This may be a non-issue but I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this
and ran into issues.

I have the XML customization files from our previous install of CRM 3.0 with
SQL 2k database. I now want to import and publish these same customizations
to CRM 3.0 on SQL 2k5.

Has anyone done this or can point me to documentation that tells about the
success or issues for doing this?

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On 7 Feb., 06:35, Chris Treanor
<ChrisTrea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This may be a non-issue but I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this
> and ran into issues.
>
> I have the XML customization files from our previous install of CRM 3.0 with
> SQL 2k database. I now want to import and publish these same customizations
> to CRM 3.0 on SQL 2k5.
>
> Has anyone done this or can point me to documentation that tells about the
> success or issues for doing this?
>
> Thanks.

I know there is a whitepaper how to move the complete database from
SQL Server 2000 to 2005. You can find it here http://www.microsoft.com/
downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=709f9cc7-8d53-45e8-
b853-1f9e733f9774&displaylang=en

In my opinion importing customizations to 2k5 should also be no
problem since this should be independent of the SQL server version...

Regards,
Markus

0
Markus
2/7/2007 10:26:01 AM
Hi Chris,

I've imported customizations from a server running SQL 2K to a server
running SQL 2K5 without any problems. I don't think you should have any
issues in this regard.

HTH,
Niths

"Chris Treanor" wrote:

> This may be a non-issue but I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this
> and ran into issues.
>
> I have the XML customization files from our previous install of CRM 3.0 with
> SQL 2k database. I now want to import and publish these same customizations
> to CRM 3.0 on SQL 2k5.
>
> Has anyone done this or can point me to documentation that tells about the
> success or issues for doing this?
>
> Thanks.

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Moving license to a new computer

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Safe to Move?

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Anyone tried customizing activity views by editing the SavedQueryBase records?
Would editing the SavedQueryBase records directly allow me to add otherwise unavailable columns to the various activities views? I am trying to show the phone number (location) but this column is not available using the workarounds posted for editing the activity views using the CRM GUI. Anyone tried this yet? I am not looking for an officially supported solution - just a functional workaround. ...

Moving Exchange 2000

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Custom animation to next slide.
Is there a way that you can automatically advance to the next slide following completion of a custom animation? VBA if necessary. Powerpoint 2007. TIA Chris Question: Does it HAVE to be done in a single slide? IOW, is looking like it does this good enough, or does it actually have to do it? Bill Dilworth "Chris Watts" <ng@ctwatts.plus.com> wrote in message news:e7N$LXEqKHA.5480@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way that you can automatically advance to the next slide > following completion of a custom animation? VBA if necessary. Pow...

SFO Installation Error
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known in crm with the same user name and password. this is required! Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Troy" wrot...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

"Customize Outlook Today" Button Does Not Work
Anybody know why this has happened? I want to change some style stuff, and I can't get the button to do anything. Running Windows XP Home. It used to work, but something crapped it out. See the following.. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820575 "John Maillard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:332a01c3e1dc$995735b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anybody know why this has happened? I want to change some > style stuff, and I can't get the button to do anything. > Running Windows XP Home. It used to work, but something > crapped it out...

SQLjobvis 3.0 (free)
SQLsoft is pleased to announce the official release of version 3 of SQLjobvis - a totally free tool for SQL Server 2005 and above. SQLjobvis displays your SQL agent job run history in a timeline, making it easy to identify long-running, failed or clashing jobs. Check it out today at http://www.sqlsoft.co.uk/sqljobvis.php. Regards, Will Alber (SQLsoft). __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4913 (20100303) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

Could you use CRM as a Business Contact Manager?
Hi, We are a small non-profit agency, and as such, could purchase Dynamics for a reasonable price. We are in need of a good business contact manager, not necessarily for sales. We do small business development, and would like to enter new clients with demographic information, and keep records of all correspondence, phone calls, etc with these clients. Be able to create calendar entries for appointments and such and export them to Outlook, and generate montly reports of activity and such. I "assume" Dynamics can do all of this and much more, but wanted to get some expert p...

Moving Folder error