Move CRM Application 3.0 to NEW Server

Folks:

Here is our CRM Environment:

SERVER1: CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services
SERVER2: SQL Server 2005

We want to move ONLY CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services from
SERVER1 to a NEW Server (CRM 3.0).

My Questions:

1) Are there any written instructions on how do I move only the CRM
Application and Reporting services
2) If for some reason the CRM move to new server fails, can I fail back to
OLD server so that I don't mess anything?

My boss is asking for a test of this in the test environment. Can I do the
test with the same company name and with same domain?

Thanks !

0
SQLDBA (4)
9/11/2009 2:02:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can install CRM on your new server and point it to the existing SQL
server.

Shafraz
--
Visit my blog: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/

"SQL DBA" wrote:

> Folks:
>
> Here is our CRM Environment:
>
> SERVER1: CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services
> SERVER2: SQL Server 2005
>
> We want to move ONLY CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services from
> SERVER1 to a NEW Server (CRM 3.0).
>
> My Questions:
>
> 1) Are there any written instructions on how do I move only the CRM
> Application and Reporting services
> 2) If for some reason the CRM move to new server fails, can I fail back to
> OLD server so that I don't mess anything?
>
> My boss is asking for a test of this in the test environment. Can I do the
> test with the same company name and with same domain?
>

> Thanks !

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

How to execute an application in VC++ program?
Hi, Now I want to execute a command line application within VC++ program. How should I do? In details, when the VC++ program is executed, I want it to execute another application automatically. The application is command line based. Here is how it looks like when executed. ************************************************ c:\> run application enter the source file: source.cpp enter the target file: target.cpp .... ************************************************* The input source.cpp and target.cpp have already been generated during the VC++ program. So there is no user input in this case. I...

Moving license to a new computer

"soap server application faulted" when adding an action in the workflow application
I can open the workflow manager, create a rule and insert a condition. When I try to assign an action to the condition I get this error and the manager shuts down. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks for your help. ...

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Safe to Move?

Check Box #3
I am trying to add check boxes to a protected document that will be selected when I tab through the document. Does anyone know if the check boxes can be formatted to be activated in theis way. Right now, I have to select the check boxes with the mouse. Thanks you could try this solution that I came up with a while back. This is a copy of that post Another way is to use this technique of having a check column, and monitoring it with a worksheet selection change event. Add your code as needed. Rather than use a checkbox, I suggest just using a check column. So if we assume that the dat...

CRM Warning for Sales Orgs
We just UN-implemented CRM. After getting technical problems resolved functionality killed the product. Reason? Users preferred the much simpler Act! because CRM: - Cannot customize activity views (you don't know what customer or contact or quote or opportunity the activity relates to unless you open activity up). Try juggling a list of 100 open activities this way. - Cannot customize activities. No custom fields are allowed for activity screens. - Cannot create activities off of activities. Unbelievable. We cannot forward an e-mail from a customer to another CRM user, or create a follo...

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Error after applying SP3 to GP9.0
error message "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue". I have applied SP3 and did not get any errors during the install. The error while trying to open any of the companies. There are no previous service packs installed prior to applying SP3. I am also not able to locate "GP_LoginErrors.log" You need to apply the service pack on your server FIRST before you apply i...

Moving Exchange 2000

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

Attempt to identify unique keys using .NET xsltransform hangs, but works fine in MSXML 4.0
The following XSLT works fine using MSXML 4.0 (e.g I receive a result in about 20 seconds), but effectively hangs in both .NET 1.0 sp2 with the XML hot fix and NET 1.1. My source XML file is large at over 46,000 <atl_client> nodes <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/> <!-- lookup port parent on portfolio long name *** uses parsed port...

crm test 2
sdadqd asd qsd qsd qd ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Howto find multiple servers using TCP
I have to search my subnet to look for servers that are listening on port 30715. I am using one thread of a derived class of CAsyncSocket. I am using CEvents with a 200 milisecond timeout, if there is no connection within the 200 miliseconds, then I know there is no serer. However searching from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 takes a long time. Is there a better way? I can't think of another way. But if the server program is your program, then I have a suggestion. I have a server that alot of clients connect to, and I really didn't want to have to input the server address in ever...