Moving SQL Databases to another drive results in error

I am trying to move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has more
space and I get a replication error.  Is there any documentation to help me
move these successfully??

McKenzie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90

you can do this but you need to disable replication and re-enable =
afterwards
Use SQL Enterprise manager, select the database you want to move and =
then=20
choose the option (after right click) to detach the database,then move =
the database files (*.mdf and *.ldf) and then attach database back to =
SQL Server.=20

take full backups of the database before trying this just to be safe

--=20
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.mscrmfaq.us

"McKenzie" <McKenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I am trying to move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has =
more=20
> space and I get a replication error.  Is there any documentation to =
help me=20
> move these successfully??
>=20
> McKenzie
------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>you can do this but you need to disable =
replication=20
and re-enable afterwards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Use SQL Enterprise manager, select the =
database you=20
want to move and then <BR>choose the option (after right click) to =
detach=20
the&nbsp;database,then move the database files (*.mdf and *.ldf) and =
then attach=20
database back to SQL Server. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>take full backups of the database =
before trying=20
this just to be safe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-- <BR>John =

O'Donnell<BR>Microsoft CRM MVP<BR></FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.mscrmfaq.us"><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>http://www.mscrmfaq.us</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"McKenzie" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:McKenzie@discussions.microsoft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>McKenzie@discussions.microsoft.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:6B01663A-0991-471A-BE46-F2A07C1B866F@microsoft.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:6B01663A-0991-471A-BE46-F2A07C1B866F@microsoft.com</FONT></=
A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; I =
am trying to=20
move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has more <BR>&gt; space =
and I=20
get a replication error.&nbsp; Is there any documentation to help me =
<BR>&gt;=20
move these successfully??<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; McKenzie</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90--

0
John

Moving license to a new computer

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

What is <IDispatch error #32> error and <Memory is locked.> error?
Hello, I installed an Event Sink as a COM+ Application on my Exchange machine that sends an email to a specific user named "exchangeconnector" whenever something is changed in the calendar of another specific user "exchangeuser". I did the appropriate event registration for this event sink and the events seem to be successfully triggering the event sink, as I can see new events being logged to the system event log when I create new appointments in exchangeuser's calendar. But the problem is that while the event sink tries to send an email to exchangeconnector...

Safe to Move?

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Error after applying SP3 to GP9.0
error message "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue". I have applied SP3 and did not get any errors during the install. The error while trying to open any of the companies. There are no previous service packs installed prior to applying SP3. I am also not able to locate "GP_LoginErrors.log" You need to apply the service pack on your server FIRST before you apply i...

Moving Exchange 2000

Error class not registered in Outlook 07
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2007 (over XP SP2). Recently, whenever I start Ooutlook (first screen is Outlook Today) I'm getting an error message: "Run Time Error" plus "Error: Class not Registered". When I run Microsoft Script Editor, the breaks the flowing statement: "document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();" However, when I'm not confirming the debug execution I can get into Outlook sending and receiving email normally. When I try to get into first screen (selecting top follder - Personal Folders) the error message is prompted ...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Error 0x800408FC with Outlook and Verizon DSL
Error: 0x800408FC The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct. It is not possible to send or receive e-mails. Does anyone know what is likely to generate this message and how to fix it? Is it truly a server problem or could it be a line problem or something else? Help much appreciated. Frank frank1492 <frank1492@verizon.net> wrote: > Error: 0x800408FC The server name you entered cannot be found on the > network (it might be down temporarily). Please v...

Moving Pages between two publications

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

emailing a large database
My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to get a database from it for a client(HELP). zipped up when you just rt. click on file and go to send to zip is 40MB - It will not email- I already compacted and repaired it and this is the size Any ideas- is their any programs out there that will super compress???? a file to be able to email it?? help Thanks, Barb "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7AFC9D5-F980-4368-AC8C-0721217E0219@microsoft.com... > My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to g...

Moving Folder error

SMTP Errors in event log
I get the following event log message: Event Type: Error Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2013 Date: 11/10/2004 Time: 12:01:02 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. Either none are configured, or all are down. I have tried changing the External DNS servers in the SMTP Virtual Server settings- advanced properties but it doesn't make a difference. Is that the correct place for the configuration or is there another place. Do I use my ISP'...

Moving between worksheets