ModifiedOn Date change.

Hi,

Did anyone notice that if you change a security role and save it, it will
change the modified on for all the records asociated with this security
roll. It will even change the Modified on for closed records.

I have a report for closed cases and the only way to know when a report was
closed is to check it's status as resoved and then when it was laset
modified, now that i changed a security role all my cases open or resoved
have the same modified on date and i can not rut the report any more.

Is this a bug? is it known? what runs in the background when you change a
security role, can i do something to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Ronen

0
Ronen
11/28/2004 4:12:59 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is a known issue.

The security descriptor on the records gets changed

You may have to wait for CRM 2005, when the security architecture will be
changed

Peter Lynch

"Ronen Zakay" <RonenZ@sitqad.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone notice that if you change a security role and save it, it will
> change the modified on for all the records asociated with this security
> roll. It will even change the Modified on for closed records.
>
> I have a report for closed cases and the only way to know when a report
> was closed is to check it's status as resoved and then when it was laset
> modified, now that i changed a security role all my cases open or resoved
> have the same modified on date and i can not rut the report any more.
>
> Is this a bug? is it known? what runs in the background when you change a
> security role, can i do something to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ronen

0
Peter
11/29/2004 1:08:46 PM
also if someone moves an opportunities sales stage with a sales process the
modifiedby field is set to the person who created the sales process.
Basically the modifiedon and modifiedby fields are useless as the system
will update them for both security updates and sales processes. I am hoping
the  next release will correct this

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Ronen Zakay" <RonenZ@sitqad.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone notice that if you change a security role and save it, it will
> change the modified on for all the records asociated with this security
> roll. It will even change the Modified on for closed records.
>
> I have a report for closed cases and the only way to know when a report
was
> closed is to check it's status as resoved and then when it was laset
> modified, now that i changed a security role all my cases open or resoved
> have the same modified on date and i can not rut the report any more.
>
> Is this a bug? is it known? what runs in the background when you change a
> security role, can i do something to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ronen

0
John
12/1/2004 9:28:28 AM
Hi,

I had also just experience this bug  and its really bad news for me as it
affects my closed invoices dates.

As a workaround to changing the security permission on invoice, would it
work if instead of changing the role's permission directly, create a new
role with the new permission and add this new role to the user who
requires it.

Of course this would only work if the permission is to add on more access
and priviliges. It wouldn't work if you wanted to remove permissions from
the user role...

Would my workaround affect the invoice records? Any ideas?

Cheers
James

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:12:59 +0200

--
ChuanWee
LGA

[Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained in this e-mail. This e-mail is for the use only of the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any way whatsoever. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software. This message is subject to and does not create or vary any contractual relationship between LGA Pte Ltd (the Company) or any of its subsidiaries (comprising of LGA Technologies Pte Ltd; LGA International Pte Ltd; & LGA Telecom Pte Ltd) and you.
By opening any attachment to this message, you also agree to accept the risk that it may contain a virus or damaging code, and you agree that the sender and/or the Company and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss or damage thereby caused.]
0
James

Employee Attendance Hours To Date?
In the Employee Attendance Maintenance window, are the Hours To Date (& Days To Date, Weeks To Date) a life to date number or do they reset each year? If they reset, how does that happen? Thanks for all replies. ...

color transition (color changes from dark color to light color)
How Can I change background color from one color to the transition of this color ie. from dark color to light color? Set the background to the first color. Put your text or pictures on the slide. Copy the slide and past it next in the presentation. Now go to the new slide you just duplicated. Format the background to the new color. Set the slide transition to Fade. Now hen you click to transition the slide, the color will fade from one to the other while your text and pictures remain the same. It will look like the background simply changed colors. "color transition&q...

Archive Modified date
QQ, I have just moved users from one mail server to another. Now, archiving no longer works. I looked at this and found out that archiving works with modified dates and since this was changed recently I am stuck. Do you guys have any idea, if their is a work around for this. Users have lots of sub folders. Thanks B Not really...you can manually archive by dragging and dropping items to the archive folders, or you might be able to use one of the 3rd party solutions listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to m...

Date
When I restarted my computer on January 2, 2004, the date in MSMoney had changed to June 2, 2004. Why did this happen and how do I fix it? Money doesn't make this stuff up. Check the system data again. "Cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033b01c3d174$8e57dc00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I restarted my computer on January 2, 2004, the date > in MSMoney had changed to June 2, 2004. Why did this > happen and how do I fix it? In microsoft.public.money, Cindy wrote: >When I restarted my computer on January 2, 2004, the date >...

comparing dates cells
I'm comparing a date from one cell to a date within my formula. I've tried using datevalue but that doesn't work either. How do you do this? My formula reads as: =IF(A2>1/1/2003, "yes", "no") Where A2 is an entered date ie: 5/1/2003 Thanks, Ben =IF(A2>"1/1/2003","yes","no") -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "ben" <ben@2ndsource.com> wrote in message news:01d301c368e3$fed01320$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm comparing a date from one cell to a date within my > form...

help with range lookup and date criteria
Hello, I have a list of doctors (column A) that are each on-cal through a number of days. My argument is: if the date value of B1 an C1 is within the current date, then repeat the value of A1 -- James Spaldin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James Spalding's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39088 hi, James ! > ... a list of doctors (column A) that are each on-call through a number of days. > ... argument is: if the date value ...

