Moving CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 clean installl

Hi,

We have a CRM1.2 system we've been using for a while which contains a lot of
data. We've been unable to upgrade it to CRM3 as the upgrade continually
fails.

As an alternative, we've now setup a CRM 3 server from scratch and recreated
all of the customisations on this.

We now need a way to get the data from CRM 1.2 to the fresh CRM3 server
without losing any data/links etc..

Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the fields in CRM3 have slightly
different names to their corresponding ones in CRM 1.2 but we know the
mappings required in most cases.

We need to get all entities across barring leads (so accounts, contacts,
opportunities, cases and activities - think that's it) plus all associated
data like addresses.

We've started using scribe thinking we could use it to transfer the data but
after importing users and some accounts we've hit a snag as the GUIDs that
go across change - CRM 3 seems to ignore the guid being sent across by
Scribe from 1.2 and instead always assigns new ones. We were hoping it would
use the 1.2 guid so it would simply be a case of mapping the relevant fields
for each entity and then running them in (with exceptions of some fields
that would need updating after such as primary contact etc..).

Is there anyway to do this? Is there anyway to make the CRM3 install look at
our CRM1.2 CRM database and import the data automatically?

Any help would be appreciated as we're desperate to get onto CRM 3 but it's
been one long nightmare so far.

Cheers, Steve

0
Steve
1/23/2007 3:26:16 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Steve,

I don't think that this is possible since the table structure in 3.0 is
pretty much different from 1.2. Are you sure you want to do this?
What errors did you get when upgrading your 1.2? In my opinion this is
a much better and much safer way to move your data. It takes some time,
but usually you can figure it out...

Cheers,
Markus

Steve schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> We have a CRM1.2 system we've been using for a while which contains a lot of
> data. We've been unable to upgrade it to CRM3 as the upgrade continually
> fails.
>
> As an alternative, we've now setup a CRM 3 server from scratch and recreated
> all of the customisations on this.
>
> We now need a way to get the data from CRM 1.2 to the fresh CRM3 server
> without losing any data/links etc..
>
> Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the fields in CRM3 have slightly
> different names to their corresponding ones in CRM 1.2 but we know the
> mappings required in most cases.
>
> We need to get all entities across barring leads (so accounts, contacts,
> opportunities, cases and activities - think that's it) plus all associated
> data like addresses.
>
> We've started using scribe thinking we could use it to transfer the data but
> after importing users and some accounts we've hit a snag as the GUIDs that
> go across change - CRM 3 seems to ignore the guid being sent across by
> Scribe from 1.2 and instead always assigns new ones. We were hoping it would
> use the 1.2 guid so it would simply be a case of mapping the relevant fields
> for each entity and then running them in (with exceptions of some fields
> that would need updating after such as primary contact etc..).
>
> Is there anyway to do this? Is there anyway to make the CRM3 install look at
> our CRM1.2 CRM database and import the data automatically?
>
> Any help would be appreciated as we're desperate to get onto CRM 3 but it's
> been one long nightmare so far.
>
> Cheers, Steve

0
Markus
1/23/2007 3:46:19 PM
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that you are not able to upgrade your CRM to 3.0. I think
you can still use Scribe for the data migration. In terms of the GUIDs,
CRM actually generate new GUIDs for you on the insert, so I would
recommend you place the old CRM 1.2 GUID into an unused field like
address1_telephone3, etc... Then you can reference to that old GUID
later on when you try to link the other entities back to the parent
entity. Feel free to post question related to Scribe and I will try my
best to help, I am Scribe certified also.

