MS CRM Install & Config Master Certification - how many exams???

I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master Certification"....
I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I
already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server)

Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am
already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6 exams
to get this certification...

I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply
until now...

Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many
exams did you take???
regards,

Antonio
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need 6 exams for Certified Master MSCRM Installation & Configuration

Two of those are CRM exams. So you have 4 more to get!

Details are on Partnersource, but in essence:

Exchange 2003 (or 2000) MCP
SQL Server 2000 Admin MCP
Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 (or 2000) Environment MCP
Windows 2000 (or 2003) Network Security Design MCP

Peter

"Antonio Grazioli" <AntonioGrazioli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B38A1D7A-4B19-4AB5-9BE0-273B23749CE5@microsoft.com...
>I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master
>Certification"....
> I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I
> already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server)
>
> Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am
> already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6
> exams
> to get this certification...
>
> I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply
> until now...
>
> Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many
> exams did you take???
> regards,
>
> Antonio

0
Peter
7/4/2005 1:39:12 PM
please see this
page:(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/mbs_qualifiers.asp)

so, basically, the information actually published on the MCT Site are
incorrect???

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> You need 6 exams for Certified Master MSCRM Installation & Configuration
>
> Two of those are CRM exams. So you have 4 more to get!
>
> Details are on Partnersource, but in essence:
>
> Exchange 2003 (or 2000) MCP
> SQL Server 2000 Admin MCP
> Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 (or 2000) Environment MCP
> Windows 2000 (or 2003) Network Security Design MCP
>
> Peter
>
> "Antonio Grazioli" <AntonioGrazioli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B38A1D7A-4B19-4AB5-9BE0-273B23749CE5@microsoft.com...
> >I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master
> >Certification"....
> > I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I
> > already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server)
> >
> > Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am
> > already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6
> > exams
> > to get this certification...
> >
> > I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply
> > until now...
> >
> > Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many
> > exams did you take???
> > regards,
> >
> > Antonio

Yes, it is incorrect! Probably because its based on an earlier (and
incorrect) MBS page.

As I said, the correct version is on published on Partnersource and is as I
summarised.

I have this certification, by the way. Along the way, I spent many emails
trying to clarify conflicting lists of certification requirements!!

message news:80A2FACA-ECD6-48E1-A76D-0A0F8760E958@microsoft.com...
> please see this
> page:(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/mbs_qualifiers.asp)
>
> so, basically, the information actually published on the MCT Site are
> incorrect???
>

> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> You need 6 exams for Certified Master MSCRM Installation & Configuration
>>
>> Two of those are CRM exams. So you have 4 more to get!
>>
>> Details are on Partnersource, but in essence:
>>
>> Exchange 2003 (or 2000) MCP
>> SQL Server 2000 Admin MCP
>> Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 (or 2000) Environment MCP
>> Windows 2000 (or 2003) Network Security Design MCP
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> "Antonio Grazioli" <AntonioGrazioli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:B38A1D7A-4B19-4AB5-9BE0-273B23749CE5@microsoft.com...
>> >I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master
>> >Certification"....
>> > I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I
>> > already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server)
>> >
>> > Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I
>> > am
>> > already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6
>> > exams
>> > to get this certification...
>> >
>> > I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no
>> > reply
>> > until now...
>> >
>> > Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how
>> > many
>> > exams did you take???
>> > regards,
>> >
>> > Antonio

0
Peter
7/4/2005 5:55:18 PM
OK, I see whats happened

Look carefully at this; the word Solomon is the clue !!!

"Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master-Microsoft Business Solutions
Solomon Installation & Configuration (6 exams required)
Mandatory exams:

  a.. Microsoft CRM Installation and Configuration
  b.. Microsoft CRM Customization
  c.. MS 70-228 Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft SQL
Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
  d.. MS 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
  e.. MS 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
  f.. MS 70-290 Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Environment
  Or
  MS 70-292 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000
QED

"Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> Yes, it is incorrect! Probably because its based on an earlier (and
> incorrect) MBS page.
>
> As I said, the correct version is on published on Partnersource and is as
> I summarised.
>
> I have this certification, by the way. Along the way, I spent many emails
> trying to clarify conflicting lists of certification requirements!!
>
> Peter
>

> "Antonio Grazioli" <AntonioGrazioli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:80A2FACA-ECD6-48E1-A76D-0A0F8760E958@microsoft.com...
>> please see this
>> page:(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/mbs_qualifiers.asp)
>>
>> so, basically, the information actually published on the MCT Site are
>> incorrect???
>>

>> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>>
>>> You need 6 exams for Certified Master MSCRM Installation & Configuration
>>>
>>> Two of those are CRM exams. So you have 4 more to get!
>>>
>>> Details are on Partnersource, but in essence:
>>>
>>> Exchange 2003 (or 2000) MCP
>>> SQL Server 2000 Admin MCP
>>> Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 (or 2000) Environment MCP
>>> Windows 2000 (or 2003) Network Security Design MCP
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> "Antonio Grazioli" <AntonioGrazioli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:B38A1D7A-4B19-4AB5-9BE0-273B23749CE5@microsoft.com...

