searchpac, it will greatly expand your ability to do searches. tom >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to search in other fields than t...

formula problem #4
i m using this function =IF(SUM(F6:Q6)>0,SUM(F6:Q6),"") but when i enter number in h6 or it found blank range it is returning #ref!. I just want it should return blank. How? same function i m using in another sheet and it is working properly. why so it is. regards RRS There is nothing wrong with the formula. Try typing it again. What does a simple =SUM(F6:Q6) return? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED696703-8471-4461-9...

Acurate Accounting of Income
I'm fairly new to using MS Money. I've only been using it since December 2004. I'm using version 2004 Standard. Here is the situation. I've made deposits into the checking account register with a transaction date of say Feburary, but this income was actually for a period in January. Is there a way to report these amounts on the income reports in the month of Januaary without changing the transaction date. Thanks. /Mike Biel Not easily. Eventually, you will find that in the long haul, it all works out the same. "Michael Biel" <MEIEL@sc.rr.com> wr...

CRM 4.0 and Meeting Minutes
Hi, We are currently implementing Dynamics CRM 4.0 and were wondering what would be the best way to store meeting minutes or other linked documents against Accounts and Contacts? Our current method is an iframe to point to a set Sharepoint document library, but this doesn't allow for one central set of minutes for each and every contact that attended the meeting - they have to be separate documents for each contact in this manner. Is there a better way to do this? Cheers Richard In a CRM-only world I would simply use an appointment record and store the meeting minutes in the notes se...

Business Card Numbering
Is there any way I can get publisher to auto number business cards on a single sheet from say 1 - 10, then 11 - 20, and so on? There is full information here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/auslandline/publisher/ If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to post back here. -- Yes, but not if you start with the Business Card wizard. Here's a technique which will allow anyone to number any size document. First, create a list of numbers in a format that Publisher can merge from. Publisher can handle most database formats, including text lists, but the easiest way is probabl...

Question about numbers lined up against dates
Hey all, Lets see if I can explain this one..... In Column "A" I have a series pf part number- IE 123, 442, ER45 and a whole load of others. In Column "B" I have a price against each part number IE �45.00, �6.70 and others In column "C" I have delivery dates against each part. IE - 2/3/06, 3/6/08 and lots of others. Part number 123 may be required 2/3/06 and 28/3/06 and also 6/6/08 and is �45 each What I am looking for is a formula that shows part number 123 totals monthly amounts. So part number 123 will show 2 required in March 06 at a value of �90 ...

How to setup an account
Hello everyone, I recently wanted to try Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my computer, because I have heard it is easier to check mails with Outlook. So I tried to create a new account, and I am doing SOMETHING wrong but I don't know what it is. I want to be able to check my yahoo mail and I don't know if that goes under POP3 or the other three categories. Also, I tested the account and Outlook mananged to establihs a network connection, find outgoing/incoming server, but could NOT log in. It made no sense to me. I did this using the POP3 category. I set up the Incoming mail server (PO...

Data migration from MSCRM TO MSCRM
Hi all, We are running CRM with one Database in that there are lots of data. I want move all the data into new server with fresh installation of CRM. How can do, Please any one can help. Anbu Take a back up of MSCRM & METABASE databases, Restore it on NEW SQL Server, Create empty _Crystal database, Install CRM with existing databases option. You should be good to go. Shoot me with any question you have. Q >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >We are running CRM with one Database in that there are >lots of data. I want move all the data into new server >with fresh...

Cannot debug client-side script in VS 6.0
After a change in machine name on a Win 2000 machine - debugging of client-side script in Visual Studio 6.0 stopped working. Appreciate your help. More information. Debugging fails to stop at a breakpoint. ...

Maximum Number of Cell Formats
My company uses very large spreadsheets to confrom to goverment requirements. Recently we have run into a Warning message when we try to insert a new column. It says we've used up all the cell formats, so we can't add any new cells. The Microsoft documentation seems to indicate that the maximum number of cell formats is 4000. I guess we're hitting that limit and Excel won't let us enter anymore data. How do I increase the max number of cell formats? How do I find out how many I've used already? How do I delete ones I'm not using (Excel seems to "hang on&quo...

GP 10.0 toolbars not sticking
Hello: The "Lock Toolbars" setting does not seem to be working for a GP 10.0 client. She arranges her toolbars, but they don’t stay. Is there a way to lock the selection, or do they always return to the default? She, also, has two SmartList icons. Is this a bug? I have looked at a couple of the more recent service packs, and they do not seem to address this. The client is on the hotfix that was released shortly after service pack 2. Thanks! childofthe1980s This subject was already posted before, the link of the post is shown below: http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...

Synchronising Accounts
Hi, I have Money 2006. I also have a PDA in which Money 2006 for Pocket Pc 2003 was loaded. When I see the accounts to be synchronised, I see only Credit card accounts, checking accounts, savings accounts and line of credit accounts. I cannot see the Asset accounts like Home or Loan Accounts like Home Mortgage Accounts in the list of accounts to be synchronised in active sync. By the way In transaction register I cannot see special categories like Transfers, Credit Card Payments, Loan Payments. I cannot edit or change the previous transaction, but I can only enter new transactions? M...

BP and Share Point Services 3.0
All: Does anyone know if BP3.0 is compatible with Sharepoint Services 3.0? If so, has anyone tried an install yet? Thanks, Dwight -- Just bumping the same question as I'd like to know also. Thanks. "Dwight Specht" wrote: > All: > > Does anyone know if BP3.0 is compatible with Sharepoint Services 3.0? If > so, has anyone tried an install yet? > > Thanks, > > Dwight > > -- > > > > I also need the answer to this one. I'd like to use SPSS v3.0 or MOSS 2007 with Business Portal v3.0... "Dnelson" wro...