Mofidied On has the same date/time in many items

Hello,

We have noticed that a large number of activities, cases and leads, suddenly
has the same date/time value in the SQL Server, in the field "Modified On".
Can you tell me how can this happen? Could this happen every time someone
goes offline and has the right to sync these items? Is it a CRM bug? I
cannot understand how can fields take the same value in a batch way, without
human interference...

Any help?
Thanks,
Elena

0
SiEBEN
6/16/2004 10:46:07 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If the records have *exactly* the same time I suspect that someone has
likely gonue around the platform and tried to directly update rows in the
database. That's the only way, other than pure coincidence, that a bunch of
the auditing information can be the sam.e

"SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We have noticed that a large number of activities, cases and leads,
suddenly
> has the same date/time value in the SQL Server, in the field "Modified
On".
> Can you tell me how can this happen? Could this happen every time someone
> goes offline and has the right to sync these items? Is it a CRM bug? I
> cannot understand how can fields take the same value in a batch way,
without
> human interference...
>
> Any help?
> Thanks,
> Elena

0
Mj
6/16/2004 3:38:07 PM
This will also happen if you perform a security role update as all records
have to be accessed to check security. This is by design although I have
logged it as a possible design flaw.

"Mj Miller" <remove.this.mikemill@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If the records have *exactly* the same time I suspect that someone has
> likely gonue around the platform and tried to directly update rows in the
> database. That's the only way, other than pure coincidence, that a bunch
of
> the auditing information can be the sam.e
>
> "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have noticed that a large number of activities, cases and leads,
> suddenly
> > has the same date/time value in the SQL Server, in the field "Modified
> On".
> > Can you tell me how can this happen? Could this happen every time
someone
> > goes offline and has the right to sync these items? Is it a CRM bug? I
> > cannot understand how can fields take the same value in a batch way,
> without
> > human interference...
> >
> > Any help?
> > Thanks,
> > Elena

0
John
6/17/2004 2:32:31 AM
Mmm, I believe this is our case here. I will check this behaviour for
one-two days to be sure...

Thanks a lot

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:OjDzYNBVEHA.1048@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> This will also happen if you perform a security role update as all records
> have to be accessed to check security. This is by design although I have
> logged it as a possible design flaw.
>

> "Mj Miller" <remove.this.mikemill@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If the records have *exactly* the same time I suspect that someone has
> > likely gonue around the platform and tried to directly update rows in
the
> > database. That's the only way, other than pure coincidence, that a bunch
> of
> > the auditing information can be the sam.e
> >
> > "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We have noticed that a large number of activities, cases and leads,
> > suddenly
> > > has the same date/time value in the SQL Server, in the field "Modified
> > On".
> > > Can you tell me how can this happen? Could this happen every time
> someone
> > > goes offline and has the right to sync these items? Is it a CRM bug? I
> > > cannot understand how can fields take the same value in a batch way,
> > without
> > > human interference...
> > >
> > > Any help?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Elena

0
SiEBEN

PivotTable question
Thanks Debra, For some reason when on that Date field button in the Pivot table & choose the Group & Show Detail > Group I get a "Cannot group that selection" pop up message. I'll give the other tips a shot, I'm sure those will work. thanks again -- -= cj = ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -= cj =-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1467 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26305 If the date column contains text, or blank cells, you'll see th...

Help
When meetings are sent to me they appear on my Outlook calendar repeating again and again. How do I correct this? "Sandra P." <Sandra P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92610534-0FA2-46DF-8613-BF46FBBDAC52@microsoft.com... > When meetings are sent to me they appear on my Outlook calendar repeating > again and again. How do I correct this? See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recurringmeetings.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Incorrect date in creation date field
I am having an issue when creating a template I am trying to use the date field called creation date but when it is inerted into the document it shows an incorrect date? For example the file was created and saved on May 26, 2006 but the creation date field show November 26, 2002. Has anyone else seen this problem? ...

Last Balanced Date
Does anyone know a quick way to get a list of accounts and the last date they were balanced? I'm finding myself having to select each account and manually check to see if it is up to date. I would think there would be a report of some kind that would display this somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Skip Skip, I've been thinking of the same exact question ever since I made the upgrade from Money 2004 to 2005. The ability to see the last balanced date across all accounts did exist in the 2004 version, and it was very useful. It...

