Moving CRM 3.0 Server across Domain

Hi all,

I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to another domain.
Is it possible? and any suggested activity flow?

Thanks in advance,

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes.  There is a Redeployment Tool on the server CD that is used for this.
Basic steps are to do a SQL Backup/Restore, run the Redeployment wizard to
sync the AD objects and then install CRM.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"mani" <mani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to another domain.
Is it possible? and any suggested activity flow?

Thanks in advance,

0
Matt
3/20/2007 3:24:13 PM
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:24:13 -0500, "Matt Parks"
<mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:

>Yes.  There is a Redeployment Tool on the server CD that is used for this.
>Basic steps are to do a SQL Backup/Restore, run the Redeployment wizard to
>sync the AD objects and then install CRM.

If the new domain is in the same forest as the old domain then you
might not need to run the redeployment tool. It all depends on if you
want to change the user accounts.

If the new domain is in a new forest then you must run the
redeployment tool.
Feridun Kadir
0
feridun
3/20/2007 8:19:30 PM
Thanks a lot for all the help. Actually I am moving my CRM server to a new
domain in a new forest and all I will have to recreate all the user accounts.
I will verify the redeployment kit but is there any documentation available
for this activity? I have MOC for CRM Installation and Configuration as well
but could'nt find any relevant material there.

Thanks and regards.

Usman Manzoor

"feridun@removethisword.sfax.co.uk" wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:24:13 -0500, "Matt Parks"
> <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes.  There is a Redeployment Tool on the server CD that is used for this.
> >Basic steps are to do a SQL Backup/Restore, run the Redeployment wizard to
> >sync the AD objects and then install CRM.
>

> If the new domain is in the same forest as the old domain then you
> might not need to run the redeployment tool. It all depends on if you
> want to change the user accounts.
>
> If the new domain is in a new forest then you must run the
> redeployment tool.
> Feridun Kadir

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

Moving license to a new computer

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Safe to Move?

Check Box #3
I am trying to add check boxes to a protected document that will be selected when I tab through the document. Does anyone know if the check boxes can be formatted to be activated in theis way. Right now, I have to select the check boxes with the mouse. Thanks you could try this solution that I came up with a while back. This is a copy of that post Another way is to use this technique of having a check column, and monitoring it with a worksheet selection change event. Add your code as needed. Rather than use a checkbox, I suggest just using a check column. So if we assume that the dat...

CRM Warning for Sales Orgs
We just UN-implemented CRM. After getting technical problems resolved functionality killed the product. Reason? Users preferred the much simpler Act! because CRM: - Cannot customize activity views (you don't know what customer or contact or quote or opportunity the activity relates to unless you open activity up). Try juggling a list of 100 open activities this way. - Cannot customize activities. No custom fields are allowed for activity screens. - Cannot create activities off of activities. Unbelievable. We cannot forward an e-mail from a customer to another CRM user, or create a follo...

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Error after applying SP3 to GP9.0
error message "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue". I have applied SP3 and did not get any errors during the install. The error while trying to open any of the companies. There are no previous service packs installed prior to applying SP3. I am also not able to locate "GP_LoginErrors.log" You need to apply the service pack on your server FIRST before you apply i...

Moving Exchange 2000

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

Attempt to identify unique keys using .NET xsltransform hangs, but works fine in MSXML 4.0
The following XSLT works fine using MSXML 4.0 (e.g I receive a result in about 20 seconds), but effectively hangs in both .NET 1.0 sp2 with the XML hot fix and NET 1.1. My source XML file is large at over 46,000 <atl_client> nodes <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/> <!-- lookup port parent on portfolio long name *** uses parsed port...

crm test 2
sdadqd asd qsd qsd qd ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Countif across multiple sheets
Hi there, I am using the following formula (see below), but wondering if the sheetnames I enter have to be in the EXACT order that there are in the spreadsheet? =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&BA2:BA151&"'!e50"),"x")) where BA2:BA151 is a range housing the relevant sheetnames in separate cells ... AND e50 is the cell I am referencing in every sheet. I get a #REF! error. Thanks I get the Ref error only if a sheet name is mispelled or if one of the cells that is supposed to have a sheet name is empty "Tim" wrote: ...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP?
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

Could you use CRM as a Business Contact Manager?
Hi, We are a small non-profit agency, and as such, could purchase Dynamics for a reasonable price. We are in need of a good business contact manager, not necessarily for sales. We do small business development, and would like to enter new clients with demographic information, and keep records of all correspondence, phone calls, etc with these clients. Be able to create calendar entries for appointments and such and export them to Outlook, and generate montly reports of activity and such. I "assume" Dynamics can do all of this and much more, but wanted to get some expert p...