MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO

MS Project Server Admin
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 6 months
Pay Rate: DOE

=95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95
Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96
Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod
support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project
Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc.
=95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need
intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to
Production =95 SQL services monitoring on the SQL server =95 Responding to
basic questions on the D/B =95 ETL support

Best Regards
Vivek Sahoo
Systel Inc.
600 Embassy Row NE Ste 200
Atlanta, GA - 30328
678-261-5237 (D)
678-261-5220 x 323
678-623-5938 (F)
0
bilvictor (18)
6/24/2011 6:19:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

FTP Server Map
Is there any way to map the directory structure of an FTP server? I actually want to do 2 things: 1. Map the existing directory structure of my company's FTP server just like I would map a web site. 2. Create a conceptual layout of a FTP server directory (i.e. folder and sub-folders) Which stencils would I use? Are there any sample drawings that come with Vision or that I can find on the web? Thanks for your help. What if you mapped to the share point that the FTP server use, then use the Windows command (from the command prompt) called "tree". Pipe the output to a fi...

DPS Server Setup
Hello all, In GP 10.0, how to give the server name in the "Server Host" field in the DPS Server Setup window. If i gave any server name, it always shows "Server not available". Thanks, Prakash Have you tried using the IP address? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Prakash" wrote: > Hello all, > In GP 10.0, how to give the server name in the "Server Host" field > in the DPS Server Setup window. If i gave any server name, it always shows...

Install Project Server to existing WSS 3.0 service
Good morning, Hopefully this is an easy one for someone out there. I have been tasked with bringing up a Project Server 2007 server. I would like to configure this installation to use an exsting implementation of WSS 3.0. There is a ton of documentation on how to integrate with an existing MOSS 2007 implementation, but nothing for WSS 3.0. Can anyone point me in the right direction? -Rich The MOSS stuff should all apply more or less. Just less configuring of some of the MOSS items. You're best bet though is to 1) Deploy PWA in it's own site collection/conten...

Exchange Server OUs
Does anyone out there use a separate ou to house there Exchange Servers? Aloha Tyson, I'm sure some people do, though I don't think any of our sites do. What are you hoping to accomplish? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > Does anyone out there use a separate ou to house there Exchange > Servers? > Not me. :-) "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8DF22BD-3E7C-454D-83C9-858730B5EBF7@microsoft.com... > Does anyone out there use a separate ou...

Setup a NTP server on W2K3
Hi all, I've got a windows 2003 server with 2 network cards. This serveur is member of AD domain (connected on 1 network card). I would like to have got a NTP server on the 2nd network card without losing the NTP client with my AD (configured on my 1st network card). How can I do this ? Thank you, Olivier Hello OlivierT, In a domain an automated time sync is running, so if the machine is domain member don't mess the time with another time source. You can run into problems. Why do you need this configuration? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This...

Convert Quicken 2006 to MS Money 2006 Trial version
I am currently using Quicken Premier 2006. I downloaded the trial version of MS Money 2006. However, it states that you can only convert data from Q2005 and earlier. When I tried to convert Q2006 into Money, it wouldn't do it, saying it was unable to convert from this version. Any resolutions to this? I would really like to try the trial version of Money. Not converting the data doesn't prevent you from using the Money trial. You'll just have to start from scratch--presumably you had to do this with Quicken as well. If the past predicts the future, M07 will convert Q06...

Exchange 5.5 with multiple servers in one site
Hi All, I am trying to setup a second Exchange server because my company is growing so rapidly. If I add another server and make it part of the current SITE. Both servers can share one Global Address book thru directory replication. How does the user logon? If there is two servers A and B, can a person with mailbox on server B logon thru server A? What about routing, when an email comes in for person@xyz.com and his mailbox resides on server B will server A forward it to server B? Thanks for your help. Will On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:52:52 -0400, "Will" <will8410@yahoo.com&...