Hope this give you an idea on your data migration.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek and Company
http://www.crowecrm.com

Steve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a CRM1.2 system we've been using for a while which contains a lot of
> data. We've been unable to upgrade it to CRM3 as the upgrade continually
> fails.
>
> As an alternative, we've now setup a CRM 3 server from scratch and recreated
> all of the customisations on this.
>
> We now need a way to get the data from CRM 1.2 to the fresh CRM3 server
> without losing any data/links etc..
>
> Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the fields in CRM3 have slightly
> different names to their corresponding ones in CRM 1.2 but we know the
> mappings required in most cases.
>
> We need to get all entities across barring leads (so accounts, contacts,
> opportunities, cases and activities - think that's it) plus all associated
> data like addresses.
>
> We've started using scribe thinking we could use it to transfer the data but
> after importing users and some accounts we've hit a snag as the GUIDs that
> go across change - CRM 3 seems to ignore the guid being sent across by
> Scribe from 1.2 and instead always assigns new ones. We were hoping it would
> use the 1.2 guid so it would simply be a case of mapping the relevant fields
> for each entity and then running them in (with exceptions of some fields
> that would need updating after such as primary contact etc..).
>
> Is there anyway to do this? Is there anyway to make the CRM3 install look at
> our CRM1.2 CRM database and import the data automatically?
>
> Any help would be appreciated as we're desperate to get onto CRM 3 but it's
> been one long nightmare so far.
>
> Cheers, Steve

0
Darren
1/23/2007 4:09:56 PM
Thanks for your reply.

We've found the GUIDS for accounts are actually copying over fine, it's just
the systemuserid on the users that seems to have not done so which isn't too
big a problem, just means we are having to copy accounts over one user at a
time so we can specify the new owner guids when the records go across. From
what we've found, it's looking like the only issue we might have is with
activities due to the quite different structure they have in 3.0 compared to
1.2 so they might prove a bit more difficult.

Thanks, Steve

"Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Steve,
>
> Sorry to hear that you are not able to upgrade your CRM to 3.0. I think
> you can still use Scribe for the data migration. In terms of the GUIDs,
> CRM actually generate new GUIDs for you on the insert, so I would
> recommend you place the old CRM 1.2 GUID into an unused field like
> address1_telephone3, etc... Then you can reference to that old GUID
> later on when you try to link the other entities back to the parent
> entity. Feel free to post question related to Scribe and I will try my
> best to help, I am Scribe certified also.
>
> Hope this give you an idea on your data migration.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek and Company
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> Steve wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a CRM1.2 system we've been using for a while which contains a lot
>> of
>> data. We've been unable to upgrade it to CRM3 as the upgrade continually
>> fails.
>>
>> As an alternative, we've now setup a CRM 3 server from scratch and
>> recreated
>> all of the customisations on this.
>>
>> We now need a way to get the data from CRM 1.2 to the fresh CRM3 server
>> without losing any data/links etc..
>>
>> Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the fields in CRM3 have
>> slightly
>> different names to their corresponding ones in CRM 1.2 but we know the
>> mappings required in most cases.
>>
>> We need to get all entities across barring leads (so accounts, contacts,
>> opportunities, cases and activities - think that's it) plus all
>> associated
>> data like addresses.
>>
>> We've started using scribe thinking we could use it to transfer the data
>> but
>> after importing users and some accounts we've hit a snag as the GUIDs
>> that
>> go across change - CRM 3 seems to ignore the guid being sent across by
>> Scribe from 1.2 and instead always assigns new ones. We were hoping it
>> would
>> use the 1.2 guid so it would simply be a case of mapping the relevant
>> fields
>> for each entity and then running them in (with exceptions of some fields
>> that would need updating after such as primary contact etc..).
>>
>> Is there anyway to do this? Is there anyway to make the CRM3 install look
>> at
>> our CRM1.2 CRM database and import the data automatically?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated as we're desperate to get onto CRM 3 but
>> it's
>> been one long nightmare so far.
>>
>> Cheers, Steve

0
Steve
1/24/2007 11:17:01 AM
Hi Darren,

Just got a very quick question about scribe if that's ok.

