MS SPLA Dynamics CRM Service Provider Edition 4.0 (QHH-00002)

OK,

The Microsoft site indicates there are only three editions for CRM 4.0
with 90-day trial keys; however, our SPLA software provider has the
media for the edition mentioned in the subject line.  We've been told
that the SPLA VLK edition of CRM 4.0 wouldn't ship till Feb. 1.  We've
also been told that the VLK is built into these particular binaries.

Can someone clarify which edition a Service Provider needs to run in
order to host CRM as a MS partner?  I'm assuming this is the correct
edition, however my only concern are the license keys.

Thanks.

-matt
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jan 23, 8:28 am, Matt Baldwin <baldwinmat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK,
>
> The Microsoft site indicates there are only three editions for CRM 4.0
> with 90-day trial keys; however, our SPLA software provider has the
> media for the edition mentioned in the subject line.  We've been told
> that the SPLA VLK edition of CRM 4.0 wouldn't ship till Feb. 1.  We've
> also been told that the VLK is built into these particular binaries.
>
> Can someone clarify which edition a Service Provider needs to run in
> order to host CRM as a MS partner?  I'm assuming this is the correct
> edition, however my only concern are the license keys.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -matt

It always happens that I find what I'm looking for after posting to
the newsgroups :)

Here's a blog posting that explains the CRM licensing for anyone who's
curious:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ukcrm/archive/2008/01/14/where-is-your-crm-4-0-license-key.aspx

-matt

word art 2.0
i have word art 2.0....there must be a way to change the thickness of the font...every font i choose to use seems to be in bold...which i DO NOT want...is there a setting to change..thank you Download the old WordArt. See if you get better results. You use it from Insert, Object, scroll down to Microsoft WordArt 3.2 (This will work in 2007 too) Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

calculating % when some columns are 0
hi all, i'm not much of a guru with Excel. how do i prevent the #DIV/0! when a column i'm dividing by is a 0. i'm using Excel to calculate the Delta %. i'm using a simple formula (K-L)/K. a lot of rows have values but obviously if for example K9 is 0 i'm going to get an error. any ideas? TIA Ted Hi Ted, =IF(K1=0,"",(K1-L1)/K1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message news:Of$1OCBwIHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | hi all, i'm not much of a guru with Excel. how do i prevent the...

Is RNDIS KITL and RNDIS Client Driver is Supported IN WINCE 6.0
Hi All, I am working on USB device driver for my platform with ARM SOC I wanted to clarify whether USN RNDIS KITL and USB RNDIS Function driver are supported in WINCE 6.0. I have checked the catalog Items in WINCE 6.0 and found that in USB Function Client list, there is a RNDIS Client catalog item. Can any one please clarify this. Any inputs would be of great help. Thanks and Regards, Bhushan Kolarkar Yes you can use RNDIS for KITL and as a function class for your USB device controller. You won't use them at the same time anyway -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows E...

Windows 2003 terminal services
Hi Has anybody installed CRM 1.2 outlook 2003 client on Windows 2003 terminal services? We are running the main CRM program on a separate server. The Outlook client does not support a multi-profile installation. It can only be installed for 1 profile on the machine. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:13:55 +1000, "John Koziaris" <john@alltasks.com.au> wrote: Hi Has anybody installed CRM 1.2 outlook 2003 client on Windows 2003 terminal services? We are running the main CRM program on a se...

XML Serialization #4
Hello all... My problem is this.. I have an XML that has been formatted and given to me already. My goal is to attempt to serialize the XML into an object using a regular class and XMLSerializer if possible. I don't want to stroll too far outside the realm of "normal". My main problem is that in my XML, I have a node called "Referrals" which has both an array of Referral nodes under it AS WELL AS a lot of attributes. I need to have both the attributes and all array nodes accessable through my class. I am able to get either the attributes OR the Array, but I cann...

