MS CRM 1.2 crashing at least once a week

I have a SBS 2003 server running MS CRM 1.2, I am also running SQL on
the same server. At least once a week the CRM server will just stop
working, no services appear to fail, nothing seems to be out of the
ordinary. I will still get a login prompt if I try to access the CRM
page over HTTP. Once I enter my credentials it will just sit there
trying to load the page. It never times out and never gives me any kind
of error. The only thing I was able to pull out of the event log that
seems related is the following.

Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
Event ID: 208

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Incremental on
PAINCARE_INC_MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]'
(0x389D5EDE4AA55841BDACD758B09C19DC) - Status: Failed - Invoked on:
2006-01-16 13:45:00 - Message: The job failed.  The Job was invoked by
Schedule 1 (Indexed Document Title Schedule).  The last step to run was
step 1 (Full-Text Indexing).

The only way I am able to bring CRM back online is to completly reboot
the server, I have tried restarting every service I can think of, and
resetting IIS. I am stumped. Any ideas? Taking down the server is bad
news since I am also running GreatPlains SQL info off the same server.

0
defrag4
1/16/2006 7:04:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue, but are you running
Crystal reports?  If you have the canned Crystal reports running it can cause
significant processor spikes and server response issues.  I had to remove all
canned reports until I was able to place perameters on the ones with large
data set returns.  If someone runs a Crystal report with a complex querry or
large data set return, it can drive up the processor and the processor does
not recover.

"defrag4@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have a SBS 2003 server running MS CRM 1.2, I am also running SQL on
> the same server. At least once a week the CRM server will just stop
> working, no services appear to fail, nothing seems to be out of the
> ordinary. I will still get a login prompt if I try to access the CRM
> page over HTTP. Once I enter my credentials it will just sit there
> trying to load the page. It never times out and never gives me any kind
> of error. The only thing I was able to pull out of the event log that
> seems related is the following.
>
> Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
> Event ID: 208
>
> SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Incremental on
> PAINCARE_INC_MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]'
> (0x389D5EDE4AA55841BDACD758B09C19DC) - Status: Failed - Invoked on:
> 2006-01-16 13:45:00 - Message: The job failed.  The Job was invoked by
> Schedule 1 (Indexed Document Title Schedule).  The last step to run was
> step 1 (Full-Text Indexing).

> The only way I am able to bring CRM back online is to completly reboot
> the server, I have tried restarting every service I can think of, and
> resetting IIS. I am stumped. Any ideas? Taking down the server is bad
> news since I am also running GreatPlains SQL info off the same server.

Do you have an hotfix installed in the server?
We shipped several hotfixes to address the issue you are seeing.
Did you notice any activity before the server stop responding such as Export
to Excel with large data, etc?

<defrag4@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a SBS 2003 server running MS CRM 1.2, I am also running SQL on
> the same server. At least once a week the CRM server will just stop
> working, no services appear to fail, nothing seems to be out of the
> ordinary. I will still get a login prompt if I try to access the CRM
> page over HTTP. Once I enter my credentials it will just sit there
> trying to load the page. It never times out and never gives me any kind
> of error. The only thing I was able to pull out of the event log that
> seems related is the following.
>
> Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
> Event ID: 208
>
> SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Incremental on
> PAINCARE_INC_MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]'
> (0x389D5EDE4AA55841BDACD758B09C19DC) - Status: Failed - Invoked on:
> 2006-01-16 13:45:00 - Message: The job failed.  The Job was invoked by
> Schedule 1 (Indexed Document Title Schedule).  The last step to run was
> step 1 (Full-Text Indexing).

> The only way I am able to bring CRM back online is to completly reboot
> the server, I have tried restarting every service I can think of, and
> resetting IIS. I am stumped. Any ideas? Taking down the server is bad
> news since I am also running GreatPlains SQL info off the same server.