The migration with scribe from crm 1.2 to 3.0 is going pretty well so far
with one exception - for boolean fields, where the original 1.2 record
hasn't had either option ticked and so is using the default values (usually
0/false), as these are stored as null in 1.2 rather than being actually set
to the 0 value, when they're coming through to CRM 3.0 as null, CRM3 is
showing neither option as checked rather than using the default.

I've therefore applied a formula on the data mapping for one of these fields
as follows:

If(S56=1,1,0)

I thought this would cause it to set the value to 1 if it was already 1,
otherwise set it to 0 but where they're null, it seems to be still coming
through as null and ignoring the formuala.

Do you have any idea of why this is and how we can solve it, I'm not sure if
it's just my formula is wrong or if it's just a case of it ignoring the
nulls and putting them through anyway.

Thanks for your time,

Steve Strang

"Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Steve,
>
> Sorry to hear that you are not able to upgrade your CRM to 3.0. I think
> you can still use Scribe for the data migration. In terms of the GUIDs,
> CRM actually generate new GUIDs for you on the insert, so I would
> recommend you place the old CRM 1.2 GUID into an unused field like
> address1_telephone3, etc... Then you can reference to that old GUID
> later on when you try to link the other entities back to the parent
> entity. Feel free to post question related to Scribe and I will try my
> best to help, I am Scribe certified also.
>
> Hope this give you an idea on your data migration.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowe Chizek and Company
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> Steve wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a CRM1.2 system we've been using for a while which contains a lot
>> of
>> data. We've been unable to upgrade it to CRM3 as the upgrade continually
>> fails.
>>
>> As an alternative, we've now setup a CRM 3 server from scratch and
>> recreated
>> all of the customisations on this.
>>
>> We now need a way to get the data from CRM 1.2 to the fresh CRM3 server
>> without losing any data/links etc..
>>
>> Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the fields in CRM3 have
>> slightly
>> different names to their corresponding ones in CRM 1.2 but we know the
>> mappings required in most cases.
>>
>> We need to get all entities across barring leads (so accounts, contacts,
>> opportunities, cases and activities - think that's it) plus all
>> associated
>> data like addresses.
>>
>> We've started using scribe thinking we could use it to transfer the data
>> but
>> after importing users and some accounts we've hit a snag as the GUIDs
>> that
>> go across change - CRM 3 seems to ignore the guid being sent across by
>> Scribe from 1.2 and instead always assigns new ones. We were hoping it
>> would
>> use the 1.2 guid so it would simply be a case of mapping the relevant
>> fields
>> for each entity and then running them in (with exceptions of some fields
>> that would need updating after such as primary contact etc..).
>>
>> Is there anyway to do this? Is there anyway to make the CRM3 install look
>> at
>> our CRM1.2 CRM database and import the data automatically?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated as we're desperate to get onto CRM 3 but
>> it's
>> been one long nightmare so far.
>>
>> Cheers, Steve

0
Steve
1/24/2007 12:13:23 PM
Hi,
   When i tried to upgrade CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, it come out below error
message..Anybody know how to solved it? Thanks.

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed
Help files show:
"Mal-formed XML Found In Microsoft CRM 1.2 Export Saved Queries"
"Cause: Upgrade has found some mal-formed XML Saved Queries from your
Microsoft CRM 1.2 installation"

"Steve" wrote:

> [...]
> >> but
> >> after importing users and some accounts we've hit a snag as the GUIDs
> >> that
> >> go across change - CRM 3 seems to ignore the guid being sent across by
> >> Scribe from 1.2 and instead always assigns new ones. We were hoping it
> >> would
> >> use the 1.2 guid so it would simply be a case of mapping the relevant
> >> fields
> >> for each entity and then running them in (with exceptions of some fields
> >> that would need updating after such as primary contact etc..).
> >>
> >> Is there anyway to do this? Is there anyway to make the CRM3 install look
> >> at
> >> our CRM1.2 CRM database and import the data automatically?
> >>
> >> Any help would be appreciated as we're desperate to get onto CRM 3 but

Moving license to a new computer

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

cannot compose message #2
Sorry - should have provided this info: Using Outlook 2000, Windows 98 ______________________________ When I try to begin composing a message, I receive this error "Kernel 32, Illegal Operation, Contact Program Vendor" - and my system crashes. Yesterday, the message I was getting when I tried to compose was: "A fatal exception OE has occurred. 017F:BFF9DFFF The current application will be terminated" - and my system would crash. I am able to receive messages. Can someone help? Thank you!! .. ...