Convert Text Entry to Date Format
Hello We were sent a large spreadsheet with hundreds of dates entered as text in this format: 04151985. Each entry has the green triangle in the upper left corner of the cells designating the data as text. We need to change the format to 04/15/1985. I have tried DateValue with no luck. I get a "#value" error I have also tried converting the text to a number first and then formating as a date using "format/cells" but I only get a string of pound signs ####. Please help. Thanks Art Sorry, I just read some of the archived postings and figured out the solution. ...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a previous date set
I am devloping an excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a discharge could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date falls within the first and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter dates within or covering dates already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. The answer to your quest...

How to get all items to display at once
Regardless of how many items I have in my inbox, I would like them to all display at once, not just x per page. It makes it difficult to sort by subject or sender when they are split among multiple pages. I currently have it set to 100 per page, but still have between 2 & 6 pages depending on the day of the week and how 'tidy' I am keeping my inbox. TIA, Randy On 11 May 2006 21:22:43 -0700, peedoe@gmail.com wrote: >Regardless of how many items I have in my inbox, I would like them to >all display at once, not just x per page. It makes it difficult to >sort by subjec...

sequential date
Is it possible to have in sequence a date value I require four dates the same before sequencing the next date, so 01/01/11 01/01/11 01/01/11 01/01/11 02/01/11 02/01/11 02/01/11 02/01/11 03/01/11 03/01/11 03/01/11 03/01/11 etc etc Cheers In A1 : initial date In A2 : =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)<4,A1,A1+1) copy down as needed. Daniel > Is it possible to have in sequence a date value > > I require four dates the same before sequencing the next date, so > > 01/01/11 > 01/01/11 > 01/01/11 > 01/01/11 > 02/01/11 > 02/01/11 > 02/01/11 > 02/01/11 > 03/01/1...

How do I change the comment default format to include date?
In Excel 2007, I want to change the default format for comments, so that the date the comment was added is included in the comment as well as the name of the user who added the comment. Don't think that you can, the username is all you get, the rest you add yourself. -- HTH Bob "frj5000" <frj5000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06C2615D-AA43-4A1B-B6A3-AF551467BEE6@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2007, I want to change the default format for comments, so that > the > date the comment was added is included in the comment as wel...

Counting dates within a range
I have a large database of ~10,000 dated and timed entries. Each entry represents the date and time of a hospital admission. I would like to know for each entry, how many other events took place within 24 hours. I am trying to figure out how many hospital admission happened in the 12 hours prior to and after each admission to estimate the daily admission rate more accurately than just by calendar day. I have tried =COUNTIFS(AV:AV,"<="&(AV2+0.5),AV:AV,">="&(AV2-0.5)) Where AV is the column of all dates, and AV2 is the date in question. This fo...

Date Intervals from dates
Hi, I've created a query that lists the dates between a start date and an end date. From the list of dates, i need to find the intervals between the dates and then find the average of that. How do I get the intervals in a column in the query. thanks heaps See: Subquery basics: Get the value in another record at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#AnotherRecord The example is for the previous meter reading so you can subtract from the current value, but it works the same for dates. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http:/...

Grouping with Outlook 2003; Conversation ordering, dates
We're (just now) moving to Outlook 2003 at my business and thus I can no longer use Thunderbird that I've been using for quite a while. Outlook's grouping features seem convenient for the most part, but I can't seem to duplicate the threaded message behavior that Thunderbird has. I can group Outlook messages by Conversation, but only in ascending/decending order, and unfortunately this is in alphabetical order. I want to keep my messages in conversation grouping, but want the most recently updated conversation at the top of my list. The way I have it figured out so far, if a...

Hide timeline date
I'd like to hide the text of the date that appears in the text above the timeline icon. I want the text to appear, but with so many events on my timeline I want to reduce the clutter. How can I do this? On Fri, 22 May 2009 09:19:00 -0700, MikeM <MikeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd like to hide the text of the date that appears in the text above the >timeline icon. I want the text to appear, but with so many events on my >timeline I want to reduce the clutter. How can I do this? Icon? Do you mean the milestone shapes? If so then I've put some edited ve...

showing dates, e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd with st, nd, rd in superscript
I've recently started using Word 2007. I prefer to write dates in the form 1st January, rather than January 1. My previous edition of word always automatically gave st, nd and rd as smaller font superscripts or suffixes. I can't find a way of getting Word 7 to do that as a default. See the Date Fields with Ordinals section of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid p...

Money 2005
I have 3 checking accounts enabled for online banking at my bank. Suddenly for 2 of the accounts when I click on "make a one-time payment or transfer" it no longer shows the options "make an electronic payment" and "show online transactions". I have successfully paid bills from these accounts previously. The bank says all 3 are setup properly. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Mike ...