Populate form txtBox with current User & Date
I'm in need of the code or syntax to autopopulate txtBox1 with th current time & date and txtBox2 with the current User in an excel form This is necessary to record who made changes to the data and when i was done. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Canuc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Canuck, Try something like the following: Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" _ (ByVa...

1.3R Change Database Engine from MSDE to SQLE2005
Do anyone have a step by step process for changing the database engine from MSDE to SQL Express 2005 for RMS 1.3R? Thanks Here's what I did: 1. Backup existing database 2. Installed .Net 2.0 myself (since it is required for new DB) 3. Ran MS Update just to make sure after .Net 2.0 install 4. Made sure I had at least 1GB free in C: 5. Installed SQL 2005 Express from RMS 2.0 CD (allowed it to remove MSDE) 6. Re-booted 7. Ran MS Update again 8. Started 1.3 Manager to test DB connections and anything funny 9. Tested my backup/restore db command file -- John M. "Danny" <...

Date Formats
I have about 4000 dates in a spreadsheet, some of the dates are in the 'mm/dd/yyyy' format and have no problem with them; however, interspersed throughout the file are 'yyyy' dates only that tend to default to an erroneous 'mm/dd/yyy' format. i.e., 1825 may get translated as 01/20/1905. How can I have the 'mm/dd/yyyy' and 'yyyy' dates in the same column? I've tried text and custom but still have no relief -- SgtBob Say the dates are in column A, In B1 enter: =IF(A1<3000,DATE(A1,1,1),A1) and copy down. The format column B as th...

Encoding Dates
I have dates in column A, and I would like to encode them in column B as the following; e.g. For 12/6/2003 in columnA ColumnB should have 120603 in the same row. For 8/5/2004 in columnA ColumnB should have 080504 in the same row. For 8/17/2004 in columnA ColumnB should have 081704 in the same row. Will someone help me with a formula, as well as VBA code, please. I tried this one, and got erroneous ans. Cells(1, 2) = Format(Cells(1, 1), "mmddyy") Hi Daniel! Try this: =TEXT(A1,"mmddyy") Note that the output will be *TEXT* Biff >-----Original Messa...

How do I write an IF function using dates?
I'm trying to do a logical test that uses dates. If I use > it returns the correct result, but if I use = or < I get the wrong result: A B C 1 25/03/2010 500 0 2 24/03/2010 300 0 3 27/03/2010 750 750 In C1 the formula is =IF(A1=25/3/2010,K32,0) which I would expect to be true and return 500, but it returns the false value In C2 the formula is =IF(A2<25/3/2010,K33,0) which I would expect to be true and return 300, but it returns the false value In C3 the formula is =IF(A3>25/3/2010,K34,0) which is true and returns the correct...

Inclusive Date Range
I'm creating a spreadsheet to help calculate the split on rent and utilities. The method I'm using to split things up requires a calculation using the number of days in a billing period. Let's say A2 holds the period start date and B2 holds the period end date. June 1 - June 30 will be our arbitrary billing period. That period contains 30 days, but using a formula like this =B2-A2 would return 29 days because it's calculating the difference, whereas I want the inclusive span. What I ended up doing was changing the formula to =B2-A2+1 which works, but I'm wondering if ther...

Screen resolution changes automatically in Money 2004 Deluxe
I had to reinstall Money 2004, now everytime I open Money the resolution changes to 800 to 600 pixels, driving me crazy! How can I stop this from happening? Now I have to wait until I sign into Money before changing or it will do it again before starting. Are we talking size of Money window or system wide screen displayed resolution? Either way, I'm not sure this has come up before. If the latter, what was your system resolution? You say "reinstalled"--so this was not happening before? "nlvwjc" <nlvwjc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70B17B2...

Changing Report Printer
Anyone know how to change the printer associated with a report in Access 2007? Everytime I change the printer for a report, it reverts back to the Windows default printer. I know I can set the desired printer as the Windows default but I have hundreds of reports designed to use various different printers and doing this for each one is impossible. This behavior is new with Access 2007. Prior to this (Access 97, 2002, 2003 ....) you could set different printers for different reports. Acess 2007 appears to provides this capability (in page setup) but it just doesn't take when you se...

