Moving CRM server 08-09-07

We are shifting a portion of our office to a new location. This includes
moving the CRM server as well. The new location is on a different subnet. My
question is will there be any impact of the move on the CRM? Please note that
the CRM server IP Address will change. The CRM Server has the CRM and SQL
server installed.

Btw, we have not upgraded to CRM 3.0 and are still on 1.2 at this point.

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I don't think it will affect you, as long as update the IP address
correctly on your server and your users can access the server. Also
you have SQL and CRM in the same box. You should be good to go.

Good luck on your move.

Darren Liu
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Aug 9, 10:50 am, appsmr <app...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We are shifting a portion of our office to a new location. This includes
> moving the CRM server as well. The new location is on a different subnet. My
> question is will there be any impact of the move on the CRM? Please note that
> the CRM server IP Address will change. The CRM Server has the CRM and SQL
> server installed.
>
> Btw, we have not upgraded to CRM 3.0 and are still on 1.2 at this point.
>
> Thanks

0
Darren

Moving license to a new computer

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Deployment manager 09-30-03
Help I just installed CRM on a 2000 server. I am connected to another server using Active Directories. When I try to run the Deployment manager I get a Snap in failure. This is what the event viewer shows. Anyone have any Ideas!!!!! dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin : WhoAmI failed. You must log in as the Administrative user who installed CRM. "Scott" <scottp@sescoinc.com> wrote in message news:11f701c38701$865c5160$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Help > I just installed CRM on a 2000 server. I am connected to > another server using Active Directories. When I try to run > the Deplo...

Safe to Move?

CRM Warning for Sales Orgs
We just UN-implemented CRM. After getting technical problems resolved functionality killed the product. Reason? Users preferred the much simpler Act! because CRM: - Cannot customize activity views (you don't know what customer or contact or quote or opportunity the activity relates to unless you open activity up). Try juggling a list of 100 open activities this way. - Cannot customize activities. No custom fields are allowed for activity screens. - Cannot create activities off of activities. Unbelievable. We cannot forward an e-mail from a customer to another CRM user, or create a follo...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

Error class not registered in Outlook 07
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2007 (over XP SP2). Recently, whenever I start Ooutlook (first screen is Outlook Today) I'm getting an error message: "Run Time Error" plus "Error: Class not Registered". When I run Microsoft Script Editor, the breaks the flowing statement: "document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();" However, when I'm not confirming the debug execution I can get into Outlook sending and receiving email normally. When I try to get into first screen (selecting top follder - Personal Folders) the error message is prompted ...

Calendar 05-02-07
I want to keep a monthly calendar of patient appointments but can't find anything except dealing with Outlook. Is there a way to create a calendar function in Access to track appointments? If so, can someone give me a clue as to how/where to start. I know how to do the table, query, form & report thingee, just do not know how to set up calendar to automagically perform calendaring functions. Thanks in advance. KP KP A Flex Grid Control will probably do what you want. Have a look at - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.mdb&#...

Moving Exchange 2000

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

crm test 2
sdadqd asd qsd qsd qd ...

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

Could you use CRM as a Business Contact Manager?
Hi, We are a small non-profit agency, and as such, could purchase Dynamics for a reasonable price. We are in need of a good business contact manager, not necessarily for sales. We do small business development, and would like to enter new clients with demographic information, and keep records of all correspondence, phone calls, etc with these clients. Be able to create calendar entries for appointments and such and export them to Outlook, and generate montly reports of activity and such. I "assume" Dynamics can do all of this and much more, but wanted to get some expert p...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...