0
Peter
7/4/2005 7:13:37 PM
wow....looks like a kinda "goofy" copy & paste mistake ;-)

I cannot access to PartenerSource right now because My passport account is
not linked to a MBS account, I'll ask my boss...

then 3 exams still to come...

>"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> OK, I see whats happened
>
> Look carefully at this; the word Solomon is the clue !!!
>
> "Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master-Microsoft Business Solutions
> Solomon Installation & Configuration (6 exams required)
> Mandatory exams:
>
>   a.. Microsoft CRM Installation and Configuration
>   b.. Microsoft CRM Customization
>   c.. MS 70-228 Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft SQL
> Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
>   d.. MS 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
>   e.. MS 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
>   f.. MS 70-290 Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> Environment
>   Or
>   MS 70-292 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000
> QED
>

> "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> > Yes, it is incorrect! Probably because its based on an earlier (and
> > incorrect) MBS page.
> >
> > As I said, the correct version is on published on Partnersource and is as
> > I summarised.
> >
> > I have this certification, by the way. Along the way, I spent many emails
> > trying to clarify conflicting lists of certification requirements!!
> >
> > Peter
> >

> > "Antonio Grazioli" <AntonioGrazioli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:80A2FACA-ECD6-48E1-A76D-0A0F8760E958@microsoft.com...
> >> please see this
> >> page:(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/mbs_qualifiers.asp)
> >>
> >> so, basically, the information actually published on the MCT Site are
> >> incorrect???

As I know that to get Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master–Microsoft
CRM Installation & Configuration, you must pass 6 required exams as follow:
·          Microsoft CRM Installation & Configuration Exam
·          Microsoft CRM Customization Exam
·          MS Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring and Administering
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
·          MS Exam 70-284: Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange
Server 2003
·          MS Exam 70-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server
2003 +
·          MS Exam 70-290: Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
2003 Environment +

Hope this help!
Regards,
Phuong Lan

"Antonio Grazioli" wrote:

> wow....looks like a kinda "goofy" copy & paste mistake ;-)
>
> I cannot access to PartenerSource right now because My passport account is
> not linked to a MBS account, I'll ask my boss...
>
> then 3 exams still to come...
>

> >"Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
> > OK, I see whats happened
> >
> > Look carefully at this; the word Solomon is the clue !!!
> >
> > "Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master-Microsoft Business Solutions
> > Solomon Installation & Configuration (6 exams required)
> > Mandatory exams:
> >
> >   a.. Microsoft CRM Installation and Configuration
> >   b.. Microsoft CRM Customization
> >   c.. MS 70-228 Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft SQL
> > Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
> >   d.. MS 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
> >   e.. MS 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> >   f.. MS 70-290 Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> > Environment
> >   Or
> >   MS 70-292 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> > Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000
> > QED
> >

> > "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> > > Yes, it is incorrect! Probably because its based on an earlier (and
> > > incorrect) MBS page.
> > >
> > > As I said, the correct version is on published on Partnersource and is as
> > > I summarised.
> > >
> > > I have this certification, by the way. Along the way, I spent many emails
> > > trying to clarify conflicting lists of certification requirements!!
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >

> > > "Antonio Grazioli" <AntonioGrazioli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:80A2FACA-ECD6-48E1-A76D-0A0F8760E958@microsoft.com...

I also had this information, but there was a page on MS Site stating that
only 4 are needed...and this would mean I am already certified...:-((

"Pham Lan" wrote:

> As I know that to get Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master–Microsoft
> CRM Installation & Configuration, you must pass 6 required exams as follow:
> ·          Microsoft CRM Installation & Configuration Exam
> ·          Microsoft CRM Customization Exam
> ·          MS Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring and Administering
> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
> ·          MS Exam 70-284: Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange
> Server 2003
> ·          MS Exam 70-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server
> 2003 +
> ·          MS Exam 70-290: Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
> 2003 Environment +
>
> Hope this help!
> Regards,
> Phuong Lan
>

> "Antonio Grazioli" wrote:
>
> > wow....looks like a kinda "goofy" copy & paste mistake ;-)
> >
> > I cannot access to PartenerSource right now because My passport account is
> > not linked to a MBS account, I'll ask my boss...
> >
> > then 3 exams still to come...
> >