CRM Live Connector for GP
Is it possible to use the CRM connector to GP with CRM Live? The Outlook client works fine but what about GP? If so, is it 2 way and what are the connections ...

MS Answers forum for Outlook Express?
So where is the new MS Answers forum for Outlook Express? Jack "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ey4xA2wGLHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > So where is the new MS Answers forum for Outlook Express? > > Jack > XP - Networking, Mail And Getting Online Forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA Thanks. Jack -------------------------------- "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote...

Multiplying the number in one cell and providing the product in an
I've never set up a formula before, not even the most basic. I need help and I'm not sure if its entirely possible. Please let me know. Labor Hours Labor Cost (95/hr) 2 190 5 950 I need to be able to enter in the number of hours in one cell (under labor hrs) and have those hours multiplied by the cost ($95) and the product displayed in the cooresponding cell (under labor cost). Is this possible? If so, how? EXCEL 2007 1. In cell A2 I have put your 2 (your hours figure). 2. In cell B2 I have put ...

I am having problem while installing MS Dynamics in Win XP
I am trying to install Microsoft Dynamics in Win XP, it gives an error saying MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 has to be istalled first I dont have MS exchange server installed in Win XP,what I have is outlook only Can I go ahead and install SP1 for win XP ( THIS IS AN OFFLINE INSTALLTION RIGHT NOW I am not using outlook to get my Email) Let me know how to install the same and the precaution I have to take Most of the errors expected are given for WIN 200 SERVER & 2003 SERVER IN TECHNET HENCE THIS QUESTION TO TYE COMMUNITY Regards Harish We cannot help unless you are m...

CRM on a DC ?
Is it accurate that MS does NOT support CRM on a domain controller other than SBS ? Thanks Jon Epstein MCSE/MSCA InfoVision, Inc. Charlotte, NC, USA That is correct. It will work, but you can hit some support issues. With v1.2 there were also some isolated instances where it didn't work right in an established domain when installed on the DC. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "InfoVision" <infovision1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135094163.922375.9580@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... Is it accurate that MS does NOT support CRM on a domain controller other than...

Creating additional panes of data in CRM 1.2
When we select a Contact, I want to be able to bring up both the History and Activities associated with the contact. I'd like to create a 'window pane' on the right side and the bottom that displays this information - the question is can I do this without having to create a completely new ASP form? Thanks! David David, what you want is not currently possible with the out-of-the-box CRM. You have two options, build it yourself using the SDK, or purchase the functionality from an ISV that has already built it (www.salentica.com , www.c360.com). Dave <anonymous@discuss...

How to use MFC 4.2 with Visual Studio .Net
Hi! I have recently started using Visual Studio .Net in place of Visual Studio 6.0. My application is an Active X control written in C++ with MFC 4.2. Is there a way I can force Visual Studio to use MFC 4.2 and not MFC 7.0, since the application will be deployed mostly on systems with MFC 4.2. I know I can use "static linking" but that will make the application large and I am still adamant on using 4.2 libraries rather than 7.0 to be safe. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help. Sanjay This question has started coming up a lot. The answer is simple: revert to VS6. ...

Dynamic Class Property Name
I apologize in advance for the cross posting, but I'm trying to widen the set of eyes that is able to see this from microsoft.public.access.formscoding, since I haven't gotten an answer there yet. I have a requirement to essentially take the things in a column returned by a query and reorder them as rows. The rows aren't necessarily in the same order as the columns, and some require processing. Once all the rows are assembled, I need to write them all out to file. To accomplish this, I created a class with properties corresponding to each row that I need. I run the query an...

.net Web Service on WSS 03?
We want to create a web service to write files to our NAS box. Can a .net Web Service run on Windows Storage Server 2003? ...

Gift Cards #4
Could you all tell me what company you buy your Gift Cards from? We currently use paper and want to switch to a plastic gift card. Thank you for any help you can give me. ...

