MS CRM Reports and Crystal Reports

Hi,

I have MS-CRM 1.2 installed.This installed Crystal Enterprise 9.0 with some
standard reports.
In order to customize/add custom reports to the enterprise, MS-CRM
implementation guide asks for Crystal
Reports 9.2.

Some queries....Thanks in advance for all ur help/directions....

1. I wanted to know if I can use the Crystal Reports for .NET that comes
with Visual Studio.NET 2003 to edit/add reports to Crystal
Enterprise 9.0 that comes with MS-CRM 1.2. If so, do I face any
limitations(in features etc)in using Crystal reports
for .NET compared to using independent Crystal Reports 9.2 software.???

2.In case I go for an independent Crystal Reports software, can I use the
latest Crystal Reports 10 (instead
of 9.2)to connect to MS-CRM Crystal Enterprise & add/edit crm reports
without any problems..?

3.Also, I have a custom database in addition to the MS-CRM database...can I
create custom crystal reports which show
data from both the data sources..(MS-CRM db & my custom db)?

4.I happened to install Crystal Reports 10 Advanced Developer Evaluation
copy on one of my client machines.It
installs Crystal Enterprise 10 & many other wizards (e.g. Publishing wizard,
import wizard,Config Manager,
Enterprise Admin/User etc..) But I am unable to get to the Crystal Reports
Designer which will allow me to connect me
to the Crystal Enterprise to add/edit reports..Does it mean that Crystal
Reports Designer does not come
as part of the Crystal Reports 10..????

Thanks in advance,
Jaison

0
Jaison
7/16/2004 5:26:51 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sorry, disregard this, it works now!

!Robert

"Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have MS-CRM 1.2 installed.This installed Crystal Enterprise 9.0 with
some
> standard reports.
> In order to customize/add custom reports to the enterprise, MS-CRM
> implementation guide asks for Crystal
> Reports 9.2.
>
> Some queries....Thanks in advance for all ur help/directions....
>
> 1. I wanted to know if I can use the Crystal Reports for .NET that comes
> with Visual Studio.NET 2003 to edit/add reports to Crystal
> Enterprise 9.0 that comes with MS-CRM 1.2. If so, do I face any
> limitations(in features etc)in using Crystal reports
> for .NET compared to using independent Crystal Reports 9.2 software.???
>
> 2.In case I go for an independent Crystal Reports software, can I use the
> latest Crystal Reports 10 (instead
> of 9.2)to connect to MS-CRM Crystal Enterprise & add/edit crm reports
> without any problems..?
>
> 3.Also, I have a custom database in addition to the MS-CRM database...can
> create custom crystal reports which show
> data from both the data sources..(MS-CRM db & my custom db)?
>
> 4.I happened to install Crystal Reports 10 Advanced Developer Evaluation
> copy on one of my client machines.It
> installs Crystal Enterprise 10 & many other wizards (e.g. Publishing
wizard,
> import wizard,Config Manager,
> Enterprise Admin/User etc..) But I am unable to get to the Crystal Reports
> Designer which will allow me to connect me
> to the Crystal Enterprise to add/edit reports..Does it mean that Crystal
> Reports Designer does not come
> as part of the Crystal Reports 10..????
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jaison

0
Robert

CRM Integration 08-03-04
Hi, Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? I need to integrate with CRM. Thanks for you help. Carlos CRM_Server_CD1\wwwroot\bin "Carlos" wrote: > > Hi, > > Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? > > I need to integrate with CRM. > > > Thanks for you help. > Carlos > > It is on the installation CD. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:45:00 -0700, "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

HQ Reports should allow multiply coloms by store or date
Reports should allow for a data sheet view. I would like to see a report with all items down the left side of my report. Colom headings for total item instock and a quantity in stock at each location. Would be nice to see this for all kinds of reports, Sales by dollar amount, Sales by item, ect. Basicly a spread sheet report that the detail can be seen side beside. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not...