Header information #2
I would like to know if there is a way to hide the back end routing information in the header field. I don't mind if the Edge's name and IP is displayed. I am just wondering if I can hide the back end CAS and MAIL server info. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. There are native tools to rewrite addresses, but not entire headers, afaik. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Maav" <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote in message news:16F48334-30...

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Check Box #3
I am trying to add check boxes to a protected document that will be selected when I tab through the document. Does anyone know if the check boxes can be formatted to be activated in theis way. Right now, I have to select the check boxes with the mouse. Thanks you could try this solution that I came up with a while back. This is a copy of that post Another way is to use this technique of having a check column, and monitoring it with a worksheet selection change event. Add your code as needed. Rather than use a checkbox, I suggest just using a check column. So if we assume that the dat...

Safe to Move?

CRM Warning for Sales Orgs
We just UN-implemented CRM. After getting technical problems resolved functionality killed the product. Reason? Users preferred the much simpler Act! because CRM: - Cannot customize activity views (you don't know what customer or contact or quote or opportunity the activity relates to unless you open activity up). Try juggling a list of 100 open activities this way. - Cannot customize activities. No custom fields are allowed for activity screens. - Cannot create activities off of activities. Unbelievable. We cannot forward an e-mail from a customer to another CRM user, or create a follo...

Defaults #2
How do you set defaults for fonts and language used in text boxes? Publisher 2003 You cannot without a free add-in utility from Brian's website www.kvalheim.org We did have all these and more features in the excellent Publisher 97, but then Microsoft decided you no longer needed Defaults and removed them all. We still have not got them back. I think you have a cheek deciding you need and want something that Microsoft decided for you, you no longer need. Thankfully the freeware utility is a step forward. Overall Publisher 2003 is a great product. -- ...

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Error after applying SP3 to GP9.0
error message "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue". I have applied SP3 and did not get any errors during the install. The error while trying to open any of the companies. There are no previous service packs installed prior to applying SP3. I am also not able to locate "GP_LoginErrors.log" You need to apply the service pack on your server FIRST before you apply i...

Moving Exchange 2000

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

Attempt to identify unique keys using .NET xsltransform hangs, but works fine in MSXML 4.0
The following XSLT works fine using MSXML 4.0 (e.g I receive a result in about 20 seconds), but effectively hangs in both .NET 1.0 sp2 with the XML hot fix and NET 1.1. My source XML file is large at over 46,000 <atl_client> nodes <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/> <!-- lookup port parent on portfolio long name *** uses parsed port...

Syntax error 5.5.2 and error 4.1.8
I have around 350 email addresses in blocks of 50 or so. I send group emails once a month without incident until today. Now I get syntax error 5.5.2 and 4.1.8. Just to be sure I opened each group and scanned for corrupted addresses, etc. All looks clean. I am using XP as OS and email is Mozilla Thunderbird. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice byte[] to image and image to byte[] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2a1d8e9c-161f-455c-a5b7-dd2d9a05c101/byte-to-image-and-image.aspx On 12/31/09 12:32 AM, in article 2009123133220rquinn002@maine.rr.c...

crm test 2
sdadqd asd qsd qsd qd ...

Moving Pages between two publications

apartamento casa =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vit=F3ria?=
Temos v�rios im�veis a venda em Vit�ria-es (Esp�rito Santo) Casas , apartamentos , im�veis na planta.... www.imoveisvitoria.com.br ...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2