How to Edit a range?
I am creating a series of worksheets to use for logging genealogy research sources. I want to create a column with drop down entry selection capabilities. I want to put a few choices in the drop down selection but I want it to be editable. For example: In a column labeled State: rather than listing all 50 state 2 letter abbreviations, I want to enter just a few and be ableb to add to the list as my research progresses. I want to be able to use similiar method for type of document. Staring out with common genealogical sources like Birth Certificate, Death Certificate etc. but having the a...

HotKey registry Edit
The memory errors that I was finding were caused by the registry. The KB files: 907651 recommends this edit.. but I can't make the change. I would sure appreciate some suggestions. The issue is that my registry does not have the \PST in this Hotkey 2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. 3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\PST 4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. 5. Type UseLegacyCacheSize, and then press ENTER. 6. Rig...

Logon issues with CRM services
Greetings everyone! Currently all of the CRM services are running under the domain admin account. About once a day, CRM will not open, and I'll have to go into the MMC, re-enter the domain admin's password to give the accout logon rights for the service, and restart the service for CRM to be accessible again. This is a serious pain since it happens about once a day. Does anyone know why this occurs and how I can fix it? Michael Losapio Support/Developer TwinEngines, Inc. ...

MS Publisher calendar
Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? mcm wrote: > Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? No. None whatsoever. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Custom number format always defaults last number to 0.
I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How do I overcome that? Excel only lets 15 digits be used in numbers To have the 16th number most people use text. "scubadave" wrote: > I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. > When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers > (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How...

Exchange 5.0
We have an elderly exchange 5.0 box and when I drill down to the Mailbox resources section things don't look right. One particular user is showing in there as having 5800 items in his mailbox. Well when I open his email, there is nothing in his calendar, about 12 contacts, and 22 email in his inbox. All other folders are empty, including deleted items. his journal says no items to be displayed. Where on earth are these 5800 items coming from? We are trying to slim down our 1.2gig priv.edb file and things like this probably aren't helping. Regards Victoria Right click the" OU...

CRM in outlook dissappear
CRM 1.2 outlook2003 One of my users got the problem today. No CRM tool bar in outlook. The CRM structure in the Folder List is still there. but no web page shows when clicked. He can still http://crmsvr to see CRM web pages in IE. How to solve the problem? Tranks in advance. We have this happen constantly... still haven't figured out why - -maybe palm??? improper shutdown?? oh well... the fix: From Outlook main manu, go to Help, About MS Outlook, Disabled items. If the addin shows up, enable it. Then, from Outlook main menu, go to Tools, Options, Other tab, Advanced Option...

Can anyone recommend any utility to manually edit Outlook2003's rules?
Hi Can anyone recommend any utility to manually edit Outlook2003's rules? I am completely sick of Outlook2003's rules. I *keep* wanting to do things that are impossible. Such as have a single rules to move an email if it either come FROM an given list of emails or is sent TO the same given list of emails. But when I try to do it in Outlook, it only lets me insert a logic "AND". So all I can filter for is FROM a list of emails AND to the same list of email. Which doesnt make much sense With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe ...

CRM 4.0 System Views
Hello, I'm trying to find the system views such as "active contacts" or "No Orders - Last 6 Months" in the database from CRM. It must be either views or filters... but they must be somewhere in the database. I have no clue where it is and can't find it. Could anyone please give me a little hint? Greets Falko Check the Table "savedquery" ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

VB6 Error Handing while updating MS database table
I am trying to update data base emp.mdb. I have a form which has 3 text boxs, txt_name, txt_age, txt_address and command button cmd_updatetogrid. I have MSHFlexigrid. When i press cmd_updatetogrid it updates the grid. So that i can keep on adding the records in the grid. Now i have one command button cmd_save. when i click on this button it adds all the records in the database emp.mdb. Now my problem is If i have two records in the grid. If the the record size of the grid (2nd row) is more than as defined in the database. then the error is fired. But the first row is updated. ...