Automatically setting User account and exchange server
Hi All, How would I go about setting up possibly a login script that can automatically set up users account name and exchange server. I haven't really come accross what I'm after yet and was hopeing someone here would have an answer. Basically when a new user or a user with an outbox already; logs onto a different (or there first) machine that when they open outlook 2003 they have the settings for the server hosting exchange and thier user name automatically entered so that they don't need to contact us to have it sorted out. Thanks! Microsoft uses text files with a .prf exten...

Upgrade AD when adding 2008 Server to Domain
We have added a new Windows 2008 Server (which will be a Terminal Server) to our Windows 2003 AD Domain. Do we need to update the AD Schema? Our AD Policy acts weird on the new server. Sometimes printers do not show up, then the run command is enabled, then at times the task manager is enabled. We try and lock down all of our TS Servers. Thank you for your assistance. Howdie! Patriot schrieb: > We have added a new Windows 2008 Server (which will be a Terminal Server) to > our Windows 2003 AD Domain. Do we need to update the AD Schema? Our AD Policy > acts weird on...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

Importing from access to outlook
Since upgrading, i've found that i'm unable to complete a successsful import into outlook. I bring the data in through access and import it to outlook. I never had these problems before... I've also heard that with 2003 you can link access and outlook - bu can't find a details on this. ...

Project Accounting Tables
Does anyone know where I can find a chart showing all of the PA tables, the fields contained, and perhaps their relationships to other tables---even non-PA tables? I have looked at the Standard GP SDK which is helpful for everything except PA and the PASDK which is not very thorough. Any other ideas would be extremely appreciated! Thanks! Brigitte Brigitte, You can get the table information online within Great Plains at Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables - click the three dot button - Select Product = Project Accounting and Series = Project. The PA SDK should be availa...

Microsoft Project Gateway in Portfolio Server 2007
Hello I have installed Project Server 2007 SP2 with Language Packages SP2, Portfolio Server 2007 with SP2, SQL Server 2005 with SP3. All in one server I have configured the Project Server Gateway with an attribute mapping template. The customs fields that are text and number can sincrhonize OK with Project Server. But the custom fileds that are lookup tables in Project Server can not syncronize with custom fields that are list type in Portfolio Server. I have created simple custom fields with an lookup table but I can´t syncrhonize I dont get any error in event view...

MS Office 2007 update junk email filter (KB977839)
I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code 646) Please help. Thanks, avids517 avids517;114819 Wrote: > I cannot install MS Office 07 update junk email filter (KB977839). > I have tried several times but still it do not install (error code > 646) > > Please help. Rather than using Windows Update to install this update, try downloading it manually and installing it. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=977839 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.sl...

database schema
Hello, Just need an input /advice... what are the deliverables for a typical software development project for an external customer. is it a norm to give the database design schema to customer, if yes, then in which format. Regards I think you need to get a contract project manager in asap. You are guaranteed to get the wrong thing right (most popular game in project management unless you have sought complete clarity from your customer on what will make the project successful and detailed this information in a Business case. The database schema is usually part of th...

MS Support Plan
Does anyone know of a way to get the support plan without going through a partner? We are a former partner and use Dynamics ourselves. We don't use support from the partner MS assigned to us. Great Plains used to allow you to buy your support plans directly from them, then when MS bought them out that went away. It's silly to pay a mark up to a partner when all we need are the payroll updates and any upgrades released throughout the year. We don't even use MS for technical support since we are able to do it ourselves. Frankly, we don't even do the upgrades unt...

Leveling Resource in Linked Project
I have a "Master Schedule" that is made up from linked files that include schedules for individual projects. While in the "Master Schedule" I am trying to level the resources so no one is over allocated. When I try to level it is not working and states that one of my projects (lets say Project #3) is linked to another task that cannot move. I am not sure why this error message is coming up. I don't have it linked to anything else and all my seperate projects have predecessors so that all tasks are dependant on eachother. I am a newbie to Project and quite ...

