hi, is it possible to move a user from one business unit to other ?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes it is. However when you move them they will lose their security role so
you will need to add a security role to their user record

"M. Ceccacci" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, is it possible to move a user from one business unit to other ?

0
John
4/16/2004 2:52:52 PM
should have said!!

to do this go to settings, business units, users then open up the users
record then click actions - change business unit.

once done make sure you reassign a security role to the user otherwise they
will not be able to log in

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:uc64AK8IEHA.964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Yes it is. However when you move them they will lose their security role
so
> you will need to add a security role to their user record
>

> "M. Ceccacci" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi, is it possible to move a user from one business unit to other ?

0
John
4/16/2004 3:16:02 PM
Yes.  From the web client,, go into the Business Unit setting and open the
detail form for the user.  Then, from the actions menu, select Change Business
Unit".

Matt Parks

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:41:04 -0700, "M. Ceccacci"

hi, is it possible to move a user from one business unit to other ?

0
Matt

Moving license to a new computer

ShellExecute, WinExec, not launching as a current user...
Hi, I have a service that pretty much does nothing apart from launching an application from time to time, for backup purposes. But a service is launched as 'SYSTEM', (as user), and as when it starts the application it starts it as 'SYSTEM', (not as the 'Current User'). But, because of the registry and multy-users i want the application to be launched as 'Current User', any idea on how i could achieve that? Many thanks Sims Hello Sims! On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:55:46 +0200, Sims wrote: > I have a service that pretty much does nothing apart from launching...

Safe to Move?

Unit Conversion Tutorial
Explanation: I am an engineering student and I want to create a program which calculates minimum piping wall thickness. I am thinking that users will input a number in a text field and then choose a base unit from a drop down menu. Another drop down menu will display the intended units and the conversion will be calculated in another text field. eg. (1 bar = 14.5 psi) The user will then input this number into a formula and the resulting answer will be displayed accordingly. I am looking for a tutorial or some other reference in which to create the drop down menus and to input the unit con...

Open other user's folder...
In Outlook 2002, if I click on FILE / OPEN / OTHER USER'S FOLDER, I get a list of people who have given me access to their calendars and/or mail. Three of these people have resigned and left, and their Outlook userid's have been terminated. But I can't figure out how to delete their names from the OTHER USER'S FOLDER drop-down window. Our help desk can't figure it out either. Does anyone know how to do this? This is a cache list. Open a whole lot other inboxes and they will eventually drop of the list ;-) The entries are kept within your profile in the registry. B...

Prevent users from deleting mail
Hello all...... I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Is it possible to configure a select group of users to prevent them from deleting any of their own mail? If so, how? Thank you for your time. Ed "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in news:OU6gtr0bEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Is it possible to > configure > a select group of users to prevent them from deleting any of their own > mail? If so, how? > Thank you for your time. Odd request. I can't think of a way to accomplis...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Moving Exchange 2000

Multiple user excel file
I want to create an excel file which can be use by multiple user at a time and the data updated in these files should bet stored in a centralized user file. I don't know how to go about it. Could you please help me out with this? I have created that input excel file using forms. one way to do it is to create multiple excel files and use a master file to link them all. e.g. create 4 files, master.xls, user1.xls, user2.xls, user3.xls formula in master.xls: A B C =[user1.xls]Sheet1!A1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!C1 =[user2.xls]Sheet1!A2. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B2. =[user1....

using publisher to print business cards
Hello, I am using publisher 2003 to print my business cards on a HP business inkjet printer., I have printed other cards w. no problem, but I have a new logo that I am using and it will not print my logo just the name addresss etc info. I have done a spysweeper, I have done disk cleanup, defrag, turned the computer off and on several time. ran anti virus.. I dont know what to do next. someone else has printed the business card from their computer and says it works just fine. I can print the logo by itself and it is beautiful but when I add it to the cards it doesnt print the logo. ...

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

"user defined functions" in Visio?
Is it possible to use "user defined functions" in Visio VBA like in Excel? I tried the following: Function HypotenuseLength(x, y) HypotenuseLength = Sqr(x ^ 2 + y ^ 2) End Function VBA (Visio) accepted the function, however, I cant seem to use it in the shapesheet. I believe the ability to execute code within the shapesheet is very limited (and does not include user functions) al <rhatcher@titan.com> wrote in message news:1132930181.246901.196070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use "user defined functions" in Visio VBA like in > ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

How do I change default user name for all Excel Files?
Attempting SSconsolidation ex Tools-->Options, User Info tab. You may need to do it from Word, depending on your version...which is why including your version is always helpful. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "miriamfox" <miriamfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0889E47B-E1C6-4F3B-B6D5-8AF5405AA92C@microsoft.com... > Attempting SSconsolidation ex ...

Could you use CRM as a Business Contact Manager?
Hi, We are a small non-profit agency, and as such, could purchase Dynamics for a reasonable price. We are in need of a good business contact manager, not necessarily for sales. We do small business development, and would like to enter new clients with demographic information, and keep records of all correspondence, phone calls, etc with these clients. Be able to create calendar entries for appointments and such and export them to Outlook, and generate montly reports of activity and such. I "assume" Dynamics can do all of this and much more, but wanted to get some expert p...

Business e-mail newsletter Template
How do I store the Microsoft Office Business e-mail newsletter template locally and retain HTML instead of Plain Text? A link to the template is below. When I store the newletter template locally as an OFT, the subsequent emails in Outlook 2007 using the template are in Plain Text instead of the original HTML. When I publish as a form, I get an error message "The Form You Selected Cannot Be Displayed". Link to Microsoft Office Business e-mail newsletter template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC100805931033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101043281033 Is it H...