MS CRM 3.0 - Error message displayed on entry to IE interface

With MS CRM 3.0 fully installed, we're receiving an error as soon as we enter
the system:

"An Error has occured. For more information, contatc your system
administrator"

The error is displayed within the IE interface (that is, it isn't a
javascript popup) and within the CRM frames (so we can see the top and left
hand menues). However if we try and navigate anyqhere else in the system, the
same message persists.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

How many memory your SQL and MS CRM Server have? im wondering if it could be
a memory problem...

"NA" wrote:

> With MS CRM 3.0 fully installed, we're receiving an error as soon as we enter
> the system:
>
> "An Error has occured. For more information, contatc your system
> administrator"
>
> The error is displayed within the IE interface (that is, it isn't a
> javascript popup) and within the CRM frames (so we can see the top and left
> hand menues). However if we try and navigate anyqhere else in the system, the
> same message persists.
Turn on "dev errors" in web.config then post the error message you
recieve.

Turning on dev errors involves opening web.config (usually in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ or wherever the website files for MSCRM are) then
finding the text for dev errors then changing the value to On (it is
case sensitive) and saving. Then refresh your CRM page.

lsoares wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How many memory your SQL and MS CRM Server have? im wondering if it could be
> a memory problem...
>
> "NA" wrote:
>
> > With MS CRM 3.0 fully installed, we're receiving an error as soon as we enter
> > the system:
> >
> > "An Error has occured. For more information, contatc your system
> > administrator"
> >
> > The error is displayed within the IE interface (that is, it isn't a
> > javascript popup) and within the CRM frames (so we can see the top and left
> > hand menues). However if we try and navigate anyqhere else in the system, the
> > same message persists.

0
DerekH

Windows Live Mail New Messages
When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a number of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? "Mick in Seaford" <MickinSeaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29DF4EB-F098-4DBD-931D-DF7017570708@microsoft.com... > When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a > number > of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. > Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? > ...

CRM Integration 08-03-04
Hi, Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? I need to integrate with CRM. Thanks for you help. Carlos CRM_Server_CD1\wwwroot\bin "Carlos" wrote: > > Hi, > > Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? > > I need to integrate with CRM. > > > Thanks for you help. > Carlos > > It is on the installation CD. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:45:00 -0700, "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Outlook is password protected but messages can be seen in OE
My Outlook is password protected but people can still get to my messages via Outlook Express. How do I stop them? Fluf Fluffy <fluff@fluff.comINVALID> wrote: > My Outlook is password protected but people can still get to my > messages via Outlook Express. How do I stop them? Outlook Express will not and CANNOT access anything in Outlook. Please explain what you mean in more depth. -- Brian Tillman Fluffy wrote: > My Outlook is password protected but people can still get to my > messages via Outlook Express. How do I stop them? > > Fluf > Are you saying ...

MS Outlook 2007

Unable To Record Macro Message
I have recorded macros in the past and now and receiving an error message. Background: I assign a keystroke to the macro and begin the macro recorder, access the cell a wanted to write a formula in, hit ENTER, then receive a microsoft GUI with an exclamation point and message "Unable To Record.". The formula writes to the cell, and returns the desired result, so there are no problems with the formula itself. I stop the reocording and the code within the macro just shows the navigation in the worksheet and not the formula. I'm not in design mode. There were no prev...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Dynamics 10.0 and VBA Form
I have created a VBA Form that is opened by clicking a button added by modifier. The form is used to select from a list of Crystal Reports that can be run from the window. In GP 9.0 the VBA Form opened on top of the GP form, with both Dynamics Form and VBA form being visible In Dynamics 10, when the form opens, it minimizes the GP window that has the button that activates the form, but only if the main Dynamics 10 menu window is not minimized. If I minimize the main Dynamics 10 Menu window, but leave the GP window visible, then click the button, the VBA Form opens on top of the GP form...

Forwarded messages overlayed
When I reveive a message (HTMLformat) and either Forward or Reply to the message, people that receive my message say that any text I typed is overlayed by the message I'm forwarding. The e-mail options I have selected for forwards & replies are "Include the orginal message." What can I do to prevent this. This happen when my mail format is set to Plain text, Rich text or HTML. Thanks for your help Mike ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 missing "Salespeople with quotas" module
I am testing CRM 1.2 professional. I cannot find the "Salespeople with quotas" under settings --> business unit settings. What could be wrong? I cannot either find any reference to Quotas in user, business unit, team or territory properties. When I run a report about quota, it will display that "No Quotas Set". What could be wrong? Adil Adil, Did you set up the fiscal year? This step is only allowed once and must preceed any quota setups. You access the System Customization entry on the Settings tab to set it up. Look under Common Tasks, Fiscal Year Settings. Edwi...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

Outlook diabling links in my incomming messages
All of the sudden, Outlook is disabling links in all incoming E-Mail messages. I do get a notice at the top of the screen that "links are disabled, click here to enable (not recommended)", I can click there and it re-enables them. But I want links fully enabled by default at all times, like it was until last week (when I think I installed an Office patch or service pack from Microsoft Update). Does anyone know either where the settings are to fully enable links, or the manual registry patch that I would need to make? [I've already installed one to allow .exe and other ...

MS CRM Certification question

Owa login page #3
I applied a hotfix to my exchange servers (Exchange 2003 Sp1). Since I installed the hotfix my OWA Login page has changed back to the default. Users don't have to put in the domain name but it asks for domain\username. I was not the one that configred the page. How do I know which server it is pointing to for this page? I made changes according to a doc I found on one of the front-ends which I thought was the one but when going to OWA i get the domain\username still. Thanks, Tyson Well it is either pointing to your FE server or your BE server depending on which one you are acc...

Posting message to a thread
Hello group... A few days back I posted a question about passing data from a secondary thread back to the main application thread. I received some really useful (and enlightening responses!)... I hope I'll get equally great answers to this one too... Well, this time I'm looking at various available options of sending a notification message from the main thread to a secondary one. Actually, I need to notify the secondary thread of a timer event. i.e. when the timer fires, I need to notify the secondary thread to stop its execution. Do I absolutely need to have a user-interfac...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

CRM authentication issues
Hi all We seem to be having a problem with our CRM system. Since we installed the product we persistantly got the following error message: Event ID 11 KDC Error There are multiple accounts with name host/anc2003dc02.ancorisltd.local of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME. From an initial correspondance, I was told to use LDP and ADSI edit to remove the duplicate SPN which I completed successfully and this stopped the error from happening. Since then, we have been unable to connect to the CRM web site using the http:\\servername as before. We can connect to the system remotely, howeve...

'Track in CRM' capabilities for calendar delegates
In Microsoft Outlook, people have the ability to designate other users as delegates to add appointments to their calendar. This is mostly used when people have administrative assistants who are adding appointments directly to their calendar. We need the capability for the delegate to be able to Track the Appointment in CRM when adding an appointment to another persons calendar. If both users have the Outlook client, this is not possible today. The workaround we are using today is to have the delegate add the appointment to the managers calendar but the manager has to go into the a...

MS Access

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

Automating a Queue in CRM
I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts, etc. Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For example if an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email to a particular CRM user ? You can't drive workflow off of Activities in this release. CRM 2005 will have the ability to drive workflow off the Activity objects. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 16 N...