Item usage report
Hello, I think it's very easy question; If we go to any item and click History we will sales for this item for monthes. Can I print this information? And may be there is a report for all items for sales by month? Thank you Vitali Go to Reports >Sales>analysis>SOP Inventory Sales Reports >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I think it's very easy question; > >If we go to any item and click History we will sales for this item for >monthes. >Can I print this information? >And may be there is a report for all items for sales by month? > &g...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Microsoft CRM 1.2 missing "Salespeople with quotas" module
I am testing CRM 1.2 professional. I cannot find the "Salespeople with quotas" under settings --> business unit settings. What could be wrong? I cannot either find any reference to Quotas in user, business unit, team or territory properties. When I run a report about quota, it will display that "No Quotas Set". What could be wrong? Adil Adil, Did you set up the fiscal year? This step is only allowed once and must preceed any quota setups. You access the System Customization entry on the Settings tab to set it up. Look under Common Tasks, Fiscal Year Settings. Edwi...

Address Reports
Would it be possible to consider upgrading the reporting facility in Money to allow printing of reports, invoices, receipts, credit notes, letters etc to payees' addresses? It seems strange that one can store a tremendous amount of adress and contact information in Money, but it can't be used for anything else than a look-up reference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

MS Exange connection

name of all reports
I am using access 97 and how do I get all the names of report by macro or vb code? Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200802/1 Here you go: SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE MSysObjects.Type = -32764 ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name; As you found, you can't use the AllReports collection in Access 97. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "hakeem777 vi...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Worker's Comp Report Doesn't need a page header between wc codes
V9 has added a page header between Worker's Comp Codes. We have 3 page headers on page 4 for example...another increase in report length. I just noticed the Days Worked column is the one that always has zero's. I wrote in a previous "suggestion" that it was Hours Worked. We could lose the Days Worked columnand have room on one line again for a person instead of ID and name on one line and data on the line below it. This make it very difficult to work with. Thank you very much. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

CRM authentication issues
Hi all We seem to be having a problem with our CRM system. Since we installed the product we persistantly got the following error message: Event ID 11 KDC Error There are multiple accounts with name host/anc2003dc02.ancorisltd.local of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME. From an initial correspondance, I was told to use LDP and ADSI edit to remove the duplicate SPN which I completed successfully and this stopped the error from happening. Since then, we have been unable to connect to the CRM web site using the http:\\servername as before. We can connect to the system remotely, howeve...

'Track in CRM' capabilities for calendar delegates
In Microsoft Outlook, people have the ability to designate other users as delegates to add appointments to their calendar. This is mostly used when people have administrative assistants who are adding appointments directly to their calendar. We need the capability for the delegate to be able to Track the Appointment in CRM when adding an appointment to another persons calendar. If both users have the Outlook client, this is not possible today. The workaround we are using today is to have the delegate add the appointment to the managers calendar but the manager has to go into the a...

MS Access

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

Automating a Queue in CRM
I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts, etc. Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For example if an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email to a particular CRM user ? You can't drive workflow off of Activities in this release. CRM 2005 will have the ability to drive workflow off the Activity objects. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 16 N...

re-promote email to CRM activity
User by mistake deleted an activity which was originally promoted from an email. User tried to promote that email to CRM activity again. It prompted, " This e-mail is being tracked as a Microsoft CRM activity. Any future communication on this e-mail will also be tracked as an activity in Microsoft CRM. If reply or forward that email to the user himself, the new forwarded email did convert to an activity but cannot be associated with any account or contact since the activity is completed and in history. Any other workaround? Thank you. I'm not positive that this will work, b...

Access 2003 Report won't attach to an email message.
I have placed the following code behind a command button. DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "rptPO_EmailViewOnly", "HTML(*.html)", Forms!frmMain!sfrmPOMultiTAB!frmPOHeaderViewer!SupplierEmailAddress, "", "", "Purchase Order", "", True, "" The problem is once the email message is generated the report attachment is not added to the message. To try and fix the problem, I installed Office 2003 SP3. After that, the attachment worked but is not able to be opened, I get an error message "The operation failed due to network or ...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...