MS CRM integration to GP

Hello
Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company
databases can be integrated to MSCRM.
The senario is this.
a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql
databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp.
0
ramki
1/24/2004 1:34:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate
with 1 company DB.  You could probably use some of the components that
are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration
logic yourself to address this.

Matt

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com"

>Hello
>Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company
>databases can be integrated to MSCRM.
>The senario is this.
>a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql
>databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp.

0
Matt
1/26/2004 6:17:05 PM
Any idea when the GP Integration will be release on v1.2?

Currently stuck using integration 1.0 on a CRM 1.2 platform.

Regards

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
> The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate
> with 1 company DB.  You could probably use some of the components that
> are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration
> logic yourself to address this.
>
> Matt
>
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company
> >databases can be integrated to MSCRM.
> >The senario is this.
> >a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql
> >databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp.

0
JamesD
1/27/2004 10:28:23 AM
Are there problems with this configuration(integration 1.0 with CRM
1.2) or are you just looking for the much needed improvements to the
1.0 version.  I am getting ready to fire up a 1.2 test server, and we
are planning on using the GP Integration v1.0.

"JamesD" <james@zenduce.net> wrote in message news:<#7kbMBM5DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Any idea when the GP Integration will be release on v1.2?
>
> Currently stuck using integration 1.0 on a CRM 1.2 platform.
>
> Regards

> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
> > The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate
> > with 1 company DB.  You could probably use some of the components that
> > are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration
> > logic yourself to address this.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com"
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello
> > >Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company
> > >databases can be integrated to MSCRM.
> > >The senario is this.
> > >a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql
> > >databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp.

0
jwgildea
1/27/2004 5:34:39 PM
Some have said it should ship in the next few weeks.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:28:23 -0000, "JamesD" <james@zenduce.net>
wrote:

>Any idea when the GP Integration will be release on v1.2?
>
>Currently stuck using integration 1.0 on a CRM 1.2 platform.
>
>Regards

>"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
>> The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate
>> with 1 company DB.  You could probably use some of the components that
>> are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration
>> logic yourself to address this.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com"
>> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello
>> >Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company
>> >databases can be integrated to MSCRM.
>> >The senario is this.
>> >a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql
>> >databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp.

0
Matt

CRM Integration 08-03-04
Hi, Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? I need to integrate with CRM. Thanks for you help. Carlos CRM_Server_CD1\wwwroot\bin "Carlos" wrote: > > Hi, > > Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? > > I need to integrate with CRM. > > > Thanks for you help. > Carlos > > It is on the installation CD. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:45:00 -0700, "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

GP will not start
All of our users currently use remote desktop to access Great Plains. Today, several people were logged and working when the program started hanging. Now, no one can even login - the program hangs before the login prompt. In addition, FrX at the same time started getting the following error when trying to run a report: Couldn't get printer information. Make sure you have a default printer. When we use the remote desktop to go to a different computer to use GP, everything seems to work fine. Has anyone ever seen this or have a clue what might be causing this? Laura Laura, It ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 missing "Salespeople with quotas" module
I am testing CRM 1.2 professional. I cannot find the "Salespeople with quotas" under settings --> business unit settings. What could be wrong? I cannot either find any reference to Quotas in user, business unit, team or territory properties. When I run a report about quota, it will display that "No Quotas Set". What could be wrong? Adil Adil, Did you set up the fiscal year? This step is only allowed once and must preceed any quota setups. You access the System Customization entry on the Settings tab to set it up. Look under Common Tasks, Fiscal Year Settings. Edwi...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

CRM authentication issues
Hi all We seem to be having a problem with our CRM system. Since we installed the product we persistantly got the following error message: Event ID 11 KDC Error There are multiple accounts with name host/anc2003dc02.ancorisltd.local of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME. From an initial correspondance, I was told to use LDP and ADSI edit to remove the duplicate SPN which I completed successfully and this stopped the error from happening. Since then, we have been unable to connect to the CRM web site using the http:\\servername as before. We can connect to the system remotely, howeve...

'Track in CRM' capabilities for calendar delegates
In Microsoft Outlook, people have the ability to designate other users as delegates to add appointments to their calendar. This is mostly used when people have administrative assistants who are adding appointments directly to their calendar. We need the capability for the delegate to be able to Track the Appointment in CRM when adding an appointment to another persons calendar. If both users have the Outlook client, this is not possible today. The workaround we are using today is to have the delegate add the appointment to the managers calendar but the manager has to go into the a...

MS Access

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

Automating a Queue in CRM
I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts, etc. Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For example if an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email to a particular CRM user ? You can't drive workflow off of Activities in this release. CRM 2005 will have the ability to drive workflow off the Activity objects. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 16 N...

re-promote email to CRM activity
User by mistake deleted an activity which was originally promoted from an email. User tried to promote that email to CRM activity again. It prompted, " This e-mail is being tracked as a Microsoft CRM activity. Any future communication on this e-mail will also be tracked as an activity in Microsoft CRM. If reply or forward that email to the user himself, the new forwarded email did convert to an activity but cannot be associated with any account or contact since the activity is completed and in history. Any other workaround? Thank you. I'm not positive that this will work, b...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Questions about GP functionality
I'm a little new to GP but very familiar with SBF. A couple questions a customer has. 1. On the Additional Vendor Accounts (Purchases), when we have multiple accounts is there a way to set percentages so that it automatically splits up the amount on the payables transaction. We know about Fixed Allocation Accounts but the problem with that is you cannot edit the amount in each account at the time you enter the payables transaction. Any thoughts on this? -- Japheth Nolt Landis Computer www.landiscomputer.com PC Sales, Service & Helpdesk Certified Network Installation &a...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Have the Choice to Save FRx and GP Reports to PDF format
All of Our other Reporting Software from other vendors offerthis feature i think it would be great to have it included to improve portability and transmission of the reports,Plus the overall design of the report would not be sacraficed like the excell export or html formats ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...