> > >"Peter Lynch" wrote:
> >
> > > OK, I see whats happened
> > >
> > > Look carefully at this; the word Solomon is the clue !!!
> > >
> > > "Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master-Microsoft Business Solutions
> > > Solomon Installation & Configuration (6 exams required)
> > > Mandatory exams:
> > >
> > >   a.. Microsoft CRM Installation and Configuration
> > >   b.. Microsoft CRM Customization
> > >   c.. MS 70-228 Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft SQL
> > > Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
> > >   d.. MS 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
> > >   e.. MS 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> > >   f.. MS 70-290 Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> > > Environment
> > >   Or
> > >   MS 70-292 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> > > Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000
> > > QED
> > >

> > > "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message

According to the following PartnerSource articles, "Microsoft Business
Solutions Certified Master-Microsoft CRM Developer" requires 4 exams, and
"Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master-Microsoft CRM Installation &
Configuration" requires 6 exams.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/training/Certifications/exampreparation/MBS_Master_CRM_Install.htm
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/training/Certifications/exampreparation/MBS_Master_CRM_Dev.htm

Regards, Simon

0
Simon

CRM Integration 08-03-04
Hi, Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? I need to integrate with CRM. Thanks for you help. Carlos CRM_Server_CD1\wwwroot\bin "Carlos" wrote: > > Hi, > > Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? > > I need to integrate with CRM. > > > Thanks for you help. > Carlos > > It is on the installation CD. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:45:00 -0700, "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Microsoft CRM 1.2 missing "Salespeople with quotas" module
I am testing CRM 1.2 professional. I cannot find the "Salespeople with quotas" under settings --> business unit settings. What could be wrong? I cannot either find any reference to Quotas in user, business unit, team or territory properties. When I run a report about quota, it will display that "No Quotas Set". What could be wrong? Adil Adil, Did you set up the fiscal year? This step is only allowed once and must preceed any quota setups. You access the System Customization entry on the Settings tab to set it up. Look under Common Tasks, Fiscal Year Settings. Edwi...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

CRM authentication issues
Hi all We seem to be having a problem with our CRM system. Since we installed the product we persistantly got the following error message: Event ID 11 KDC Error There are multiple accounts with name host/anc2003dc02.ancorisltd.local of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME. From an initial correspondance, I was told to use LDP and ADSI edit to remove the duplicate SPN which I completed successfully and this stopped the error from happening. Since then, we have been unable to connect to the CRM web site using the http:\\servername as before. We can connect to the system remotely, howeve...

'Track in CRM' capabilities for calendar delegates
In Microsoft Outlook, people have the ability to designate other users as delegates to add appointments to their calendar. This is mostly used when people have administrative assistants who are adding appointments directly to their calendar. We need the capability for the delegate to be able to Track the Appointment in CRM when adding an appointment to another persons calendar. If both users have the Outlook client, this is not possible today. The workaround we are using today is to have the delegate add the appointment to the managers calendar but the manager has to go into the a...

MS Access

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

Automating a Queue in CRM
I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts, etc. Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For example if an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email to a particular CRM user ? You can't drive workflow off of Activities in this release. CRM 2005 will have the ability to drive workflow off the Activity objects. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 16 N...

Windows installer and clip organizer
I just installed microsoft office 2007 standard and whenever I open clip organizer, then windows installer also opens. I am not able to cancel windows installer and i am not able to do anything with clip organizer. I have tryed reinstalling it but nothing i have done has worked. Any suggestions? thanks. The Organizer has its own detect and repair. Are you allowing the Organizer to connect to the Office site? What are your firewall settings? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dabears" <dabears@discussio...

re-promote email to CRM activity
User by mistake deleted an activity which was originally promoted from an email. User tried to promote that email to CRM activity again. It prompted, " This e-mail is being tracked as a Microsoft CRM activity. Any future communication on this e-mail will also be tracked as an activity in Microsoft CRM. If reply or forward that email to the user himself, the new forwarded email did convert to an activity but cannot be associated with any account or contact since the activity is completed and in history. Any other workaround? Thank you. I'm not positive that this will work, b...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

I get updates with EMPTY information before installation, why?
Lately I have been getting some updates that -- prior to installation -- doesn't seem to have any information associated with them, not even a title. See this screenshot: http://www.pvv.org/~fredj/winupdate-20100122-a-empty.jpg It is only when I install the update that I get to know what it contains. Surely Windows Update is not supposed to work like this. What is the problem? Any information appreciated :-) * Fred Fred Johansen wrote: > Lately I have been getting some updates that -- prior to > installation -- doesn't seem to have any information associated...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...