DNS or SMTP Virtual Server Issue?
Hello, We host a website for www.abc.org but not their email. Until 4 months ago we were running Ex 5.5 and we've upgraded to Ex 2003. A year ago, ABC.org had an asp page where anonymous users could fill out a form, it send and the web server (not the Ex 5.5 server) would send the email to whoever@abc.org. They took that asp page down for the past few months and just put it back up since our upgrade to Ex 2003. Recently, I found out that the emails never reach their intended recipient, and ALSO WE can't directly email them internally from Outlook. Emails come back undeliverab...

Project Account Budget Enquiry
Greetings.. I have a query on Project accounts Budgets.I am required to enter multicurrency transaction on Billings.The Billings and Budget entries will be required to accept multi currency entries. Is this feature available. Since we have numerous estimations in various currencies,we require to enter the budget in the originating currencies. Eg: Project is handled in USD and budget IV items cost should be entered in Euros. Your assistance with this regard is Highly appreciated. Cheers ...

Eorder on Server 2003?
Does anyone know if there is an Eorder upgrade for compatibility on Server 2003? Here's an article from Microsoft on this subject. Your best bet is to implement Business Portal 3 and GP 9 (when they are released) and go to Order Management. Web Product Compatibility with Windows 2003 Server Last Modified 6/12/2004 Posted 3/19/2004 Article ID Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains web products will not be supported on Windows Server 2003. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On this page: Overview Technical Information Support I...

Need Info Please on Recommended Server Availibility
We're on GP v9 and planning upgrading to v10 in a worldwide business model. I'm looking for official Microsoft paper recommending that a dedicated server for GP is the way to go,,, and why it's so. I have searched CustomerSource and Knowledgebase and didn't come up with much. Can anyone please point me to Microsoft documentation which recommends a dedicated GP server? Thanks GP Guy in AZ Thats because GP does not actually run on a server. Only the database (MS-SQL) is truely server based. The "server" install of GP is for support staff. It is a client insta...

Microsoft Project Integration with Great Plains Project Accounting
I need to know whether is it possible to integrate Great Plains project accounting with Microsoft Project, and how does this can be done. Thanks in advance You should search the newsgroup. There have been multiple questions posted related to this topic and their is a common set of products available. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mostafa Madkour" wrote: > I need to know whether is it possible to integrate Great Plains project > accounting with Microsoft Project, and how does this can be done. > > Thanks in advance ...

MSO Project 2007 Prof. Trial version
I downloaded & installed the MSO Project 2007 Professional Trial Version. I input some fields and then wanted to save but it won't let me. The FILE, SAVE and FILE, SAVE AS are both grayed out. How do I save my project? Please reply to specor@excellny.com Have you "activated" the trial? --rms www.rmschneider.com On 28/04/10 20:26, Susan wrote: > I downloaded& installed the MSO Project 2007 Professional Trial Version. I > input some fields and then wanted to save but it won't let me. The FILE, > SAVE and FILE, SAVE AS are both...

Export Data from MS-CRM
Is there a way to export all of the data from MS-CRM? Thats a rather general question,......you mean export to another CRM system or just export into another medium? For the most part, most areas have that little excel icon so that you can export into excel...... or you can go into the SQL server and use the export wizard, although I don't think its going to be what you want,....for the most part it will be raw data and you'll have to recreate the relationships and primary fields to see how the objects relate.......... -Gary "John O'Keefe" <jokeefe@finepoint.com...

Moving Great Plain to a new server
Is there a step by step article for moving Great Plains to a new database server? What can I expect? Do I need to move the system databases as well? I am leaving 15 databases on the current server and moving 2. We utilize Great Plains 7.5 on SQL 2000 sp3a. Any assistance is appreciated. You will have to move the system database (DYNAMICS) to the new server. Leaving 15, moving 2 implies that you will be using both the old and the new - in effect having two installations. There may be licensing issues with that and you should talk to your VAR to ensure that you are not inadvertently o...