Change date
I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written first as year then month then day Ex: 20051116. I want to change all of them in a date format like this 11/16/2005 with out retyping each one. I have tried to change the format but excel will not read it. I have tried to make a macro but excel only changed that one cell not the entire column. Please help. On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:29:30 -0700, "Quandary" <Quandary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written >first as year then mont...

Transfer Delivery Date
Hi! A few months ago I noticed Money 2006 started messing with my transfer dates when I am transfering money between accounts. This even caused me a nice NSF charge. NOT happy about that. However, why all of the sudden can you no longer transfer money without a 4 day wait period. I even called my bank and they couldn't tell me (Compass). For example, today is the 7th. If I do a transfer, I can set it up but the date says the 11th and I can't change it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! This is bank specific. My bank US Bank allows me to do an XFER ...

Slug ModifiedOn
Hello, I'm looking for a way to get ModifiedOn in an email that is generated by an Workflow. In CRM 2.1 I used : &account.modifiedbyname; Is this possible in CRM 3.0? ...

Dynamic Charts
I've read a lot of the entries regarding Dynamic Charts and think I understand it for a single Series, but I'm having trouble getting it to work when it's the number of Series that changes and the Category is static. I'm using a line graph (data sample below) for sales at different locations of dealerships during past years. Each dealership has a different number of locations so I have an advanced filter that provides the unique locations by dealer and would like the graph to adjust to the number of locations that are returned. Location Location Name 2005 ...

How do I change the font color of each sheet title?
I am trying to change the color of the title of each of my sheets in excel. You know when you open a new project there are sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3? How can I change the color of each of those words? THANK YOU! You can change sheet tab color by right click on sheet tab and select tab color "margie" wrote: > I am trying to change the color of the title of each of my sheets in excel. > You know when you open a new project there are sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3? > How can I change the color of each of those words? > THANK YOU! ...

Multiple Shipping Dates
I have a spreadsheet containing ship information for a client. Each inventory item shipped is represented as a separate line. However, several line might be for the same PO. Each PO needs to have a single invoice. I need to create manual invoices for each PO. I have previously used a vlookup function and input invoice numbers one at a time, and it would use the invoice number to look up the relevant data and fill in the appropriate field son the invoice. The problem is that works fine if there is only one inventory item per PO. The challenge is how to populate multiple lines of ...

Creating a Quote view changed ModifiedOn property?
I recently had a user create a new view in Quotes. She added the column Modified On to the view. After saving the view and testing it out, she noticed that all of the Quotes had a modified date of the current date. I don't know if it matters, but the Modified On field is not one that we have exposed on the Quote form. When the view was created, did it populate this field at that time? Any help is appreciated! Thanks. The view woouldn't have updated the existing records. However, workflow rules have been known to do this type of updating. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---...

Date Conditional Formatting
I want to be able to make the cell change a color when the date entered into the cell has reached one of the three time lines: Green: Dates between date in cell and 20 days after, Yellow: Date 21 days after date in cell, and Red: Date 28 days after date in cell. I know how to change the color but the date formulas are giving me trouble. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. If your date is in A1, in B1 you could do: =(A1)+20 enter then right-click the cell and format it as a date. Does that help? Repeat for the 21 days and 28 days. Conditional Formatting: http://www.co...

Subtracting dates: 8/31/05-8/1/05?
I am trying to subtract the current date from the last business day of the month, both being business days only. So today is 7/26/05 and last business day is 7/29/05, so 7/29/05-7/26/05 = 3 days. I have one cell with the current date. So that cell minus last business day equals the balance of the month. Any help is appreciated, thanks. -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390198 Try ...

Multiple dates, times, or formulas in a single cell
I'm trying to track a project over a period of time. Part of that is to note the planned date and the actual date and time. In some cases the task will take multiple dates and times to complete. I would like to keep all of the dates and times in the same cell without converting them to text. I'm hoping that this would allow me to use the filters to recognize the dates when needed. It would also avoid creating even more columns to track the additional dates and times. The same question applies to formulas. Does anyone know if what I'm trying to do is even possible. I...

How can i change the default layout for inserting slides?
When I add a slide by pressing Control+M, I want the new slide to be a blank side. The default layout is Title and Content. Hi, You can try this free add-in http://skp.mvps.org/setlayout.htm -- Regards, Shyam Pillai Handout Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/how. PowerPoint 2010 (32-bit/64-bit) versions supported. "Sinh Trinh" <SinhTrinh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B14951-5E6D-43EB-8BE7-942208A3C649@microsoft.com... > When I add a slide by pressing Control+M, I want the new slide to be a > blank > side. The default layout is Title a...