Moving crm3 to new server

Windows 2003 SP1
CRM3 Sp1
SQL2005 SP1

New server has same Name and IP address.  Moved  MDF and LDF files then
started CRM3 install.  Install would not recognize the existing DB's.  Tried
Backup and restore same error.  ANy suggestions would be apprecoated.

Robert
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

One suggestion could be to take advantage of the CRM Redeployment Tool to
move CRM from one server to another. You can find this on the CRM Disk.

Regards,
Anuj Singh

"Robert" wrote:

> Windows 2003 SP1
> CRM3 Sp1
> SQL2005 SP1
>
> New server has same Name and IP address.  Moved  MDF and LDF files then
> started CRM3 install.  Install would not recognize the existing DB's.  Tried
> Backup and restore same error.  ANy suggestions would be apprecoated.
>
> Robert
Anuj Singh,
     Thank you for your reply,  as I understand it the CRM Redeployment Tool
is designed primarily to assist if your moving to a new Domain.    My
question is why CRM will not recognize it own Databases??

"Anuj Singh" wrote:

> One suggestion could be to take advantage of the CRM Redeployment Tool to
> move CRM from one server to another. You can find this on the CRM Disk.
>
> Regards,
> Anuj Singh
>
> "Robert" wrote:
>
> > Windows 2003 SP1
> > CRM3 Sp1
> > SQL2005 SP1
> >
> > New server has same Name and IP address.  Moved  MDF and LDF files then
> > started CRM3 install.  Install would not recognize the existing DB's.  Tried
> > Backup and restore same error.  ANy suggestions would be apprecoated.
> >
> > Robert
Robert,
It appears that you have CRM and SQL on the same box (Is this correct?) and
you are moving CRM/SQL together to the new machine?

You are right, Redeloyment Tool is used to deploy CRM from one environment
to another environment. If you can test Redeployment into your Test
Environment (if you have one is place) then you can wipe your current
environment and redeploy it here itself using your new servers.

Anyway, unless you can do a successful Test deploy you should maintain your
current environment.

Given current scenario, I would suggest that you restore the database from
current  SQL server to the new SQL server. Then use the Deployment Manager to
point to the new SQL server.

If this works then you can install CRM app on the new Server, test
everything out there and then uninstall CRM from the first server.

Regards,
Anuj Singh

"Robert" wrote:

> Anuj Singh,
>      Thank you for your reply,  as I understand it the CRM Redeployment Tool
> is designed primarily to assist if your moving to a new Domain.    My
> question is why CRM will not recognize it own Databases??
>
> "Anuj Singh" wrote:
>
> > One suggestion could be to take advantage of the CRM Redeployment Tool to
> > move CRM from one server to another. You can find this on the CRM Disk.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Anuj Singh
> >
> > "Robert" wrote:
> >
> > > Windows 2003 SP1
> > > CRM3 Sp1
> > > SQL2005 SP1
> > >
> > > New server has same Name and IP address.  Moved  MDF and LDF files then
> > > started CRM3 install.  Install would not recognize the existing DB's.  Tried
> > > Backup and restore same error.  ANy suggestions would be apprecoated.
> > >
> > > Robert
BTW, here is another thread on a similar issue:-
http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=multiple+crm&dg=microsoft.public.crm.deployment&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

Regards,
Anuj Singh

"Anuj Singh" wrote:

> Robert,
> It appears that you have CRM and SQL on the same box (Is this correct?) and
> you are moving CRM/SQL together to the new machine?
>
> You are right, Redeloyment Tool is used to deploy CRM from one environment
> to another environment. If you can test Redeployment into your Test
> Environment (if you have one is place) then you can wipe your current
> environment and redeploy it here itself using your new servers.
>
> Anyway, unless you can do a successful Test deploy you should maintain your
> current environment.
>
> Given current scenario, I would suggest that you restore the database from
> current  SQL server to the new SQL server. Then use the Deployment Manager to
> point to the new SQL server.
>
> If this works then you can install CRM app on the new Server, test
> everything out there and then uninstall CRM from the first server.
>
> Regards,
> Anuj Singh
>

> "Robert" wrote:
>
> > Anuj Singh,
> >      Thank you for your reply,  as I understand it the CRM Redeployment Tool
> > is designed primarily to assist if your moving to a new Domain.    My
> > question is why CRM will not recognize it own Databases??
> >
> > "Anuj Singh" wrote:
> >
> > > One suggestion could be to take advantage of the CRM Redeployment Tool to
> > > move CRM from one server to another. You can find this on the CRM Disk.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Anuj Singh

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Safe to Move?

New Tabbed Documents feature
I have loaded Office Prof 2007 Plus and am using Access. there is a new feature, "Tabbed Documents". I do not see them, when I open several Tables, Queries, etc, they are just one on top of another. You can Cascade them, but there are NO tabs along the top. I have called MS and even tried the website. Could I be missing an update?, but I would have though the package should have this feature already installed. Otherwise the package is working fine. Any help would be appreciated. The tabbed documents applies to forms only. You can have overlapping windows like the...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Moving Exchange 2000

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

Outlook is not able to connect to my SMTP server
I use Outlook2003 for email. When I try to check my email from a POP3 server, port 110, outlook says server not found. But, the server responds to a ping. The same proble repeats with netscape mail. I am inside a LAN with a proxy, and an internal SMTP server. No other comp is facing this problem. Is this some sort of a virus attack? Please help. Some proxy software does intercept and handle POP3/SMTP calls. For example, Microsoft Proxy 2.0 installs a client on the clients machine and needs to be configured to allow POP3/SMTP calls. Could your proxy solution be interfering? "abk&qu...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Exchange Small Business Server 2003 18GB storage limit issue
Running SP2 and configured the "registry file" with DWORD , increased the size to 70GB in "Private Store" Stll get following error. Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SERVER)': The logical size of this database (the logical size equals the physical size of the .edb file and the .stm file minus the logical free space in each) is 18 GB. This database size has exceeded the size limit of 18 GB. Any idea please. Store gets unmonted once a week. Thanks for the help mxarun Check the spelling of the registry value as per: http://markarnold.blogspot...