0
Boyoung

CRM Integration 08-03-04
Hi, Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? I need to integrate with CRM. Thanks for you help. Carlos CRM_Server_CD1\wwwroot\bin "Carlos" wrote: > > Hi, > > Where I find the Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy ? > > I need to integrate with CRM. > > > Thanks for you help. > Carlos > > It is on the installation CD. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:45:00 -0700, "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

1769- Dedicated Web-Hosting at $1.99!
World's Cheapest Rate Hosting, 99.9% Uptime US Based Dedicated Server, Fast Customer Service Register Domain only at $1.99 per Year Bonus for 1 year Package, Domain Free http://hostwebspaces.com/ ...

RONALD HUAYLLA QUISPE #2
RONALD HUAYLLA QUISPE ...

MS Outlook 2007

Microsoft Money Plus #2
I got a new computer in April (Windows Vista) and installed Money Plus in May. For some reason, beginning yesterday (Sept 28) I cannot open the file. I always ran it "local" on my computer - not using the internet updates, etc. Can anybody help me get back in? Normally when I would click on the Money icon it would prompt me for my password. Now it prompts me to "accept" the Online Services Agreement and when I accept, it tells me that it can't load the Registration Library. ...

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Microsoft CRM 1.2 missing "Salespeople with quotas" module
I am testing CRM 1.2 professional. I cannot find the "Salespeople with quotas" under settings --> business unit settings. What could be wrong? I cannot either find any reference to Quotas in user, business unit, team or territory properties. When I run a report about quota, it will display that "No Quotas Set". What could be wrong? Adil Adil, Did you set up the fiscal year? This step is only allowed once and must preceed any quota setups. You access the System Customization entry on the Settings tab to set it up. Look under Common Tasks, Fiscal Year Settings. Edwi...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

Custom Button #2
Hi I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description What sould I put on Comand ? Hello: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/rms_create_custom_button.mspx Wilfredo "Gill" wrote: > Hi > I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description > What sould I put on Comand ? Don't know if you found your answer but this is how you do it: Leave ItemID as 0 and just put in the ItemLookupCode, if you want a Matrix put in the MatrixLookupCode. PerformAddItem 0, ITEMLOOKUPCODE, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 Rob ...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

MS CRM Certification question

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

CRM authentication issues
Hi all We seem to be having a problem with our CRM system. Since we installed the product we persistantly got the following error message: Event ID 11 KDC Error There are multiple accounts with name host/anc2003dc02.ancorisltd.local of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME. From an initial correspondance, I was told to use LDP and ADSI edit to remove the duplicate SPN which I completed successfully and this stopped the error from happening. Since then, we have been unable to connect to the CRM web site using the http:\\servername as before. We can connect to the system remotely, howeve...

reference question #2
A few days ago, some kind person introduced me to the INDIRECT function as a way of keeping a formula pointed at a fixed cell even after I've inserted a column or two on the worksheet. (Thank you!) Turns out, though, that while I need that fixed reference to a given column, I actually want a relative reference to the rows on the worksheet. Does anyone have a suggestion about how to set my formula up so the reference to a given column is absolute but the row floats? Thanks! =INDIRECT("B"&ROW(1:1)) for B1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Exc...

'Track in CRM' capabilities for calendar delegates
In Microsoft Outlook, people have the ability to designate other users as delegates to add appointments to their calendar. This is mostly used when people have administrative assistants who are adding appointments directly to their calendar. We need the capability for the delegate to be able to Track the Appointment in CRM when adding an appointment to another persons calendar. If both users have the Outlook client, this is not possible today. The workaround we are using today is to have the delegate add the appointment to the managers calendar but the manager has to go into the a...

MS Access

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

Automating a Queue in CRM
I've been working with CRM at our company and it doesn't look like I can apply a workflow rule to a queue, just objects like contacts, accounts, etc. Is there an easy way to automate a queue after it is set up. For example if an email comes into a customer support queue to route the email to a particular CRM user ? You can't drive workflow off of Activities in this release. CRM 2005 will have the ability to drive workflow off the Activity objects. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 16 N...