Date field
I have a date field which has a range of dates from 1850 - 1930 Each entry has dd mm yyyy how do I 1) format all fields to read e.g. dd Mmm yyyy 2) sort successfully on all records Bob M Select the range you want to format. Right click. In the Number Tab you will find the field "date" and on the right side you will find the format you need. Hope it helps. "Bob Matthews" wrote: > I have a date field which has a range of dates from 1850 - 1930 > Each entry has dd mm yyyy > how do I > 1) format all fields to read e.g. dd Mmm yyyy > 2) sort successfully ...

Wrong Date
Hello, I dont know if anyone has asked this question before as i am new to this. I have Outlook 2000 and when I receive an email it is showing the wrong time by an hour but the date is correct, can someone please help me to ressurect this ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "forro5" <forro5.100ce0@outlookforum.com> wrote in message news:forro5.100ce0@outlookforum.com... > > Hello, > > I dont know if anyone has asked this quest...

How do I subtract a date from a date for a sum of total years?
I am trying to calculate how many years an employee has worked. I have start date and current date. What is the formula to return years worked? If the current date is in A1 and the start date is in B1, then =year(A1)-year(B1) formatted as general will return the number of years worked. -- Gary''s Student "Paige" wrote: > I am trying to calculate how many years an employee has worked. I have start > date and current date. What is the formula to return years worked? Hi Paige One way =DATEDIF(Startdate,currentdate,"y") for years only =DATEDIF(Start...

Query to get information that doesn't match by date
I have a table named TTIME with columns in it named: Casenum, Tidate, Reason, Snum I have a table named CLIENTSCASENOTES with columns: Casenum, CNdate, CNnote, Snum. the column TIdate, in the TTIME table stores it's dates as mm/dd/yyyy the column CNdate, in the CLIENTSCASENOTES tables stores its dates as mm/dd/yyyy with the time on the end. What I am trying to do is link the TTIME table with the CLIENTSCASENOTES table and then get the following out of the query: All the records from TTIME that do not have a record in the CLIENTSCASENOTES table with date matching the da...

Form to allow filter on date / date range /
I am looking to filter on date or date range ( between a & b) I was looking to have DATEBOXA and DATEBOXB return all records in date that were in that range See: Limiting a Report to a Date Range at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-08.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "sfleck" <sfleck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C0A64DB-31E9-444B-9472-B9753E8E58CC@microsoft.com... >I am looking to filter on >...

30 Digits for Item Code
Can we make the RMS Item Code 30 digits to match GP? I know others have asked for this and I have a prospect who is wondering why I tell him Dynamics is a family of products when he has different field lengths. Rob ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

date functions #6
I have two questions: col A -----------Col B 05-DEC-2005------01-DEC-2005 20-DEC-2005------02-DEC-2005 ------19-DEC-2005 1.Which date or dates in range B1:B3 falls in range A1:A2(including both dates) ? or (Is any date/s in B1:B3 falls between A1 and A2?) ans: 19-DEC-2005 2.What date in range B1:B3 is nearest to today? ans: 19-DEC-2005 What functions will fetch me the desired results? Hi! > What functions will fetch me the desired results? Depends on how you want to do it. Do you want to extract the values to other cells or maybe you just want to highlight the values wit...

How to update dating?
I currently use Office 2003 including most of excel sheets. But I still the old excel templates (e.g., invoice, purchasing order, etc) from 97office excel on 03Excel program. The old templates has our company logo and it automatically updated to the current date. It no longer does with 03Excel program. When the 97 templates was opened, they still shows old date with the year 2004. So, I got to type the current date. This becomes a slightly inconvenience. I would like to know how to fine tune the "date" to autoupdate to our current date whenever I open the 9...

there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many
there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many time "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:428FA040-E7B5-47E6-B611-FB1748D71FD2@microsoft.com... > there are no item in inbox, i have click on send/receive tab many time What happens? Do you get any error messages? Did you turn on diagnostic logging to see what's happening during the send/receive? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479 -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] if you switch folders, do the messages show up? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http:/...

Time format #2
Hi, my data looks like 01:00:00 ( it ok as its in hh:mm:ss format) but my problem is with when my data comes out to be like :37:30 (General format) no I want this to be convert in to hh:mm:ss for which I need to add 0 at start.. Any formulae or Macro which can help me to sort this out. Thanks Assuming that there aren't any other defects in the data and that your data is in ColA, try putting this formula in ColB (and formatting ColB to "hh:mm:ss") ... =IF(LEFT(A1,1)=":",VALUE(0&A1),A1) Rgds, ScottO "Dushyant Rajput" <dushyant001@hotmail.com&g...